Motor City Burning
Welcome to Motor City Burning: World of Darkness online role playing game. Due to the graphic, predatory nature of the violence and adult activities Kindred, Hunters, and the Created take part in, we require all players to be 18 years of age or older. If you are at least 18 and would like to play with us, hit the "Register" key and come on in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Motor City Burning
Welcome to Motor City Burning: World of Darkness online role playing game. Due to the graphic, predatory nature of the violence and adult activities Kindred, Hunters, and the Created take part in, we require all players to be 18 years of age or older. If you are at least 18 and would like to play with us, hit the "Register" key and come on in!
Motor City Burning
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

On the Streets: 3:12 PM

5 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

On the Streets:  3:12 PM - Page 3 Empty Re: On the Streets: 3:12 PM

Post by Tehrat Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:57 pm

Sara paused, deciding to stay in the area to see what happened. And she was going to track down that priest. Crazy son of a bitch jumping in front of someone ready to rip his throat out. What did he think he was playing at? Coulda gotten himself killed with nothing to show for it.

Tehrat

Back to top Go down

Post by cobrawax Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:04 pm

"Oh come on. Don't tell me you wouldn't take a picture if you saw someone getting arrested."
Spoiler:

cobrawax
cobrawax

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazakin Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:06 pm

Joshua fell silent, listening sympathetically. He sighed softly. "Look, I know you probably think I'm totally green about this, but I've seen people forced to do things you probably don't want to think about by entities that see us as even less than ants. Something that wants to feed you blood is horrifying, but it's not new to me." He watched them get out of the car. "I want to help you, but I can't do that unless you let me."

He sighed as they walked away, shook his head and closed the car door behind him. He never felt much fear walking through rough neighbourhoods. A clerical collar made a lot of people a bit hesitant, and he believed passionately that his life was in God's hands. He walked after them.

Kazakin

Back to top Go down

Post by Seryna Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:30 pm

The Fly Trap
Characters: Liam & Sara
NPCS: Agent in Fly Trap, second Agent and 'Julian' by van on the street

As Sara watched the agent question Liam, she noted that the agents hand rested back on his hip. She couldn't see a holster, but she did note a suspicious budge there. She could see his pistol in the visible holster, snapped down to prevent any suspect obtaining it. So what else could the agent be thinking of?

The agent stared at Liam for a beat before nodding slowly.
"I don't want to see that on the news about police brutality." With that gruff good bye, he exits the restaurant and walks towards the van. Julian is no where in sight, presumably loaded into the van.

Kim seems to be considering Joshua's words as she walks, glancing back at Joshua. Edgar continues straight ahead, glancing skyward occasionally.

"Maybe you have." She stated quietly, murmuring. "But we can't talk until we're safe."

After about three minutes, the pair approaches a derelict hotel. The two now glance around the hotel, standing in place as they visibly scan the hotel.

Edgar suddenly turns his head behind you, drawing a pistol. It gleams blue in the retreating sunlight.

"Easy, Ed." A man's voice cautions. From shade you wouldn't think big enough to hide a man, a large, lumberjack sort of man emerges.
"Good to see you out."

The pistol is lowered, but remains in Edgar's hand.
"They're onto us." Kimberly stated, her voice devoid of emotion. She has that detached tone as when she replied to Joshua's voice.

"Then lets get inside." The unknown man glances at Joshua for a beat, then back at Kimberly. She strides past the unknown towards the hotel and the man falls in step beside her.

As you approach the hotel, you note that all of the doors and windows are boarded up. The wood appears high quality. Kim and Edgar follow the man around the back of the hotel, revealing a small parking lot behind the two story hotel. There is a stair case leading down to a service door. An exterior staircase rises for second floor access, but a metal fence has been erected around it with a high quality padlock.

Retrieving a key, the man unlocks the fence and admits you to the second floor, carefully locking the gate behind you.

Seryna

http://shadowclaw.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cobrawax Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:37 pm

Liam wiped the sweat off his brow and texted the photo to the Professor

Found it! Cops or something took him though. Used zipties instead of handcuffs.
cobrawax
cobrawax

Back to top Go down

Post by Tehrat Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:42 pm

Sara nodded to Liam, then headed to her car. She wanted to at least make sure no one else went after the woman. If this had happened before, there would be trouble. And that Priest must've had a death wish. Still, it shouldn't be too hard to find a priest. Churches had webpages and whatever. She pulled out her cellphone and brought up Google.

Tehrat

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazakin Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:48 pm

Joshua walked inside. He couldn't feel anything monsterous- but of course, a human could do as much evil on their own. He bowed his head for a moment, just a second, and prayed that should anything go wrong, someone would take good care of Terri. He trusted her to be in God's hands, but his dear wife didn't deserve to have to carry the burden of him alone.

"I wouldn't lie to you," he said quietly. "I only want to help."

Kazakin

Back to top Go down

Post by Seryna Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:02 pm

Fly Trap parking lot

As Sara brought up google and searched for churches, she found a few. Eliminating the faiths that didn't support actual priests, the hay stack was narrowed down to a few strands of straw. Three to be precise, all with websites.

Kim and Edgar lead Joshua into a hotel room. It was clearly a suite at one time, now rather spacious with the bed removed. The unknown man has vanished wordlessly on the way up here.

Kim sinks to the ground, burying her head in her hands. Edgar sits with his back against the way, staring at the door. The pistol sits in his hand.

Glancing around, you note that the window has been barricaded with wooden planks and reinforced with a metal cage- which includes a small port hole, perhaps for a rifle to rest on.

After a tense moment, Kimberly speaks to the ground, her head still lowered.

"You already helped us, pastor. We... we were stupid back there. You were right. " She lifts her head and you see tears welling underneath her long, dark lashes.
"Have you really met people who were made to...

Seryna

Back to top Go down

Post by cobrawax Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:06 pm

While waiting for the Professor to respond, Liam sent the photo of the necklace to a friend of his who was an art house evaluator
Hey, saw this necklace. Looked interesting. You know anything about it?
Spoiler:
cobrawax
cobrawax

Back to top Go down

Post by Seryna Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:12 pm

After a few moments, the reply came back:
I don't actually see a necklace to comment on. The chain is a snake chain- can be found inexpensively online. To the laymen, it looks elegant and classy and is affordable at about 15 bucks a pop. Anything on that is likely light. Not sure I can help you any more on jewelry... not my area of expertise.

Seryna

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazakin Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:17 pm

Joshua knelt down on the carpet next to Kimberly. He put a soothing hand on her shoulder, very gently and unaggressively so that she wouldn't misinterpret the movement. He nodded.

"When I was 17, I was working at a soup kitchen after school," he said quietly. "A man came in, raving. I could see... there was something inside him. I talked to him for hours, and he told me that he was sometimes forced to do things that he didn't truly want to do by a voice that lingered in his head, Kimberly. He told me that the night before, he'd strangled his wife because she'd been home late too many times. When I touched him, his skin burnt. He was possessed by a demon- a real one. I cast it out of him. Since then, I've been trying to help people who have been affected by the supernatural. People like you. I told you I've never met a vampire in person, but I have met someone who was touched by one that used to be their child. It was afraid of churches. Wouldn't go into the graveyards. She came to me. Stayed in the church for days until it got so desperate it tried to cross the boundaries."

Kazakin

Back to top Go down

Post by cobrawax Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:18 pm

And I thought I found something interesting. Oh well. Thanks. Liam texted back

Liam looked at the photo closely to see if there was in fact anything unusual about this chain.
Spoiler:
cobrawax
cobrawax

Back to top Go down

Post by Seryna Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:28 pm

Hotel

Kimberly was silent for a long moment. Studying her, Joshua is affected by her expression- its as though she is actively controlling her face into an expressionless mask. That could be learned as a way to avoid aggression.... but you spot crevices in the woman's armor.

Her lip trembles, ever so slightly.
When her lips part for her to speak, you detect a waver in her voice.
"The woman... did it get her back?"

Edgar stares at the door steadfast, a silent sentinel. If he hears or is affected by your words, you see no sign of it.

Flytrap

Liam studied the photo, but couldn't get a sense that there was anything unusual about the chain. He felt confident that if there was, he would have noticed it. The unusual aspect must be the hidden aspect, the part that he had not glimpsed.

What would happen to the property of a 'man' in booking was nearly locked in stone- it would be removed and checked into evidence. If the amulet afforded the vampire safety from the sun, there was a chance he would perish at its removal.

Glancing skywards, the sun was just now setting. True darkness was a ways off, suggesting that the vampire may defend its amulet being removed from around its neck.

Seryna

Back to top Go down

Post by Tehrat Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:32 pm

Counting herself pretty damned lucky that she had a phone that had internet, Sara was now counting on the fact that the websites of the three possible churches had pictures of the vicars there. How many young and blond vicars could their be amongst the three of them? She checked out each of the churches in turn, browsing through the pages.

Tehrat

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazakin Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:44 pm

"No. The moment it crossed the threshold, it shattered. Like glass." Joshua said quietly. "By the time I got to it, it had melted away. It never bothered her again. I suspect the reason it feared the churchyard is that it had some spiritual antipathy towards it." He paused. "She's still perfect healthy. I see her often."

Kazakin

Back to top Go down

Post by Seryna Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:06 pm

Parking Lot of the Fly Trap

Sara browsed for several minutes, reflecting that if the webmaster put less biblical quotes on every single page, the page would load quicker without frustrating potential parishioners. After a few moments of digging through what seemed like an entire book of the Bible, Sara found a picture that had a great resemblance. Staring at the small screen of her phone for a minute, she was fairly certain that this was indeed the man who had intervened earlier.

Joshua

Fly Trap
As Liam finished consulting his phone, the restaurant slowly came back to life around him. Two of the wait staff hurried out to right the chairs and whisk away the soiled food. The hush that had fallen over the street at the climax of the confrontation slowly faded as new passersby walked by, engaged in thier own conversations and activities. The city was moving on, unknowing what had transpired here.

A flat across town

The Professor noted a new email from Hollandale - simply repeating her question on who Liam was working with and apologizing that she wouldn't be able to help immediately, she was off to meet with her contact. She would be in touch.

Derelict Hotel

Kimberly raised her head as Joshua spoke, watching transfixed as he finished his story.
"Then there is some hope that I won't have to live out the rest of my life as a slave. Thats what your saying, isn't it?"

She exhales slowly, appearing deep in thought.

"Thats what I want. I can't be recaptured. Its just too -" Her breathing quickens and she catches herself, closing her eyes.
"- I can't go back to that." She opens her eyes, looking to Joshua. "Are you sure that your friend could handle Julian? He's far more powerful than he ought to be. It doesn't make sense."

Seryna

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazakin Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:28 pm

"That's exactly what I'm saying, Kimberly. There's hope. There's always hope. Monsters shouldn't be allowed to prey on innocent people." Joshua said, his voice gentle. He didn't believe the monsters needed to be killed, of course. Sometimes they needed help as much as their victims. Ghosts, for example, seemed to just be lashing out at the nearest person who had hurt them.

"You're going to be fine. That I can promise you. It might take a long time, but you'll be alright." He paused. "My friend? Oh, the woman who restrained him. I'm certain that he couldn't break out from her grip, at least. People only react with 'you're not worth the effort!' if they can't actually escape."

Kazakin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tehrat Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:35 pm

Sara grinned in victory, flicked through the pages for the Church of St. Jude's contact details, and figured she could give the guy a quick call at least. Make sure he was still okay.

Tehrat

Back to top Go down

Post by cobrawax Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:47 pm

Liam went outside the Fly Trap because it was getting to loud to think. He hangs around, waiting for another text.
cobrawax
cobrawax

Back to top Go down

Post by Seryna Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:19 pm

Derelict Hotel

Kimberly nods slowly as Joshua explains. He can see that the emotionless mask has dissolved, her face is now expressive as she expresses concern.

"Julian Sane works for a very powerful vampire organization. I believe you when you say that theres hope for me... but I don't believe in tempting fate. Eddie and I will be staying here."

She glances to Eddie and her brow creases with concern at Eddie's tense posture as he stares at the door.

"... maybe for quite awhile." She murmurs at an attempt of levity, but the smile at her own joke doesn't reach her eyes.

Parking Lot

After a few moments of searching, Sara finds a personal page that lists the contact information of the church.Scanning for Joshua's name, she was pleased to discover that he had both an extension at the church and a cell phone listed. She had to wonder where the pastor had whisked off the witnesses er - victims.. and if the police would find them as easily as she had.

Plum Street

As Liam moves away from the outside cafe area of the restaurant, he notes a a muscled man brush by him as he hurries into the restuarant. His short sleeves reveal a fleeting glance at an extensive tattoo. The man pauses at the exterior door and turns his head to scan up and down the street. His eyes land on Liam.

Liam notes that he is speaking quietly - but not to him. He wonders if he's wearing a high quality wireless communications device. The man turns his head to the left of the street and as Liam follows his gaze, he sees two more men walking towards the restuarant.

They form a small triangle around the outside cafe of the restaurant, speaking quietly to into thier ear pieces as they survey the street. Thier eyes flick to Liam. One man continues to stare at him, frowning.

Seryna

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazakin Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:59 pm

"I understand your reluctance- I'm not saying you should run out in the streets and declare yourselves safe. Just that they may well have found you here already. It's important to be safe." Joshua said gently. "I'll give you all the help I can, I promise." He knew they were desperate. It couldn't be easy to get food in here.

Kazakin

Back to top Go down

Post by cobrawax Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:50 pm

Liam crossed the street and began talking to Sarah, like he knew her or something, in an effort to avoid notice. To avoid suspicion.
Spoiler:
"There are three rough looking guys looking around back there. Probably thugs working for the guy those cops just took away. So, I figure, it's best that we act natural. Don't look at them. Pretend we know each other. Pretend we're talking about the weather or something. We stand around alone, we'll draw attention to ourselves." said Liam softly.
cobrawax
cobrawax

Back to top Go down

Post by Seryna Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:23 pm

Sara scowled. "And if you had inside information, why the fuck didn't you tell the cops?" Was this guy trying to be precious or something?

As Liam and Sara converse, the unknown man walks parallel to them ten feet from them. He is pausing and checking the vehicles that he is passing, frowning. He lifts his eyes and glances towards Liam and Sara. He turns away from them, lifting his hand to his ear as he murmurs something unheard. Within a few moments, the other two men that Liam had noticed walk into view. They're heading your way. The first man leans against a car, studiously ignoring Liam and Sara.

Sara scowled. "And if you had inside information, why the fuck didn't you tell the cops?" Was this guy trying to be precious or something?

"I think they know. At least to an extent. Though, now I think they might be underestimating the guy." Liam replied.

"Wait, what? You think the police know WHAT? Stop talking in fucking riddles!" Sara snapped.

"I can't. I'm very sorry, but it's best to see it for yourself." said Liam solemnly

"See WHAT?" Sara growled. "Because right now, buddy, you look suspicious. And I'm not above breaking fingers to get you to talk."

As Liam and Sara converse, Liam's cell phone chirps to indicate that someone has sent him a text message. Upon checking it, he reads: 'Liam, this is Chrissy. Professor hasn't contacted me back yet; but I hear your in contact with a vampire that can walk in the sun. That can be very dangerous - I think I've already seen signs of a vampire conflict over the item that causes it. Can you find out where the amulet went? Its best if you get Dave or someone strong to go with you. This can be very dangerous. Please stay in contact. Chrissy Hollandale'
"Yes, that's exactly what I was trying to avoid unfortunately. " Liam notices his cell phone chirping. "Excuse me, miss. This is important." He read the message.

Sara shook her head in frustration and pressed the call button. Idiot. She listened to it ringing.

Joshua heard his cellphone ringing and gently removed his arm from Kimberley's. "Just excuse me a moment. I need to take this."

He picked up the phone and put it to his ear. "Hello?"

"Hey there. This is the gal that stopped you from getting shot and/or kidnapped earlier. Cops are looking to talk to you about what happened. You still in one piece?" Sara said cheerfully.

"Oh! Yes... of course. I'm perfectly safe. Thank you for your assistance, you were... very effective at restraining that ah... vampire." Joshua said, slightly awkwardly.

"...What." Sara said, not sounding in the mood to have the piss taken out of her.

"...Yes, I'm aware how that sounded. The man you restrained was a vampire. He was apparently forcing the individuals involved to drink his blood... hence the ah, mess on the plates. I know it sounds insane, but you were restraining him. Didn't you hear how odd he sounded?"

"That doesn't sound good. Is that the preacher guy? Mind if I talk to him?" Liam asked.

Sara raised an eyebrow and turned her back while she tried to make sense of what the priest was saying. She remembered the ghost of her former Sergeant lingering the barracks room and shuddered. "You're serious? You're... actually serious?"

Sara's phone call

"I swear it, yes. Listen to me. You need to find a friend, someone it is safe to stay with, and go to them. Don't be alone tonight." Joshua said, his voice soothing, but authoratitive.

"Listen. I'm... not gonna be able to explain this to any... friends. I'm barely believing it right now." Sara said sharply.

"You don't have to explain anything to them. Just make sure you're not alone. Safety in numbers." Joshua said quietly. "Come down to St. Jude's tomorrow, we'll talk there. My name is Joshua Haldor. Yours?"

[15:01:52] Kazakin : "Yeah, you're damn straight we're gonna be talkin' buddy. My name's Sara." Sara blew out a breath through her teeth. "I'll see you there." She hung up.

Liam's phone call

"Dammit, Liam." Chrissy snaps when Liam answers the call. "Don't you know how to text? I've been worried sick about you two!" She sounds angry... very angry. Liam is hardpressed to recall a time when he'd heard the doctor this upset. "Theres a vampire walking around - in the day- that can do all sorts of vile acts. You have to think about the first thing a vampire could do with this. Something like *hunt the hunter*. Us! We thought we were safe in the day, but now..." As she trails off, you detect fear underneath the anger.

"People took him away. I'll see what I can do. I'll get right on it. I swear."

"People took him away?" Chrissy demanded. "While you were doing what! Pull your head out of your ass. Call me in five minutes with where they took him. You can't do this alone." Chrissy ends the call.

Liam and Sara
Liam hung up. "Shit. I'm going to need to find him before he busts out."
He turns to Sara. "Hey, what did he say? He alright?"

"Give me one fucking reason why I should tell you anything! You've given me no reason to trust you- you come over here babbling about three guys, but refusing to give me any goddamn information and you expect me to bend over?!" The new information from the Priest might have made her SLIGHTLY tetchy.

"What did he say?" Liam repeated. "I promise I'll come clean. I'll admit. I've been dishonest. Holding back. I don't want to, but I just can't incriminate myself like that."

"You're telling me nothing and still talking in riddles!" Sara responded. "Hell, I'm pretty sure you must be working for the guy by now! You want me to trust you, you got to give me something!"

"Alright, I didn't want to spend a lot of time with the cops because, well, I got a lot of enemies. I carry a concealed weapon. I didn't get it legally."

"Wait a second. You're telling me that you held back the chance to give cops information on a kidnapping, because you're fucking terrified of getting a slap on the wrist for carrying concealed? A woman's LIFE was at stake, for crying out loud!"

"You're right. It was selfish. But I got to make this right now. I need to track down that man before he breaks out."
"And I can't do it alone."

"Uh... he'll be at the police station? Local precinct?" Sara answered in a bemused tone of voice.

"Yeah, I guess. That'd be the place to look. But, he's probably going to send his thugs or whatever, which complicates things. Now, you mind telling me what the preacher said?"

"Not much. We're gonna meet. Tomorrow. I'm gonna call a friend of mine who might not mind me crashing on his couch."

"Right, mind giving me his number? I think I might need to compare notes."

As Sara finishes her sentence, you hear a noise - the sound of a van door closing. Wondering when the van got so close to you without you noticing, something catches the corner of your eye. Someone is coming up behind you very quickly. As you turn your head, you spot the three athlethic men rushing towards you.

[15:20:56] cobrawax : Liam rolled 1 dice to "Initiative" 10,7 (1 successes)

[15:21:01] cobrawax : So 14
Sara: also 14

Seryna

Back to top Go down

Post by cobrawax Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:37 pm

"Shit, they work fast." Liam reached into his bagpack for his pistol.
cobrawax
cobrawax

Back to top Go down

Post by Tehrat Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:40 pm

Sara pulled her knife out of her boot and flicked it into a back-grip, grimly waiting. "I'm really not in the mood for this!"

Tehrat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next