Motor City Burning
Welcome to Motor City Burning: World of Darkness online role playing game. Due to the graphic, predatory nature of the violence and adult activities Kindred, Hunters, and the Created take part in, we require all players to be 18 years of age or older. If you are at least 18 and would like to play with us, hit the "Register" key and come on in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Motor City Burning
Welcome to Motor City Burning: World of Darkness online role playing game. Due to the graphic, predatory nature of the violence and adult activities Kindred, Hunters, and the Created take part in, we require all players to be 18 years of age or older. If you are at least 18 and would like to play with us, hit the "Register" key and come on in!
Motor City Burning
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

On the Streets: 3:12 PM

5 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

On the Streets:  3:12 PM - Page 2 Empty Re: On the Streets: 3:12 PM

Post by cobrawax Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:33 pm

Liam continued to watch the spectacle while he impatiently waited for a reply. Meanwhile, he kept the bag-pack where he left his pistol nearby.
cobrawax
cobrawax

Back to top Go down

Post by AeonThePhoenix Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:36 pm

Sat in his apartment leisurely enjoying a cup of tea and a scone with the day's paper, the Professor blinked as his mobile indicated the arrival of a new message.

Raising an eyebrow at the appalling spelling, the Professor read the message, then read it again to make sure he had understood what he was seeing correctly. Quickly he texted back:

[Stop it, take it alive if possible. Will pool any contacts I have and look into possible explanations. Keep me informed.]

Putting his paper aside, the Professor hobbled into the adjoining room with his cane, sitting in front of an elaborate pc setup at a desk. From here, he planned to send out requests to all his Hunter Contacts to see if they could collectively pool an answer to this turn of events while he did his own investigations into the matter. Then hopefully, he'd have some answers with which he could inform Liam of what was going on.

AeonThePhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by cobrawax Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:47 pm

Liam texted the Professor back: I'll try.

He put the lighter and spray can away. If they were going to study him, he'd be not use all burnt up. Liam then reached into his bag for the gun and looked around for any witnesses.
cobrawax
cobrawax

Back to top Go down

Post by Seryna Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:50 pm

[Professor]

Over the next few minutes; a few trickles came back to his replies. Few of his contacts were still in the city; if they mentioned a location at all. But the greatest resource was still the doctor; who replied that she still lived in town.

Dr. Hollandale replied that as far as she knew; there was nothing to make a vampire immune to the affects of sunlight. Yet she knew of some occultists who claimed that vampires practiced dark arts to expand upon their powers. They might take awhile to track down; but she'd call when they did.

She did reply that capturing a vampire would be especially difficult. They occasionally traveled in packs of their fellows or human servants.
'Substantial care should be taken to secure the vampire with strong, stable restraints. Did Crawford ever teach you that way to corral a vampire?"

Liam glanced around the cafe. Most of the people in the cafe had dispersed fearfully. The wait staff waited around the podium, likely phoning the police. There were one or two look a loos watching the loaded gun wielded by Edgar eagerly, expressions of fear or trepidation on their faces.

Seryna

http://shadowclaw.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cobrawax Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:54 pm

"Shit." Liam muttered under his breath when he noticed all the witnesses surrounding him. He withdrew his hand from the bag and waited for a text or something. He decided to watch, wait, and remain invisible.
cobrawax
cobrawax

Back to top Go down

Post by AeonThePhoenix Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:04 pm

The Professor dutifully texted Liam:

[No direct method to make vampires immune to sunlight. Rumor of Occultists claiming vampires can use dark arts to expand their power - will get back to you on that. Keep eye open for potential vampire pack or human servants in area - may prove problematic. Make sure you use strong stable restraints. Be careful.]

AeonThePhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazakin Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:05 pm

"You two won't be doing an awful lot except talking to detectives if you're still waving that weapon around," Joshua said, his voice firm. "You need to come with me, right now. That means you Kimberly, and you, Edgar, are going to walk away from this before you end up spending the night in a jail cell because you pointed a gun." He made sure his tone wasn't judgemental, just matter of fact and commanding.

OOC:

Kazakin

Back to top Go down

Post by Seryna Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:11 pm

Edgar lowered his gun, holding it at his side.

"You heard what he said, man. He wants to take you guys back to Carson's people. They're...bad news. Really."

Kimberly glances at Joshua; her eyes remaining on his face.
"O.K. You're right.. but this guys a monster, sir. We can't just let him go. The stuff that he's done... what he'd do if he catches me again.." Fear lent a tremble to her voice.

"But... we'll stay together." Edgar decides, moving towards Joshua. He holsters the gun. "There are things you should know."

"Blood whore." The Nordic hissed. His voice is low, gravelly. "We can tear out your tongue for starters. Help me take these people and I'll tell Carson how helpful you were."

Last edited by Seryna on Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

Seryna

Back to top Go down

Post by cobrawax Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:13 pm

Liam texted back: Dont have that kinda equipment or manpower right now sorry. I'll try, but I'm not sure if it's gonna work out. Any other advice?
cobrawax
cobrawax

Back to top Go down

Post by Tehrat Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:15 pm

"This is your one warning before I start breaking bones. I'm not pissed off at you, mark you. I just feel like hurting you." Sara said in a pleasant tone, her grip tightening just a fraction. "So it's up to you if you wanna keep trying to squirm." She nodded to the other two. "Be that as it may, you two should leave with this young man. This is under control here. Get somewhere safer."

Tehrat

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazakin Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:23 pm

Joshua led Kimberly and Edgar away from the street. His car was parked not far away, and he thought it would be easiest to get to St. Jude's rather than head home. The church was a secure building, and comfortably public at the same time. It seemed like the best idea.

"I have a fair idea what he might be capable of," he said quietly. "I know that he's not human, and I know that he's medically dead. From occult knowledge I've amassed over the years, I imagine he's some sort of vampire, although what exact type or ability he possesses I've yet to ascertain. It would be most helpful if you could fill me in a little further."

Kazakin

Back to top Go down

Post by Seryna Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:31 pm

"Bones?" Now the Nordic did smile. "This body has hundreds and each one you break will take time. What time is it, by the way?"

Eddie and Kim allow themselves to be led to Joshua's car, their expressions changing to shock as he speaks.
"You know?" Kim questions. "Then you could help us. This one- Julian Sane- works for the vampire who kidnapped Edgar and I. We escaped... were going to fight them..." She glances back at where Sara and Julian remained.

"- but they are so much stronger than us. Do you have any place we could lock it down?"

Seryna

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazakin Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:57 pm

Joshua unlocked his car, holding the door open. He got in to the driver's seat and closed the door behind him, pulling away. Once he was certain he was clear, he nodded.

"I've never encountered vampires before, but I've met quite a few other things. I was born with the ability to sense the supernatural. I've been using that gift to help the unfortunate ever since," he said, his voice gentle and reassuring as he spoke. "I'm the vicar of St. Jude's. It's not far from here."

Kazakin

Back to top Go down

Post by Seryna Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:08 pm

"Why you leaving her, man?" Edgar looked back at the cafe worriedly. "That beast is connected."

"So you don't know what bad beasts these are." Kimberly stated flatly. "Fuck. No, take us back to the hotel. We have weapons there."

The Fly Trap

The sound of approaching vehicles became known to Liam and Sara. As they looked towards the street, two black SUVs pulled to the curb.

The Nordic man was unusually quiet at this development.
The passenger side doors open as two Caucasian men in off the rack suits exit the vehicles, striding towards Sara and the Nordic. One reached into his inner pocket, drawing out a badge wallet.

"Ma'am, please step away from the subject."

Professor's email
Dr. Hollandale sent an email:

I've pinned down someone who I'll be meeting in town two hours from now. She's an informant for a man who claims to sell magic to vampires in town. But she did manage to tell me that there are myths surrounding the invention of an amulet; created through dark magic and the blood of human sacrifices.

She claims that the amulet could only belong to a very strong vampire, surrounded by either allies or the leader of a cult who willingly serve him. What have you gotten into?

~ Dr. Hollandale

Seryna

Back to top Go down

Post by AeonThePhoenix Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:44 pm

The Professor browsed the email from Professor Hollandale, sending a text back to Liam as he did so.

[Source of UV protection may be amulet. Obtain if opportunity available, otherwise priority is safety of civilians and yourself. Vampire is suspected leader of cult of willing slaves who may also have backup in immediate area.]

That done, Professor Stevens sent Dr Hollandale a reply to her message.

[Liam's encountered a vampire immune to sunlight, was looking for possible explanations for said occurrence. May consider requesting additional reinforcements to terminate Daywalker.]

AeonThePhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by cobrawax Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:52 pm

I'll keep you posted. Liam texted back

Liam tried to see if the Nordic man had an amulet on him.

"I wouldn't let that guy go if I were you." he finally said.
cobrawax
cobrawax

Back to top Go down

Post by Seryna Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:02 pm

The two gentlemen in suits continue to stare at Sara and the stranger expectantly. As Liam steps forward, one of the men turn to look at him. As you look past the newcomers to the violent stranger, you note an odd chain around his neck that runs under his shirt.

"Stay back, sir." One of the men said to Liam. "Please wait outside. Do not leave, we'll need to speak to you."

The one closest to Sara repeats himself.
"Ma'am, we are here to apprehend the subject. If you could release him and step away with my partner for questioning..."

Daywalker? Hollandale's reply leads. Very trendy of you, Professor. Is Liam working with Dave or someone of a stoic nature? He may have encountered a great deal of supernaturals, but this could be something new. Very dangerous.

Seryna

Back to top Go down

Post by cobrawax Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:19 pm

Liam snapped a photo of the chain.
Spoiler:
"Not sure why you'd want to do that. I don't know shit about what just happened."
cobrawax
cobrawax

Back to top Go down

Post by Seryna Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:25 pm

"What the hell-" The agent closest to Liam becomes irate, stepping forward.

"Now I'll have to detain you for questioning for interfering with an investigation. "
He steps forward and reaches out for Liam's arm.

"Yeah, yeah arrest me..." The Nordic drawled. "Get this bitch off of me. I think I'd like to press charges."

He lulls his head back towards Sara, smirking.
"Like I said, babe."

Seryna

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazakin Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:25 pm

Joshua raised an eyebrow. That seemed wrong. It made more sense to flee, not look for an assault rifle.

"It would probably be unwise to head back to your previous safe places. They apparently know who you are and where you're coming from. If you'd prefer, I can drop you off and leave you, but I'd rather help." Still, he couldn't really interfere in someone else's life. That would be worse than immoral. It wasn't for him to judge.

Kazakin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tehrat Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:28 pm

Sara glanced at the cop, and gave a curt nod. "Sure thing. Guy was trying to kidnap some girl outside the restaurant. Here." She bent Nordic's arms around for cuffing. "Some Priest took her out of the area to make sure she was alright, she seemed pretty hysterical. Oh, and buddy? You can't press charges for someone performing a citizen's arrest on you. I didn't even bruise you. Learn to read laws."

Tehrat

Back to top Go down

Post by Seryna Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:31 pm

"They don't know about the hotel." Kim stated confidently, as though there was no chance that she could be wrong.
"We set up there all last night. If they knew, they would have struck us when they were strongest. Start her up." She snaps on her seat belt and leans forward, checking something under the hem of her jeans.

"Head south. I'll tell you when to park... its best not to drive right on it."

Edgar remained silent, staring out of the back window. His eyes were unblinking as he stared at the Fly Trap, his eyes flicking to the black van.

The agent closest to Sam stepped forward. Instead of hand cuffs, he placed zipties - two of them - around the Nordic man's wrists. This seemed to surprise the Nordic man.
"What are you doing, you -"
"Joe- read him his rights." The first agent interrupted gruffly. 'Joe' - the shorter, more stout man who had been staring at Liam glanced away from Liam.

Joe took the Nordic by the elbow, guiding him out towards the van. You could hear him muttering, perhaps the Miranda. The Nordic shrugged his shoulders, agitated.

The so far unnamed man glanced sideways at Liam, frowning. His eyes drop to the camera before he looks back to Sara.

"Thank you, Ma'am, for the assistance. Now if I could get your name - and perhaps the names of the victim and the second witness, I could leave you in peace and get him processed."

Seryna

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazakin Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:36 pm

Joshua frowned a little bit. He didn't like the idea of getting weapons- nor of heading back to this hotel. He continued to drive in a southernly direction, checking his mirrors patiently.

"Or perhaps they would choose not to, because they knew you'd be waiting for them?" He suggested, his hands moving across the steering wheel. "Why are you so desperate to kill them? What did they do to you that hurt you so?"

Kazakin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tehrat Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:40 pm

"My name's Sara Lawrence," Sara responded calmly. "I'm afraid I didn't get the name, but he's a Priest, and I know he's from this area- I've seen him around downtown before. He must be at one of the local churches around these parts. I'm pretty sure the woman who Sparky was trying to nab was called Kimberly. There was a guy eating with her... Edgar, I think. Didn't get their last names." She wondered a bit at the plastic ties instead of the handcuffs. Maybe this guy was familiar to them. At any rate, those things were nearly impossible to break, even if they were attached to a car. That guy wasn't getting out any time soon.

Tehrat

Back to top Go down

Post by Seryna Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:53 pm

Kim glances at Joshua, not speaking. She turns from him, scanning the area outside of the window.
"Maybe." Kim stated flatly, as though she wasn't truly entertaining the idea. "You saw him back there. Ed and I were just getting something to eat..."
"First time we've had real food in weeks." Edgar interjected roughly from the back seat. His voice is rough, emotional.

"- and he fucked with our food, laced it with blood. How sick is that, he fucked it up from the kitchen and... thats how he is. A long term mind fucker."

Her tone is savage.

"Thats his game for catching us."

She abruptly stops speaking. Whatever Julian had done to hurt them prior to the 'escape' and 'recapture attempt' was not forthcoming.

"Here." Kimberly stated abruptly. "Pull over."
Glancing around, you note that the area has become seedier. You spot a pawn store several yards away and an off brand 7 - 11. The rest of the street is darkened, the three building were boarded over.
No one is around despite the approaching twilight.

Kimberly and Edgar unsnap their seat-belts and glance around the street. After a minute, they walk down a darkened alley. They don't look behind them to see if you are following.

"Thank you, Ma'am, I'm sure an upstanding citizen that you describe would respond to a request to come in for questioning. You assistance has been invaluable."

The words were clipped, professional. He doesn't meet Sara's eyes again, glancing towards Liam.

"And the purpose of that picture you took, Mr...?"

Seryna

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next