Motor City Burning
Welcome to Motor City Burning: World of Darkness online role playing game. Due to the graphic, predatory nature of the violence and adult activities Kindred, Hunters, and the Created take part in, we require all players to be 18 years of age or older. If you are at least 18 and would like to play with us, hit the "Register" key and come on in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Motor City Burning
Welcome to Motor City Burning: World of Darkness online role playing game. Due to the graphic, predatory nature of the violence and adult activities Kindred, Hunters, and the Created take part in, we require all players to be 18 years of age or older. If you are at least 18 and would like to play with us, hit the "Register" key and come on in!
Motor City Burning
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter Two of Devastation: Attn Chris, Dave, Professor Stevens, Liam

4 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Chapter Two of Devastation: Attn Chris, Dave, Professor Stevens, Liam - Page 2 Empty Re: Chapter Two of Devastation: Attn Chris, Dave, Professor Stevens, Liam

Post by cobrawax Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:23 pm

Liam went up to Bookman. "Is it safe now? I was hoping to take a look at some of those history books you had."
cobrawax
cobrawax

Back to top Go down

Chapter Two of Devastation: Attn Chris, Dave, Professor Stevens, Liam - Page 2 Empty Re: Chapter Two of Devastation: Attn Chris, Dave, Professor Stevens, Liam

Post by Seryna Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:54 am

"Relatively speaking..." Bookman replied, turning to cast a weather eye to the boarded windows. "The Webero is gone, with two children with it. Sad, sad..." He shakes his head with genuine sorrow.

After he takes a moment to compose himself, he glances up at Liam.
"What were you saying, lad? Something about books? Could you be more specific? I do have quit a few."

Seryna

http://shadowclaw.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cobrawax Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:46 pm

Liam glances at the people who traveled here with him. "Anything about the year 2010. Also anything about CODA." says Liam in almost a whisper.
cobrawax
cobrawax

Back to top Go down

Post by Seryna Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:10 am

"That far back?" Bookman turned and scanned his desk. You picture the desk groaning under the weight of the many faded and aged volumes.
"Oddly enough, I just had those out. Someone- oh, right... someone needed to see the old time line. " His voice turned speculative. "Pity they couldn't run it to old Pitt for me."

Seryna

Back to top Go down

Post by cobrawax Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:34 am

Liam nodded. "No rush." He twiddled his thumbs. "So, where the people who needed the time line from Susan's group by any chance? Why would you need someone to bring the time line to Pitt anyway?"
cobrawax
cobrawax

Back to top Go down

Post by Seryna Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:16 am

"Well, yes." Bookman seemed surprised. " She did seem so anxious to get home.."

He moved over to the desk and began to delicately lift the books, scanning the spines before stacking them in an organized manner.

"They were so interested in the timeline, but oddly hesitant to take it. This timeline is rare, you see. As far as I know, its the only one in existence. This town is becoming more unstable- and..." He paused, staring at a book without reading it. "- and others should see it."

Seryna

Back to top Go down

Post by Seryna Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:34 pm

[14:47:33] AeonThePhoenix : The Professor motioned to get Liam's attention. "Perhaps we should show him the journal." he mouthed silently.

[14:48:32] cobrawax : Liam shrugged.

[14:49:12] Seryna : The exterior door opened and Chrissy Hollandale brushed inside looking flustered. "Liam? Professor?" She called worriedly, shaking sand from her hair as she moved into the library.

[14:50:14] AeonThePhoenix : "In here Doctor." Samuel Stevens called to her.

[14:51:01] Seryna : "Hey." Chrissy rushed towards you, the worry lines in her face fading. "Those wierd scientists are outside. Mr. MTG is sort of freaking out." Bookman paused his organizing, looking at the doctor with surprise.

[14:54:17] cobrawax : "You find it yet Mr. Bookman?" asked Liam

[14:57:34] Seryna : Bookman pulled his eyes away from Chrissy and lifted the last book away. A vellum case - a tube- was unearthed. "Here is the time line." He stated with some reverence. "My father started this when I was a boy." With his fingertip he popped the seal off of the end and drew out a long rectangle of aged paper. You see that the timeline is very detailed. It is color coded- at a glance, you spot five segments. The golden color featured dates you recognized- 2000 - your present day.

[14:58:38] AeonThePhoenix : "What do the colours signify?" The professor asked, curious.

[15:05:12] Seryna : "The different ages." Bookman explained, signalling on the time line. "The gold color is the golden age of tecnology, followed by the red color of the outbreak." You can see that the red section was nly for approximately two years. "Then there was the war." His finger moved to the five year stretch of yellow. "It used a great deal of our resources..." He turned to the last two colors."Here is the grey of the 'black scare'." He said gravely. "Where the exterior trheats to humanity called off the war in order for survival. Then theres the current age- the age that I added."

[15:08:50] cobrawax : "Interesting." Liam went up and read the earliest entry on the timeline.

[15:11:28] Seryna : "You are interested that far back?" Bookman seemed surprised. As you look at the date you are startled to see that it is the current date in your home. "Terrible." Bookman stated. "If Professor delke hadn't called us away, my family would have ben exposed. It all started at this convention- not that you'd know what that is... conventions haven't been around since teh outbreak. But there was a terroist attack there, the virus was launched. " Bookman frowned. "My father's friend insisted on an odd occurance, sounds like a conspiracy theorist, really."

[15:13:01] cobrawax : "Yeah, the farther back, the better." said Liam as he observed the timeline.

[15:13:45] AeonThePhoenix has joined the chat on Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:13 pm

[15:14:04] cobrawax : "So, are there any details about these terrorists?"

[15:14:06] AeonThePhoenix : "DO you know anymore about that attack?" The Professor planned to press for as much information as Bookman had.

[15:17:21] Seryna : "Oh yes..." Bookman nodded. "My father was a doctor, as was his friend. They were one of the first responders later they set up a clinic to treat the infected. I was only ten years old at the time, but my father took pains to investigate it with his friend Dr. Delke. Supposedly, the media said that it was terroists from the Middle east. Yet Dr. Delke found this odd little device- in the neck of one of the infected. It looked as though someone had purposely targetted the attendees for infection. The odd thing was that no CODA were infected.."
[15:19:01] cobrawax : "Yeah, that is weird." said Liam, stroking his chin.

[15:19:23] Seryna : As Liam studied the timeline, he found that the first main event was the 'Infection at CODA convention'. The second entry was 'first clinic' at Mary Catherine hospital.
[15:20:44] AeonThePhoenix : "I think from that we can probably infer that CODA were responsible for starting the infection." The Professor speculated.

[15:21:54] Seryna : "Thats what Dr. Delke insisted." Bookman nodded. He turned back to the timeline. "Here-" He pointed to the start of the war. "- here, there were allegations that CODA was expermenting on people. The war was fought by CODA and those who accused them of human engineering."

[15:24:58] Seryna : "I must say, I'm very curious about your interest of all that. No ones asked me about this since I was a young man. People don't care much for history or literature, now... every one is fast adapting to become Ahab."

[15:29:15] Seryna : Chrissy leaned over the timeline, reading it carefully alongside Liam. Setting her hand upon the desk, she drew it away in surprise. In her hand she held a scrap of notebook paper.

[15:30:26] cobrawax : "Well, we're just wondering, hypothetically, if there's a way that the infection could be prevent. I mean, it's probably useless, but it's you know, good to learn from past mistakes. I mean, it's probably crossed your mind, hasn't it?"

[15:32:01] Seryna : "Yes... but the infection has occured. Short of time travel-" he barked a laugh. "-there's not much we can do to prevent the convention's outbreak."

Seryna

Back to top Go down

Post by cobrawax Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:34 am

Liam sighed. "Yeah, I guess. So, what did Dr. Delke find out about these devices in people's necks? Were they in everyone who was infected there?"
cobrawax
cobrawax

Back to top Go down

Post by Seryna Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:41 pm

"It was an odd little device. Technology of that sort is rare today, but I'd say it looked like a tranquilizer dart. Yet instead of a sedative, Dr. Delke believes that it was the Paula virus. Once a few people were attacked in this manner, the disease went airborne. The attendees left in all of the confusion, unknowingly spreading the disease to the city.

If Dr. Delke hadn't suspected something and called my family away, we would have been exposed as well. I am very grateful to him, even if he did seem to have a paranoid mind at times.

I must say, you two seem to be educated. Did you come from one of the cities? Most people around here have a pitiful education- only a few people send children to me to even learn the basics of reading and mathematics, now."

Seryna

Back to top Go down

Post by cobrawax Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:24 am

Liam stroked his chin. "Fascinating. You were there at a major world event. Well, thanks for all the info. If you remember anything or come across anything about the events in 2010, let us know. We've been compiling as much information on it as we can."
cobrawax
cobrawax

Back to top Go down

Chapter Two of Devastation: Attn Chris, Dave, Professor Stevens, Liam - Page 2 Empty Ol' Detroit: The Library

Post by Seryna Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:53 am

[14:07:10] Seryna : "All right." Bookman replied, moving to carefully place the timeline back in its container. "Where are you headed to now?"

[14:09:36] cobrawax : "We wanted to meet up with Susan's group, so we'r e "heading to Pitt."

[14:11:24] Seryna : Dr. Hollandale grimancd at Liam's words, but said nothing. She gave a glance towards the door that opened to the street, looking anxious. "How are we going to elude our 'friends'?"

[14:11:45] AeonThePhoenix : The Professor nodded. "We have a feeling Pitt may well hold the last few pieces of the puzzle that we're looking for." The Professor thought for a moment. "That major world event... where is the site where it happened?" he asked.

[14:13:11] Seryna : "I wish you luck, then. You have the credit you earned working with me so best of luck. be sure to get plenty of provisions, the road is rough and full of dangerous creatures." He turned back to you at the Professor's words. "The infection first happened in Detroit, at a convention hosted by CODA."
[14:15:22] AeonThePhoenix : "Could you provide us with directions to where that convention was held? There might be something there that could shed light on what happened back in 2010." The Professor said.

[14:16:57] Seryna : "Oh, sure. It is one of the largest buildings around, now. It's fallen on hard times, of course. Locals try and take it over for the space. Last I heard, some bandits were hosting a gambling ring there."

[14:18:38] Seryna : "That's a good idea." Chrissy murmured. "I'd like to take a look at one of those devices- and maybe one got overlooked there."
[14:19:51] cobrawax : Liam inched over to where Dr. Hollandale was. "I don't know how we'll avoid those guys. Disguises maybe? Pretend we don't know them?" Liam paused. "Wait a minute. Maybe we should take them with us if we can."

[14:21:10] AeonThePhoenix : "They're from our time and unfortunately our problem... at least if they come with us we culd keep an eye on them."

[14:21:34] Seryna : "We have to deal with them one way or another." The Doctor said glumly. "At least she seems to be able to control her movements. That might help us."
[14:22:41] Seryna : Bookman seemed unable to follow your conversation from his position at the desk. He gives you a wave, seeming to think that you are making preparations to leave.

[14:24:45] AeonThePhoenix : ""Thank you for your assistance Bookman." The Professor acknowledged the man's aid. "If we turn up anything useful we'll let you know."

[14:27:39] Seryna : "I wouldappreciate that." Bookman says to them. I'm going to go out and look for my nephew. I wish you luck on your trip." The older gentlemen hustled across the flloor to the door, opening it wide to let in the thin, feeble early morning light. You can hear the sounds of angry voices outside. Bookman frowned and exited the library.

[14:28:38] Seryna : "The locals seem happy." Dr. Hollandale said dryly. "So are we heading to the convention center straightaway?"

[14:30:50] cobrawax : "Don't know." Liam turned to the Professor. " He said it's now a gambling ring run by bandits. Think it's a good idea?"

[14:32:10] AeonThePhoenix : "We need more information on what happened... we might find something at the source." Professor Stevens stated.

[14:34:23] Seryna : A shrill voice rises above the din of the angry men outside in the street. You recognize the voice as belonging to JJ, the odd blonde woman from your time. "They would be new to town!' She was shouting. "Strangers! perhaps wearing strange clothing..."

[14:37:19 18/10/10] Seryna : "I recognize you!" A man's voice shouts. "Wern't you in the desert yesterday trying to murder two men?" "Those men wore strange clothing and haven't been seen since.." Another voice added. The voices rose, an angry murmering picking up steam.

[14:38:04 18/10/10] cobrawax : Liam sighed. "Goddammit. I don't think it's going to end so well."

[14:38:39 18/10/10] cobrawax : "Whatever's going on outside."

[14:39:54 18/10/10] cobrawax : "Maybe we should hide." said Liam nervously.

[14:42:14 18/10/10] Seryna : "Hide- or try and get those two out of there..."

[14:43:58 18/10/10] cobrawax : "Uh, yeah, I don't know about you guys,but I'm going with the hiding." Liam put his bagback back on his back and looked for a hiding place.

[14:44:33 18/10/10] cobrawax : Liam rolled 4 dice to "Hide" 8,4,2,4 (1 successes)

[14:51:07 18/10/10] AeonThePhoenix : http://sheetgen.dalines.net/wiki/WikiDiceRoller?hash=4d633cab

[14:51:30 18/10/10] AeonThePhoenix : Prof. Samuel Stevens rolled 4 dice to "Hiding (+will)" 10,10,7,8,1,6 (3 successes)

[14:53:13 18/10/10] AeonThePhoenix : [Prof pulls a Solid Snake and hides under a cardboard box Razz]

[14:55:26 18/10/10] AeonThePhoenix : Stashing the journal papers back inside his jacket, Samual Stevens stealthily followed after Liam, making care not to be seen by the two irate scientists.

[14:57:41 18/10/10] Seryna : Liam moves hurriedly down a row of book cases until he comes to an ancient rolling tray that stands about three feet high and two feet wide. He steps around it and crouches down behind the tray, concealed from those looking down between the book cases. He did note that the book case opened behind him, however at the back of the library. The Professor turned and moved past Bookman's desk. The Professor moved in behind Liam in the gap between the book cases. Locating an overturned shelving unit, he props it up to make a solid covering to shield he and Liam. Left alone, Chrissy bit her lip before turning and hurrying down another row of bokshelves, presumably to hide herself. You had hardly hidden yourselves when light pierced the library. Dust particle float through the air as feet hurry into the library. The door slams shut forcefully. Something scrapes along the ground, as though something heavy is being moved in front of the door.

[15:00:31 18/10/10] cobrawax : "I don't like the sound of this." Liam whispered. He unzipped his bag, reached in, and pulled out the pistol.

[15:00:53 18/10/10] cobrawax : and also zipped it closed.

[15:02:06 18/10/10] Seryna : "Did they see us?" A man's voice murmured quietly. "They certainly heard you! What were you thinking, inciting a riot?"
"I had forgotten about the xenophobic nature of the locals!" J.J. whispered back. "We have to find those travelers. "
"They obviously don't know anything-"
"They're investigating. " J.J. cut him off. The light dims and you imagine the two reinforcing the shuttered windows. " -if they find anything about project Lazarus, we are screwed."

[15:03:16 18/10/10] AeonThePhoenix : "Project Lazarus..." The Professor muttered, making a mental note of it.

[15:04:24 18/10/10] Seryna : "There's nothing to find." MTG argues. "These tracks were covered years ago, when the project was introduced."
"They could find out about the accusations of genetic engineering." J.J. argues back. "It started a war, there could be documentation here."
"And then they'll do what? take an old book back and say 'in the future, you were accused of genetic engineering?" MTG scoffed. "We should have put a tracer on them."

"Let's sit tight." J.j. spoke sounding calmer. Authoritative. "You wait here until darkness and sneak out. Meet me at the bubble by the convention Center."
"What are you going to do?" MTG wondered.
"I'm contacting the Company." J.J. replies. "To get a Sniffer brought over. We have a few new things back at the lab that are developing. We can always use fresh bodies."

[15:08:44 18/10/10] AeonThePhoenix : "...." The Professor shot Liam a worried glance.

[15:09:34 18/10/10] Seryna : "I don't know..." MTG wavered. "These aren't extradimesional people, they're American citizens-"
"They're threatening the company." J.J. cut him off, her voice like a scalpel. "We have to protect the company and its good works. I'll see you later."
You can hear footsteps moving across the library - towards your hiding place.

[15:10:12 18/10/10] cobrawax : Liam tightened his grip on the pistol.

[15:11:38 18/10/10] AeonThePhoenix : The Professor found himself missing the comforting presence of his canesword, though at the moment he'd probably have trouble resisting the impulse to clobber the incoming scientist with it.

[15:14:08 18/10/10] Seryna : The scientist moves closer to where you are hiding. She pauses. Peeking around the tray laden with books, you can see her shrewdly glancing among the bookshelves where you are hiding. After a moment, she pulls out a black recorder and holds the button. "J.. reporting from classification DEV XIIe. Request for Sniffer team for imminent extraction of type 4 incursion."

[15:16:09 18/10/10] Seryna : A disembodied voice comes back, transmitted from - where? The recorder? "Command hears and acknowledges your request, Agent J. Have you and Agent MTG made contact with the insurgents?" "Not since crossing over, but we know they are present." "Hold in the town, Agent. A Sniffer team will be sent through the bubble by 1500 hours."

[15:17:36 18/10/10] Seryna : The scientist nodded and lowered the blac recorder. She moves forward- walking through the book shelves towards you! nearly three feet away a blue shimmer appears in the air, like a doorway. She steps through and the shimmer solidifies for a second.

[15:20:09 18/10/10] AeonThePhoenix : "This is not good..." The Professor muttered.

[15:20:27 18/10/10] cobrawax : "What isn't?" whispered Liam

[15:21:27 18/10/10] Seryna : One moment she was there- and then she wasn't. There was no sign of the odd woman with her hidden agendas.

[15:26:34] Seryna : After a moment, you hear the man cough from his position by the door. The angry voices can be heard, rising and fluctuating like an angry surf on the beach.

[15:27:44] cobrawax : "Hey, Professor." Liam whispered. "Didn't Donnie say two of us would die?"

[15:28:48] AeonThePhoenix : ".....right now I'm hoping he thought those two were with us." The Professor said.

[15:29:07] cobrawax : Liam smirked. "Yeah, same here."

[15:48:14] AeonThePhoenix : "If I distract him can you incapacitate him?" The Professor asked. "If he blocked the lone entrance and the only other way out is a bubble, we haven't got much choice..."

[15:50:53] cobrawax : Liam looked down at his gun. "Uh, what do you mean 'incapacitate'? Does it mean what I think it means?"

[15:52:33] AeonThePhoenix : "Knock him out preferably, wound him if we must... though if we have no other choice..." The Professor carefully snuck back out into the stacks, looking for anything he could use to throw at the guard that wasn't a book from the shelves. Handy though they were, it felt very wrong to desecrate the knowledge that had survived into the era... and he didn't fancy reading the titles until he found something worthless enough to throw.

[15:59:09] cobrawax : Liam snuck into the same room, but tried to stay as far as he could from the Professor. He only wanted to get close enough to get a shot at the strange scientist.

[15:59:55] cobrawax : He went a bit after the Professor.

[16:00:09] AeonThePhoenix : Spying a shelf full of nice thick books on Law, the Professor picked up two or three with one arm, looking towards where he could hear the remaining man and then back towards Liam, working out the best place to spring his ambush and draw the scientist into Liam's line of sight.

[16:00:49] cobrawax : Liam rolled 4 dice to "Sneak" 1,2,6,6 (0 successes)

[16:02:28] AeonThePhoenix : With an annoyed look in Liam's direction, the Professor listened intently for the other man's footsteps, preparing to hurl a book in the scientist's general direction.

[16:03:10] Seryna : "Wha- J.J?" The man turns instantly. You imagine him primed with nervous tension, just waiting for an odd noise. He expected the odd noise to be the angry locals outside and seems startled at the noise from behind him. The man stands and walks around the book shelf, frowning. He is easily fifteen feet away from you. He reaches into his pocket...

[16:04:01] cobrawax : Liam took aim at the man's leg.

[16:10:06] AeonThePhoenix : Prof. Samuel Stevens rolled 4 dice to "Book Toss + Will" 2,4,10,9,10,7 (3 successes)

[16:10:14] AeonThePhoenix : http://sheetgen.dalines.net/wiki/WikiDiceRoller?hash=17234d1b

[16:17:16] Seryna : The Professor let loose with a law boo. A particularly light book of law that happened to fly apart as he hurled it. The two halves of the book went spinning, knocking into a book shelve and the second piece flying into another book tray. The man's head turns and he tenses.

[16:17:41] cobrawax : Liam takes the shot.

[16:17:57] cobrawax : Liam rolled 4 dice to "Legshot (+ will)" 2,9,9,5 (2 successes)

[16:19:10] Seryna : A startled cry sounds as the man stumbles. he strikes the floor, clutching at his nee cap. He lets loose with an agonized groan. "Ah! Oh God!"

[16:19:41] Seryna : Mob rolled 2 dice to "Response" 9,6 (1 successes)

[16:20:56] cobrawax : "Arght fuck!" the sound of the shot rung in Liam's ears.

[16:21:13] Seryna : As the gun shot temporarily deafens you, you notice the windows darken. Hands are reaching through the window, clutching at the boards. Pulling...loosening.. straining to get in.

[16:21:46] AeonThePhoenix : The Professor walked over to the wounded man, regarding him with a look of brief pity before smacking the bound volume of justice over his head.

[16:23:17] Seryna : The man stares at you with horror as you approach. He is defenseless as the Professor brings the book down soundly. The man slumps to the side, his hand loosening from his knee. The smell of copper fills the air as the blood pools beneath him.

[16:23:59] AeonThePhoenix : The Professor quickly searched the unconscious man, muttering an unheard apology.

[16:25:47] cobrawax : Liam gets up to look at the man. "Holy shit. " Liam turns the safety off. "He's not dead is he?"

[16:26:05] AeonThePhoenix : [Another one I should have written down... what's the roll for looting?]

[16:26:11] Seryna : The professor turns up two flat objects in the mans jean pockets- a wallet and a plasic ID card with a magnetic strip upon it. Within the man's jacket pockt, he find a black recorder- identical to the one that you saw JJ use.

[16:26:36] Seryna : [there isnt one unless you think hes obfuscated/has a hidden compartment inhis shoe or something]

[16:27:10] Seryna : "What the hell?" The doctor peers around the bookshelves, her eyes widening in horor. "What have you done?"

[16:27:25] AeonThePhoenix : The Professor paused to check the man's pulse. "He's alive, though I imagine he'll be hoping aspirin still exist in this time when he regains consciousness."

[16:28:47] Seryna : The windows creak as one of the boards comes loose. You see three angry, sweaty men staring in the window at you, standing over the prone and bleeding body of MTG.

[16:28:57] AeonThePhoenix : "Him and his lady friend have plans to set a "Sniffer" on us... I imagine by the rest of the conversation we overheard that that is likely to result in our deaths."

[16:29:21] AeonThePhoenix : "I also think a timely retreat may be in order..."

[16:31:34] cobrawax : Liam nodded "Sounds like a good idea."

[16:31:44] Seryna : "Yeah..." The doctor decides staring at the men staring back at you. "Lets make a run for it to the Convention center?"

Seryna

Back to top Go down

Post by Seryna Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:56 pm

As you stare out of the window at the man who had torn down the barricades you are filled with a sense of urgency. The angry mutters resume as the men begin to climb in through the window.

"Get them!" One shouts. "They bring the dark upon us!" Shouts another. As they drop into the library they pause at seeing MTG lying injured on the ground.
"He was with that supernatural, wasn't he?" Someone wondered aloud.

This was your chance. As they stare past you at MTG, you make a break for the door. You evade the group outside in the street as they poured into the library.

It took you a few minutes of walking to spot the convention center- it certainly was the largest building in town. It also appeared to be in the center of town. As you near it, you have to squeeze around barricades of wood and collected metal that had been erected across the streets. Why were these barricades in the middle of town?

As soon as you negotiate the barricades, you become aware of people watching you. A loose group of about four stand in the shadows of the Convention center, watching you sharply.

All four were men- with weathered faces from the sun, wearing loose fitting clothing for the desert. You spot a cutlass on the short one a sawed off shotgun leaning against the wall behind another.

These were dangerous men, you were sure of it.

Seryna

Back to top Go down

Post by cobrawax Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:02 pm

Liam slowly approached one of the men with a smile. "Hello, we're doing some historical research and since this is the site of a famous historical event, I was wondering if we could come inside and investigate a bit."
cobrawax
cobrawax

Back to top Go down

Post by Seryna Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:03 pm

The men tense as you approach. They eye you warily as you speak.

"You'd have to talk to Alex." One says slowly. "You have an ante?"

Seryna

Back to top Go down

Post by cobrawax Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:09 pm

Liam looked around trying to figure which one was Alex. "Sorry, I'm not from around here. What's an ante? "
cobrawax
cobrawax

Back to top Go down

Post by Seryna Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:53 pm

"If you want to get in-" The speaker jerked a thumb behind him. "- you have to lend something to Alex. Proof that you aren't here to fuck us over.

Last week, these Ascending fuckers threw in all these smoke shit. Couldn't go in there for days."

Now that he remembers, his face hardens.
"You with those assholes, we're going to riff you."

Seryna

Back to top Go down

Post by AeonThePhoenix Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:02 pm

"I can assure you we're not with the Ascenders." The Professor said, smiling pleasantly as he turned to Liam. "An ante, what should we hand over do you think?"

AeonThePhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by cobrawax Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:05 pm

"Don't know." Liam whispered. "The only thing I have that's worth anything is the gun. Maybe just the ammo. Or maybe the spare. If they search us and they find it, I figure out we're screwed."
cobrawax
cobrawax

Back to top Go down

Post by Seryna Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:25 pm

Chrissy glanced between you and then back at the men. For their part they continued to glare at you with mistrust.

"I don't like the idea of giving them our weapons unless they insist upon it." She murmured quietly. "Think they'd be amused by a Blackberry?"

Seryna

Back to top Go down

Post by cobrawax Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:53 pm

Liam turned to Chrissy "You have a Blackberry? Yeah, sure. That's got to be worth something."

cobrawax
cobrawax

Back to top Go down

Post by Seryna Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:07 pm

[12:32:47] AeonThePhoenix : "We have a communications device we'd be willing to leave as an ante." The Professor offered the group of men.

[12:33:16] cobrawax : "An expensive one." Liam added.

[12:34:30] AeonThePhoenix : "Also doubles as a musical device and a camera." The Professor added.

[12:35:35] Seryna : "A walkie?" The speaker stepped towards you, leaving the three men leaning against the wall of the building. "Go get Alex." He speaks over his shoulder. The three rough looking men turn and head into the building, moving with purpose. "Where's this com?" The speaker asked, stepping forward. "I'd like to see it."
[12:39:47] Seryna : Chrisy reached into her pocket and drew out the slick black device. "A Blackberry." She explains, holding it out. "Good ante, as I bet its rare." The man stepped forward, eying the device but not touching it. As the Professor handed it to him, he pressed some of the buttons with great surprise. "A cell phone?" He wondered. "One where the electronics still function!" Within a few moments, the three rough looking men emerge from the building. In front of them walks a slim, dark haired woman. She wears a battered, stained well made leather jacket. You spot a pistol on her hip, a worn piece. The woman strides towards you without a word, pausing before Chrissy and eying the Blackberry that the man turned and extended to her. "The Ante."

[12:42:02] Seryna : The woman accepts the device and presses a button. Her eyes widen at the sound of a response. "It still works." The woman slipped the phone into a pocket. "You're granted access. But why do you want to come here?"

[12:42:40] cobrawax : "Historical research." Liam answered
[12:43:24] Seryna : "His- tor- ical?" The woman sounds out the word as though its foriegn to her. "What do you mean?"

[12:43:54] cobrawax : Liam scratched his head. "Uh, like stuff that happened a long time ago."

[12:44:49] AeonThePhoenix : "We're interested in sites that once held significance in the past, trying to see if we can learn anything from their ruins that explains the present day." The Professor explained.

[12:45:48] Seryna : "All right." The woman said finally. "You can come into the Gamblers Den. I don't know what you'll find." The woman shrugs. "But the voices are due to start in an hour. I suggest you clear out before then. If you come out before then, I'll be here. Otherwise, you'll have to find me later."

Seryna

Back to top Go down

Post by Seryna Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:10 pm

[11:47:05 04/11/10] AeonThePhoenix : "Thank you for your kind permission." The Professor bowed politely. "We shall endeavour to return within the hour."

[11:47:52 04/11/10] cobrawax : "I hope it's enough time." said Liam worriedly.

[11:48:47 04/11/10] Seryna : "Sure." The woman shrugged, reaching into her pocket and pulling out the device. She moves away from you, fondling the Blackberry. Access to the 'Den' was now granted to you, apparently. Looking at it, you spy a door that stands open, likely a main entrance. The four rough men squat by the door, tossing sracps of paper on the ground.

[11:48:48 04/11/10] AeonThePhoenix : The Professor waiting until they were a good distance away from the group before speaking his worry. "An hour may be too much time if the battery runs out on that phone..."

[11:48:56 04/11/10] AeonThePhoenix : waited*

[11:49:17 04/11/10] Seryna : Chrissy shares Professor's concern. "Its been- what? A day since I had access to a charger."

[11:52:19 04/11/10] cobrawax : Liam searches for anything of historical significance.

[11:52:53 04/11/10] cobrawax : Liam rolled 3 dice to "Investigate" 9,6,4 (1 successes)

[11:53:17 04/11/10] AeonThePhoenix : The Professor joins in. (Yay expertise finally pays off)

[11:55:27 04/11/10] AeonThePhoenix : (Sorry, what's the roll? Just investigation?)

[11:56:07 04/11/10] cobrawax : (I rolled investigation. I'm pretty sure looking for stuff is investigation.)

[11:56:27 04/11/10] AeonThePhoenix : (Shame its not a crime scene...)

[11:56:39 04/11/10] Seryna : The building had fallen into great dissrepair over the years. Debris and trash fill the outer hallways and corridors. Yet within the main room, you find that the debris dates back to your time. In the corner, you spot a podium. Several chairs used for presentations are now being used by rough looking men tossing scraps of paper, worn cards and even stones upon the dirty floor. You attract only a cursory glance from men apparently far too focussed on thier gaming. As Liam moves into the room, he spots a door in a recessed wall. It likely was used by the presenters to store things for presentations in between sets. Entering the room, you note the shadowy husks of several machines, such as a projector. Glancing about at the room, Liam spots a dusty binder filled with papers.

[11:56:44 04/11/10] Seryna : [investigation]

[11:57:37 04/11/10] cobrawax : "Alright!" Liam eagerly picks up the binder and looks at what's inside.

[11:57:59 04/11/10] AeonThePhoenix : Prof. Samuel Stevens rolled 4 dice to "Investigation" 2,3,8,2 (1 successes)

[11:59:34 04/11/10] cobrawax : "Hey Professor, I'm thinking maybe we should check on the guy from 'the company' some time soon. I mean, he could be dead, which would suck. Or, he could be alive, which would also suck." said Liam quietly as the looked at the binder.

[12:00:31 04/11/10] AeonThePhoenix : "I'd imagine if he did escape the mob he'll probably find us first..." The Professor said, looking for further clues.

[12:00:47 04/11/10] Seryna : The papers within are brittle with age. Yet after carefully turning them, you pick up that this seems to be the property of the very company you are suspecting of starting the outbreak. Several notes are actually diagrams of the very building that you are standing in. The positions of attendees and security are clearly marked, circled with red or yellow circles. As the professor glanced over his shoulder. He recognized something odd about the binder... as though something had been tucked in the binder...

[12:01:39 04/11/10] AeonThePhoenix : "Can I see that for a moment?" Samuel asked.

[12:02:33 04/11/10] cobrawax : Liam shrugged and handed it over to Samuel.

[12:02:46 04/11/10] Seryna : [just as a side note, my laptop is no longer copying the scene. If any one wants to copy the scene from 12:45]

[12:03:13 04/11/10] AeonThePhoenix : Samuel carefully attempted to retrieve whatever was tucked into the binder.

[12:04:22 04/11/10] AeonThePhoenix : (keeping track of conf)

[12:04:26 04/11/10] Seryna : As the Professor turned the binder, he found something tucked into the spine as one would a pencil. Yet instead of a pencil, it was a long, narrow tube. As Samual pulled it free, he noticed that two notches on either side of the tube held small, feathered pins. A moments study proved that the pins would slide into the tube, similiar to the blow gun.

[12:04:30 04/11/10] Seryna : [thank you!]

[12:06:05 04/11/10] AeonThePhoenix : "Interesting... it appears we have a crude toxin delivery device..."

[12:07:32 04/11/10] cobrawax : "Careful with that."

[12:08:35 04/11/10] AeonThePhoenix : "Indeed... whatever these pins are coated with could still be effective. For once, I hope so... it might give us something to analyse."

[12:09:49 04/11/10] Seryna : Chrissy leaned forward, looking at the pins with interest. "Its a good thought. Yet where could we take it?"

[12:10:29 04/11/10] Seryna : [are you wanting to do something else in the building?]

[12:10:36 04/11/10] AeonThePhoenix : "Point taken, we're running short of time on the other side..."

[12:10:56 04/11/10] cobrawax : (Maybe try look for more stuff.)

[12:11:32 04/11/10] AeonThePhoenix : "Let's see if we can find anything else before our time here runs out." The Professor suggested

[12:12:43 04/11/10] cobrawax : Liam nodded and tried to see if there was anything else that could help him.

[12:13:06 04/11/10] cobrawax : Liam rolled 3 dice to "Investigate" 2,9,4 (1 successes)

[12:13:06 04/11/10] AeonThePhoenix : Prof. Samuel Stevens rolled 4 dice to "Investigation" 6,10,10,1,3,7 (2 successes)

[12:14:11 04/11/10] cobrawax : (I hope we find a laser cannon.)

[12:15:26 04/11/10] Seryna : Moving around the building, you find three more rooms filled with debris and lousy with rough looking gamblers. After several minutes, you enter an ill used room. It seems to have several odd bits and pieces shoved within it. One of the pieces appears to be two hazmats suits that you had seen J.J. wearing.

[12:18:05 04/11/10] AeonThePhoenix : The Professor checked out the hazmat suits.

[12:20:39 04/11/10] AeonThePhoenix : Prof. Samuel Stevens rolled 4 dice to "Investigate" 7,10,6,4,1 (1 successes)

[12:21:59 04/11/10] Seryna : As the Professor studies the Hazmat suit, he notices a small speaker mounted to the all behind the suit. "Agent?" A disembodied voice quiries. "You are transmitting. The Sniffer team has been assembled. As you have transmitted earlier, we have coordinated thier entry on your signal. The building structure is still largely intact? It would be best if the bodies were unable to alert the town.

[12:24:21 04/11/10] cobrawax : "I don't like the sound of this. said Liam as he reached into his bagpack..

[12:25:21 04/11/10] Seryna : "What was that?" The voice quiried. "I didn't hear you, Agent."

[12:26:46 04/11/10] cobrawax : "Tell them that we're dead." Liam mouthed to the Professor. "Something."

[12:27:28 04/11/10] Seryna : "Now would be a good time ro transmit the final coodinates and gather the locals in the main rooms. The transmission should complete in a few minutes."

[12:28:55 04/11/10] cobrawax : "Damn." Liam turned the safey off his pistol and hid somewhere.

[12:29:30 04/11/10] Seryna : [give me a stealth - 2 Cobra]

[12:30:14 04/11/10] cobrawax : Liam rolled 2 dice to "Hide" 1,1 (0 successes)

[12:30:19 04/11/10] AeonThePhoenix : ""Mission compromise has been taken care of. All targets ran foul of a ruffian mob, sniffers not required." The Professor spoke gruffly into the transmitter. "Will contact you once the locals are gathered."

[12:30:37 04/11/10] cobrawax : (2 ones?! F#*&)

[12:31:00 04/11/10] AeonThePhoenix : (Bluff bluff bluff, bluff the evil bastards... >.> )

[12:31:15 04/11/10] Seryna : "Ruffian?" The odd voice quiried. "Have they been terminated?"

[12:32:17 04/11/10] AeonThePhoenix : "Terminated with extreme prejudice." The Professor spoke back. "They never stood a chance."

[12:32:50 04/11/10] Seryna : "Well done, Agent MTG. I can see Agent J.J. was wrong about you. Be sure to gather any evidence of the initial outbreak and relocate to the center of town. The sniffers should be sated before they reach there."

[12:34:29 04/11/10] cobrawax : Liam put the gun back in the bag--for now.

[12:35:08 04/11/10] AeonThePhoenix : "We'd better run like hell." The Professor said quietly to Liam and Chrissy.

[12:35:27 04/11/10] Seryna : "You ordered Sniffers and they were assembled. The costs of the surgeries aren't cheap, agent. We'll need at least six bodies to be able to produce Sniffers for the next mission. Be certain to head back to the hotel after you reach home. We'll have some new swatches for you."

[12:36:16 04/11/10] cobrawax : Liam powerwalked out of the room.

[12:36:47 04/11/10] AeonThePhoenix : The Professor followed, keeping on Liam's heels.

[12:38:17 04/11/10] Seryna : As you exit the back room, you pass several gamblers. An argument has broken out, causing several men to stand up and move towards the eits.

[12:38:21 04/11/10] Seryna : exits**

[12:39:51 04/11/10] cobrawax : Liam listens in on the argument.

[12:41:16 04/11/10] Seryna : "You said, Tom, until the voices!" "The voices haven't started! You dropped the hammer too soon! We could have claimed half a head more!" Two men were aruing. Two men depart, empty handed. You note that a large satchel sits beside the yelling man.

[12:42:46 04/11/10] Seryna : The men bend down and heft up the heavy bag between them. A gap in the satchel reveals a statue with jeweled eyes.

[12:43:08 04/11/10] cobrawax : "That voice from when we were by the hazmat suits, must have been the voices." said Liam, stroking his chin

[12:43:23 04/11/10] AeonThePhoenix : "We don't have time for this... those sniffers could be here any moment..."

[12:43:56 04/11/10] cobrawax : "Yeah, let's get out of here." Liam powerwalked to the exit.

[12:45:12 04/11/10] Seryna : Chrissy keeps on after you as you hustle out of the building. As you exit the building, you find the rough looking men and woman waiting for you at the door. "Did you get what you wanted?" The woman wonders. "You wern't very long."

[12:47:04 04/11/10] AeonThePhoenix : "We heard voices and decided perhaps further research could wait until they passed." The Professor stated.

[12:47:48 04/11/10] cobrawax : Liam nodded. "But we did alright for such a short amount of time."

[12:48:21 04/11/10] Seryna : "So early?" Alex frowns. "Well, heres your ante." She surrendered the cell phone. "Did you hear what the voices said?"

[12:49:54 04/11/10] cobrawax : "Something about sniffers." Liam frowned. "I don't know what that means."

[12:51:00 04/11/10] AeonThePhoenix : ""I didn't fully understand, but I think something bad is coming... it might not be wise to remain present." The Professor said truthfully.

[12:52:29 04/11/10] cobrawax : Liam twiddled his thumbs. "Uh, if I can offer some advice, if you see a strawberry blonde woman in a weird suit, she's pure evil and will probably screw you over."

[12:52:44 04/11/10] Seryna : "Sniffers?" Alex frowns, not understanding. "Why-" Suddenly, a sharp, splintering sound of splitting wood could be heard from the convention center. Several gibbering men raced past you, shouting in fear.

[12:53:33 04/11/10] AeonThePhoenix : "I think that would be the cue to retreat..."

[12:54:06 04/11/10] Seryna : Alex frowns, drawing her pistol from her side. "We didnt chase out those potion drinkers to be scared by noises." She shouts angrily.

[12:54:39 04/11/10] cobrawax : "Right." Liam ran as fast as his large frame would let him away from the convention center.

[12:55:04 04/11/10] Seryna : The four men with Alex approach Liam, frowning. "The blonde? We saw her..."

[12:56:02 04/11/10] cobrawax : Liam stopped, frowned, and turned to the Professor. "So, what do we do?"

[12:57:32 04/11/10] cobrawax : Liam unzipped the bag as a sort of precaution.

[12:57:38 04/11/10] AeonThePhoenix : "If you see her again... shoot on sight." The Professor said, turning to make a break for it.

[12:59:36 04/11/10] cobrawax : Liam zipped the bag closed again and followed the Professor.

[13:01:42 04/11/10] Seryna : [Give me a stamina + dex roll]

[13:02:31 04/11/10] cobrawax : Liam rolled 4 dice to "Dex + Stamina" 4,4,7,9 (1 successes)

[13:03:15 04/11/10] Seryna : As you race away from the center, you hear several gun shots. Ear splitting shrieking - inhuman sounding shrieking- begins to echo along the streets. As you race away, you head towards the center of town. As you approach the bell- the bell that Samuel had heard

[13:03:25 04/11/10] Seryna : [sorry, the cat hit a button]

[13:03:38 04/11/10] cobrawax : (Awww)

[13:03:39 04/11/10] AeonThePhoenix : Prof. Samuel Stevens rolled 4 dice to "More Running!" 5,6,2,4 (0 successes)

[13:03:43 04/11/10] AeonThePhoenix : (SHIT)

[13:04:46 04/11/10] Seryna : at the beginning of the confusing day- you spot two strangers. A man and a woman.. wearing jeans. People from your time! In his excitement, the Professor pitched forward. He stumbled and struck the ground, the uneven ground jutting up at him

[13:05:21 04/11/10] Seryna : In thier panic, several people raced by, kicking at the Professor and stepping on his outstretched hand.

[13:05:58 04/11/10] cobrawax : Liam turned around and ran back towards the Professor to help him up.

[13:06:14 04/11/10] Seryna : [done- your turn. i'll jump in when the st has input, keep on]

[13:07:17 04/11/10] AeonThePhoenix : "Suffice to say... ow..." The Professor winced, flexing his hand which thankfully didn't seem broken, but would definitely look colorful later on, as would the area around his ribs.

[13:09:11 04/11/10] cobrawax : Liam pursed his lips. "So, what do you want to do now?"

[13:10:00 04/11/10] AeonThePhoenix : "Where did they go?" The Professor looked around. "I saw two people in modern clothing."

[13:10:30 04/11/10] cobrawax : Liam shrugged. "I don't know. You sure the heat's not getting to you?"

[13:11:26 04/11/10] Seryna : Another glance proves that a couple did stand beside the bell. They looked confused, yet glanced towards you. As they locked eyes with you, the woman shouts and waves towards you.

[13:12:01 04/11/10] AeonThePhoenix : "There." The Professor pointed, making his way towards them through the rush of people.

[13:13:14 04/11/10] cobrawax : "Oh, now I see them. Hope they're not with the company or some other assholes."

[13:15:01 04/11/10] Seryna : "You- you must be the people that Bookman told us about." The woman gasped. She reaches out- clapsing hands with you. "We've just found the Bubble. But its elapsing---"

[13:15:54 04/11/10] cobrawax : Liam frowned. "That doesn't sound good."

[13:16:46 04/11/10] cobrawax : "Who are you guys with, if you don't mind me asking?"

[13:18:10 04/11/10] Seryna : "No- no it doesn't. Well, I'm Susan. My group and I had been investigating a dissapearance when-" She looked abashed. "-we dissapeared ourselves. We had made it to Pittsburgh when we saw this woman in a suit come through. We ran through- and found ourselves in this wierd laboratory. There were three other bubbles there. We were just lucky that we found the one where you were."

[13:19:42 04/11/10] AeonThePhoenix : "Lab?" The Professor raised an eyebrow.

[13:22:29 04/11/10] Seryna : "Yeah." The woman glanced around with trepidition. "As soon as arrived, we saw a terrble sight. Some sort of men with these terrible faces. They're not anywhere around, are they."

[13:23:34 04/11/10] AeonThePhoenix : "Sniffers i presume... yes they are... we should leave quickly."

[13:24:17 04/11/10] cobrawax : "Yeah, but were are we supposed to go?"

[13:26:30 04/11/10] Seryna : Susan turned, eying the bell. She reached out tentatively and stepped forward. Within a moment, she had vanished from sight in a blue haze! As you wonder after that, you hear the terrible cries approaching the center of town.

[13:27:01 04/11/10] AeonThePhoenix : "Right now, anywhere but here...." The Professor copied Susan's actions.

[13:28:29 04/11/10] cobrawax : Liam looked around for somewhere safe and pulled the gun out of his bag again.

[13:32:28 04/11/10] Seryna : As the Professor steps through the bubble, you feel a chill settle upon you. The cold seems to seep into your bones, stiffening your fingers. As you gasp for air - you find that your lungs rebuke the sharp snap in the air. Your eyes are filled with odd flashes of white, similiar to a strobe light. When you feel as though you can't fight for breathe a moment longer, you crash upon a hard surface. The chill retreats and you gasp for air. Glancing up, you see Susan regaining her feet beside you. She startles with alarm, crouching beside you. Looking up, you see that you have arrived in a sterile white room. The walls seem to be composed of some thick glass or plastic. Besides you, you notice three walls of shimmering blue. They seem to cackle with a sounds like electricity.

[13:34:33 04/11/10] Seryna : --- Liam--- Back in Old Detroit, Liam is startled to see a crowd of people suddenly part in the street. Three lurching, slope shouldered people had caught ahold of a man. With a blood curdling yell, he stiffened under thier touch and fell to the floor. As the people disperse in panic, you are startled to see stiff bodies littering the streets behind these odd people. The people lift thier heads towards the sky. You are startled to see that instead of noses, they seem to have quivering snouts. Snouts that glisten with wetness- and turn towards Liam and his unknown modern companion.

[13:37:36 04/11/10] cobrawax : "Goddamn it. Where did they go?"

[13:39:56 04/11/10] cobrawax : Liam sighed and copied the Professor's actions. "Well, here goes nothing. Guess you should probably try it too."

[13:40:03 04/11/10] Seryna : The man lurches away from you, staring at the lurching men with fear.

[13:41:33 04/11/10] Seryna : As Liam steps forward, the chill descends upon you. It clutches at your chest, making it hard to draw air. Once he can draw breath, he glances up and ses that he is lying beside the Professor and Susan.

[13:42:25 04/11/10] AeonThePhoenix : "Now which wall... or should we stay here..." The Professor muttered, not looking forward to doing that again.

[13:42:31 04/11/10] cobrawax : "The hell? I can't believe that actually worked. Hope the other guy manages to make it here too."

[13:43:20 04/11/10] Seryna : "He didn't follow you?" Susan straightens with alarm. "But.. we've been searching for so long."

[13:43:52 04/11/10] cobrawax : "He might. I think he will." said Liam optimistically.

[13:44:18 04/11/10] AeonThePhoenix : "WHat do you know about what's going on here?" The Professor asked Susan.

[13:44:22 04/11/10] Seryna : Susan glances at you with concern. "What did you see? Did those Sniffer things get close?"

[13:44:46 04/11/10] cobrawax : "Yeah, I think they did." said Liam solemnly

[13:46:03 04/11/10] Seryna : Susan looks to the Professor, frowning. "My cell came through here a few days ago. We've been searching for a way back for days..." She glances towards the blue wall with concern.

[13:48:53 04/11/10] cobrawax : "Great. Let's deal with the shit we can deal with now. He'll make it here I hope."

[13:49:05 04/11/10] cobrawax : Liam looked around the lab.

[13:49:12 04/11/10] Seryna : As Susan glances to Liam, she questions- "What do you mean?"

[13:50:41 04/11/10] Seryna : With a cackle of electricity, a shining light momentarily blinds you. When you look down, you spot Chrissy and Susan's friend sprawled senseless on the ground.

[13:50:41 04/11/10] cobrawax : "Nothing." said Liam as he continued to carefully look around

[13:51:22 04/11/10] cobrawax : Liam smiled. "See? They made it!"

[13:52:57 04/11/10] Seryna : Glancing around, Liam can see that the building is composed of beeping machines. A nearby table holds several black recorders similiar to what MTG and JJ had shown you earlier. As you look around, you spot an observation deck in the wall above you, for people to stare down into the room that you were standing in.

[13:56:20 04/11/10] cobrawax : Liam stroked his chin. "So, this must be where they conduct experiments." said Liam, stroking his chin. He put the gun back in his bag. "We could probably get all sorts of information here."

[13:57:57 04/11/10] Seryna : Susan crouches beside her friend, helping him to stand. "As long as we're home. In our home." She emphasizes. "What have you found out so far? We were chasing a man who dissapears through doors and enters different worlds."

[13:58:48 04/11/10] Seryna : "Or rather, we were chasing a woman who had discovered the man." She amended. "She got scared and went off the radar. But what information are you looking for?"

Seryna

Back to top Go down

Post by Seryna Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:13 pm

[11:05:14] AeonThePhoenix : The Professor looked at Susan. "There could be a viral outbreak started later today at a convention. We need anything we can find on what they're using and a way to counteract it before the events of that future we travelled to become set in stone."

[11:06:41] cobrawax : "I guess if we don't find anything, we could somehow interupt the rally."

[11:06:45] Seryna : As you move arond the facility, you find a door and stairs that lead up to the observation deck. Within is a snapshot of how the other side has been manipulating your last several days. A communication hub has several photographs of you during your time in devastation- selling parchment for Bookman, talking to Bookman and a shot of you talking to Alex outside of the Convention center. Beside these pictures is a blue binder entitled 'Batch 602. 11 - Engineering with viral Paula 22.02.'

[11:07:55] AeonThePhoenix : The Professor wastes no time, immediately picking u the binder and browsing its contents.

[11:09:54] Seryna : "THey made the Paula virus?" Susan looks shocked. "But it killed millions and reshaped the future. Why would any one do that?" She reaches into her pocket and brings out dirty, rough looking pieces of paper. "I did talk to some people about the virus. They all say they heard it started in Detroit.'

[11:11:04] Seryna : Browsing the contents of the file reveals several diagrams. One is an overall map of the city, with routes of of town and hospitals amrked in red circle. The next diagram is one of the Convention center that you had just fled from - fifty years ago. The next is a diagram of the small feathered pin that you had recovered from this capsule.

[11:11:22] cobrawax : Liam nodded. "Yeah, it all starts at this convention. It's soon. From what we've heard, they're going to inject it into people before the end of the convention."

[11:12:16] cobrawax : "Oh, and the first clinic for it, is opened by a Dr. Delke." he added.

[11:13:09] Seryna : Susan frowns, looking back at the room that you had vacated. "Have yous een any one else? The rest of my cell?"

[11:13:27] ricohard has joined the chat on Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:13 am

[11:14:31] cobrawax : "Donnie visited us a while ago." Liam answered.

[11:14:35] AeonThePhoenix : "Assuming this virus i contagious, that is going to make preventing this outbreak a lot harder..." The Professor paused. "We did come into possession of a journal from another cell..."

[11:15:24] Seryna : "Donnie? He made it back?" Susan's face brightened with hope.

[11:17:53] ricohard : John stepped through one of the doors, his pistol in his right hand. He was a tall man with deeply tanned skin. He wore a long coat with the collar turned up. He recognised the two men from the various photo's he had seen. He whispered silently to Raven for a moment asking it to move through the complex searching the place. He took a moment to look over the trio.

11:27:33] AeonThePhoenix : The Professor looked around, noticing a newcomer in the room. His hand went reflexisively towards his sword cane, before remembering that it was in fact back at the hotel room. "We have company..."

[11:28:36] cobrawax : Liam took cover behind something and hoped the other guy wouldn't notice him.

[11:29:03] cobrawax : Liam rolled 4 dice to "Hide" 5,2,4,1 (0 successes)

[11:29:12] Seryna : Liam found taking cover to be difficult in a square room where all of teh walls were taken up by machines.

[11:30:29] cobrawax : "Damn." Liam reached into the bag.

[11:30:54] ricohard : "Susan" he says after a moment, holstering his pistol. He turns his head listening as if to some unheard voice. "come on. I think He's found them."

[11:32:10] AeonThePhoenix : The Professor raised an eyebrow and looked at Susan. "Friend of yours?" he inquired.

[11:32:17] Seryna : "John..." Susan looked apprehensive. "What are they doing here?"

[11:32:35] Seryna : You are startled to hear that Susan seems familiar with the stranger- and he with her.

[11:32:45] cobrawax : "Well, he's not firing at us, that's...good." Liam said dryly.
[11:33:56] ricohard : "I'm not sure, The spirits of this place are silent, even to Raven's entretees to conversation." he says before looking at the two men again "Who are these?"

[11:35:36] cobrawax : "I'm not sure, if we got time for this." said Liam quietly, turning to the Professor.

[11:35:51] Seryna : "I found them in Devastation. They must have been sucked through, like my cell and I." Susan replies. She looks to Liam and the Professor. "Is that what happened?"

[11:36:37] cobrawax : "Yes."

[11:36:53] AeonThePhoenix : "Pretty much." The Professor stated. "Also I would second my colleague in that we not hang around here longer than we have to."

[11:38:13] Seryna : "But my cell." Susan frowned. "Will you help me get them out of here?"

[11:40:57] ricohard : "Were my father still alive..." he trails off. Then nods "This way, Raven will lead us to where we need to go."

[11:41:34] Seryna : Without another word, Susan moves to follow after John, her face filled with apprehension.

[11:41:36] AeonThePhoenix : "We'll have to be quick." We don't know how much longer until the outbreak occurs."

[11:42:53] Seryna : Dr. Hollandale rubbed her collarbone nervously. "Lets hury." She suggested. "Where are the scientists who should be here?"

[11:44:48] cobrawax : "They might be here soon, which is why we should get out of here." Liam answered.

[11:45:51] AeonThePhoenix : As they head for the location of Susan's cell, the Professor keeps his eyes open for anything he can use as a makeshift weapon.

[11:45:55] ricohard : "I know not, its silent on both sides and has been since I got here." He says "this way." he says heading out into the corridors.

[11:47:35] cobrawax : Liam follows John into the corridors.

[11:47:58] Seryna : John leads you out of the observation deck into a white corridor. The corridor is absent of character- signs announcing doors, photos, any semblance of decoration- all are absent. There are only white walls and white tile floor. John passes two doors before pausing at the third door on the left...

[11:48:14] cobrawax : "Maybe it's got something to do with the convention." he suggested.

[11:50:10] Seryna : Chrissy frowns. "Perhaps they are setting up for it. Is that what you mean?"

[11:50:36] ricohard : "are you sure?" he asks the air then nods and moves to open the door "they're in here." he says

[11:51:07] AeonThePhoenix : "It is a possibility..." The Professor conceeded. "But there's no way they would leave this facility unguarded."

[11:52:01] cobrawax : "Yeah, that's it." Liam takes the pistol out of his bagback.

[11:53:40] Seryna : John opens the door and you are startled by the sterile room and its terribly wan occupants. The room itself appears to be an operating room. Three sets of instruents- scalpels, rib separators, tongs- are set by three operating beds. Upon each bed, lies a naked man covered only by a thin white sheet. All three men appear to be unconscious. As you take in the scene, Liam and Samuel recognize Donnie.

[11:54:33] Seryna : As you take in the scene, Liam and Samuel recognize Donnie on the table closest to the door. ***

[11:56:29] cobrawax : "Susan, I don't think you want to see this." Liam whispered.

[11:57:41] Seryna : "But- they're alive..." Susan ignores Liam's advice and brushes past him. She moves to Donnie and lays a hand against his cheek. "See." She cries, near hysteria. "He's breathing."

[11:58:02] AeonThePhoenix : The Professor checked the implements for signs of having been used recently. Hopefully the group had found Susan's cell before surgery had begun.

[11:58:55] AeonThePhoenix : The Professor checked the implements for signs of having been used recently. Hopefully the group had found Susan's cell before surgery had begun.

[11:59:22] Seryna : As the Professor navigated the set of instruments, he found one tray of bloody instruments by the man farthest from the door. A glance at the man shows no sign of trauma. He lies, apparently sedated, breathing deeply and evenly.

[12:01:28] AeonThePhoenix : ".... we have a used set of implements and 3 apparently untouched men..." The Professor commented, turning to check the remaining man for injuries.

[12:02:38] cobrawax : "Check the necks. They put devices in the necks, remember?"

[12:03:27] ricohard : John turns away from the men listening to the whispers of Raven.

[12:04:22] AeonThePhoenix : The Professor checked the men's necks for signs of surgery.

[12:06:44] Seryna : As the Professor checks each man, checking vitals, he discovers that each man is breathing, appears in good health- except for being sedated. As he reaches the last man, the man stirs beneath his finger tips. His eye lids flutter open. "Wha- what..." Doctor Hollandale hurries beside the Professor, examining him hastily. "They seem fine." She says. "They have been sedated for surgery, but thier responses are strong- they are coming out from the effects of the drugs.

[12:07:24] AeonThePhoenix : "We may want to find some clothes for these gentlemen unless we don't think walking with 3 nudes is going to attract attention."

[12:08:01] cobrawax : "Uh, I got a spare pair of clothes in my bag. Not sure if it's gonna fit anyone." Liam offered.

[12:08:46] Seryna : Susan hurriedly rifles through the room, sending carts and rolling machines spinning around the room. She finds a back wall where two lab coats hang. Plucking them up, she hurries over with them.

[12:09:42] cobrawax : "Yeah, those would proably fit better than what I got."

[12:09:47] AeonThePhoenix : The Professor paused. "They were drugged for surgery that apparently never got underway... despite evidence that surgery has indeed happened to one person on this room lately... something must have happened in this facility. It would explain the lack of guards."

[12:09:53] ricohard : "Stop." he says Warningly moving to the door and drawing his pistol "Raven senses something. Theres something moving in the room we came from and Raven says it is not of this or his world."

[12:10:03] AeonThePhoenix : in this room*

[12:10:32] AeonThePhoenix : "And suddenly things make a lot more sense than we wanted them to..."

[12:10:45] cobrawax : Liam frowned. "I hoped it wasn't something like that."

[12:11:25] AeonThePhoenix : The Professor looked to see if the door had any kind of locking mechanism on this side.

[12:12:12] Seryna : The Professor does indeed find a locking mechanism on the door. Yet what is not of this world? Something... fro Devastation? Or something coming back to the facility?
[12:14:19] AeonThePhoenix : "Can your friend Raven be anymore specific?" The Professor asked, checking thee door could also be unlocked before he locked it carefully and quietly.

[12:14:43] Seryna : The door's locking mechanism appeared to be fully functional.

[12:15:20] ricohard : He frowns and moves to peer out into the corridor he looks up at an empty spot of air "Brother?" he asks it. "It is often hard for him, what is on that side and this overlap in unusual ways."

[12:18:03] cobrawax : Liam turned to the Professor "You think it's a sniffer? Cause, if it is, you might want to try using this." Liam pulled a small canister of pepper spray out of his pocket.

[12:19:39] AeonThePhoenix : "Given that would imply I'd have be in its face you'll pardon me if I refrain from implementing that.given what we saw it do by touch alone." The Professor said.

[12:20:54] cobrawax : "Alright, suit yourself." Liam put the canister in his pocket.

[12:21:37] Seryna : Raven appears deaf to John's entreaty, or perhaps it simply did not know this alien beast. And alien it was. As you converse, you hear the low, grutteral snarlings. This was unlike the noises in ol detroit. The beast seemed... to be hunting.

[12:22:58] AeonThePhoenix : "I think we should lock the door..." The Professor said, looking to see if there was another way out of the room.

[12:23:37] Seryna : [For a situation check, the room you just left- the communication hub- is occupied by something unknown. You are in an operating room, in a corridor. You don't know where the corridor leads]

[12:23:55] cobrawax : "Okay." Liam attempted to lock the door.

[12:24:34] Seryna : [A scout of the room reveals that there is a observation deck to the operating room, with a bank of facuets. The door there opens to another corridor, identical to the one that you just left]

[12:27:50] Seryna : Liam locks the door, hopefully barricading yourselves away from the beast. Yet the sound intensifies, drawing nearer to your position. Within moments, you hear a deep huffing noise of expelled air outside of the door. The shadow underneath the door is dark and apparently huge.

[12:28:15] cobrawax : "Crap." Liam runs away from the door.

[12:28:39] ricohard : He frowns If he had the time he could get the information or summon aid however with such a small amount of time. He backs from the door training his pistol and keeping himself between the others and the door.

[12:29:33] AeonThePhoenix : With nothing else to protect himself, the Professor snatched up one of the unused scalpels from the operating trays.

[12:29:40] Seryna : [where is Liam running to? The obsveration deck or the other hall?]

[12:30:20] cobrawax : (Whichever's furtherthest from the door.)

[12:30:44] Seryna : "No..." susan murmers. She leans over one of the unconscious men, a stranger to you- and begins pushing the bed away from the beast, towards the other hall.

[12:32:01] cobrawax : Liam helps Susan push the bed away.

[12:32:08] Seryna : Doctor Hollandale throws a panicked look at the door. Snatching one of the lab coats, she hastily tries to dress the man that has stirred from his deep sleep. The man is groggy, hindering the doctor's efforts to help him. Finally, Chrissy drapes the coat over his shoulders, sashes it modestly and trie to bodily guide the man after Liam and Susan.
[12:34:38] AeonThePhoenix : The Professor yoinks the other unused scalpel, grabs the trolley with the third man on, throws the remaining lab coat over the drugged individual and starts following after Susan with his trolley.

[12:35:25] ricohard : John keeps his eyes trained on the door his pistol ready, stepping back carefully.

[12:35:39] Seryna : A low growl emits from the door. A long, pink, wiggling thing snakes under the door. It moves about three inches into the room, moving side to side like a snake. Susan, Liam and the Professor manage to push the beds into the other hallway. Dr. Hollandale is having great difficulty with her man, who stumbles repeatedly.

[12:41:42] ricohard : It was not the first time that he wished for the wisdom that his father had kept from him. He would have known how to deal with this invader.

[12:42:18] Seryna : "Wha- what..." Dr. Hollandale's man recoils fearfully at the sight of the unnatural snake in the room. "What is that?" He speaks slowly, his tongue sluggish. "Come on." Dr. Hollandale insists, tense with fear. Liam, Susan and the Professor soon see the sheets on thier men begin to writhe as limbs slowly stretch. Susan's friends awaken with startled jolts, fearfully clutching at the sheets and lab coats. Each awakening man appears fearful and disoriented, remaining on thier backs on the rolling beds.
[12:43:34] AeonThePhoenix : The Professor glanced around the room, noticing the rolling machines before looking back at the snake-like appendage thoughtfully. "Hmm..." He snuck over to one, getting a idea of the weight of it. "What if we pinned that thing down and hacked it off? Might slow the beast down."

[12:46:15] Seryna : The 'snake' suddenly darts forward, entering the room. The thing is about a foot long, but unnaturally thin. Instead of side winding like a snake, it seems to turn its thin membrane over the floor, scooting towards you. With alarm, you notice a round, circular outh on the end. The door shudders under a great weight. The beast is present, shoving at the locked door.

[12:47:52] AeonThePhoenix : Prof. Samuel Stevens rolled 5 dice to "Tongue Roll (+will)" 9,2,7,7,5 (1 successes)

[12:52:15] ricohard : He stepped back, he had no wish to tangle with this monster.

[12:53:59] Seryna : The Professor shoves with a rolling monitor, catching the snake at a terrible time- for it. There's an inhuman shriek that makes the hair on your arms stand up as the thing is caught in the wheel. It thrashes, far from dead, but seems immobile. The beast bellows on the other side of the door. The sound is inhuman and terrible. It blossoms fear in your hearts, harkening back to the beasts in the black...

[12:55:51] Seryna : The ladies continue to guide the en out, grateful for the help of Liam and the Professor. As you move along the corridor, you try several doors looking for escape. Two of them contain hideous wards like the one you had rescued Susan's cell from. The last one has men with terrible stitches over thier faces, chest and arms. The last one- had something akin to the elephant man. Dead - or unconscious- you have no desire to wonder what these surgeries do.

[12:55:52] AeonThePhoenix : "And now we run like hell." The Professor said, rushing back to his trolley with man and pushing it.

[12:56:25] ricohard : John waits till the doctor is clear and takes aim, considering putting a bullet into the beast now that it was held but time was too pressing. He moved to help with the injured mena and help them out. "Which way?" he asks of Raven, not knowing this part of the building.

[12:57:22] cobrawax : "This is probably how they make sniffers." said Liam between breaths.

[12:58:26] Seryna : As you hurry along, the last door opens up to a large amphitheatre. You stop short, spotting several men in lab coats sitting with thier backs to you. A video presentation is unrolling on a scren. You are familiar with it at a glance- it is a unconscious person strapped to a table, just like the men you had rescued. In the video, one of the men- wearing Hazmat suits- inject the unconscious man with a syringe. The men convulses. The men seems to still... and die. Yet as you watch in horror, the skin animates. The skin expands outwards, showing stitches on the arms. The stitches now open and small, wiggling worms pop out of the arm..

[12:59:39] Seryna : Raven is with John now, whispering about a corridor that moves around this building and leads towards fresh air and sunshine.

[12:59:39] ricohard : John pauses his gun out and ready though he had no wish to shoot all these men. He turned trying to spot the projector.

[13:01:23] AeonThePhoenix : The Professor watches the video for a few moments, then checks the three men they had just rescued for signs of needle injections in the same area on each of them just to be on the safe side.

[13:02:50] cobrawax : Liam tries to make sense of the video.

[13:04:12] Seryna : The video continues its terrible story as the man- dead yet still moving- rises, an alien being with worms instead of hands. A hunk of meat is introduced and soon is rended by viscious, writhing worms attached to the man "Virus 22.01 adapts the subject with an ability to support a parasitic life form..." A voice states from somewhere unseen. A quick glance shows a speaker mounted on the wall. "Its more crude than the V 01, but the Sniffers have not evolved to utilize the intelligence as we wished.'

[13:05:05] Seryna : As the Professor checks on the men, he finds no injections any where. With a start, he does note a three inch long line of stitches on the man that Dr. Hollandale is assisting. The stitches are arocess the man's left bicep.

[13:05:20] cobrawax : Liam grimaces at the sight of the video.

[13:05:58] AeonThePhoenix : "Doctor...." The Professor calls her attention to his discovery.

[13:06:43] ricohard : John considers, this was not a place that he wished to be much longer "Let us leave." he says softly motioning the others to follow him.

[13:06:46] Seryna : Dr Hollandale grimances, but shakes her head. "No time, now." She whsipers. "I can examine him when we get somewhere safe."

[13:07:45] cobrawax : Liam follows John. "Good idea."

[13:08:11] AeonThePhoenix : The Professor resumes their escape plans.

[13:09:33] Seryna : The women hastily follow after John. Susan looks pale and stressed, her hand often patting her worried friend on the shoulder as she guides him after John. John leads you to an exterior door with 'Exit' over it in red letters. Pushing it open, you see a ramp leading away from the facility. It seems to lead to a parking garage. You see buildings rising past the garage and can hear the sounds of traffic. You are in the city.

Seryna

Back to top Go down

Post by Seryna Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:20 pm

[13:10:25] cobrawax : Liam looked around. "Freedom. Finally. Now let's get to the rally."

[13:12:15] AeonThePhoenix : "Would help if we knew our exact location." The Professor stated.

[13:13:59] cobrawax : "Well, yeah, it's got to be close. Any of you guys know where it is? Some of you have got to be more familiar with the are than I am."

[13:14:36] Seryna : Susan glanced towards John. "Are you native to the area, John?"

[13:16:41] ricohard : He takes a deep breath listening to the voices of the world then looking back. "Always and forever. Where's this rally being held?"

[13:17:58] AeonThePhoenix : The Professor told John the location.

Seryna

Back to top Go down

Post by Seryna Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:35 am

ST: After a few moments to gauge the nearby landmarks, John explained that the convention center was a five minutes walk due east, along the side walk.

Seryna

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next