Motor City Burning
Welcome to Motor City Burning: World of Darkness online role playing game. Due to the graphic, predatory nature of the violence and adult activities Kindred, Hunters, and the Created take part in, we require all players to be 18 years of age or older. If you are at least 18 and would like to play with us, hit the "Register" key and come on in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Motor City Burning
Welcome to Motor City Burning: World of Darkness online role playing game. Due to the graphic, predatory nature of the violence and adult activities Kindred, Hunters, and the Created take part in, we require all players to be 18 years of age or older. If you are at least 18 and would like to play with us, hit the "Register" key and come on in!
Motor City Burning
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Road Trip

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Road Trip - Page 2 Empty Re: Road Trip

Post by Seryna Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:48 pm

"I am very glad you chose to come." The unknown man greets.

"I am Robin Garter. I have a way of hearing things of interest that occur here in Detroit. So many newcomers of late, dabbling in investigation.

I can sense that you are more capable than they. I need something done. A blow struck in an ongoing war between my brethren and the Bird."

He infuses the word bird with loathing.

"If you make a significant blow to my enemy, I will see that which was Barnabas is given to you immediately."

Amber

Seated in her BMW a ways away, Amber watches the three men converse. A matronly woman walks past her car, her arm laden with groceries. She gives you a cursory glance as she walks by.

"Eh?" Gerald answers. "Amber? The fuck you doing at a grocery store?"

As Amber is about to reply,a text message blossoms. She recognizes it as a fellow Abbey member, Troy.

It simply reads 'Sulphur = hell'

Seryna

http://shadowclaw.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Innerlight Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:33 am

Amber pulls the car completely out of view of everything to the point she can't see them and they can't see her. It was obvious that they were doing a clandestine meeting and she couldn't do anything to effect this other then get spotted.

She texts Troy seeing if anyone knew about any human person embodying sulfur.

"Dick... you following me?", Amber says to Gerald, even though she's following someone else. "Ahhhhh, anyways, I'm sending you a vid. Do you know any of these assholes?', Amber says sending the vid text. "I need you to get down here and sit in the parking lot, I've been trailing them too long, I could use some relief. One of these fuckers can fuck up camera images by making you see scales, you ever heard of that shit?"
Spoiler:
Innerlight
Innerlight

http://www.draugrim.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Seryna Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:02 pm

Amber

Troy does not text Amber back. It would seem that his text had a meaning that was clear enough not to need elaboration.

"Ah..I'd love to Amber, but I'm in the middle of something right now. " Gerald replied. "I'll be tied up for at least an hour. But you're in a parking lot, I'm sure that you'll be perfectly fine."

Theres a pause as he watches the video.
"No, I have never seen them, but I'm sure you can handle it. Snake scales? Honey, lay off the smack. I'll hook back up with you in an hour."

Seryna

Back to top Go down

Post by Innerlight Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:21 pm

"When they find my body in the dumpster, I guess you'll have something to go on then", Amber says seriously, guilting Gerald in a way, but not really. "I guess all this babysitting you do numbed you to actually hunting", Amber said when Gerald said he didn't know something, knocking him for no reason other then to do it. He really didn't have any recourse against her seeing he was the babysitter.

She got on the phone and called Chris with her throw away phone.
Innerlight
Innerlight

Back to top Go down

Post by Tehrat Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:51 pm

"Hm?" Alfred was clearly slightly distracted, as he listened to Alastor speak. "Yes, I had noticed your peaked visage," he murmured. His shifted his gaze from the open car park to Robin Garter. "I believe we..can be of some service to each other," he nodded calmly. His eyes were bright, entranced as he considered the relic. He could imagine the feel of it in his fingers, the wonder he would feel...!

He snapped back into reality. "I must inform you, alas, we are being spied upon."

Tehrat

Back to top Go down

Post by Seryna Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:57 pm

"Oh? That's unfortunate. I believe that I mentioned others of your ilk. I thought someone may have been watching me earlier, but obviously whoever it is lacks your intestinal fortitude."

Robin grinned.

"Else the spirits would have directed me to those individuals in your stead. Now, you have not asked about the deed I'd like you to perform. You'd be pleased to hear its largely up to your personal preferences.

I simply need to strike a blow against the Bird. However you see the Bird - in a substantial, influencing manner- would do. Nothing small."

Seryna

Back to top Go down

Post by Seryna Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:12 pm

[13:02:00] Kazakin : Alastor mopped his brow on his sleeve as a wave of intense, tearing pain shot through his spine. That was not a good sign, he was certain of it, and he was breathing more raggedly. He grimaced, forcing himself to swallow, to breathe normally. He was going to be all right, he assured himself. This would be over soon. Robin Garter... that sounded like a punnish name for someone discussing Birds and Snakes. A bird and a snake was his actual name? Unlikely. He swayed. "What... exactly... is the Bird?" He said with some effort. "And why should I help you just so Franklin can get his hands on Barnabas or whatever it it?"

“Now, I’m guessing you know a bit about what’s really behind the face of this country. But you don’t know the half of it. You don’t know about the war.” Garter's voice turned melodious. "I am a follower of the Snake. For years, we've suffered blows as teh Bird rises in prominance. State Birds. National seals. Every year, more souls are claimed for the Bird."

Loathing once again colors his tone.

"I'm just looking to balance the scales."

[13:07:04] Tehrat : "And you believe that we can aid you balance everything, as you see fit?" Alfred question, as he fought the urge to agree - whatever the stakes, just to obtain the precious relic. "How did you learn of our work?"

[13:08:37] Innerlight has been disconnected the Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:08 pm (session timeout)

[13:08:43] Innerlight has joined the chat on Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:08 pm

[13:08:51] ricohard has joined the chat on Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:08 pm

[13:09:25] Seryna : "That's your problem." Robin grins without humor. "Whatever you do has to be big enough that people hear of it. It makes the news. It gets reported on. Otherwise, the souls of the nation remain squarely in the Bird's corner."

[13:10:03] cobrawax has been disconnected the Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:10 pm (session timeout)

[13:10:54] Seryna : "Your work?" Garter seems distracted for a moment. "Oh, I heard things about the little squabble in your old town. The vampires and the Aswang. The vampires were pleased by your efforts, let me tell you that. They're hold on the town is now more secure withoutt those upstart immigrants."

[13:11:07] Innerlight : Amber clicked away on her i phone to see if she found any information on people that manipulated sulfur. She put up her secondary phone that she called Chris with. If she couldn't find anything on the web to jolt her memory she'd have to take another approach.

[13:13:41] Kazakin : Alastor felt a second, sickening wave of pain, and he clenched his fists against it, breathing deeply. He didn't like the idea that the vampires were pleased, but then, at least the vampires generally didn't murder all their victims in an orgy of bloodshed. He could, in a way, appreciate the effort to be slightly less of a monster. It was a start. "Yes, well." He mumbled. "That's no real reason for me to get involved, just to get Franklin a new set of playthings."

[13:14:41] Tehrat : "Now, now Alastor," Alfred warned placidly. "Try not to let your illness force you to make rash decisions."

[13:15:07] Seryna : As Amber worked her Iphone, she found little on people and sulphur. Most entries were linked to sulpur and brimstone and references to Hell or denizens of Hell.

[13:16:46] Seryna : "I could care less if you choose to particiapte, sir." Garter replied. "As long as Alfred gets the job done, he gets his.. plaything. Which from what I hear, alerts hm to other desirable toys. I've heard that its a wonderful feeling to have..."

[13:17:27] Tehrat : "Hm," Alfred's response was soft, almost a damned purr. "Yes, I believe it would be."

[13:17:59] Kazakin : "Oh good." Alastor said through his teeth. "Well, as long as I don't have to go around urinating on bald eagles." He was swaying. The world didn't seem to be the right way up.

[13:19:10] Innerlight : (( Do I have even the slightest reason to talk to these guys?))

[13:19:28] Seryna : "Now, Alfred, I have to impress upon you that the choice of how you marr the bird is up to you. I can't influence you. But it should cause substansial damage. Perhaps if you cause actual damage, it should be a sum of no less than 1,000 dollars. Or you could shame the bird on some large, public event. " As Amber tried to get the jump from sulphur and the man who vomited sulphur, another car pulled into the parking lot. She would likely recognize it, if she looked up from her phone, as belonging to Gerald. It would seem that perhaps he had remembered his duty.

[13:19:56] Innerlight : ((k))

[13:21:55] Innerlight : Amber got out of her car, she was way too far away to see what was going on with the group of potential devil worshippers. She walked over to Geralds car and said with a bit of snark, "So you didn't want me to get eaten and skull fucked".

[13:22:30] Tehrat : "Well, perhaps not urinating. It would be most terrible for you to be arrested due to public indecency," Alfred remarked in a town that might have been joking - had it not been Franklin himself speaking. "Perhaps you should sit down, boy."

[13:23:53] ricohard has been disconnected the Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:23 pm (session timeout)

[13:24:34] Kazakin : Alastor leant against the metal of the car. "I really rather think I need to get away from people." He mumbled, his voice oddly pitched and uncomfortable. The pain blazed through him again and he hissed through his teeth.

[13:24:38] Seryna : "Actually," Gerald exited the car. "We should probably talk later. Your father has been complaining about his increasing dues to the Abbey. They have stopped mentioning you at all, really. But, like I said - we should talk later. Why do you want me here?"
[13:26:33] Innerlight : "I got 3 suspects. One either shits sulfur or throws it up the other one fucks with camera images. I think I'm gonna go over there now that you're here to back me up from a distance", Amber explains

[13:26:55] Innerlight : She vaguely wanted to ask about her father but she didn't want to appear as if she cared.

[13:27:01] Seryna : "Back up?" Gerald draws. "In case they kill and skull fuck you."

[13:28:11] Tehrat : Alfred arched a brow as he studied Alastor's demeanour. "Indeed," he retorted. "Perhaps you should leave contact details, Mr. Garter."

[13:28:44] Innerlight : "You got a gun on you right? They try to drag me in a car or some shit... shoot'em. I mean that's not a hard concept I don't think", Amber says rudely.

[13:30:30] AeonThePhoenix has joined the chat on Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:30 pm

[13:30:38] Seryna : "Sure, I got it." Gerald said dryly. "Go knock yourself out following your three stooges. When they turn out to be buying hardcore snuff, we can get back to work."

[13:31:07] Seryna : [JAKE]

[13:31:12] AeonThePhoenix : [Fucking alarm clock is being forcibly introduced to Mr Wall later...]

[13:31:18] Kazakin : ((Hey Jake!))

[13:31:29] AeonThePhoenix : (Heya)

[13:32:06] Seryna : [You can reach me here." Garter drew out a business card for a local jazz club in Dretroit. "I'll be there every evening for the most part. Be certain to choose something... large enough,."

[13:32:21] Seryna : [It was decided TFV needs you to live Smile ]

[13:33:05] Tehrat : "But of course," Alfred nodded simply. "I'm sure I can think of something to your satisfaction."

[13:33:28] AeonThePhoenix : (At this rate we should introduce session penalties for noshows... +1 to being vampire's man-bitch or something...)

[13:33:43] Seryna : "Excellent. And- your contact info? I would be greatly dissapointed if I didn't hear from you for some time."

[13:33:46] Innerlight : "I do hunt still unlike you", she said, even though if they did sell snuff that wouldn't be a total loss. Amber walks towards the grocery store and eyes the group talking inconspicously. She stops and approaches them in the manor of someone that seems like they remember someone but don't know their name.

[13:34:42] Seryna : "You do?" Gerald chocked back a laugh. "You haven't done anything in.. what, two months? You're deluded. Or too high. But, go on. I have to be somewhere with an actual hunter in an hour."

[13:35:03] Tehrat : "I never delay," Alfred remarked sharply, and handed Garter a card of his own. He stared at Amber and commented quite bluntly: "Ah. So you finally decided to stop spying on us," he snarled.

[13:36:00] Kazakin : Alastor's nostrils were full of cloying, burning air. It felt like it was pushing into his lungs. The people walking towards them and bickering were making a noise and his eyes rolled back into his skull for a moment. He looked like he was going to faint.

[13:37:31] Seryna : "OUr business is concluded.." Garter states, throwing Amber a glance. He gave Alastor a longer look, but stepped away from the growing group.

[13:38:13] Innerlight : "I have no idea what you're talking about", Amber says just as bluntly, then ignores that one completely and spoke to the sickly man who seemed to have sulfur smells, "Do I know you?", she asked 10 times more politely then to the other guy

[13:38:47] ricohard has joined the chat on Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:38 pm

[13:39:13] Kazakin : Alastor stumbled, catching himself on the car. "No." He said, his voice icy. "We've never met before. Excuse me." He bolted for the bathroom in the grocery store.

[13:40:36] Seryna : Gerald circled a row of cars, keeping Amber in his line of sight. He frowned as one man started towards her- his hand reached for his waist band, where he kept his pistol holster. But no, the man was rushing past Amber. Gerald suddenly found the man heading straight for him, while his hand was resting on his holster.

[13:40:46] Tehrat : "I imagine if you knew him, you would have known better than to insult his brother," Alfred remarked politely. "You will, however, have to excuse him. Car sick."

[13:41:05] Innerlight : Amber narrowed her eyes and thought, damn it she was never going to figure this shit out.
Chatbox

* Refresh |
* Archives |
* Without archives |
* Auto refresh |

* Innerlight
* Kazakin
* Seryna

Away

* Tehrat

[13:42:30] Innerlight : Amber ignored this one again, she didn't like anyone spotting her first of all, and cared even less for people that seemed like they knew it all. She double back towards Gerald

[13:43:46] Kazakin : Alastor's nostrils flared suddenly, and he skidded to a halt in front of the man with the gun. There was something speaking to him, something strong and vicious. He looked like he was going to puke for a moment and he hissed. Fire was visible in his eyes. He could feel the sin in the air. It was... intoxicating.

[13:44:53] Seryna : Gerald's eyes widen. The man had - fire! - in his eyes. This wasn't right. "Amber..." He stated in a warning tone when he nnoted her coming towards him. he maed a hand motion, ushering her away.

[13:45:36] Innerlight : ((We talking fire literally?))

[13:46:03] Tehrat : With a small sigh, Alfred unhurriedly stepped out of the car.

[13:46:58] Seryna : [literal fire]

[13:47:30] Seryna : [every one please roll r + c]

[13:47:32] Innerlight : ((Ok, it's as they say on))

[13:47:54] Kazakin : Alastor felt his clothing rip and snarled through teeth that were transforming into fangs. He could feel the taint in him blazing out of control, and he shuddered.

[13:48:29] AeonThePhoenix has been disconnected the Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:48 pm (session timeout)

[13:48:33] Tehrat : http://sheetgen.dalines.net/wiki/WikiDiceRoller?hash=0c36c6a7 1 Success.))

[13:48:40] AeonThePhoenix has joined the chat on Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:48 pm

[13:48:47] Innerlight : (( 2 http://sheetgen.dalines.net/wiki/WikiDiceRoller?hash=6330f606))

[13:51:28] Seryna : The Taint rolls over Alastor. The dread that he had been feeling is now coming to a head. Alarmed, Gerald unclips the clasp that secures hhis gun. His fingers close around it as he begins to draw.

[13:53:49] ricohard has been disconnected the Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:53 pm (session timeout)

[13:54:01] Innerlight : Amber doesn't hesitate, she pulls her gun from her purse grabbing as much cover as she can from any random car. "Hey asshole?!", she yells hoping to divide his attention.

[13:54:22] Kazakin : Alastor felt the mad, burning bliss of the Inferno inside him, and he lunged for the man as he drew with hands that were twice the size of the previously slim professor's. Claws lashed out in vicious, burning arcs.

[13:55:12] ricohard has joined the chat on Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:55 pm

[13:55:40] Innerlight : "What in the fuck", Amber says dividing her attention between Alastor and fire eyes. "Where the fuck am I", she whispered, "Gotham city"

[13:56:49] Kazakin : http://sheetgen.dalines.net/wiki/WikiDiceRoller?hash=e30a400f 6 successes))

[13:56:59] Seryna : [holy]

[13:58:26] Kazakin : ((UNholy!))

[13:58:51] Seryna : Fire blooms on Geralds sleeves. He cries out as his hands alight. The gun clatters to the ground, already heated to the point of making contact with it unbearable. With a loud, pained cry, the fire consumes his body. he flares, impossibly bright, like a human torch. He stood in agony for a moment before the fire flared. The man fell prone onto the floor, the fire licking his skin.

[14:01:12] Innerlight : Amber was prepared to give the thing a chance to back down, even though she didn't much like Gerald their was no way in hell she was letting someone do that to him. She opened fire liberally squeezing off shots until fire eyes died.

[14:01:17] Tehrat : "Do not do something stupid, girl," Alfred growled at Amber. He watchedf the scene unfold before him, cool and unconcerned for the dead man.

[14:03:26] Seryna : [wait, can you reiterate that post Inner. You were willing to let Alastor back down and then you opened fire]

[14:03:36] Seryna : [Is that what Amber did]

[14:03:41] AeonThePhoenix has been disconnected the Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:03 pm (session timeout)

[14:04:25] Innerlight : ((He did set my guy on fire right? Until that point she was willing to try to scare the dude off, but seeing my guys on fire fuck him now))

[14:05:19] Seryna : [So you meant that you were willing to give Alastor a chance to back down when he had fire in his eyes, but not when he lit Gerald on fire. OK, Inner, Kaz, Tehrat: ten minutes for the current scene]

[14:05:44] Seryna : [wheres the roll for shooting Alastor]

[14:06:01] Innerlight : ((He's the one burning my guy?))

[14:06:35] Innerlight : ((What was the dude with the fire eyes doing?))

[14:07:05] Kazakin : ((Alastor IS the dude with the fire eyes.))

[14:08:19] Innerlight : ((Ok, I guess I'm shooting at you then, I thought their was some other dude))

[14:08:20] Seryna : Perhaps now as Amber aimed her gun at Alastor, the references to hell and sulphur were not clear. If a man causes fire, surely, he was somehow connected to all of the Sulphur = hell messages that Amber had found.

[14:09:04] Kazakin : ((I have 1 point of armour against firearms attacks, FYI))

[14:09:11] Kazakin : ((Demonskin ftw))

[14:09:24] Innerlight : ((Ok. I have to roll again ))

[14:09:30] Seryna : [That you do. Two minute warning for the current scene. ]

[14:10:14] Innerlight : ((0 successes))

[14:10:29] Innerlight : ((I took 2 off for cover))

[14:10:51] Seryna : {excellent]

[14:11:00] Seryna : That is where we will conclude for todays scene

[14:11:06] Innerlight : Amber breaks cover and runs.

[14:11:15] Seryna : I will post the raw transcript and will edit it tonight. We can play by post

[14:11:26] Seryna : actually, Amber already used her action for the scene

[14:11:34] Seryna : she'd have to wait for next turn to do that

Seryna

Back to top Go down

Post by Tehrat Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:27 pm

Alfred stomped the cane on the floor as he moved forward, a determined expression plastered on his face. "Try not to stand there dumbstruck, girl," he snapped as he by-passed Amber. He cared remarkably little for her being injured; but it a crowd appeared then things may become slightly difficult.

"Snap out of it, fire-brained dolt!" Alfred growled at Alastor. This was, in Franklin's world, a most terrible insult.

Tehrat

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazakin Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:38 pm

The fire raged through Alastor's brain, the taint, and he couldn't think. He was burning, everything was burning. He roared, feeling fangs scraping across a distended, forked tongue. His body was warped, changed. He was tainted fire incarnate. Someone was attacking him, but it was distant as the flames burned the sickness out of his body, preparing him for further transformation. He watched the bullet strike the concrete as if it was in slow motion. Weak. Inconsequential. He stepped away from it as though it was nothing.

He could see Franklin shouting at him through the heat haze and he hissed, trying to form words, to explain that the man he'd burnt had been drawing a gun, attacking him, but they wouldn't come. His vision swam and he gripped the steel of a nearby car. It would be easy to crush this one, and then get the girl... No! What was he doing? This wasn't him! He wasn't a monster!

Revulsion welled up in him and he forced the Taint to leave him with senses that had had years of practice. It took everything he had in him to begin to quell the blaze.

The hulking, burning monstrosity began to diminish, and he dropped to his knees, the concrete sizzling beneath him. His clothes had been torn by the transformation and burned to ash by the tainted fire that had burst out of his skin. He groaned in agony as his bones reshaped themselves, fresh, violent looking burn marks covering his exposed flesh. The scars looked livid against the pinked skin, as if the explosion of the taint had aggravated them.

Spoiler:

Kazakin

Back to top Go down

Post by Innerlight Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:01 am

Amber ran with her gun out to see if Gerald was alive. If he was she planned to push him aside and drive him to the hospital. If she saw either one of those demonic fucks take another step her way she wouldn't hesitate to just go out guns blazing and hope for the best.
Innerlight
Innerlight

Back to top Go down

Post by Seryna Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:21 am

As Amber reached Gerald, she could tell that he had breathed his last while she had been crouching behind the car. His flesh was smoldering with heat.

The gentlemen who had warned her not to get involved with Alastor seemed to have reached through to the man with the fire eyes. The single man with the fire eyes seemed to be regaining his composure, the fire was retreating.

Spoiler:

The shoppers who had been moving from car to store or vice versa had scattered at the gun shot. No doubt someone was crouched somewhere calling 911. Glancing around, the parking lot looked deserted. Robin Garter had departed sometime during the altercation.

Two green clad store employees stand at the door to the grocery some sixty feet away, looking over the parking lot. No doubt, they are searching for any menace to their shoppers.

Seryna

Back to top Go down

Post by Innerlight Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:04 am

Amber pushes Gerald's melted corpses over and gets into his charbroiled seat. That awful smell almost made her tear up for Gerald, but she was a hunter first, she had gotten her first handgun at 6 years old, and watched her first immolation at 12, so she wasn't easily rattled. If it wasn't for her common sense she'd just fight them both and disregard the fear, but she drove off.
Spoiler:
Innerlight
Innerlight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazakin Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:12 am

Alastor could feel the Taint ebbing away, and with it came the guilt. What had he done? It was sickening. He covered himself with his hands, trying to swallow the howl that was building in his throat. This wasn't fair! He'd been trying to get somewhere secure and the idiot had pulled his fucking gun! If he'd just let him go past, none of this would have happened! His breath rattled in his throat. He had to get out of here, but running made things obvious. The burns cracked and blazed as he moved and he bit his lip to keep from screaming.

"Got to leave." He mumbled to Alfred, trying to ignore the fact that he felt blazingly uncomfortable being effectively naked in a parking lot.

Spoiler:

Kazakin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tehrat Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:46 am

Foregoing another futile attempt to make conversation with the girl, and not bothering to question what the Hell just happened, Alfred moved forward to Alastor. His cool, calculated gaze scanned the destroyed body and the other man's dreadful demeanour and scowled. Damned his recollection!

He shrugged off his coat, and tossed it to the demon. "Put it on. Let us vacate the car park."

Tehrat

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazakin Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:57 am

Alastor pulled the coat around him with some gratitude, although he was under no illusion that Alfred was doing it to be kind. He had a distinct feeling that after that, Alfred was going to be keeping him under even harsher observation and admiring his neck from a closer distance. His guts churned. He had to make contact with Milan. They needed to know what was happening to him. He was accelerating faster than ever before- the Taint seemed determined to consume him. What was going to happen after this?

He scrambled into the backseat of the car, licking his lips uncomfortably. When his spoke, his voice was cold and harsh, a dead giveaway that he was being affected by the Taint in him.

"I must make a telephone call." He said. "Alone."

Kazakin

Back to top Go down

Post by Seryna Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:56 pm

Spoiler:

Seryna

Back to top Go down

Post by Innerlight Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:22 pm

Spoiler:
Innerlight
Innerlight

Back to top Go down

Post by Seryna Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:08 am

So nobodies gonna ask me in the Abbey why I'm driving Gerald's car and he's burned to a crisp, nobody cares? I'm willing to just ignore a lot of things for the sake of game harmony. I'm willing to ignore, the huge power discrepancy in what I can do an what he can do, even willing to somewhat interact with these guys who I know nothing about, because I never would have approached them in the first place, though for the sake of the game I did it. I was hunting him before I even knew what he was, because he seemed evil, and he in fact is something I'd probably kill without a hell of a good reason to not to. I need a hell of a lot more then, they happen to be PC's for me to want to fraternize with them even if for some magical reason nobody in the Abbey asks me about Gerald.

No one is asking you to ignore any thing. I don't understand why you are freaking out about this.
Innerlight, no one said anything about nobody asking you about Gerald. I thought it would be a great story hook for Amber to focus on- who killed Gerald? Why is his body burned so? How can she not remember any interactions with him past the recorded phone calls?

It would be a great hook to focus more on her Abbey connection.

There is not a huge power discrepancy. You walked into a scene with a Lucifuge *Alastor* who was clearly ill and chose to follow him, ignoring the well person *Alfred* who tried to engage Amber. When questioned OOCly on this, you twice affirmed that you ignored Alfred for no reason. There's no leg to stand on claiming you wanted an amicable conversation when Alfred was willing to provide one.
You chose to pursue the Lucifuge while he tried desperately to find a bathroom.
Nobody forced you to follow Alastor when it was the snake scaled Robin Garter who was clearly supernatural- and who excused himself when Amber walked up. You could have chosen to follow him.

Nobody forced you to get IC with this group. You can choose to never go near them again. I invited you - as I invite every hunter player- IC because we happen to be on at the same time.

If you only want to solo, you may want to reconsider if you want to play in this game. The stories I have planned don't bode well for solo players.

Seryna

Back to top Go down

Post by Innerlight Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:34 am

I tired every investigation avenue I had to figure out what Kazakin was, but in the end it boiled down to me either approaching them even though I had no reason to do it, or ignore them, either way I wouldn't have been able to play with them. Being introduced by a third party may have worked a bit better.

Personally speaking, I was hunting Kazakin's guy, not Alfred, so I had no interest in him from an In character perspective, Ooc Tehrat's cool. In character I had absolutely no reason to believe that that guy being sick would somehow be tantamount to Pompeii tongue

But thanks for having me. We had a lot of miscommunications but hopefully this is like leaving on good terms. So I'll see you around from time to time
Innerlight
Innerlight

Back to top Go down

Post by Seryna Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:36 pm

Actually, you were investigating Garter for most of what I just read. Garter = Snake scales. Asking contacts about snake scales and such. The only mention of Alastor was a mention of sulfur, which gave you a clear message of sulfur = Hell. Alastor was a separate person in the bathroom stall. There were *two* supernatural people in the scene. You had followed Garter, which was why I was confused you suddenly switched tracks and were studying Alastor.

Next time, you could consider asking people who *know* the person your hunting.
Have fun out there.

Seryna

Back to top Go down

Post by Innerlight Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:06 am

More the snake guy then Kazakin's guy yeah, but asking if my whole conspiracy if anyone knew about people that can manipulate sulfur seemed a lot like investigating to me. Some random dude chimed in that sulfur has something to do with hell. I don't know why he gave a vague dictionary definition, when lives are on the line, but fine, it was mildly useful. Though that doesn't give me any clue he shoots fire out of his hands and is some sort of dangerous super that will just go apeshit in public. 90 percent of creatures with self preservation instincts at least attempt to get you alone before kicking your ass. So I rolled a hard 6, ala Battlestar Galatica, hoping I could talk to that guy, not the other guy, and hoped he wasn't so crazy he'd go off on me in public. That was my bad, I tried to get it out of him and failed, just the idea that we could meet like that an actually be allies on any level seem farfetched to me.

If ANYone actually explained, hey, you know the lucifage has something to do with sulfur, my very next move would have been to float his picture out there. If nobody knew his conspiracy even existed why would they know him. I was hoping someone knew about his conspiracy so I wouldn't have to meta game and just assume I knew, even mentioned I was searching my own memories, though I should have been more upfront and said hey I want an occult roll.
uggghh (fyi that emote is awesome)
Innerlight
Innerlight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2