Motor City Burning
Welcome to Motor City Burning: World of Darkness online role playing game. Due to the graphic, predatory nature of the violence and adult activities Kindred, Hunters, and the Created take part in, we require all players to be 18 years of age or older. If you are at least 18 and would like to play with us, hit the "Register" key and come on in!

Checking Up

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Checking Up

Post by cobrawax on Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:35 am

"Thanks." Liam headed to the are where the band was setting up and looked for the manager.

cobrawax

Posts : 241
Points : 250
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-06-30
Age : 26
Location : America

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Checking Up

Post by Seryna on Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:16 am

As Liam reached the stage, he noted three skinny male youths setting up equipment on the stage. There's a thin, blonde woman checking her compact behind the stage. She wears a red tank top and black pants laced up with red satin - like fabric.

He notes another woman, a brunette, in black, slightly more heavy set and easily ten years older. The woman is deep in conversation with a heavy set man in a green button up shirt who is gesturing towards the crowd on the dance floor.

Seryna

Posts : 805
Points : 959
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2009-04-26
Age : 32
Location : California

View user profile http://shadowclaw.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Checking Up

Post by cobrawax on Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:23 am

Liam goes up to the blonde woman in the red tank top. "Excuse me. Do you know where I can find Kelly?"

cobrawax

Posts : 241
Points : 250
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-06-30
Age : 26
Location : America

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Checking Up

Post by Seryna on Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:25 am

"What?" The blonde glances up at you and gives you a cursory look over. She gives a disdained look and goes back to fussing with her eye brows in the compact. She gives a distracted wave towards the other woman. The other woman doesn't seem to have noticed you.

Seryna

Posts : 805
Points : 959
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2009-04-26
Age : 32
Location : California

View user profile http://shadowclaw.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Checking Up

Post by cobrawax on Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:32 am

"Right. Thanks." Liam heads towards the other woman.

cobrawax

Posts : 241
Points : 250
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-06-30
Age : 26
Location : America

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Checking Up

Post by Seryna on Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:48 am

"What?" The other woman glances at you with annoyance when you walk up. "I'm setting up here. Who the hell are you to be interrupting the Dolls performance? They have serious backers."

Seryna

Posts : 805
Points : 959
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2009-04-26
Age : 32
Location : California

View user profile http://shadowclaw.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Checking Up

Post by cobrawax on Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:49 am

"I need to contact Gary. It's quite urgent." Liam stated.

cobrawax

Posts : 241
Points : 250
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-06-30
Age : 26
Location : America

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Checking Up

Post by Seryna on Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:58 pm

"How urgent?" The woman waves Green Shirt off. He gives you a look, but continues to direct the skinny youths in setting up the gear for the show. "And who are you?"
"Jim." Liam answered. "And it is quite urgent. He needs to get this message soon."

The woman stares at you for a moment. She exhales with annoyance and gestures at you to follow her. She leads you away from the stage, weaving through the dakness as though she can see through the dark You come to a doorway with a blue curtain in front of it. She pulls the curtain and passes within, gesturing for you to follow. Now you are out of sight from the dance floor. She reaches for a cell phone that rests on a short table. Glancing around, you note the record keeping files. This must function as the office. "Gary," She speaks to the cell phone. "Someone here says they need to talk to you. Its urgent."

"Thank you." said Liam, putting his hands in his pockets.

The woman sets down the cell phone, ending the call. "His P.A. is coming." She states, taking a seat at the short stool and leaving you to stand. "How do you know Gary?"

"There's just a message I need to get to the owner of this club." Liam admitted.

"I'm not a note - passer in elementary school." A woman states drily from the doorway. The manager gives a start, she hadn't heard the other woman arrive either. The 'P.A.' was a tall, brunnette woman with her hair pulled into a severe high bun. Her brown eyes were cool, her face expressionless. She was Caucasin, and very pale at that. She wore a form fitting black leather jacket and black jeans. "He the one with a message?"

"I understand." Liam nodded. He took the note out of his pocket. "All the details Gary needs to know are in here."


The woman extends her hand for the note. You note that the woman is discreetly blocking the exit to the office. The woman opens the note and begins to read.

Liam put his hands back into his pockets. "I'm sure Gary will figure out what this means."

"I don't bring him newspaper the dog drags in." The woman sneers at you. " And I don't think I'll bring him this trash."

To who it may concern, I have heard from a reliable source that a group in the industrial district has hired men to try and destroy your kind and take over the industrial district. The group is led by a woman called Lily. She is a dark skinned woman with short hair. They are currently residing in a waste plant here in the industrial district which has been abandoned since around 2002. Now, I wouldn't worry about the men hired to come after you, seeing as one of them is dead and the rest have since given up and moved away. This group isn't human. I believe they are the same creatures you have been warring with for quite some time. Also, it is worth noting that the waste plant is invulnerable and it would be reckless to actually enter it. If you do enter it, it is difficult to get out and technology is rendered useless. However, during the next two days, this group will be leaving the plant a lot. This is probably your best chance.

The woman lowers the note, frowning. After a moment, she tucks the note into her jacket. "Out." She barks at the manager. The manager looks annoyed, but moves out of the office. After the woman leaves, the PA looks up at you. Her eyes are cold, calculating. "A kind," She states quietly. "- you refer to a kind. What kind would that be."

"Like I said. Gary will figure it out. I'm sure he's a smart guy." Liam stated.

"Yes...I'm sure he will. " She smiles without humor, stepping closer to you. She leans her head down close near to your neck. The move is intrusive to your personal space- and the woman simply straightens and jerks her head to the door. "Get out." She snaps with annoyance. "And don't come back."

"Yes ma'm." says Liam. He heads out the door, somewhat relieved.
The woman steps out of the office behind him, watching him as he moves through the club.

Liam glances back at the woman briefly before continuing to walk out. He keeps a hand on the hair spray in his pocket.

Liam moves to the exit easily, but spots two or three black clad bouncers glance his way and stare at him as he makes his departure.
Liam heads to the nearest hardware store, making sure he isn't followed along the way.





Liam rolled 4 dice to "Perception" 4,5,7,3 (0 successes)
Liam rolled 4 dice to "Perception" 9,3,2,3 (1 successes)

As far as Liam can guess, he is not followed to the hardware store.
He decides to but some rope, a saw, and a container of lighter fluid. He pays in cash.

Seryna

Posts : 805
Points : 959
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2009-04-26
Age : 32
Location : California

View user profile http://shadowclaw.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Checking Up

Post by cobrawax on Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:28 pm

cobrawax : Liam calls Mike.

AeonThePhoenix : Half asleep in his chair, Mike was rudely jolted back to reality by the ringing of his mobile. "Dammit...DAMMIT!!!" Mike cursed louder as his searching hand knocked over his beer. Looking forlornly at the liquid seeping into the carpet, he answered the phone. "Yes?!" he inquired curtly.

cobrawax : "Hey Mike. It's Liam. I'm at the hardware store, and I'm looking for someone else's input. You think there's anything I should get for the thing?"

AeonThePhoenix : "Thing? What thing?" Mike asked, his brain still not in gear.

cobrawax : "The wolves." Liam answers quietly.

AeonThePhoenix : "Oh that thing!" Mike exclaimed. "Pretty much just load up on silver and anything that'll cause a crapton of damage or explode is your best bet."

cobrawax : "Uh, that second thing won't work. Though, it might get their attention alright. But, what I'm concerned about here, is what do we do when it's over?"

AeonThePhoenix : "Oh explosions will work on most things if the bang's big enough." Mike grinned. "Not many things'll put up a fight with limbs blown off either. As for when it's over, you're gonna have a ton of human remains on your hands, so best get out of there before anyone official arrives and that's when I usually go get pissed."

cobrawax : "Oh, you were talking a them. alright. But, I don't know much about that kind of thing and I sort of need my fingers for stuff. But anyway, what about those guys you said that you were taking with you?"

AeonThePhoenix : "Yeah, no worries there. They'll be with me." Mike responded.

cobrawax : "Alright. Anything I should know about them?" Liam asked.

AeonThePhoenix : "My friends? One's a crackshot, one's a tech expert, both very knlwoedgeable when it comes to hunting stuff. They'll be an asset to the mission."

cobrawax : "Okay. That's good. Maybe they got some ideas. Well, guess I got some more planning to do. Let me know exactly when you guys can get over here."

cobrawax : "If you guys need help with anything, don't hesitate to ask." Liam added

AeonThePhoenix : "Will do mate. See you for the hunt." Mike said.

cobrawax : "Yeah...see you then." Liam hung up.

cobrawax

Posts : 241
Points : 250
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-06-30
Age : 26
Location : America

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Checking Up

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:29 am


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum