Motor City Burning
Welcome to Motor City Burning: World of Darkness online role playing game. Due to the graphic, predatory nature of the violence and adult activities Kindred, Hunters, and the Created take part in, we require all players to be 18 years of age or older. If you are at least 18 and would like to play with us, hit the "Register" key and come on in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Motor City Burning
Welcome to Motor City Burning: World of Darkness online role playing game. Due to the graphic, predatory nature of the violence and adult activities Kindred, Hunters, and the Created take part in, we require all players to be 18 years of age or older. If you are at least 18 and would like to play with us, hit the "Register" key and come on in!
Motor City Burning
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Checking Up

3 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Checking Up Empty Checking Up

Post by cobrawax Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:08 pm

Once Liam arrives back at the hotel, he begins getting his things together. He takes the duffel bag filled with all the supplies he gathered for the trip to Pittsburgh in that strange alternate future or whatever it was. He gathers together the credit cards and the money he had left. He puts his camera on his neck and rips out a page of his sketchbook and writes a note for whoever it concerned:

Heading back home. There are some things I need to check on. If you need me, well, you probably have my number.
Good luck with whatever comes next,
Liam

He then headed to the train station to buy a ticket to Salem with the late Cirino's credit card.
cobrawax
cobrawax

Back to top Go down

Checking Up Empty Re: Checking Up

Post by Seryna Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:11 pm

Liam discovers that there is a train leaving in two hours. The price i 200$, but the card goes through like a charm.

He receives a text from Dr. Hollandale wishing him luck.

Seryna

http://shadowclaw.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cobrawax Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:18 pm

Liam sighs in relief when the card is accepted. He thanks Dr. Hollandale via text message. He tries to pass the time by doodling random things on his sketchpad. He also calls home and tells his parents that he's coming back, telling them that his little 'road trip' is over.
cobrawax
cobrawax

Back to top Go down

Post by cobrawax Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:43 pm

cobrawax : Liam heads to his parents' house after the three hour train ride. He says few words to his parents and drops off his two bags. After that, he heads to Brewer's restuarant.

Seryna : He finds that his parents were surprised to see him, but glad that he had come. As he eenters Brewer's cyber cafe, he feels the same sensation that those waiters *knew* him. The bring him the same ppetizer that he had shared with his departed friend, assuring him that Brewer would be out soon.

cobrawax : Liam is starved after the train ride, so he begins working on the appetizer.

Seryna : As he completes the appetizer, a familiar face walks out. Brewer's face is grave. He is carrying something in a leather satchel under one arm. "Hello, Liam." He greets, taking the seat across from you. "I am so very sorry to hear about your friend."

cobrawax : Liam nods. "Yeah, thanks." he says glumly. "I heard that you're working on some kind of investigation,"

Seryna : "I was," Brewer stated. "I must confess, I feel somewhat responsible for his death. I have found out who killed him - and that it was over a misunderstanding. You recall that I said they were after some sort of Grimore that was coming to town that I was aiming to ]

cobrawax : Liam stroked his chin. "Grimoire? You mean that thing you showed us last time I was here?"

Seryna : "Well..." Brewer leaned forward. "It turns out I was misinformed. The assumption was that those beats never left thier little fright house. I had no idea that they would come after you."

cobrawax : "Wait, you're not suggesting the uh...wolves had something to do with this?" said Liam in a whisper.

Seryna : "Yet my investigation has yielded that they were responsible. They have tried to come out once before, to your home. Thankfully, I was able to scramble a team to encourage them to move them along..."

cobrawax : "What?!" exclaimed Liam. Liam looked around and lowered his voice. "That doesn't add up. Why would they do that? How did they find these things out anyway. Greg's cabin was in the middle of nowhere for Christ's sake."

Seryna : "The wolf is a very unlikely creature. My research has yielded that they can case unusual occurances, occurances that seem impossible." Brewer said quietly. "One of thier inhuman senses is smell. A tracker found two tracks of the wolves around Greg's cabin. It was clear that they had menanced and thend estroyed the car - and scarred Greg out of the cabin."

Seryna : Brewer's face looked a mix of fear and grim sympathy for the dead man you are speaking of.

cobrawax : "So, how many wolves are in this group?" asked Liam grimly.

Seryna : "We know there are at least three. I sent a team to the factory, but they became too frghtened to continue once they had met a pair. That is one dangerous factory."

cobrawax : "I see." Liam stroked his chin. "How long have you been after this group and what's been the problem with getting rid of them in the past?"

Seryna : "Its that factory. It seems immune to any form of attack. Burning, demolition... Somehow, its attached to the wolves. They've adopted it or corrupted it- something has tied it to this plane." He shook his head. "I don't believe getting rid of them is possible, right now."

cobrawax : Liam frowned. "What makes you say that?"

Seryna : "A solid couple of weeks of trying, including the specialty of a bonafide werewolf hunter."

cobrawax : "Really? What happened to this 'werewolf hunter'? You sure he wasn't lying or anything?" asked Liam

Seryna : "I paid him a great deal of money for the werewolf heads- money he failed to collect. If he had the ability to, I assume that he would have."

cobrawax : Liam sighed "So...what happens now? Are you thinking about giving up? Going on the defense?"

Seryna : "I m doing what I planned from the start. Getting the grimiore and keeping it from the beasts."

cobrawax : Liam stroked his chin. "Well, it sounds like you might need a different approach. Maybe you should study that factory for a while or use some silver."

Seryna : "You have to realize that there are a finite number of Hunters willing to address this. Money is a carrot, but Hunters are a fickle group that can't always be led towards the factory. Theres discussion that since they haven't been seen outside the factoy, they should just be left there. I personally am nervous about the imminient arrival of the grimiore." He sets the satchel out on the table.

cobrawax : Liam nodded "I realize that. I'm just saying you need a better plan. And to do that, you need as much information as possible. Money can only go so far."

Seryna : "What are you proposing?" Brewer asked, tilting his head as he studies you. "The Union has essentially sworn off the factory as it isn't hurting the nieghborhood."

cobrawax : "They killed Greg and they were found outside my house. How the fuck is that not harming the neighborhood?" said Liam angrily. Liam took a deep breath and calmed down. "Alright. If I can give a bit of advice, you should probably just study that factory. Maybe read up on werewolves. You probably don’t need to directly attack anyone until that grimiore comes.

Seryna : "I believe I have assembled all of the known information already, while you were away. As for the grimiore." Brewer glanced down at the leather satchel. "The timeline was moved up."

cobrawax : Liam looked at the satchel. "Alright, so, what's in that thing. Some you want to show me?"

Seryna : "That would be what we have been discussing - the grimiore."

cobrawax : Liam's eyes widened. "No fucking way! Uh, excuse my language. So, mind if I take a look?" said Liam, reaching for the satchel.

cobrawax : Liam reached in his pocket for his lighter.

Seryna : "Be my guest." Brewer replied. "Just - be careful. It is quite old. And some of the items are... concerning."

Seryna : As you touch the sachet, you unbuckle the belt that keeps the leather over the grimiore. As the leather falls away, you are startled by the ancient book about the size of a Dean Kootz paper pack. The pages are wrinkled and the cover is a hardback is some tough, black unidentifiable substance. The first page is a startling and disturbing detail of a young girl lying in a forest, presumably wounded.

cobrawax : Liam leaned back. "Concerning items? Uh, Greg and I had a very...different idea of what we would do with the book when we got it. Anyway, so, I'm not sure if I understand the situation here. You got the book. What's the problem now?"
cobrawax
cobrawax

Back to top Go down

Post by cobrawax Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:15 pm

Seryna : "The problem is that we have what the beasts were looking for in the first place." Brewer looked uncomfortable. "I'm not entirely certain what to do with it now. The agent won't be in town for two days."

cobrawax : "Burn it? And maybe leave a photo of it being burned so they know that you burned it? I already got the lighter and camera." Liam suggested.

cobrawax
cobrawax

Back to top Go down

Post by cobrawax Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:20 pm

Liam stroked his chin. "Right, the 'concerning items'. Well, if you excuse me, I'll think I'll make use of some of those computers over there."

Liam researched the plant in Salem's industrial district.

Liam rolled 3 dice to "Computer research" 5,3,5 (0 successes)

Liam rolled 3 dice to "Computer research" 9,1,1 (1 successes)
cobrawax
cobrawax

Back to top Go down

Post by Seryna Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:09 am

"Burn it?" Brewer grimaced. "I paid a blue collared worker's yearly salary just to buy it. I'm not going to burn it. And why take a picture- you really want to hand these guys a picture of us burning what they want?"

He frowns after you as you head off to research.

Your initial query turns up nothing useful. After a beat, you discover that until ten years ago, the plant was a fully functioning plant that handled most of Detroit's waste. As the recession hit - and jobs were sent overseas, several plants went out of business.

Somewhere around 2002, the plant became condemned. You find nothing more about it. If you need more information on the recent history, you may need to seek channels that wouldn't make it to Google. Perhaps Hunter contacts...

Seryna

Back to top Go down

Post by cobrawax Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:35 pm

Liam frowns. "Well, I guess I'd better check someplace else." He goes back up to Brewer. "Hey, do you know how I'd go about getting silver bullets? Do those things actually work?"
cobrawax
cobrawax

Back to top Go down

Post by Seryna Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:44 am

"Well, you could get them from me." Brewer replied, evaluating you for a beat. "I've just outfitted a Hunter in England with a set. Man took care of his beast, no problem. He told me it's difficult work - but if you've come to finish what your friend started, I'll front you the silver.'

Seryna

Back to top Go down

Post by cobrawax Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:58 am

Liam nodded. "That would be great. I wouldn't want to be going about this without the right equipment for the job. The gun I got is a Star Bonificio, if I remember correctly."
cobrawax
cobrawax

Back to top Go down

Post by Seryna Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:03 pm

"I'll have someone get on that. You'll get a call to come pick it up right here. Shouldn't be after five P.M. today.

I'll call you after to see what your action plan is. We need results around here."

Brewer replies, checking his watch. "I have to follow up on some things. Watch your six."

Seryna

Back to top Go down

Post by cobrawax Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:03 am

Liam nods. "I will. See you later."

He heads back home and goes up to his room where he left his bag with the gun inside. He wraps the weapon in a t-shirt and puts his camera and sketchpad on top and then puts the bagpack on. He stows the duffel bag away in his closet before heading to Kiwanis Hall.
cobrawax
cobrawax

Back to top Go down

Post by Seryna Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:09 am

Upon reaching the hall, Liam finds the door unlocked. Stepping within, he notes that there is no gear or weapons on the two long tables as there was on his last visit. A man exits the kitchen and glances towards the door. Liam recognizes Ray Selik, the man who had helped make bullets for the cell in the past.

"Hey." Ray steps closer, studying you. "Liam? That you?"

He closes the distance to you, extending his hand. "I'm sorry to hear about Greg. "

Seryna

Back to top Go down

Post by cobrawax Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:27 am

Liam shook the mans hand. "Yeah, thanks." he said grimly. "I came back from Detroit to check on the investigation. Brewer already filled me in on a lot of it. Though the main reason I came hear was that I was hoping to find something about what happened to that abandoned waste management plant back in 2002."
cobrawax
cobrawax

Back to top Go down

Post by Seryna Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:16 pm

"Well, far as I can tell.." Ray tilted hi head, looking strained to be thinking back to all those years ago. "That's about when Brewer started trying to run with us. You know, tried to be a real bad ass."

He smirked.

"Should have seen it. Guy was forty pounds over weight, white as the fangs we were chasing. But his money was good, so Crawford let him try it out for awhile."

The smile faded away. "You've been with Chrissy, so I'm sure he told you how he fucked up on a mission and got one of our girls got herself in a chair, permanent like.

Crawford basically asked him to stop coming along after that. But in that period...some shit started to slide. We were busting our asses, but Chrissy's friend couldn't hunt any more, Chrissy was a bit spooked herself so we were short handed. That's when that old plant started to go bad.

Heard theres a nasty pack of wolves in there, now. Crawford sent a man in there last week, and I don't ever think he came back out."

Ray smiled darkly.
"But the prick's money is still good. Paying me top dollar to run some of my silver ammo out to some cyber cafe."

Seryna

Back to top Go down

Post by cobrawax Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:50 pm

"You know, Chrissy was kind of vague about the whole thing, but I figured it was something like that. Wonder if there is a way I could get more information about that plant though. Weird how that works. One day, it's a normal, working waste management plant and then it's toxic, infested with wolves, the exits disappear, it's immune to any kind of damage,and technology won't work in it. Anyway, I'd advise against sending anyone down there on their own. It's suicide."
cobrawax
cobrawax

Back to top Go down

Post by Seryna Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:50 pm

"Well, it wasn't exactly that quick." Ray stated. "The change in the plant, I mean. First you hear something about a strange smell, but its the industrial distict! Then a week later, people say they saw things moving in there. But like I said, we had real work, real monsters to fight. No time to chase down shadows. I figure they got et up in there when we were distracted." He tilted hi head. "That sound like real ound advice. Didn't you and your friend go down there once? What exactly happened?"

"Yeah." Liam answered, not caring to elaborate. He stroked his chin. "I see. So the change was gradual. "

"What exactly was that smell?"

"Toxic waste?" Ray suggested. "We didn't exactly get into it. Sometimes, strange things are better left alone. Until they start menancing folk." He looked uncomfortable, realizing he'd brought the conversation back to Greg.

Liam sighed. "Well, I don't know about that."

"Well, like I aid earlier, I'd better get moving. I have these bullet to deliver to ome cyber cafe." He shook his head. "Brewer may be a bitch, etting up little fufu cafe, but he does throw work our way. Got paid for this." He leans in, showing you several clips he's secured in a muslin bag. "Genuine silver. Hope whoever he's giving thi to doesn't expect no dog fight."

"Yeah. Careful out there Ray."

"Yeah, you too. You need anything, you got my number?"

Liam shook his head. "No I don't got your number. Right now, I'm in need on some information. On the plant or just werewolves in general. I think anything like that would help a lot."

"Thats what we been talking about, Liam. I don't think any one else knows much more than me. What sort of info you need?"

Liam rubbed the back of his neck. "Well, I guess, I just need to figure out what's causing the plant to act the way it does know. I know it's probably got some kind of connection to the wolves. Plus, any advice on luring them out and seperating them would be helpful."

"Well hell boy, we knew that, we'd be in the wolf trade business." Ray laughed. "That's what makes those wolve so damn dangerous. They really are like wild thing, with that pack mentaility. Werewolves are pretty fucked up. They're human enough to get you in trouble with the cops. Vamp have the decency to ah or ometime degrade when you kill them, they bad enough. But the wolves? They go looking as lily white as your next door nieghbor. That umbitch may have jut bitten your arm off, but you put enough silver in him, he look like Peter fucking Parker."

Liam nodded. "I know, it's never that easy. I guess I'll deal with the disposal part when I come to it. Wait, I think I know who the pack leader is. That'll help right? She's called Lily and she always seems to kind of sneak up on people."

"Don't rightly know how it will help... from what I been hearing, theres at least three of those bastards. Since they got us fucked every which way, I'd reckon you need at least two or three people who can handle themselves with silver. Thats what doesn't fill me with confidence about whoever Brewer is giving this silver ammo to." Ray indicated the bag. "Its just enough for one guy. Just enough for one wolf, really. Those fuckers move. I made up some extra that I may try and get sold to Brewer, but that guy doesn't have a head for what you need on a hunt."

Liam nodded. "Thanks. Wait, you know what's with these wolves and territory. I hear they've trying to get more territory or whatever in the industrial district."

"What does it mean exactly? For like hunting?"

"Territory?" Ray blinked. "Sounds like they may got themselves a problem, then. We've been trying to flush some fangs out of these empty warehouses down there. You asking what wolves want with territory? Hell if know, boy. There's no werewolves for dummies lying around here." His tone turned speculative. "Maybe you're asking the wrong guy. Sure think some of those fangs may know something. They hate themselves some wolves."

"Fangs? Hey wait, you ever hear of this guy Dino? Greg mentioned him. From what I hear, I think he might have been one of those...you know."

"Dino?" Ray gave a short laugh. "Yeah, I sure as hell know about that fang. Turn out, he wanted to go and get himself rehabilited. Some place quite a drive away. So Crawford say he hired these old soldiers to do the deed. Mike Hunter, Dominik and some girl. Far as I know, they got the fang to his little hippie camp. Guy sang like a bird on some bad stuff the fangs had done around here. We burned three vamps that killed some guys jut starting out on the hunt. Well, I'll be off. Here's my number." Ray reached into his wallet and fished out a Selik & Sons contruction card. "Numbers the second one on the back, under my name. You be real careful while you're in town. Them wolves getting uppity."

Liam: "Oh I I definitely will be getting some of those silver bullets this afternoon."

Storyteller:
Ray slowed down. "Yeah? You happen to talk to Brewer lately?"

Liam took the card and put it in his pocket. "Yeah, just today."

"Shit. These be your bullets." Ray extended the bag to you. "Did you hear what I said about Brewer screwing you over on what you need to hunt a wolf? These fifty going to be a bee sting."

Liam took the bag. "Wait, so they don't work?"

Storyteller: "No, I been telling you silver works. But what you got there is fifty silver bullets. How many beasts you see when you went to that plant?"

Liam: "Well, I'm not sure. Definitely more than two. Think there may have been a couple that were hiding or something."

Storyteller: "Last time I hunted a wolf, I brought fifty. Spent ten flushing the wolf out, left twenty on the back board of some hole in the wall club and the last twenty killed me a wolf. But it didn't kill his pack, see." Ray gave you a long look. "When I went back, I brought a weeks pay of silver bullets." Ray glanced at the clock. "Let me tell you what. You call Brewer, let him know about there being 3 wolves. I'll head back to my place and get the rest of my bullets. Meet back at Cafe about six." It was five PM now.

"Good idea. Thanks for everything Ray."

Liam pulled his phone out of his pocket and waited a c ouple seconds to see if Brewer was caling.

"See ya then." Ray replies. He heads out to his blue Dodge truck. As he opens the door, you spot him giving the trees acros the street a wary glance. He entered the truck and pulled away, headed home for his bullets.

Liam called Brewer.

Liam reached Brewer voice message, which requested that he leave a message.

Liam hung up.

Liam calls Chrissy.

Liam calls Chrissy' cell phone. After a moment, Chrissy's voice message comes on...

"Hey, Chrissy. It's Liam. Just wanted to know if you knew anything about a guy named Dino. I have some questions that only he probably knows the answer to. Hope things are going well in Detroit. Bye."

Liam suddenly remembers that Chriy was still in Detroit last time he'd talked to her. It seem the only hunter who wasn't busy was off gathering ammunition. This left Liam with an hour to kill.

Seryna

Back to top Go down

Post by cobrawax Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:44 am

Liam sighed and looked through his phonebook. He called Doc, who he remembered from the time at the meeting where his group's trip to Detroit began.
cobrawax
cobrawax

Back to top Go down

Post by ricohard Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:22 am

Doc pulled himself from under the car he'd been tuning and stands with a grunt. Moving to the phone he picks up the battered handset "Yes, What?" he asks gruffly.

ricohard

Back to top Go down

Post by cobrawax Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:35 am

"Hey, it's Liam. From back at that meeting. Anyway, you may have heard of this group of wolves holed up in an abandoned waste plant in the industrial district. Well, they've killed a lot of good men and I heard that they were spotted outside my home and right now the few people I know who could help me with this are out of town. I've talked to Ray and he said that he could set me up with some silver bullets. Thing is, he told me I can't do this alone."
cobrawax
cobrawax

Back to top Go down

Post by ricohard Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:48 am

Doc blinked at the stream of words that came out of the phone, taking a long moment to think over first who the guy was and then to try and parse the words out into sentences that made sense. "I ain't heard about no wolves." he says after a moments consideration "Not recently anyways. How'd you hear it from?" he was always wary of things that had been heard, they had a tendency to too often be wrong.

ricohard

Back to top Go down

Post by cobrawax Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:21 am

"I saw them myself. Well, they didn't look like wolves when I saw them, but there was definitely something weird about them. Anyway, Ray, who you might know, and Brewer filled me on what's been going on with them since I left. Ray told me they killed a guy working for Crawford, so I thought you might have known him or something."
cobrawax
cobrawax

Back to top Go down

Post by ricohard Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:56 am

It was all doc could do not to spit at the mention of that name. "What the hell you doing talking to that sack of problems?" he asks "I ain't touching anything if Brewer's close. The man's a fool and worse than many a greenhorn I've stood with." He say barely holding himself back from using much worse language, showing a lot of emotion for Doc. "Amyway Aweful lot o'things in this world are wierd." he cautions "doesn't make them wolves. What makes you sure you got the right things? don't do to turn up expecting one thing and get another."

ricohard

Back to top Go down

Post by cobrawax Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:25 am

Liam paused for a second as a result of the man's sudden show of emotion. "Well, they just seemed so...dog-like. And I think others have seen them turn into wolves. Plus they have this thing about territory and a feud with the fangs. If I wanted to make sure, there are some tests I can run, but I didn't feel like that was necessary."
cobrawax
cobrawax

Back to top Go down

Post by cobrawax Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:01 am

Liam stops at some stores on the way to Brewer's cafe in downtown, buying a newspaper and two flashlights with the credit card. He looks through the newspaper for any reports of missing animals or anything else that is unusual.
cobrawax
cobrawax

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum