Motor City Burning
Welcome to Motor City Burning: World of Darkness online role playing game. Due to the graphic, predatory nature of the violence and adult activities Kindred, Hunters, and the Created take part in, we require all players to be 18 years of age or older. If you are at least 18 and would like to play with us, hit the "Register" key and come on in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Motor City Burning
Welcome to Motor City Burning: World of Darkness online role playing game. Due to the graphic, predatory nature of the violence and adult activities Kindred, Hunters, and the Created take part in, we require all players to be 18 years of age or older. If you are at least 18 and would like to play with us, hit the "Register" key and come on in!
Motor City Burning
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a library!

Go down

This is a library! Empty This is a library!

Post by Seryna Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:04 pm

Dr. Chrissy Holandale:
The sun slowly sets over Salem, setting the horizon ablaze with the color of the dying sun. The citizens of Salem shuffle towards home- or out towards the venues of the night.
Dr. Chrissy Holandale:
138 | 06/25/2010 4:20 pm [Please set with where you are and what you're doing]
Greg:
Greg is reading his Bible in the safehouse he set up. The man was developing a habit of being in the safehouse before the sun went down, as much as possible these nights.
Liam Tonge:
Liam is at the library, researching vampires and seeing if anything matches up with the one's he's seen.
Dr. Chrissy Holandale:
"Liam," the Union Doctor approaches Liam, walking up to where he is working within the library. She appears more put together than the last encounter that you had with her. She wears a loose fitting blue jeans and a generously sized lavender sweater. Her short blond hair is free, curling about her ears. "- I wanted to speak to you. I may have been a bit alarming the last time that we met."
Liam Tonge:
The Doctor startles Liam for a second as his mind is somewhere else. "Huh, what?" He turns to Chrissy. "Oh, hey Chrissy. What's up? You scared me there."
Dave:
Dave is repairing his welding gear in the small en suite room above the hardware store.
Dr. Chrissy Holandale:
"Sorry." The blonde sinks into a chair across from Liam. she glances at the books on the table for a moment, giving Liam a quizzical look. "I could ask you the same thing, by the looks of it. Has much gone on in the last couple days?"

Riley Donaldson:
*Riley Donaldson is in the process of leaveing his campus office after a busy day of teaching American history.*
Liam Tonge:
Liam nods. "Yeah. It's alright."
Greg:
Greg finishes reading a passage from the book of Revelations and takes a moment to meditate on it. Then the man gets to his feet and heads to his van parked just up the dirt path from the log cabin safehouse. It was time for the hunt to begin...the good Deacon calls Liam's cellphone.
Dr. Chrissy Holandale:
"I suppose that you haven't met him?" Chrissy asks, glancing at Liam. she reaches into her purse and draws out her cell phone. "Actually, I want to see if I can get ahold of Dave or his cell. Just a second..." The doctor presses a number on her speed dial, sending out a call to Dave.

Dave:
Dave answered, annoyed. The patch job wasn't going so great. "Yeah?"
Liam Tonge:
Liam opens his mouth like he was about the say something, but he realizes his phone is ringing and answers the call. "Liam speaking."
Greg:
"Its Greg, what are you up to?" The man climbs into his van and starts driving up the dirt road toward the high way.
Management:
As Riley walks through the campus, his shoulder i jostled. Glancing over, he sees a college aged Caucasian young man, muscle bound and tall. The man struts down the hall as the others part way for him. Behind the Professor, someone rubs his arm and mutters "Dumb jock."
Dr. Chrissy Holandale:
"Dave, its Dr. Hollandale." The Doctor greets Dave. "I was actually wondering if you're group was doing anything tonight. I may have something that I could use help with."
Liam Tonge:
"I'm doing some research at the library. Chrissy's here too by the way."
Riley Donaldson:
"Excuse me." *He glances at the young man as he says it, shaking his head before moving on. There were enough disrepectful students on campus this doesn't surprise him too much and after his comment, he doesn't pay the young man anymore attention.*
Dave:
"No group stuff. And nothing I'm doing's getting done anytime soon. What's going on." Dave grunted as he fumbled a soldering iron.
Greg: "Alright great. I'll meet you over there." Greg hangs up the phone.
Management:
As the jock strides towards the parking lot, he bumps into another man. An exchange of words- loud, angry words- can be heard, drifting over to where Riley stands. None of his business, right? Other students stride by the altercation in the parking lot, averting their eyes. Suddenly, there's an angry shout and the sound of breaking glass. Glancing about, Riley surmises that a car window was just broken in the parking lot.
Liam Tonge:
Liam picks up his sketchpad, which he was using to take notes and goes over the notes again.
Liam Tonge:
He hangs up.
Dr. Chrissy Holandale:
"To be honest, I think I may have made a mistake." Chrissy glances at Liam and stands, stepping away a few steps and resumes speaking quietly.
Riley Donaldson:
"What the...?" *He looks about for the source as he pulls out his cell phone and dials campus security*

Dr. Chrissy Holandale:
(Whisper to Dave)

Management:
Campus security comes on the line, asking what sort of emergency was occurring. In the parking lot, there is a pained cry. The jocks' voice, most likely. He really sounds as though he's in serious pain...
Dr. Chrissy Holandale:
138 | 06/25/2010 4:51 pm (Whisper to Dave)
Riley Donaldson:
"This is Professor Riley Donaldson, history department. There's some sort of fight with student going on in the parking lot; I'm hearing glass get broken." *He gives a quick description of the jock from earlier* "I'm pretty certain this is one of the students involved."
Greg:
Greg pulls up to the library parking lot in his rental van. He checks his cellphone. Another email from Pastor Mike about missing an appointment. Greg frowns a bit, then heads inside.
Dave:
163 | 06/25/2010 4:52 pm (Whisper to Dr. Chrissy Holandale)

Jock:
A terrible shout sounds from the parking lot. The jock stumbles into view and collapses onto the ground. He is gripping his left hand which is gushing a great deal of blood. A horrible amount, truly. The Jock is pale and shaking on the ground. The man he'd had the altercation with strides away, towards the exit. He seems... bigger now. Larger for sure, and unkempt, with all of that long brown facial hair. Is that blood smeared across his chest?
Dr. Hollandale:
"Good idea." Chrissy replies. "See you then." She ends the call and glances over to see Greg entering the library.
Riley Donaldson:
*Riley looks between perpetrator and Jock. Seeing the Jock's condition, he decides to check on the Jock on the ground; security will deal with the other guy. He quickly moves over to the Jock's side.* "Can you hear me? Help is on the way." *He says in as comforting a way as possible.*
Dave:
Dave threw some gear into a gym bag and left for the library.
Greg:
"Liam, Chrissy, peace be with you both." The Deacon walks over to converse. "How are you all doing tonight?"
Dr. Hollandale:
The Jock peers up at Riley from the ground blearily. "Freak..." He gasped, gripping his bleeding hand to his chest. "Freak bit me." The blood now coats the mans' shirt, promising that medical intervention is needed.
Liam Tonge:
Liam shrugs and goes back to the book he was reading before.
Dr. Hollandale:
"Fair enough." Chrissy replied, resuming her seat across from Liam. "I was just talking to Liam about what you've been up to."
Dave:
Dave entered, unkempt and stained with grease and grime. "Evening," he grunted, throwing down the bag.
Management:
Spare Rogue has changed rooms to Territories
Riley Donaldson:
*He blinked, completely caught off guard by this.* "Bit you? What happened? He just came up and bit you?" *Riley didn't know any first aid, but knew enough to keep the Jock's mind off of this.* "What's your name? Security is on its way, they'll be able to treat you." *He glances around the lot, looking for the attacker to make certain he is gone.*
Management:
Greg has rolled an Lying roll (5 dice), getting 3, 3, 9, 5, 3, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die. Greg has 1 success.
Dr. Hollandale:
"I- I-" The man stutters. As Riley glances around, he receives a shock. Far from gone, the attacker is approaching you! He is moving at a quick lope, the blood smears on his shirt lending a dangerous, freakish aspect to him.
Management:
Dave has rolled an Get lied to roll (4 dice), getting 9, 4, 2, 10, 10, 6, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die. Dave has 3 successes.
Greg:
"Yes we were looking into Brewer a bit. He didn't reveal much to us though."
Liam Tonge:
Liam glances up at Dave. "Hey." he says in an exhausted voice. He goes back to his book.
Management:
A pale man who was about five foot three and in jeans and a t-shirt was walking through the area with a stack of books. He was shaking as if he were a junkie.
Chrissy:
"Dave." Chrissy greeted warmly. "It's good to see you. I've been meaning to fill you in on this whole-" She blinks, looking past him at the odd, shaking man.
Riley Donaldson:
*Eyes widening, he pulls his pepper spray out of a pocket.* "I've already called the police and they're on the way. You're better off leaving if you don't want them to get you." *He says this in an authoritative voice, one he uses on his students to get them to attention.*
Dave:
Dave searched for a chair. "Fill away."
Chrissy:
Far from being intimidated, the man continues his approach towards Riley. He doesn't speak or acknowledge the threats, he simply glares at you with a cold, calculating gaze. Suddenly he is right in front of you, having moved at an impossible speed. Fear is far from his eyes, but he bears down on you with a bloody scowl.
Liam Tonge:
Liam's eyes follow the shaking man. He tries to figure out what's wrong with him.
Management:
Liam Tonge has rolled an Empathy roll (4 dice), getting 4, 3, 8, 2, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die. Liam Tonge has 1 success.
Riley Donaldson:
*Riley starts involuntarily at the man(?)'s speed, and instinct goes him to use the pepper spray in the attacker's face.*
Management:
Riley Donaldson has rolled an pepper spray Dex + Athletics -1 die roll (3 dice), getting 7, 5, 10, 5, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die. Riley Donaldson has 1 success.

The man howls as the pepper spray hits him. Tossing his head, his jaw opens as he opens and closes his mouth rapidly. You are alarmed at the disfigured state of his bloodied teeth. It certainly seems as though there is blood in his mouth. Quickly - much too quickly- the man blinks blearily and turns on you, swiping at your arm.
Management:
Chrissy has rolled an Crazed man roll (5 dice), getting 10, 3, 5, 5, 9, 2, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die. Chrissy has 2 successes.
Chrissy:
(Whisper to Riley Donaldson) The man's fist connects with Riley's arm, causing pain to shoot up and down the arm. The man bellows in triumph.
Chrissy:
(Whisper to Riley Donaldson) [Ouch. Thats 2 points of bashing damage...]
Riley Donaldson:
"Aagh!!" *Riley yells in pain, likely dropping the less-than-helpful pepper spray. He immediately backs away from the maniac.* ((and we can consider Riley to be dodging from here on out))

Management:
The junkie looking fellow was non descript except for his shaking and a gold ring with a blue stone on his right hand.

Across the room a woman who was reading turned a page and cried out. She immediately put her finger into her mouth and sucked on it with signs of pain on her face. The shaking man turned and looked at the woman, forgetting about his books.
Chrissy:
The man turns on you, his reddened and agitated eyes a terrible sight to behold. They still seem to operate as he zeroes in on and approaches you with a terrible, single minded focus. You are loath to be struck again by this oddly strong monster. You called the security. Perhaps living to see another day would be best here?

Liam Tonge:
Liam approaches the junkie looking fellow. "Dude, are you feeling alright?" Liam tries to get a quick glance at the books.
Riley Donaldson:
*Riley was not a fighter. He begins to run away from the lunatic, hoping the Jock will be alright and ignored long enough for security to show. He begins running towards to the first building he sees. Perhaps it is because it is a source of comfort to him, or perhaps it was luck, but that building ends up being the library.*
Greg:
"What on Earth?" Greg mutters in disbelief as he watches the scene unfold.
Management:
"Yes," he said weakly. "I, how you say, so hungry can eat ass out of dead rhino virus." He had a thick Italian accent.
Management:
All the books he was holding were on Ancient Rome and Roman history.
Management:
Riley flees from the university parking lot, taking refuge in the local library. Glancing behind him, he does not see the cray man approaching. He does, however, hear a siren. Riley presumes security has acted on his call. Glancing around, the library seems quiet today. Not many places to hide if the man pursues him. A more secluded area is spotted towards the back, by the older, groaning wooden research tables.
Liam Tonge:
"Oh, cool. I was just wondering if I should call an ambulance or tell them to get the sawdust out." Liam goes back to his seat.
Management:
"No," the Italian said as he began to wander towards the woman with the paper cut.
Greg:
Greg just looked about not sure what to do. "Is she having a seizure?" He mutters.
Riley Donaldson:
*Breathing a sigh of relief, he approaches the librarian or whomever is at the desk. Holding his arm in pain, he calls out.* "You should call security if you see a crazed-looking man come in here." *He then continues moving back, looking over his shoulder, as he dials security a second time.* "Hello, I just called you earlier about the fight in the parking lot."
Chrissy:
The doctor leans forward, watching the Italian approaching the man with concern. "Odd..." She murmured, standing from her chair. She steps closer, watching the woman's' hand.
Management:
In the library there is a loud and terrific feminine scream. Those that look see the Italian man on top of her and attempting to bite her...
Dave:
"Jesus Poledancing Christ," Dave exclaims, clutching the gun in his gym bag. "This is a library!"
Management:
The librarian leans after Riley, but then recoils as a scream rips through the library. The hefty woman hides beneath her massive reception desk, out of sight.
Liam Tonge:
"Fuck me." Liam mutters and gets under the desk. He notes the Italian man's facial features in case he needs to make a sketch of him.
Riley Donaldson:
(Whisper to Liam Tonge, Campus Security:, Greg, Dave, Spare Rogue) ((In case he gets in sight))
*Riley appears to be a caucasian male in his late 30s, who is a little on the shorter side, roughly 5’7” and slightly round in the middle, but generally strong due to long periods of time outdoors and maneuvering historical objects and working at dig sites. Despite his time outdoors, his features are pale, with dark hair that tends to stand up, intense blue eyes, and a slightly longer nose. He is dressed in brown khakis, white button-up shirt, and a sweater vest close to the university's colors. He currently wears wire-rim glasses.*
Greg:
Greg cringes for a moment but then decides to take action. He moves in to grapple the man, attempting to restrain him.
Campus Security::
(Whisper to Riley Donaldson) "Yes, sir, a man is being seen to by paramedics. Campus police are responding to an attacker..."
Management:
Greg has rolled an grapple (willpower used) roll (6 dice), getting 7, 5, 3, 10, 3, 3, 7, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die. Greg has 1 success.
Riley Donaldson:
(Whisper to Liam Tonge, Campus Security:, Greg, Dave, Spare Rogue) *Oh, and he's currently cradling his right arm while trying to talk to apparently security*
Dave:
(What's the defense?)
Riley Donaldson:
"Good." *He says into his cellphone.* "The attacker came back; I sprayed him with pepper spray, but that just seemed to make him angry and he attacked me. I managed to get away. I'm currently in the library-" *He stops at the sound of the scream.* "Good Lord I think he's in the library now."
Spare Rogue:
(1)
Management:
Greg has rolled an grapple willpower roll (5 dice), getting 9, 5, 8, 4, 4, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die. Greg has 2 successes.
Spare Rogue:
sorry, 2
Liam Tonge:
Liam runs after Greg and attempts to grapple the guy as well.
Campus Security::
(Whisper to Riley Donaldson) "Sir, please remain calm- " There's a cackle and Riley's phone beeps, suddenly dropping the call.
Greg:
152 | 06/25/2010 5:41 pm (re-rolled that to take into account defense)

Riley Donaldson:
"Hello? Hello!?" *Attempting to redial, He heads towards the sounds of the screaming against his better judgement.*
Spare Rogue:
Security is running towards the scene but the guy is strong. He's being held by Greg. He has fangs brandished and is trying to bite the woman.
Dr. Chrissy Hollandale:
"Oh shit." The Doctor starts finally tearing her eyes from the man, Greg and Liam. She stares at the wounded woman, willing herself to move. She seems very frightened, but moves to try and pull the woman away from the man in Greg's hold.
Management:
Dr. Chrissy Hollandale has rolled an Chrissy tries to free woman roll (1 dice), getting 9, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die. Dr. Chrissy Hollandale has 1 success.

Liam Tonge:
(Do I need to subtract anything from the grapple?)
Dave:
Dave wades on over, leaving the gun in the bag. He goes to stomp the attacker hard in the back.
Spare Rogue:
Chrissy, succeeds, barely. The Italian man tries to break free from the grapple... (What is Greg's str? please)
Management:
Dave has rolled an All out eggs to the spine with gotdanged willpower roll (12 dice), getting 2, 6, 8, 6, 2, 5, 6, 6, 9, 3, 10, 8, 8, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die. Dave has 5 successes.
Greg:
(str 2)

Spare Rogue:
The Italian man suddenly goes limp and becomes dead weight and the room becomes eerily silent by comparison.

Riley Donaldson:
06/25/2010 6:08 pm *He nods.* "Doctor, I'm Professor Donaldson. There should be security out in the parking lot, but another man just tried to do this same attack to me and a student in the parking lot. They should have extra paramedics out there already." *He glances at the group, noting the actions the Italian man made with the ring and heads towards the group, staying out of the Italian's reach.*
Liam Tonge:
06/25/2010 6:09 pm Liam angrily kicks the Italian man.
Management:
06/25/2010 6:09 pm Liam Tonge has rolled an Kick w/ willpower roll (4 dice), getting 2, 10, 2, 2, 4, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die. Liam Tonge has 1 success.
Liam Tonge:
06/25/2010 6:10 pm "Sick bastard." he mutters
Spare Rogue:
06/25/2010 6:11 pm The man lost consciousness again
Riley Donaldson:
06/25/2010 6:13 pm *He looks at the group around the Italian.* "The police should be able to take care of him. What would make people do something like this?" *He looks to see if the Italian is still holding the ring or if he dropped it*
Dr. Chrissy Hollandale:
06/25/2010 6:14 pm Chrissy has not returned yet, likely trying to get patrons out of the library.
Spare Rogue:
06/25/2010 6:17 pm The ring has been dropped as the paramedics arrive and begin to work on the guy. The put him on a cart and being to wheel him out after putting a sheet over his head.
Riley Donaldson:
06/25/2010 6:18 pm *Curious, gets down on his knees, wincing with his hurt arm, and looks at the ring carefully, not touching it to avoid contamination.*
Liam Tonge:
06/25/2010 6:20 pm Liam turns to Riley and shrugs. "It's like he said: He was hungry."
Greg:
06/25/2010 6:20 pm "How did the picture turn out Liam?" Greg asks once more as he watches the man warily.
Spare Rogue:
06/25/2010 6:21 pm The ring looks incredibly old. download/file.php?id=2
Liam Tonge:
06/25/2010 6:21 pm "He's blurred." says Liam flatly
Liam Tonge:
06/25/2010 6:22 pm Liam takes the camera and takes a photo of the ring as well.
Management:
06/25/2010 6:23 pm Riley Donaldson has rolled an Wits + Investigation Artifacts specialty +1 roll (7 dice), getting 5, 2, 3, 4, 2, 9, 7, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die. Riley Donaldson has 1 success.
Spare Rogue:
06/25/2010 6:23 pm The photo shows the ring and a couple of transluscent grey orbs.
Riley Donaldson:
06/25/2010 6:24 pm (Whisper to Dr. Chrissy Hollandale, Spare Rogue) ((Does he get any extra info from the roll?))
Spare Rogue:
06/25/2010 6:24 pm Riley remembers reading something about an Ancient Roman legend about a ring that harnessed the power of the sun.
Liam Tonge:
06/25/2010 6:24 pm Liam motions for Greg to come over to him. "Woah. Hey, Greg, take a look at this."
Greg:
06/25/2010 6:24 pm "Vampire." Greg mutters as he takes a step back. He looks to Dave and Liam. "We can't let the authorities take him away. Who knows how many more will be attacked before the sun rises?"
Riley Donaldson:
06/25/2010 6:25 pm ((Uh, did Greg just say that out loud or was he keeping that quiet amongst you three?))
Greg:
06/25/2010 6:25 pm (feel free to over hear it)
Dr. Chrissy Hollandale:
06/25/2010 6:26 pm [...officially welcome to the nancy tribe Wink]
Dave:
06/25/2010 6:26 pm "How we gonna do that? Not like we can stomp rent-a-cops."
Riley Donaldson:
06/25/2010 6:27 pm *Riley's examination of the ring stops when he overhears what Greg said.* "Vampires? Did I really just hear you say that?"
Liam Tonge:
06/25/2010 6:28 pm "Maybe you could follow him." Liam suggests
Dave:
06/25/2010 6:29 pm "Jesus wept." Dave muttered. "This is a three ringed circus."
Management:
06/25/2010 6:29 pm Spare Rogue has left the Territories
Dr. Chrissy Hollandale:
06/25/2010 6:31 pm As you discuss the situation, you can hear a commotion outside. Either the police are preparing for transit or something is occurring outside...
Greg:
06/25/2010 6:31 pm Greg looks at the picture Liam took and nods. His attention becomes diverted back to Riley. "You can see the fangs just as well as anyone else can. Believe what you want, but I know the spawn of satan when I see it." Greg frowns a bit as he looks about.
Riley Donaldson:
06/25/2010 6:33 pm *He shakes his head in disbelief as he stands up.* "I can accept a lot of strange things, including the two attackers being part of some strange cult and/or on drugs. But...that's, that's absurd."
Dave:
06/25/2010 6:35 pm "That's great, Greg," Dave mumbled wearily. "There's a shitstorm going on outside, come on. Condemn the spawn of suess or whatever on your own time."
Dave:
06/25/2010 6:35 pm Dave peeks out of the window.
Riley Donaldson:
06/25/2010 6:38 pm *He looks between Dave, Greg, and Liam.* "How did this start in here?"
Dr. Chrissy Hollandale:
06/25/2010 6:38 pm Looking out of the window reviews that there is some trouble outside. Dave firsts sees the gurney, absent of the Italian, roll by. The sheet flaps in the breeze. There's a shout as a paramedic is knocked against the gurney, sprawling onto the floor. Another man in a paramedics uniform lays on the floor, barely conscious and groaning. Two security guards seem to be in a holding pattern around the ambulance as the door is pulled shut from the inside.
Management:
06/25/2010 6:40 pm Seratone has changed rooms to Territories
Liam Tonge:
06/25/2010 6:42 pm (Damn you chat.)
Dr. Chrissy Hollandale:
06/25/2010 6:42 pm Doctor Hollandale enters Dave's line of sight, standing alongside the ambulance. Ignoring the security men at the back of the ambulance, she walks towards the front of the ambulance and peers into the window. She suddenly darts down, as though to avoid being seen by someone in the cab of the ambulance
Seratone:
06/25/2010 6:44 pm Greg nods to Dave. "Alright come on then." He heads outside to see what is going on for himself and gestures for the others to follow.
Liam Tonge:
06/25/2010 6:44 pm Liam runs outside.
Riley Donaldson:
06/25/2010 6:45 pm *Riley looks back at the ring for a moment before taking off his sweater vest and carefully picking the ring up with it. He then follows the others outside.*
Dave:
06/25/2010 6:46 pm Dave picks up his kit and makes his way outside.
Dr. Chrissy Hollandale:
06/25/2010 6:48 pm As they head outside, they note the two paramedics sprawled on the ground. Two campus security guards face the door of the ambulance, mace in hand. The Doctor crouches by the passenger side door of the ambulance, looking afraid.
Dr. Chrissy Hollandale:
06/25/2010 6:54 pm [would every one like to take a quick break?]
Riley Donaldson:
06/25/2010 6:55 pm *He grabs Dave by the shoulder in as unaggressive way as possible.* "There was a second attacker out here. Pepper spray didn't seem to do much to him."
Dave:
06/25/2010 6:55 pm [sure]

The Professor walked down the campus library steps, having just had a fascinating discussion with a student on forensical ethics as he helped her to find a book to aid her in completing her latest assignment. Sometimes he regretted the fact that being a Hunter now only left him able to do the teaching job he still loved so much part-time, but both were equally important to him. As he turned a corner towards the campus exit, he noticed the ambulance, the sprawled paramedics and a very familiar face that drew him to walk over. "Doctor Hollandale?" The Professor was surprised to see her here and also worried for the implications of what that could mean.

Storyteller
"Professor!" The Doctor exclaimed, waving at him worriedly. "Get down! " She hissed to him. "There's a vampire in the cab of this ambulance. I-I think he's going to try and drive it away."

The Professor frowned. If this vampire got away, it could kill a number of innocent people before they found it again. But on the other hand, if they prevent its departure, it had a whole campus full of innocents it would kill..

Liam Tonge:"Uh, Dave, you have any ideas?"

Seryna:
The doctor's fears were confirmed as the ambulance lurched forward, then unexpectedly stopped. The two men in blue security uniforms began to shout, still at the rear of the ambulance. "Stop!" One shouted. "The police have been called, exit the ambulance immediately!" In response, the ambulance lurched forward again, this time about four feet. You watch in surprise as the wheels began to realign towards the road that led out into Salem proper...

Roman shuffled his feet as he neared the library. His mind was still clouded by the insanity that he seemed to be encountering every day he spent in Salem. He was starting to feel like he world was conspiring against him, punishing him for some imaginary wrong. When he finally brought his eyes up, what greeted his sight did nothing to soothe his mind. What the hell was it this time?

Staring at the license plate, the Professor started mumbling the numbers and letters to himself, committing them to memory while they were still before him.

Liam tries to get a glimpse of the driver of the ambulance.
Storyteller
The driver of the ambulance is clearly the crazed Italian from the library. His eyes appear wild and unfocused. Hie appears to be trying to drive the ambulance with one hand. The ambulance lurches forward and swerves onto the road. Another car slams on its brakes to avoid a collision, honking loudly.

Doctor Hollandale hurries to Liam's side, clearly distraught. "Is it a bad thought that the best thing he could do tonight is to cause an accident?" She wonders. "Where is it going?"

Liam Tonge:
"He's gone insane. There's no telling what he'll do. My guess is that he'll leave town, but it could be something a lot worse. Or he could come back after us."
AeonThePhoenix:
"Better us than an innocent member of the public." The Professor threw in his opinion.
Storyteller:
As you watch, the ambulance veers about the street. Instead of driving down the road, it crosses the double yellow line of the street and drives into the curb of the entrance to the University parking lot. The vampire seems unable to navigate the front tire of of the ambulance. The driver's side door opens and the Italian vampire stumbles out. He moves with a jerky manner, a disoriented expression on its face. It doesn't seem to be afflicted by the back injury or the facial injury that Dave and Liam had afflicted earlier. The vampire stumbles into the university parking lot on foot. Raising your eyes, you are alarmed to see that the parking lot is full, suggesting that students are navigating the parking lot this very minute.

Roman watched as the ambulance took off. He wondered what craziness he had just missed out on. Part of him was relieved he had come late. However that nagging human curiosity was eating away at his common sense.

AeonThePhoenix:
One of the rare moments in which the Professor uttered a profane curse word happened as the man stood witness to what had just happened. "After him quickly, before he attacks the students!"
Liam Tonge:
Liam remembered a method that Greg always used for dispatching vampires. He ran into the crowd of students and yelled "DOES ANYONE HAVE SOME HAIRSPRAY AND A LIGHTER?"
Storyteller:
Several people stop and stare at Liam as though he has grown a second head- with terrible breath. Let one girl begins to rummage through her purse. "Um, I do. Whats going on?"
Liam Tonge:
"Believe me. It's an emergency. I wouldn't trouble you if it wasn't." says Liam as he rummages through the purse.
Storyteller:
Liam manages to find a lighter and hairspray, as well as a pack of cigarettes. The girl indicates he an have them, although she stares at him with great alarm.
Roman:
Roman eyed the man who demanded hairspray. The crazies just came out of the wood work in this town. Next there would people running down the streets screaming for people to give them their pants. He was beginning to think this city was going to end up giving him an aneurysm.
Liam Tonge:
"Thank you miss. God bless you." says Liam as he looks for the Italian.

Storyteller:
The Italian veers about the parking lot, a fair ways ahead of Liam. He runs along a row of cars, swooping to check the license plate before moving on. He pauses at a blue 98' Honda Accord and drops to his knees, checking the rear well. He comes up with a key that he uses to open the door...

Liam Tonge:
"He's getting into the blue car!" Liam yells
AeonThePhoenix:
The Professor dashed forward, abandoning caution and drawing his cane sword to ruin the nearest tyre.
Management:
0 | 06/28/2010 2:46 pm AeonThePhoenix has rolled an Tyre Slash! roll (1 dice), getting 4, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die. AeonThePhoenix has failed the roll.

Storyteller:
Getting into - and starting the ignition! The car jumps to life as the vampire closes the door and slams the car into reverse, very nearly hitting the professor. Nearby students clamor with alarm as they hurry away as he badly navigates pulling forward, towards the exit of the parking lot.
AeonThePhoenix:
Resheathing his canesword rapidly the Professor shouted for the students to move aside very quickly, again repeating the license plate over and over in his head.

Storyteller:
The car lurched forward- at the same time that another car was backing out. The blue honda veered away, but spun mightily and lurched to a stop. The other car laid on the horn angrily.
Dave:
Dave ran over to the Honda and attempts to smash the drivers window with the butt of his gun.
Management:
Dave has rolled an Str+Wep+1 roll (8 dice), getting 7, 7, 9, 5, 2, 2, 9, 3, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die. Dave has 2 successes.
Storyteller:
The driver side door of the blue honda opened and the Italian vampire snarls with surprise and anger, gesturing angrily at Dave. His face is pale and pasty, his eyes are cruel, hard - and glint with murderous intent. He lunges forwad, reaching out of the window to try and grab Dave's gun.
Management: Storyteller has rolled 3 dice, getting 4, 10, 2, 2, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die. Storyteller has 1 success.
Liam Tonge:
Liam runs over to the Honda. And tries to hit the vampire with the hairspray thing.
Management:
0 | 06/28/2010 3:06 pm Liam Tonge has rolled an Athletics + Dex + w/p roll (6 dice), getting 3, 9, 10, 8, 5, 8, 8, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die. Liam Tonge has 5 successes.
AeonThePhoenix:
The Professor re-drew his canesword and had another go at the nearest tyre.
Management:
AeonThePhoenix has rolled an Tyre Slash + Willpower roll (4 dice), getting 9, 7, 10, 2, 7, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die. AeonThePhoenix has 2 successes.

Storyteller:Dave's gun is gripped by the vampire as he breaks the window, effectively halting the vampires' route of escape. Liam races up besides Dean and quickly utilizes his borrowed items as Greg had shown him, creating a makeshift flame thrower. Heat blossoms on dean & Laim's arms, making the hairs there very nervous. Its nothing compared to the vampire within the car who receives the flame directly to his torso. The scream from within the car is terrible and inhuman, a long, pained keel. The smell of burning flesh and hair hangs heavy in the air, let the vampire is truly a beast now. With desperation, it hurtles through the interior of the car like a vampiric maltov, crashing out of the passenger side of the car. He rolls onto the ground, his scream causing the people about to tremble with fear.

Liam tries to overcome his terror and discreetly take a photograph of the flaming vampire.
Management:
0 | 06/28/2010 3:18 pm AeonThePhoenix has rolled an Off With Its Head! (will) roll (5 dice), getting 7, 7, 5, 7, 7, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die. AeonThePhoenix has failed the roll.

Dave weaves around the Honda, and up to the vamp, racking his gun. He takes aim at the thrashing thing's head and squeezes the trigger.
Management:
0 | 06/28/2010 3:20 pm Dave has rolled an Dex+Firearms+3-3+Wp(3) roll (10 dice), getting 8, 7, 10, 3, 1, 7, 1, 9, 2, 5, 2, 9, 5, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die. Dave has 4 successes. This roll used the 9-again rule.
AeonThePhoenix:
The Professor blinked. "Well that was certainly more effective than this thing..."
Storyteller:
With a final howl of agony from the vampire, Dave lines up his shot. he has tremendous success as his shot tears through the vampires head, effectively ending the terrible noises. The flames seem to consume the body as it falls onto the parking lot pavement. Within a few moments, hot ash blows in the wind.
Dave:
"Wasn't that some shit," Dave concurs, racking the gun and searching for the shell casing.
Liam Tonge:
"Uh, I guess?" said Liam putting the lighter and hairspray in his pockets. "
Storyteller:
As Dave leans down to retrieve the casing, papers from within the Honda blow onto the ground in front of him. The paper appears to be a high qaulity paper with delicate, handwritten sentiments across them- a letter. A white envelope rests on the passenger side seat, fighting the wind to remain.

Seryna

http://shadowclaw.proboards.com

Back to top Go down