Motor City Burning
Welcome to Motor City Burning: World of Darkness online role playing game. Due to the graphic, predatory nature of the violence and adult activities Kindred, Hunters, and the Created take part in, we require all players to be 18 years of age or older. If you are at least 18 and would like to play with us, hit the "Register" key and come on in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Motor City Burning
Welcome to Motor City Burning: World of Darkness online role playing game. Due to the graphic, predatory nature of the violence and adult activities Kindred, Hunters, and the Created take part in, we require all players to be 18 years of age or older. If you are at least 18 and would like to play with us, hit the "Register" key and come on in!
Motor City Burning
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dinner

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Dinner Empty Dinner

Post by Seratone Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:35 pm

Later on in the afternoon Harold ran into Jonas.

He tells Harold that he found Harold's car without incident and had towed it back to his shop. He said the car didn't look too bad and that he would take a look at it tomorrow morning.

Then Harold and Jonas went back to the trailer to have dinner with Beth.

The woman answers the door with a smile. "I'm glad you both could make it, come inside."

The woman had managed to clean up the trailer a bit and even managed to set a table. Chicken wings, mashed potatoes, and drinks were all lid out for them when they arrived.

When everyone had settled down, Beth ventured some conversation.

"So, Harold, you don't sound like you are around here, where are yah from?"

Jonas looked like he was going to say something but started coughing instead.

"

Seratone

Back to top Go down

Dinner Empty Re: Dinner

Post by Innerlight Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:46 pm

Harold stops to ponder what Jonas was going to say but he didn't press the issue. He didn't particularly like talking about himself, but it was the inevitable first stop on all conversations next to what do you do for a living. Harold didn't start eating until everyone else did, but he intended to chow down. "I'm from all over but I'm originally from Minnesota. I moved around so much when I was young I can't really claim to be from anywhere. What about you Beth you seem to have some interesting stories to impart, any little tidbit will do I'm on the road so much I rarely get to talk?", he asked with genuine interest.
Innerlight
Innerlight

http://www.draugrim.com/

Back to top Go down

Dinner Empty Jack Returns...

Post by Seratone Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:29 am

Beth looks over at Jonas as he coughs.

Jonas clears his throats and mutters. “Ugh I feel awful, I swear I must be coming down with something.”

Beth: “You should get more sleep Jonas. Yah been pushing yourself too hard lately. That can’t be a good thing.”

The woman looks back to Harold and nods.

“So you’re a traveling Doctor from Minnesota. Well ain’t that something. My own life isn’t really that interesting. I’ve been in this town my whole life. Sort of wanted to go to college, but never really got around to it.”

As Beth’s voice trails off, the door to the trailer bursts open and a wiry bearded man steps inside. His clothes are ragged and he carries a half filled bottle of whiskey with him.

“Well I’ll be damned, if it isn’t my good for nothing wife and cousin. Thanks for helping me get bailed out of jail!” The new-comers voice was angry and full of hate.

Beth looks visibly frightened by the man’s sudden appearance and stammers.

“Jack I’m sorry, I thought the jail was closed. We were going ta do it in the morning.”

Jack snorts as he pulls up a seat at the table across from Harold.

He glares at Harold.

Jack: Now who the hell is this igit?

Jonas looks back. “He’s a friend of mine Jack, a Doctor. Leave him be.”

Jack glares at Harold again before muttering. “Well I don’t like the look of him. You brought a strange man into my house.”

He glares at Beth next. “And you made dinner for him too!”

Seratone

Back to top Go down

Post by Innerlight Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:45 am

"I can't seem to find a permanent practice anywhere probably need to seriously renew my licenses", he said more musing to himself then explaining. "You really should go back to school if you can. I could help you if you wanted... monetarily, if you're serious", Harold said without the the slightest bit of jest in his voice. Harold had a soft spot for people that wanted to better themselves. He took obvious notice of Jonas symptoms, but didn't speak on them. He didn't start to worry until the symptoms began to become real, not worried for his own safety, moreso for the benefit of the human

When this Jack character walks into the picture Harold smiles sarcastically to himself, though some of his amusement might have slipped out a bit unconsciously. "Hello I'm Harold", said the medical dummy with no concern for this mans state of mind, no hint of caution in his voice or any trepidation. He stood if Jack didn't sit so that he could introduce himself
Innerlight
Innerlight

Back to top Go down

Post by Seratone Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:48 pm

Jack glares across the table at Harold as he introduces himself before taking a quick swig of the whiskey bottle.

"I don't care who you are. I want you outta my house right now!" Jack yells, slamming the bottle onto the table to emphasize the point.

"Jonas, take your friend and get out."

Beth gets to her feet and pleads. "Well why do they have to leave? I made dinner for all of us, and there's plenty of food for everyone."

Jack sneers. "Like I'm gonna listen to a thing you have to say after yah invite these two over here to celebrate that I'm rotting in prison. Now when these two leave, you and me is gonna have a little chat..."

Jonas gets to his feet, wide eyed. His expression conveys that something ugly may be happening shortly and he doesn't want to be there for it.

"Alright Jack, we'll leave yah be." Jonas moves to the door and looks to Harold, expecting him to follow.

But the look on Beth's face says she doesn't want to be left alone with Jack...

Seratone

Back to top Go down

Post by Innerlight Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:19 pm

Harold smiles, but takes a look at Beth, it was an important look because if she hadn't made it he wouldn't have hesitated to just walk out with Jonas. She seemed stuck in her situation, but seeing he wasn't going to stay long if he intervened too hard her punishment for disobedience would just be more severe. The medical dummy thought to brandish the pistol tucked in the back of his track suit but immediately dispelled that notion. He checked his pepper spray in his pocket, but didn't pull it out yet. He hoped he could diffuse this situation without any violence.

Harold pauses before picking up his bags, "I need a quick word with your wife, I'll be waiting right outside", said the medical dummy picking up his gear and taking a few steps out of the trailer. Their was gravity to his words as if he didn't plan to disappear and was going to be right outside

Spoiler:
Innerlight
Innerlight

Back to top Go down

Post by Seratone Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:29 pm

"Fine wait outside then." Jack glares at you as he slams the door shut, and with that a quiet silence descends on the area.

Jonas decides to wait it out with Harold, looking at the trailer nervously to see what happens next.

A few minutes pass by before the trailer door opens and Beth walks out.

"He finally passed out from all the drinking. Thanks for sticking around Harold. I don't know what would have happened if he started acting up again."

Jonas shakes his head.

"If I was you, I would leave that good for nothing cousin of mine. The man's simply no good."

Beth shoots Jonas a stern look.

"Don't be saying things like that Jonas, its none of your business anyhow."

"Now you two should probably get going before he wakes up again..."

Seratone

Back to top Go down

Post by Innerlight Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:58 pm

Harold smiles with more concern for Beth's well being then he could ever muster for himself. "I try not to give advice that isn't of a medical nature, and I like to keep my opinions to myself. You know what's healthy for yourself and what's harmful, I'm not going to point out the obvious. I'm a doctor I fix problems, if you have a problem that needs fixing you call me and I'll solve the problem", said Harold. Giving long winded speeches on morality was not him, he was objective, and he needed to stay that way. He hoped Beth took him up on his help before he left town because he certainly had a simple way of making this problem go away with little violence, though the disease was physiological and he could only put it into remission not cure it.

Harold begins to walk away with Jonas if he does, and planned to catch a ride with him if the opportunity arose.
Innerlight
Innerlight

Back to top Go down

Post by Seratone Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:23 am

Beth nods her head wearily before turning around and going back into her house.

Jonas meanwhile gets inside his pick-up truck.

"Say man, where are you staying tonight? Want me to give yah a lift to the hotel or something?" The man says, before coughing once more. "I don't know about you but I sure as hell know I could use some sleep about now."

It was nearly pitch black outside as there were very few lights in the trailer park beyond the lit up Main Street that looked to be about at least a mile away.

[Roll perception with -2 penalty for darkness]

Seratone

Back to top Go down

Post by Innerlight Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:52 am

"Hotel, Motel, whatevers closest", said Harold. "So what's there deal, Beth and Jack. Their some sort of difficulty there, I sensed a vibe, but I didn't know for sure what's what", he said to Jonas.
Spoiler:
Innerlight
Innerlight

Back to top Go down

Post by Seratone Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:26 pm

Jonas sighs, shaking his head slightly as he turns the ignition key to start the pick up truck. When Harold gets in the truck he start driving...

"They dated in high school, and got married right afterwords. For a while things were going good. Jack was playing ball on one of the minor league teams. But a few years in, he got in a car accident that messed up his throwing arm. Since then, he just hasn't been the same. Just drinking it up all the time and taking all of his anger out on his wife. To be honest, I'm surprised she ain't gone up and left him by now."

As the truck pulled away, Harold makes out the dim shadow of what appeared to be a four legged animal near the trailer where Beth lived...

Seratone

Back to top Go down

Post by Innerlight Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:01 am

Harold sees the creature moving by Beths trailer but casually finishes his thought as if things of an odd nature don't quite move him like other people. "You'd be amazed what lengths people go for love... Say, could you turn back to the trailer for a moment I think I saw something". Casually Harold pulled his pistol from the back of his track pants and turns it handle first towards Jonas, "It was probably nothing but just in case you may want to have this handy". Harold kept his voice level to convey a since of calm, but the fact that he was offering Jonas his gun should have spoken volumes towards how serious a threat he noticed. It was entirely possible that the pandorans had followed him, willing to risk dormancy in the eyes of onlooking humans to sate their unnatural hunger.
Innerlight
Innerlight

Back to top Go down

Post by Seratone Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:20 pm

Jonas sort of stares at you wide eyed for a few minutes before finally accepting the weapon from Harold.

"A gun? But I thought you was a Doctor?" He says with a bit of disbelief.

As he shakes his head a bit, he turns the truck around and starts driving back toward the trailer.

"Are you sure yah didn't just see someone's dog?" He asks hesitantly as he pulls the truck up to where the trailer was.

The truck's lights illuminate some of the surrounding area, but beyond that it is pitch dark outside.

Seratone

Back to top Go down

Post by Innerlight Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:52 pm

"I'm on the road quite a lot moving from practice to practice, just having it makes me feel better", said Harold, glad he didn't have to roll out of a moving car to get out, because that probably would have weirded him out. "It probably was a dog... I hope so. I'm a little hyper sensitive to rabid animals now after the car accident. Once around couldn't hurt", Harold further explained.

He went in looking around where he thought he saw something hoping that a dog was all it was. Doing one quick sweep was the best he could do anything else that happened was in gods hands. He learned years ago he didn't have enough time to fix everyone problems the most he could do was put a band aid on things and hope for the best. If it was a pandoran a bullet to it's brain was the best medicine, and if Jonas had to find out what he was sooner rather then later so be it. Harold used the flashlight app on his phone to provide him with some light while he did a sweep.
Innerlight
Innerlight

Back to top Go down

Post by Seratone Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:51 pm

As Harold rounds the back of the trailer, the pick up truck and Jonas disappear from eye sight, and Harold finds himself in the midst of ankle length grass.

Right away he starts to get a very bad feeling that something bad is about to happen. The feeling is followed by the sound of moving feet and the rustle of some of the grass.

Its followed by the sound of a creature, growling...

[OOC: Harold is about to get pounced on by two level one pandorans. If you like, you can tell me what Harold would do in this situation and then I can make the rolls and narrate a combat scene in one post. Alternatively, we can start making the rolls and play it out on the boards]

Seratone

Back to top Go down

Post by Innerlight Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:07 pm

Spoiler:

Harold whistles for Jonas to pop up, seeing the reason he needed him was coming into play right now. Harold wills his transmutation to the fore front, plasticy claw pushed themselves out akin to the hard rubber of his skin. They looked fake and completely benign though deadly as an animal in the wild. "Is this the one", Harold said to himself in a casual speaking voice excited at the possibility this could be the end of his life as much as he was scared. He smiled devilishly. As far as he was concerned it didn't matter how it ended, death, true death, was the end of his pilgrimage.
Innerlight
Innerlight

Back to top Go down

Post by Seratone Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:31 am

The resulting battle seemed to last an eternity for Herald. With each swipe of his claws he would tear into the flesh of the animal-like pandorans, each of which was no bigger than a dog, but they kept coming, biting and ripping bits of his plastic like alchemical body out with their sharp teeth.

Harold remembers seeing Jonas arrive at some point during the melee, but that didn't cause the pandorans to fall into dormancy or let up in the slightest, and then the man fell out of eyesight just as quickly as he had appeared.

After what seemed like the longest time Harold realized that the pandorans were no longer biting him, and he could stop trying to slice them up with his plastic claws. As he reached for his cellphone, to illuminate the area, he soon found out why.

The remains of the pandorans lay at his feet, torn up in what looked like a million pieces, already starting to whither away into the ground.

Harold felt drained and observed some grievous injuries sustained in the fight.

[Results: Harold sustains 7 lethal damage, and has completely exhausted all of his pyros and willpower. Two pandorans are destroyed]

Seratone

Back to top Go down

Post by Innerlight Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:55 am

Spoiler:

Harold brushed himself off and stretched the metal bands inside of him that passed for joints popped and sprang back. It was a hell of a lot easier to deal with being battered when he was inanimate, what he wouldn't give to be able to detach his limbs like the old days and fix each piece as needed. He had taken finer beatings then this, but it was still rather sobering.

The medical dummy staggered about the grounds for a while just to see if their were more. He casually looked to see if Jonas was anywhere to be found. He left all his shit by the truck, who knew if he or it was still there.

Innerlight
Innerlight

Back to top Go down

Post by Seratone Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:30 pm

Harold vaguely remembers the two pandorans, which appeared as sinewy dog like creatures with massive gaping jaws, but he also remembered seeing more then two when they first surprised him on the road before he came into town.

The plastic man finds Jonas locked inside his pick up truck, either asleep or having feinted. The lights and the engine of the truck are still turned on however.

Seratone

Back to top Go down

Post by Innerlight Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:30 pm

Harold didn't emote at all having no real opinion on Jonas fear of death, those muthafuckers were scary and if it wasn't his lot in life to take beatings he would be scared himself. He pondered idly wondering if he had ever experienced fear like humans did, but didn't get too invested in existentialism at the moment.

Harold had a lack of blood which a trained observer may notice though the wounds appeared fleshy and real, whatever kept his bodily functions going was not logical or explained by human science, so even he didn't know why he didn't bleed. He tapped on the window casually to wake Jonas up, he had no judgment in his eyes.

Spoiler:
Innerlight
Innerlight

Back to top Go down

Post by Seratone Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:44 am

[Sounds fine to me!]

Jonas jolts to life, looking startled as he hears the tapping noise. After taking a deep breathe, he unlocks the door and motions for you to come around and get inside the truck,

He still appears to be breathing heavily as he starts talking.

"You alright man? I heard the noise, and I was about to run and get the sheriff when...well I guess I must have feinted.

He starts coughing again, this time more vigorously then before.

"Man I'm not feeling so good myself here."

Seratone

Back to top Go down

Post by Innerlight Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:53 am

Harold walks around the car and gets into the passengers seat. He unconsciously attempted to diagnose Jonas medical issue, doing it as if second nature. "Sounds like you could use a doctor. If you want we could go to the hospital, if you have one that is open at this time of night", Harold pauses a bit before breaching his next topic, "I'm fine, I got chewed up a little, but I got out of there in one piece. I'll heal, it's not a bad as it would look", the medical dummy said rifling through his duffle bag for a shirt that wasn't ripped to shreds. "They were rabid beast, you were probably right to get out of there when you did. You still holding on to my gun?", Harold asked casually not showing that any of this bothered him one way or the other.
Innerlight
Innerlight

Back to top Go down

Post by Seratone Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:04 am

Jonas glances over at the gun lying in his lap with a surprised expression.

"Think you better hold on to this Doc," he mutters, handing you the gun back as he pushes the truck into drive and starts heading back to main-street.

"I think I must have a cold or something, I'll sleep it off," he adds after a moment or two.

A few minutes later, the pick-up truck stops at the modest looking hotel.

"I'll take a look at your own truck tomorrow morning. Be sure ta swing by at some point, and I'll let yah know how its coming along."

_________

Harold is able to check into the dingy looking hotel without incident Once in his room, he is able to heal his wounds using an electrical socket...the process however causes power surges causing the building's lights to go out on several times. Each time the lights go out he can hear groans and cursing from the occupants of adjacent rooms.

The un-fleshed promethean now had some time to reflect on the events of the day and prepare for the next...

Seratone

Back to top Go down

Post by Innerlight Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:59 am

Harold tucks the pistol in the back of his track suit pants once again without a second thought, always better to have one and not need it. Harold spoke about anything on the drive, movies, life, the weather, but he didn't force a conversation if Jonas didn't want to talk. Before he got out of the car he asked if their was an open Hospital.

Harold cut a lamp cord and the tiny sparks recharged him like an I.V. He got on his laptop and answered emails on his websight diagnosing diseases. Then decided to reassemble and clean his hunting rifle while doing a little medical transcription for a hospital in new york. Though he may have annoyed the people in the other rooms, at least they were there. He turned off all his electrical devices to let the people in the other room lull him to sleep. The medical dummy didn't like to sleep much, he had slept through the first 20 years of his existence, he only slept when he felt he had to.

Feeling refreshed Harold paid for the lamp and tells management that he thinks that was the cause of the power surges, but kept the frayed cord, tucking it into his duffle bag. He headed towards the mechanics shop wearing a casual suit that was a crisp blue, but a colorful Hawaiian undershirt.

Spoiler:
Innerlight
Innerlight

Back to top Go down

Post by Seratone Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:31 am

[Harold gets +4 pyros]

When he arrives at the gas station the next day, Harold sees a scrawny looking young man behind the counter of the place, someone he hasn't seen before.

"Oh hey man, are you that Doctor guy by any chance?"

"Yeah Jonas didn't have time to work on your truck, he says it'll run though. So like if you like have to be outta here, its parked in the garage. out back, no charge bro."

Seratone

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum