Motor City Burning
Welcome to Motor City Burning: World of Darkness online role playing game. Due to the graphic, predatory nature of the violence and adult activities Kindred, Hunters, and the Created take part in, we require all players to be 18 years of age or older. If you are at least 18 and would like to play with us, hit the "Register" key and come on in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Motor City Burning
Welcome to Motor City Burning: World of Darkness online role playing game. Due to the graphic, predatory nature of the violence and adult activities Kindred, Hunters, and the Created take part in, we require all players to be 18 years of age or older. If you are at least 18 and would like to play with us, hit the "Register" key and come on in!
Motor City Burning
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ch. 2 Choose Your Requiem

2 posters

Go down

Ch. 2 Choose Your Requiem Empty Ch. 2 Choose Your Requiem

Post by Seratone Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:09 am

First of all, congrats to everyone again for actually getting through Chapter 1 in record breaking time.

THE PLAN:

Aftermath scene: We will do a chapter 1 aftermath scene where the coterie has to make some basic decisions on running the domain.

Downtime: After that, we will be in for some downtime. (IC AND OOC). Chapter 2 will start probably 6 months to 2 years after Chapter 1 ended. (Haven't decided yet). OOC: I figure I need at least 2 weeks off from story telling, maybe longer.

But that doesn't mean the rp stops. You guys can write about how the character achieves their XP Buys. You can also "call a social" I.E. just shooting the breeze with the other characters.

Chapter 2: Had a few ideas here. Feel free to weigh in.

1. Power Slide: Conflict will come from the characters as they grapple with the effects of time on their personal power structure. Fate will choose some to be rising stars while others will slowly watch the wells of their power drain away. Will the rising stars abuse their new found power? How far will the losers go to take back what has slipped away from them?

2. Competition: Unity game: Outside vampires/a vampire move in. They may want your territory, they may want to own you, or may just want to watch this city burn. Deal with it!

Seratone

Back to top Go down

Ch. 2 Choose Your Requiem Empty Re: Ch. 2 Choose Your Requiem

Post by Seratone Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:21 am

I hope everyone is enjoying their break and basking in the glory of finishing off that intense chapter 1. Good news! Chapter 2 is starting to come together in my brain now. Here is what I'm thinking.

Chapter 2 will consist of a handful of major major events spaced out over the course of a an IC year. In between major events you will have downtime to plan, scheme, socialize, or do whatever you want to do.

When you start an event, roll D10 to see how much blood you have, then subtract 1 bp for each retainer you have. This represents the added drain of having retainers and the need to feed more.

Here is a time line for what is planned. Note: Instead of using Night 1, Night 2. It is now Month 1, Month 2 etc. Obviously, the decisions you make have an impact on the ultimate outcome of the game.

Month 1: Trial of Justin Jonnik

Month 3: Ominous Winds

Month: 7: Everything is under control

Month 11: Judgment Day

Seratone

Back to top Go down

Post by Dean Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:23 pm

A couple of problems: First, this doesn't take Herd into account and it assumes that every retainer is a ghoul. Or Haven Location.

I suggest that you set a 'base vitae pool' and add positive and negative modifiers for circumstance. Like this table, for example:

Base per Scene is 3 Vitae
+1 per Domain with Hunting rights secured
+3 per Rack access
Herd: +1 for • & ••, +2 for ••• & ••••, +3 for •••••
+1 per dot in Haven (Location)
+1 Coil of Blood 1: Blood Seeps Slowly
+1 Coil of Blood 3: Perspicacious Blood
-1 Feeding Mood not written for the month (until 6 written)
-1 using Haven of Soil
-1 for every 2 Ghouls, rounded down
-2 living in Barrens
Dean
Dean

https://motorcityburning.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Seratone Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:27 pm

Good suggestion Dean:

We will use Dean's table then:

Base of 3:

Add up your herd: (see table)
Subtract for the ghouls: (see table)

+4: (Domain with hunting rights + the rack).

Seratone

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum