Motor City Burning
Welcome to Motor City Burning: World of Darkness online role playing game. Due to the graphic, predatory nature of the violence and adult activities Kindred, Hunters, and the Created take part in, we require all players to be 18 years of age or older. If you are at least 18 and would like to play with us, hit the "Register" key and come on in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Motor City Burning
Welcome to Motor City Burning: World of Darkness online role playing game. Due to the graphic, predatory nature of the violence and adult activities Kindred, Hunters, and the Created take part in, we require all players to be 18 years of age or older. If you are at least 18 and would like to play with us, hit the "Register" key and come on in!
Motor City Burning
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The meeting with Professor Donaldson

3 posters

Go down

The meeting with Professor Donaldson Empty The meeting with Professor Donaldson

Post by Seryna Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:23 am

Seryna : The coffee shop that was in the open and public as Riley had demanded was fairly popular today. Young people in thier twenties and teenagers eager for the 'bad' caffiene line the barrista bar, ready to for over Mommy and Daddys hard earned cash.

*Riley arrived about 20 minutes early and had found a table that faced the door so he could see the people he was to meet with, an ice tea slowly melting.

Dominik creases his lips with a certain amount of distaste. This wasn't his kind of place or crowd, clearly, but also he hated public spaces period. He walks in, straightening his jacket crease-less.

Liam gets a large ice coffee and then goes over to the professor. He puts the coffee down on the table and leans over to shake his hand. "Hello, Professor Donaldson. I'm Liam. We spoke over the phone." He takes a seat.

*He leans forward and speaks quietly* "I am interested in why anyone carrying rings dating back to Roman times are running around attacking people in Salem, Dr. Hollandale."

Doctor hollandale leaned back, glancing towards Liam and Dominik with indecision on her face.

Liam stroked his chin. "The thing he told me before he attacked her, said he was hungry." Liam shrugged. "Well, that's all I got."

Nil : "Lets put it this way. It is a really old collector, with a penchant for bloodletting. Who knows just how old." Dominik says, rubbing his eyebrow with his index finger. "Old firebrand Greg would do this better than I am, no?"

Rix : *He looks at Dominik for a moment.* "If Greg was the one running around talking about the spawn of satan, then you're doing a better job. So the question is, why are you all interested in the ring? You're obviously not police or fbi."

Nil : Dominik says, "That thing wanted to transport it somewhere for some reason. I doubt it was just jewelry laundry."

Doctor Hollandale: "Liam managed to find some items on the vampire- a travel itinery heading to Detroit. "

Rix : "So you do all believe the attackers on campus were vampires." *He shakes his head in disbelief.* "I just find it hard to believe. Why would they want a ring that would control the sun, knowing that vampires are killed by the sun?"

Rix : "I've done some research on that ring, and it seems that there was a cult of sun-worshippers, who apparently endowed the ring with the power of the sun. It seems like that cult might still be around, that's what I think."

Doctor Hollandale: The blonde woman leaned forward. "Zoe found that vampires kept it- the rich ones. Likely, to keep it out of the hands of their enemies- Hunters like ourselves."

"Maybe it is symbolic, or maybe he thought he could eclipse the sun with it, who knows. It doesn't matter. It could lead us to others of his kind, or be a bargaining chip we can use to set them up." Dominik says, almost in a single breath.

Liam leans back in his chair. "We've been trying to investigate it. Apparently his boss set up some drop points, which we think could lead us to the answers. "

Rix : *He nods thoughtfully.* "A few years ago I would have never considered this meeting. that was before I met the ghost of a british officer at a dig near here. I'm still not convinced about the vampires, but this is something worth investigating. So what is the plan, and what can I do to help out?"
*He nods.* "Well, I've found out quite a bit about the ring; if you want help, I'm in and could probably fake my way into the place based on what I've learned about the ring."

Liam smiles. "Well, the next drop is in a hotel in Detroit, so we're planning on heading there next."

Doctor Hollandale: "Liam has some Visa cards that seem to have a high limit on them. We're roadtripping up to Detroit if you want to join us. Some of our people are three hours away, in Pennsylvania."

*He nods* "I do. You need another driver?"

Dr Hollandale glanced to Liam. "Yes, thatd be great, really. Maybe we should arm up, more, as well. We just packed food and left yesterday. But we've found some Cherub club that may involve a vampire run cult."

Rix : "I...see. I'm not much for fighting, but I'll take a gun or mace if needed." *He glances at his watch.* "I'll need to put in my leave of absence to the university. I'd like to take care of that now, so I'll head out." *He writes a number on a napkin.* "My cell phone."

The Doctor picked up a napkin and made a notation. "My own number. Lets call each other when we're ready to go."

Liam adds the Rily's number to the phone book in his cell. "See you then."

Seryna

http://shadowclaw.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

The meeting with Professor Donaldson Empty Re: The meeting with Professor Donaldson

Post by cobrawax Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:06 am

Liam decides to make a stop at the hardware store. He hoped that they wouldn't have to interrogate people for information, but he decided to prepare in case they did. He got some rope and some duct tape.
cobrawax
cobrawax

Back to top Go down

The meeting with Professor Donaldson Empty Re: The meeting with Professor Donaldson

Post by Seryna Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:14 am

As Liam finished his purchases, Liam received a text from Hollandale.

'Ready to go?' She asked.

Seryna

Back to top Go down

Post by cobrawax Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:19 am

"Yeah, I'm done." Liam texted back. He hoped that he didn't forget anything. Then again, rope and duct tape are some pretty versatile tools. He went out and waited to be picked up.

Last edited by cobrawax on Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:24 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Too damn short)
cobrawax
cobrawax

Back to top Go down

Post by Seryna Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:25 am

I'll be right over. We can grab lunch while we wait for Riley.

True to her text, the doctor's Lexus pulled up to the hardware store. "As soon as we hear from Riley, I think we should head out."

Seryna

Back to top Go down

Post by cobrawax Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:40 am

Liam puts the hardware in the back. He was nervous about her asking questions, before he remember that she was doing this long before he was. She was probably used to this kind of thing. "Good idea." He said as he sat down.
cobrawax
cobrawax

Back to top Go down

Post by Rix Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:11 pm

*It had taken the Professor a little time to get everything squared away with the University as a sort of emergency leave of absence. Thankfully, the summer made classes and therefore responsibilities, few. After packing up his equipment, including several books on the history of Detroit and Pennsylvania, and placing the ring in a safe location in his luggage, he gave Liam a call on his cell.* "This is Riley; I'm ready to head out whever you all are."

Rix

Back to top Go down

Post by cobrawax Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:24 pm

Liam picked up. "Yeah, we finished making preparations. And we were just about to go. " Liam turned to Chrissy and puts his hand over the speaker end. "It's Professor Donaldson. He says he's ready to head out."

Last edited by cobrawax on Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:25 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : coloring)
cobrawax
cobrawax

Back to top Go down

Post by Seryna Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:34 pm

"Great." Dr. Hollandale replied. "Tell him we'll be right over to pick him up."

Chrissy checked that Liam was buckled in and started the car, heading to the University parking lot. The two Hunters arrived within moments and Chrissy idled the car by the entrance, scanning for the Professor.

Seryna

Back to top Go down

Post by cobrawax Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:15 pm

Liam removed his hand from the speaker end. "Alright. We're coming to pick you up at the entrance of the University."
cobrawax
cobrawax

Back to top Go down

Post by Rix Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:32 am

*The Hunters find Riley walking into the parking lot carrying several bags, including a laptop bag, and a backpack. He waves to the pair, and when he gets into the car.* "Alright, I think we have everything I need. Are we ready to head out?"

Rix

Back to top Go down

Post by Seryna Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:45 am

"Yes, we are. I'd like to head straight through to connect to the others in Pennsylvania, if no one has any problem with that?" Dr. Hollandale posed.

Seryna

Back to top Go down

Post by cobrawax Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:01 am

Liam shrugged. "I guess it couldn't hurt. I did say that I'd stop by at that club again. Though I'm not sure if it's worth investigating, when the answers could be in Detroit. And I wonder if we'll have enough time. But I don't have any problems with connecting with the others there."
cobrawax
cobrawax

Back to top Go down

Post by Rix Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:29 pm

*Riley also shrugs.* "if the club is important, we can stop there, otherwise I can't think of any reasons not to get onto the road."

Rix

Back to top Go down

Post by Seryna Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:33 pm

"Which club are you talking about?" Dr. Hollandale asked."The one here in Salem or where we left Dave and Mike?"

ooc: Any one free for scenage today?

Seryna

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down