Motor City Burning
Welcome to Motor City Burning: World of Darkness online role playing game. Due to the graphic, predatory nature of the violence and adult activities Kindred, Hunters, and the Created take part in, we require all players to be 18 years of age or older. If you are at least 18 and would like to play with us, hit the "Register" key and come on in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Motor City Burning
Welcome to Motor City Burning: World of Darkness online role playing game. Due to the graphic, predatory nature of the violence and adult activities Kindred, Hunters, and the Created take part in, we require all players to be 18 years of age or older. If you are at least 18 and would like to play with us, hit the "Register" key and come on in!
Motor City Burning
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Security Breach (Ben)

2 posters

Go down

Security Breach (Ben) Empty Security Breach (Ben)

Post by Seratone Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:40 am

Ben was given a uniform, and radio, but no weapons. He was assigned the night shift and told that his job was to keep watch over the massive mall while it was closed. Brutus, the only other security guard employed by the mall, had left leaving Ben all by himself to mind the place.

As the hours tick by, Ben sits idly in the security office watching the cameras as boredom quickly sets in. 11:00, 12:00, 1:00 AM, 2:00 AM, 3:00 AM

3:32 AM:

Ben catches some movement on one of the cameras. He catches sight of a masked individual moving in the mall. It was up on the third floor, by Scrooge's office.

No one was supposed to be in the mall...

Seratone

Back to top Go down

Security Breach (Ben) Empty Re: Security Breach (Ben)

Post by Majunior Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:50 am

"I wonder how he got in," Ben wonders to himself as he stands, making sure he has the keys before heading to the third floor. "I wonder if more people can get in however he got in," Ben thought as he took the escalator up.

"I wonder why I have a radio if there is no one else here... I can't radio myself..." Idle thoughts as he headed toward Scrooge's office area. "For that matter, this mall is huge. I could still be chasing whoever this is down by the time we open in the morning... Someone to watch the cameras while I go out to find the person would be good I think."

He keeps his eyes and ears open for sights and sounds that would betray the intruder's location as the Golem heads toward where the camera had shown the individual to be, with odd, offhand thoughts crossing his mind as he went about his new job.
Majunior
Majunior

Back to top Go down

Post by Seratone Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:08 pm

As Ben rounds a corner on the third floor, he sees four masked intruders emerge from Scrooge's office. One appears to be carrying an external hard drive, while another carries a brown manilla envelope filled with documents of some kind.

As soon as they see Ben, one of them shouts out.

"RUN!"

The four intruders take off down the hall way, aiming to make a bee-line for the exit.

Seratone

Back to top Go down

Post by Majunior Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:20 pm

Ben takes off at a sprint to catch them. He pushes himself, his Pyros fueling his Strength as he gets that little bit faster in an attempt to catch the criminals.

This is the third floor, there can't just be an open door for them to go out. I've walked the mall tonight, so where would they be headed? Thinking to himself as he runs after the four people making their escape, to see if there might be a way to cut them off.

Spoiler:
Majunior
Majunior

Back to top Go down

Post by Seratone Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:27 pm

The intruders bolt for a nearby escalator, and practically slide down the thing as they head for the first floor entrance. The chase continues down another escalator with Ben in frantic pursuit.

As a last ditch effort, Ben throws the radio at one of the masked intruders, the one with the documents, causing him to trip and fall.

Unfortunately, the intruder's three companions make a clean escape through the doors of the first floor exit, which Ben notices had somehow become unlocked.

This leaves Ben to confront the masked intruder who had fallen onto the ground...

Seratone

Back to top Go down

Post by Majunior Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:14 pm

Ben moves towards him and pounces, pinning him to the ground and working to pin an arm behind his back in a hammerlock to restrain him. Ben will wrestle with the guy if need be, stopping short of straight up brawling with him, unless he doesn't have a choice. He will also use Pyros to nudge up his strength if need be, as well.

Assuming Ben gets him pinned down...

The Tammuz should have some sort of restraint device... handcuffs or something. Ben will restrain the one that didn't get away, and once Ben is confidant he won't be able to dash off, he locks the front doors to the mall and hastily collect the folder and it's contents. He will also pick up the radio.

Once everything is collected up, Ben will walk the individual to the security office lockup. As they walk, he will begin to talk to his captured criminal.

"How did you unlock the doors to the mall and get in? What was on the computer part your friend left with? Who were your friends, anyway?"

Spoiler:
Majunior
Majunior

Back to top Go down

Post by Seratone Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:18 pm

When the man is unmasked, Ben recognized him as the short tattooed individual that had tried to recruit Ben and the other prometheans into joining the protests that had gone on during the day. He seems tight lipped, but doesn't resist.

Finally, when they've reached the security office the man says something.

"You picked the wrong side man. Do you even know who it is you're working for?"

"See for yourself, its all in the folder I was carrying."

He nudges his head toward the un-opened manilla folder that seemed to be bristling with documents.

Seratone

Back to top Go down

Post by Majunior Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:40 pm

Ben sets the folder down on the security office desk without opening it.

"Irrelevant. You are breaking laws. If you want to change things, do so legally. If you do it illegally, no matter how much truth you present to people, it will always," and with that, the Golem pauses for emphasis, "be colored by your illegal actions. The information becomes easier to refute, since it was presented by a common criminal. Someone who may have made it up. Someone who may have falsified documents. Or any other number of reasons that can be used by the person or persons you victimized to cast doubt on what you have said."

Ben rubs his chin for a moment as he thinks before continuing quietly. "It has been my personal observation that people don't like having their perception of reality altered. Certainly not through force. When you attempt to do so, they instinctively try to reason why what you are saying isn't true and why their perception of how things are is, in fact, correct. They look for reasons you are wrong. The fact you broke into a business location and stole that information gives them a reason, compounded by the fact they want it to give them a reason. There are ways to do what you want to do, but protesting and stealing aren't those ways."

Sitting down in the chair, he gives the security cameras a solid look. Satisfied there isn't anything going on, he turns back to the man. "You haven't answered my questions. How did you get in? The door had been locked, I checked it during rounds. What was on the computer piece you stole? Who were your friends? Would you like a water?"
Majunior
Majunior

Back to top Go down

Post by Seratone Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:49 am

The man just shakes his head, refusing to answer the questions.

Moments later, a uniformed police officer arrives at the security station along with Scrooge.

"I see you got one of them. Good job ahhh Ben was it?"

The elderly man starts to look a little nervous as he looks at the folder containing his documents, and he is quick to grab onto the folder tightly.

He looks at Ben. "So you retrieved this. Is anything else missing that you know of?"

The former protestor sneers at Scrooge. "We got enough ass hole."

Seratone

Back to top Go down

Post by Majunior Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:34 am

"Good evening gentlemen," Ben greets the two men.

"It is, Sir, and thank you. I apologize I only caught the one, but there were four of them and only one of myself," Ben responds. "Unfortunately, one got away with a computer drive of some sort. I was just asking our friend here what was on it, and how they got in the mall in the first place. The doors had been locked when I made rounds, but they were unlocked when our group of criminals made their escape. I won't waste anyone's time speculating on mere possibilities. Anyway, he hasn't been very talkative, so I don't have answers beyond the obvious."

Ben proceeds to do his job. He will give an accurate and truthful statement to the officer, and -- especially easy with Scrooge there -- will provide evidence as required, including access to the security footage. Barring any shenanigans or complications, it should all be standard procedural stuff. Ben will also fill out his own report in the security log, including the responding officer's name and credentials so that if there are further questions or concerns (or problems with the "case") mall officials have the proper information.
Majunior
Majunior

Back to top Go down

Post by Seratone Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:40 pm

After Ben makes his report, the officer cuffs the tatooed intruder and leads him away, presumably to take him to jail.

Scrooge frowns slightly at the mention of the computer drive.

"That's unfortunate about the computer drive. But I have faith in our law enforcement officers to track them down and get it back."

He rubs his chin slightly, as if pondering something.

"That drive contained some sensitive proprietary information about some new products that are about to hit the shelves tomorrow. That could really hurt sales if they have to have a recall."

Scrooge shakes his head looking dismayed. "Ben, why don't you take the rest of the night off. Come back for the afternoon shift."

[Starting new thread for everyone to continue the story]

Seratone

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum