Motor City Burning
Welcome to Motor City Burning: World of Darkness online role playing game. Due to the graphic, predatory nature of the violence and adult activities Kindred, Hunters, and the Created take part in, we require all players to be 18 years of age or older. If you are at least 18 and would like to play with us, hit the "Register" key and come on in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Motor City Burning
Welcome to Motor City Burning: World of Darkness online role playing game. Due to the graphic, predatory nature of the violence and adult activities Kindred, Hunters, and the Created take part in, we require all players to be 18 years of age or older. If you are at least 18 and would like to play with us, hit the "Register" key and come on in!
Motor City Burning
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TFV: ATTN Bristol, Donahue, Mike

Go down

TFV: ATTN Bristol, Donahue, Mike Empty TFV: ATTN Bristol, Donahue, Mike

Post by Seryna Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:52 pm

Seryna: As the Jeep ambled back towards the government supplied house; the occupants of the car were still wincing over the speed bumps from thier past experiences with Emily.. the red haze.. and the pack of werewolves. There were still two more days until the planned meet at the garage.
Seryna: [..what ep was that?! I wnat it![
Seryna: [also, side note, not like the werewolves hurt you at all ]
Jake: Sam and Dean: Right, you're a mind reader. Cut it out, Sam. Sam. You think you're funny but you're being really, really childish. Sam Winchester wears make-up. Sam Winchester cries his way through sex. Sam Winchester keeps a ruler by the bed and every morning when he wakes up... okay, enough!
Jake: Mike yawned. "So wolf hunt done with, not that I got to join in on that slice of fun... no meet for two days... wonder what's gonna happen between now and then? Hopefully not more bloody paperwork..."
Jack Robinson: "I don't fuckin' care." Donahue said, with his typical good cheer and merriment. "My spine feels like it fuckin' exploded. I want down time."
Jake: "Second that. Beer, birds and... actually no, those two sound pretty good by themselves."
Jack Robinson: Laura rolled her eyes, and snorted in a vaguely disdainful way. "You're a boring man, Mike," she remarked.
Jake: "Yeah, well they don't pay me for my social activities..." Mike shrugged off the rebuke.
Jake: "Or lack of them." he amended
Jack Robinson: "And you, Bristol, probably intend to spend the next two days with your ass half-way inside someone's hard drive." Donahue said with a yawn. "Let's stop whining like little bitches over who's social life sucks more, 'cause neither of you have one."
Seryna: [...ouch]
Jack Robinson: Laura gave a small smirk. "And what's gonna be in your ass, Donahue? Your walking stick?"
Jake: "This from the man whose great achievement in the next 48 hours will be sitting down without a cushion behind his back." Mike smirked, teasing his male partner.
Jack Robinson: Donahue's lips pressed together in a thin line. "Yeah, laugh at the cripple." He grumbled. "It's so funny to watch him hobble about with a shattered pelvis."
Jack Robinson: "Hey, you're laughing at our deficencies. The ballpark's open," Laura responded coolly.
Jake: "Aww they'll have you fixed up in no time mate. You'll be hobbling about without a shattered pelvis before you know it." Mike glanced idly at the clock on the dashboard.
Jack Robinson: Donahue didn't respond at first, his gaze flickering out of the window. After a moment, he hissed a breath out through his teeth. "Hunter? This is a lifelong thing. I'd appreciate it if you'd both stop drawing attention to it." He struggled to keep his temper. They had no idea it was a sore spot of his, after all, they couldn't know.
Jake: "Strewth, easy mate. Just joshing ya." Mike turned into the driveway of the government supplied house.
Seryna: [I enjoy watching your downtime I'm here watching; don't want to rail road downtime ]
Jack Robinson: "Yeah, don't." Donahue hauled himself up out of the car, limping towards the back yard. "I'm gonna be in the shed for a while. Have fun, kids. Call me if you manage to break any of your toys." His tone stayed surly and irritable as he hobbled off, the limp more pronounced and struggling from the dumpster blow.
Jack Robinson: Laura stepped out of the car, and slammed the door shut. "I never break my toys," she scoffed, before marching inside.
Jake: "God I need a beer..." Mike got out of the jeep, locking it behind him and followed Laura inside.
Jack Robinson: "Well, that's a huge surprise. All you ever talk about is beer." Laura rolled her eyes. She headed to the fridge to pull out the closest non-alcoholic drink.
Jake: "Well when you can drink a computer get back to me." Mike quipped, sitting down in a chair and picking up the first unread tabloid in the pile next to it.
Jack Robinson: Donahue unlocked the shed with hands that twitched and jerked with the pain of it, and grimaced as he levered himself onto his stool. He brushed the sawdust off the bench and turned over the little wooden shelf-fitting he'd been working on. In truth, he needed a drink, and his pain medication, but he was shaking with barely restrained temper at the idea of being considered incapable due to his legs. Sure, no one had actually said that outloud, but he wondered if it was there, lingering beneath the surface. Which one was gonna be the first to bring it up?
Jack Robinson: http://sheetgen.dalines.net/wiki/WikiDiceRoller?hash=0e2dc1e2 2 successes on dex + crafts ))
Seryna: As Bristol and Mike traded retorts, an unusual sound started in the main room. It took them a minute to realize it was the fax machine/ copy machine/ printer with 200 buttons that command had helpfully suggested that they leave on. Something seemed to be coming over the wire.
Jack Robinson: "That's impressive. You're not even drunk yet, and already you're incoherent." Laura spun around in her seat, to focus on her computer.
Jake: "Incoming." Mike got up and attended to whatever was coming out of the machine, downing the last of his bottle as he did so and tossing it in the trashcan.
Jack Robinson: "Ooh, I can't wait." Laura moved into the main room to check out what they were recieving.
Seryna: After skipping the header that printed first, verifying that this was indeed from command, the first line of the text read that this was confidential and was in no way to be revealed to the civilian population.

The fax was short and to the point - informing that several critical cases of influenza had been reported at the local hospital. You were to ensure that your vaccinations were up to date; M.E.P.S. was open to handle any one who wasn't.

The last line was so short and convulted that you almost missed the oddity of it.

'The first case of influenza expired this morning. Upon examination, the coroner reported two odd puncture marks at the neck. Could be a sign of increased ENE activity; be watchful and include any unusual activity in your reports.'
Seryna: [end]
Jake: "Dear team, blah blah blah downtime is for pussies blah blah we have work for you to do, this paper will be self-recycled in five seconds..." Mike rolled his eyes, snatching the document from the printer and glancing over it, his sarcasm a poor mask for the fact he was looking forward to a bit of action after missing the wolfhunt.
Seryna: After skipping the header that printed first, verifying that this was indeed from command, the first line of the text read that this was confidential and was in no way to be revealed to the civilian population.

The fax was short and to the point - informing that several critical cases of influenza had been reported at the local hospital. You were to ensure that your vaccinations were up to date; M.E.P.S. was open to handle any one who wasn't.

The last line was so short and convulted that you almost missed the oddity of it.

'The first case of influenza expired this morning. Upon examination, the coroner reported two odd puncture marks at the neck. Could be a sign of increased ENE activity; be watchful and include any unusual activity in your reports.'
Jake: Mike passed the document to Laura.
Jack Robinson: Her eyes flickered across it, and she frowned slightly. "Interesting," she responded. "I hope this doesn't interrupt the downtime."
Jake: "Could be vampires... been a while since I've dealt with any of those." Mike recalled the last vampire he'd seen and actually helped, wondering if he'd managed to adapt alright to his human free diet.
Jack Robinson: "That would be my first guess. Better tell Donahue," she nodded, before handing the document back to Mike.
Jake: Mike nodded, heading outside to the shed and knocking on the door. "Hey D, fax came in."
Jack Robinson: Donahue muttered a string of swear words under his breath. "Oh for the love of... c'mon in." He was tracing a chisel across the wooden shelf. "What's the word?"
Jake: "Usual exciting drivel... several flu-cases at the hospital, we're to make sure our vaccinations are up to date and keep an eye out for anything weird as one patient died and was found with odd puncture marks in his neck."
Jack Robinson: "Bloodsucker? That's.. unusual. Thought they liked clean blood, not someone full of anti-virals." Donahue scratched his chin. "We'd better get our 'flu shots and go have a little chat with some doctors then." He laughed barkingly. "I'm pretty sure I can think of a way to get us into a hospital."
Jake: "I can think of several but they'll either hurt or get us arrested. Probably best to go with yours." Mike smiled.
Jack Robinson: "Feh. I'll just make an appointment with my psychiatrist and Laura can steal their data when you two kindly give me a lift." Donahue half-shrugged. "Veteran, wounded in action, no one'll wonder what's up."
Jake: "Good plan." Mike nodded.
Jack Robinson: "You two get us scheduled for the shots with our organisation, then. I'll make an appointment." Donahue thumbed his cellphone out and started dialling.
Jack Robinson: Laura grimanced slightly. "I hate getting shots."
Seryna: The appointments took no less than a few minutes to organize. Donahue managed to get an appointment for that same day; at 2 PM. You had about three hours until the appointment.
Jake: "Great, as if we didn't have enough pricks to deal with in our line of work..." Mike sighed.
Jack Robinson: "Don't tell me you two've got a phobia about needles?" Donahue said, raising an eyebrow. He was completely desensitized- he'd had far too many, a lot of them directly into his spinal column, to care about a quick jab. "Let's go get immunised, people."
Jack Robinson: "I don't have a phobia," Laura responded simply. "I just mildly dislike them." She headed to the door, rubbing her arms in an absent type of way.
Seryna: [you guys want a cut scene?]
Jake: [please]
Jack Robinson: ((Sure. Let's go get needled! ))
Jake: [Think Mike'd rather get plastered]
Seryna: The immunizations were as terrible as one would dread. The lobby was full of people - mostly elders, but a few parents shepherding young children. Far too many look as though they were sniffling already. After what seemed like an eternity, it was your turn to recieve a quick, cold wipe before the 'little pinch'. The nurses were quick and efficient, very impersonal. Glancing about; Bristol noticed that the hospital seemed very busy. Likely no one would notice a lagging terminal.
Jack Robinson: Laura slipped the slimline laptop onto her knees as she waited for the guys to be seen to. She kept her elbows close to her sides, and glanced disdainfully at the sniffler next to her. God, this place was like a hotbed of grossness! Booting up, she sought to gain access to the system.
Jack Robinson: http://sheetgen.dalines.net/wiki/WikiDiceRoller?hash=2aef8570 Exceptional success.))
Jake: Mike rejoined Laura, a pissed off look on his face. {Would have hurt less if she'd stood on the other side of the room and thrown it like a dart... rough handed berk...} Mike thought irritably.
Jack Robinson: Donahue hobbled past them with a little nod. "You guys hang around a bit, okay?" He said. "I gotta head up a couple floors. There's a cafe downstairs, so I'll meet you there for the lift back. Thanks for this, by the way." His voice sounded pretty casual.
Jake: "No problem D." Mike responded. "Meet you downstairs shortly."
Seryna: It took only moments before her screen lit up with the beuatiful code. A few quick commands and Laura was staring at valuable data packs; any that she can grab. After a few moments of searching, she found a date that was appliciable to the death. Opening it, she found a few boring lines by the charge nurse... but half way through, she found an interesting note about amenia. It seems that the patient was admitted after a mugging - head trauma, blood loss - anemia of all things. The patient was in critical care for twenty four hours before the patient sickened. Within a day, the infleunza was full blown. 24 hours later, the patient was dead.
Jack Robinson: Laura paused briefly, as she scrutinised the information. With a curt nod to herself, she shoved the USB stick into the drive and began to download the information.
Jack Robinson: Donahue headed to his psychiatrist's appointment, since it was their whole cover for hanging around at all. He figured he could draw it out a bit if he needed. Just say hw miserable his legs made him or some such crap.
Seryna: Laura was ignored as she saved the information. A sharp voice suddenly spoke beside her, startling her. Glancing up, you see the woman sitting beside you cough sharply. She presses her hand to a gauze bandage on her neck, indicating pain to the nurse. A nurse came and led her away, murmering something unheard. With the primary goal accomplished, the two junior Valkyrie had only to wait for thier superior's appointment to be over. Upstairs; he found the receptionist bidding the client before him good bye. He was on.
Jack Robinson: "Hey. Donahue Mason. Remember me?" Donahue grated out, limping heavily. He just needed to buy them time to check anything else suspicious out- that should be fine.
Jack Robinson: Laura nudged Mike, and jerked a thumb in the direction of the injured woman. "Snoop?" she suggested softly.
Jake: Mike nodded, getting up and discretely following the woman.
Seryna: "Of course." The man replied smoothly. You watch his hands - soft, well moisterized - manicured!- take hold of the instruments of his office. Pad, yellow, lined. Pen, looked like one of those sixty dollar jobs. You wonder what he charges the folks not on the governments dime. "You don't like the couch." The man says with a straight face. "But have a seat. What seems to be troubling you?"
Seryna: As the two young people follow the woman, they watch her be led to a room where cots are arranged in a circle so that the medical staff can move freely among them. The woman lies down and the nurse dons gloves and removes the bandage, leaning in to inspect whatever wound was there. The nurse blocks your view of the wound itself, but she seems concerned. The din of voices make it difficult to hear; yet you catch a smattering of words. "... no idea what caused this?" "No. " The woman replies. "I had a low blood sugar episode walking home from class- the doctor said that explained the anemia. I passed out. When I awoke, I had these bleeding wound and I felt terrible. I saw someone run from me, but I couldn't rise.-"
Seryna: "- the e.r. doctor said it looked like I had fallen on barbecue tongs, but I don't own any and how could I fall on them on the street by the University? That was last night. This morning I felt just terribly sick. I wondered if there was an infection.."
Jake: Mike gave Laura a concerned look that spoke volumes. Vampires.
Jack Robinson: Donahue rolled his eyes internally as he sat down, but he allowed himself to gimace in discomfort as he sat down. He was in pain- it took no effort at all to show it was geniune, he'd figure. "Yeah, that's right..." He shifted uncomfortably on the couch. "Honestly? My legs are killing me, and the pain medication's not letting me get any sleep."
Jack Robinson: Laura gave a brief nod. "We should take a look around- see if anyone else is turning holes in their necks," she murmured softly.
Jake: "Check on the other flu cases?" Mike inquired.
Seryna: [Donahue] "And what medication are you on; refresh my memory. " The note pad paper flips- you see him check a note. He hadn't written anything about you yet, you were fairly certain, but the fact that the man doesn't look you in the eye is infuriating.
Jack Robinson: "That would be my point, Mikey," Laura answered simply.
Seryna: [Bristol & Mike] Glancing around, you count about a dozen flu cases. It seems most are being sent away clutching little pads for prescriptions. After watching for a few moments, you see three others being led to the triage area where various bandages are inspected by nurses. Three more women, mostly young. Two of the bandages are to the neck, one seems to have a more extensive bandage on her arm. All three women look to be suffering from the flu.
Jack Robinson: "Vicodin and Percocet." Donahue said simply. "You know I don't sleep so well, since the... incident."
Jack Robinson: "This is bizarre," Laura commented softly. "Maybe we could keep tabs on some of them, after they've left the hospital."
Seryna: "Of course. You should be on a mild sleeping aid to offset the pain. Nothing very strong. There are several that won't conflict with your pain medication. Yet are you sure that its simply the pain that keeps you awake at night? Not perhaps; dwelling on the incident?"
Jake: "Dibs on the redhead." Mike said deadpan.
Jack Robinson: Donahue grimaced, his hands twitching a little bit as if he were still holding a rifle. "I... try not to think about it." He said somewhat awkwardly. "It's mostly a blur anyway. I remember falling, and the impact." And the walking dead coming for me every dragging step, but it's not like I can tell you that.
Jack Robinson: "You got it," Laura snorted. "Seems your type anyway."
Seryna: [Donahue]"When you do manage to get to sleep, is your sleep restful? Are you every plagued with thoughts of your incident during the day; or simply when you lay down for the evening?" Thoughts of grabbing a prescription and fleeing before he gets into his speel are fading.
Seryna: It takes nearly forty five agonizing minutes before Donahue escapes- actually clutching a prescription for sleeping aid. The two others have had little of interest, as the patients are being seen. One by one they stand and give thier insurance information at the desk, preparing to take thier leave.
Jack Robinson: Donahue seriously considered sneaking back into the shrink's office to torch the place to make sure that guy never asks him more questions. He figured he'd held up alright though- still hadn't told the jackass about the zombies. And he could write that he was still attending his appointments next time he headed out for his VA forms. He sat down just in front of the restaurant and waited for the other two.
Seryna: [that actually made me laugh out loud, Jack]
Jack Robinson: ((Thank you, thank you. I'm here all week, try the veal.))
Jack Robinson: "How'd it go?" Laura questioned, as she pulled up a seat.

Seryna

http://shadowclaw.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

TFV: ATTN Bristol, Donahue, Mike Empty Re: TFV: ATTN Bristol, Donahue, Mike

Post by Seryna Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:20 pm

Jack Robinson: Donahue gave his best 'I hate you all' smile. "Fucking amazing, Bristol. Is Hunter still sober?"
Jake: "Unfortunately yes." Mike responded. "For some reason they don't have pubs in hospital."
Jack Robinson: Donahue eyed Mike and shook his head. "Alright, you two. Report before Mike gets desperate and drinks cleaning fluid."
Jack Robinson: "Got patients, little holes in neck, feeling flu-ish. You might want to disinfect your hands on the way out," Laura advised.
Jake: "Definite signs towards a vampire attack. One victim was told she had anemia and reported someone fleeing from the scene." Mike added.
Jack Robinson: Laura paused. "On the other hand... it could be an attack of really big bugs."
Seryna: [lmao...now i must pose big bugs as a story line somewhere]
Jake: Mike shrugged. "I must admit, the flu doesn't seem to fit with the vampire theory... they're coming down with it after being bit? Unusual..."
Jack Robinson: Donahue paused for a moment, drumming his fingers on the table. "Only one victim's been anaemic?" he said, obviously thinking. "So... we could have vampires... or we could have a blood-bourne infection, right? Do we have anything definitive other than eye witness statements?"
Jack Robinson: "Well, she said flu-like symptoms. In my experience, that could be anything from a headcold to sleeping sickness." Laura added. "Some sort of foreign virus could do the same thing... and the girl might have just been attacked by a mugger."
Jake: "Basically we got jack shit to go on except speculation." Mike summarized.
Jack Robinson: Donahue's lips pressed into a flat line. "Okay. Well, we can't assume supernatural intervention when there's a more reasonable natural cause. Bristol's right- the girl could've just been mugged after she had a headrush from the disease or something. Eye witnesses are notoriously unreliable when it comes to ENE sightings anyway, and this..." he scratched his chin. "Well, honestly, I can't shoot the flu virus."
Jack Robinson: "Maybe if you loaded with really tiny bullets," Laura suggested with a small smirk.
Seryna: [do you guys want to prep for the garage meet up or a down time?]
Jack Robinson: "Cute, Bristol," Donahue snorted, rolling his eyes. "Okay. Bristol, I want you to set up surveillience on the possible victims' homes. Wiretaps, nothing fancy. Just cast a net and see if they have anything in common. If not, I'd say we're looking at the deadly mosquito."
Jack Robinson: "Ooh, old school. And don't knock Mosquitoes. Biggest killer of human beings on the planet after bacteria," Laura grinned.
Jack Robinson: Donahue glanced at Mike. "I don't think there's much for you and me to do until we get a decent info dump on these guys, Hunter, so I guess once Bristol's set up, we're all on downtime 'til our meeting on Friday."
Jake: "Wonder if we should try and obtain a blood sample from one of the flu victims? TFV must have the resources on hand to analyse what the heck this infection is right?" Mike asked.
Jack Robinson: Donahue paused. "Only if it comes back unknown," he said, after a bit of consideration.
Jack Robinson: Laura nodded. "Hospital cultures take time, so... it might just turn out they all test positive for some new flu mutation, and our higher ups wouldn't be too pleased if we submitted them 'Influenza II: Electric Boogaloo'."
Jake: "Well scratch that idea then." Mike sighed.
Jack Robinson: "When I get back, I'll write a virus that steals copies of patient records and spits them back to me," Laura suggested.
Jack Robinson: Donahue grimaced. "Sorry Hunter, not every mission's gonna be an easy in and out. You wanna go get a beer?"
Jake: "Sounds like a plan to me." Mike grinned.
Jack Robinson: "...I can programme while we're drinking," Laura said hopefully.
Jack Robinson: Donahue eyed Bristol for a moment and rolled his eyes. "Yeah, I bet you can. C'mon. First round's on me." He stood up, limping awkwardly towards the exit. It felt like his hip was frozen, not moving quite right. Goddamn that bitch and her dumpster.
Jack Robinson: Laura grabbed her laptop and headed out after him.
Seryna: [good plan Sam, your sheet is skill set is going to make the hospital look like preschool, so go ahead and run your standard programming roll. 4 suxx gets it done, extended. The wiretapping will be for Justine Weir, Karen Broadway, Mary McCabe and Tiffany Keib]
Seryna: [just in case you want to refer to them by name later, and I'll preface it with a name so you dont have to memorize]
Jack Robinson: 2011-03-18 23:03:59 Laura Bristol rolled 11 dice to "Programming 3" 2,5,8,5,2,6,3,8,7,1,8 (3 successes) Link
2011-03-18 23:03:43 Laura Bristol rolled 11 dice to "Programming 2" 3,5,3,5,3,5,7,7,8,2,2 (1 successes) Link
2011-03-18 23:03:24 Laura Bristol rolled 11 dice to "Programming" 7,3,2,2,10,9,3,2,6,5,2,6 (2 successes) 6 total in 3 rounds.))

Jake:
Seryna: [Alrighty, Bristol has made a program viris so that patient files are her bitch. Plan on that spitting something out in about an hour]
Seryna: [you guys want to rp beer run?]
Jack Robinson: Sam: Computers bow to me! Meeee!))
Seryna: [you are pretty much Mummy]
Jack Robinson: ((You up for some team bonding Jake? ))
Jake: (yay team bondage!)
Jake: (I will rephrase that immediately....)
Jack Robinson: ((No, that comes after the booze))
Seryna: [lol...]
Jack Robinson: ((Mike will never sleep easily in the same house as Donahue and Bristol again. ))
Jack Robinson: Especially after the computers get involved...))
Jack Robinson: ^ Sam: ))
Seryna: Donahue finds a bar that fits every ones comfort zone. Perhaps more of a stretch for Bristol, but the place has an earnest, clean feel to it. There are a few sketchy looking guys by the jukebox near the rest rooms, but each bar has to have guys who should have gone home three rounds ago. The clientile seems to be mostly blue collar workers, relaxing with co workers or sitting on the bar alone, nursing a beer before going home to the domestic life.
Jack Robinson: Donahue found a table with plenty of leg room, so he could stretch out a bit. He pulled out his wallet and shoved a twenty towards Mike. "Mind gettin' 'em in?" He said, a bit tersely. "Hip's still not moving loosely after that dumpster."
Jake: "No problem." Mike took the offered note and went up to the bar to order the gang's usual first round.
Jack Robinson: Laura sat down next to Donahue, opened her laptop and shouted: "I want a Long Island Iced Tea, Mike!"
Jack Robinson: "You drink cocktails?" Donahue said suspiciously.
Seryna: Bristol attracts a glance from a man carrying a round back to his table. His eyes linger on the laptop as he drifts away, joining two buddies at the next table over.
Jack Robinson: "You're not in the Army, Donahue. Don't ask don't tell doesn't apply to me. And I'm a woman." Laura eyed the man looking at her laptop and curled an arm around it protectively.
Jack Robinson: "...Actually, I just assumed you drank electrolysis fluid or something." Donahue snarked, his eyes flickering to the man.
Jake: A few moments later, Mike returned with three drinks on a tray. "Refreshments are here." Mike commented, returning Donahue's change to him before opening a packet of roasted peanuts.
Seryna: The other two men at the table happily pounce on the beers, needling a dark haired man about someone named 'Mona' who was, by group consensus, a harpy. The man doesn't glance at Bristol again while you observe.
Jake: Mike noticed Laura's tighter than normal grip on her electronic baby. "What'd I miss?" he inquired.
Jack Robinson: Donahue scooped the change into his pocket and grabbed his beer. "Thanks, Hunter." He drank part of his pint.
Jack Robinson: Laura scowled. "Some guy was making eyes at my laptop." She snagged her cocktail. "Cheers to us."
Jake: "Cheers." Mike took a drink from his own pint. "Not a bad place this."
Jack Robinson: Donahue shrugged. "Bar's a bar, really. Once you've been in one, you've been in 'em all. Although in your case, I imagine you've pretty much been in 'em all, eh Hunter?"
Jake: "Probably. Don't recall much about any of them though." Mike smiled pleasantly. "Can't possibly think why..."
Jack Robinson: Laura glanced up from her laptop. "The one day I forget my webcam..."
Seryna: As you converse, someone enters the bar. The boisterous table quiets somewhat as they notice her. Glancing over, you don't see anything particular about the red headed woman who had just entered the bar. She's about ten pounds over weight, but she carries the weight well. She wears a modest top in a flattering green shade. You see her notice the boisterous table and stiffen. Ignoring them, she takes a seat at the bar. After a minute, the three men come back to life, the dark hair man recieving a teasing sock to the arm.
Jack Robinson: Donahue's eyes flickered over to the group, wondering if there was going to be trouble. For fuck's sake, he just wanted a quiet drink. He shook his head. "You never told me how you ended up bein' a filthy immigrant, y'know, Hunter," he said, partly for something to say.
Jack Robinson: Laura looked mortified. "And I don't get asked?"
Jack Robinson: Donahue rolled his eyes. "Kids, kids. I love you both equally. Don't make me ground your asses."
Jake: "Well I got bored of killing crocs for low pay and moved on to people for high pay instead." Mike summarized his existence. "Course then, ran into the 'wrong crowd' and decided my life would be better spent getting paid to take care of them instead." Mike explained, drinking another mouthful from his glass.
Jack Robinson: "Yeah? What was your first ENE?" Donahue said after a moment, looking at his pint.
Jake: "Wolf." Mike stated. "Not an easy kill without silver around. Last survivor of that merc band and very nearly wasn't."
Seryna: The dark haired man at the next table rises and moves towards the bar, indicating another round. At his departure, you hear the man with the roving eyes make a lewd comment about how stupid 'Mark' had been to drop Mona instead juggling her and 'DD'. The other man replies crudely to the affirmative. A few more people move from the bar to the area near the juke box, dropping a quarter in for 'Fuckin Perfect' by Pink. Most of the men raise thier voices as the female singer begins to belt it out, but the few -count them, two besides Bristol - women begin to sashay appreciatively. The bar is picking up life around you, assuring you that no ones likely to overhear.
Jack Robinson: "Messy," Laura grimaced slightly.
Jack Robinson: "It's a messy business, Bristol." Donahue said drily. "What was yours?"
Jake: "Better them than us." Mike commented.
Jack Robinson: Laura rolled her eyes at the ruckus, and her gaze flickered from Mike to Donahue. "Murders on my campus turned out to be a ghost."
Jack Robinson: "How the fuck did you figure that one out?" Donahue flicked an eyebrow.
Jack Robinson: "I got a...hooky feeling. I get it sometimes when I'm around ENEs," Laura responded awkwardly, as though concerned they were going to think her insane.
Jake: "Sort of sixth sense?" Mike raised an eyebrow.
Jack Robinson: Donahue paused. "Don't knock it, Hunter." He said after a moment. "Used to be this kid in my squad, believed he could hear shells falling before anyone else could." He looked distant for a moment. "Damned if he wasn't mostly right. We used to call him Turtle."
Jack Robinson: "...Because he ducked and covered." Laura snorted amusedly. "Squaddies."
Seryna: Laura's laptop beeped, reporting that something had been spit back about the patients. After a moment of glancing through, she found that all of them had been released. Old news, you already knew that. You did note that they had all been assigned to a Dr. Rabin - and that a note was added to thier files that they were being called back in for anti virals at the earliest convenience. Apparently, the hospital was being cautious about that flu.
Jack Robinson: Donahue grunted his assent and paused when Laura's laptop beeped. "Ah. You got Mail."
Seryna: As Laura was reading, a shout could be heard from outside the bar. Several patrons turn and glance towards it. One man comes inside from the street, exclaiming. "Someone's fallen outside. Guys bleeding - call 911!"
Jack Robinson: "They're coming back in for anti-virals soon, they're assuming regular 'flu-" Laura's head jerked up and she looked at Mike. "Call 911, D, you know battlefield medicine, give me a hand!" She grabbed the medical kit from her laptop bag and dashed outside.
Jack Robinson: Donahue flashed a wry little grin and hauled himself out of the seat. "No rest for the wicked, Hunter."
Jake: Mike followed the other two outside, having dialled and waiting for a response.
Jake: not forgetting to pick up Laura's laptop as he left the table*
Jake: ((Have no wish to die for getting that stolen...))
Jack Robinson: Good though!))
Seryna: Mike quickly found himself describing his locale and the details as the man had yelled them. Joining Bristol and Donahue outside, he found a man in a nice brown cordoury coat lying on the ground. The man was in his mid fifties- his hair was all but gone, his health appeared poor as he breathed slowly, a certain sign of shock. You spy no blood on the ground. As Bristol and Donahue approach, they see no signs that the man was having a stroke- or a heart attack. Two glistening droplets of blood on his collar lead your eyes upwards, to his neck. There you see not two neat pin pricks as in the hospital - but a bloody, gaping open wound as though someone and taken a mouthful- and ripped it out. You see a nasty level within the neck, a level not meant to be seen by human eyes. Theres very lit
Seryna: little blood flow from the wound, however.
Seryna: [done]
Jack Robinson: "Shit," Laura muttered, moving in immediately and making sure that a) the wound was clean, andthat the guy kept breathing. "What happened here? Did anyone see anything?"
Jack Robinson: Donahue awkwardly lowered himself to street level so he could support Laura in her efforts.
Jack Robinson: 2011-03-19 00:09:07 Laura Bristol rolled 10 dice to "Int 4 + Med 3 + Kit 3" 1,5,3,6,4,6,6,4,1,7 (0 successes) Link
2011-03-19 00:08:23 Sergeant Donahue Mason rolled 4 dice to "Int 2 + Med 1 + Emergancy kit 1" 7,4,7,1 (0 successes)

Jack Robinson: ((...I think this roller is botched.))
Jack Robinson: ((It's putting out an amazing amount of 7s.))
Seryna: [lmao. the odds are...]
Jack Robinson: "Fuck!" Laura snarled, and kept trying, if the guy was still breathing.
Seryna: The people about you shake thier heads, appearing transfixed as they watch Laura. They are mute, offering no details. The man continues to draw slow, steady breathes. His eyes stare upwards, opening and closing at even, measured moments.
Jack Robinson: 2011-03-19 00:11:38 Laura Bristol rolled 10 dice to "Round 2 Med" 5,1,1,9,5,9,6,2,9,5 (3 successes) Link
2011-03-19 00:11:22 Sergeant Donahue Mason rolled 4 dice to "Round 2 Med" 6,5,2,6 (0 successes)
Jack Robinson: Sam: That's more like it!))
Seryna: Laura manages to find a slow, light bleeder in the man's neck. A proper amount of pressure and sterile gauze and the blood loss soon slows, promising to clot. In the distance, a siren sounds. The crowd begins to drift.
Seryna:
As Donahue and Bristol stablize the man, all hear a sharp yell further down the street. Glancing up, you see two figures brawling. One is tall and lithe - you'd say lean, if not from the athletiscism displayed in dodging a mighty haymaker from the other combatant.

Yet the second person is odd- the person looks to be a transcient, wearing a baggy sweater, dark pants- and a odd wrapping around his face. The person with the odd wrapping makes an odd lunge at at the lithe person, grabbing them by the shoulders.

Some quick movement occurs as another man enters the fray. The homeless man quits the fight, darting into the shadows.

Seryna: [done]
Jack Robinson: Donahue slapped Laura on the shoulder. "You got this, go with him to the hospital, try and find out what happened." He barked. "Hunter!"
Jack Robinson: Laura nodded, completely focussed on keeping this man alive.
Jake: Mike looked at Donahue and nodded, racing towards the brawlers.
Seryna: As the two TFV agents prepare themselves to enter the fray, they note that the two men they had witnessed brawling pursue the transcient into the shadows. You wonder for what purpose- the fight was done. Surely, these men had no idea what they were pursuring! Laura continues her efforts, gratified to see that the guaze under her hands is slowly clotting.

Seryna

http://shadowclaw.proboards.com

Back to top Go down