Motor City Burning
Welcome to Motor City Burning: World of Darkness online role playing game. Due to the graphic, predatory nature of the violence and adult activities Kindred, Hunters, and the Created take part in, we require all players to be 18 years of age or older. If you are at least 18 and would like to play with us, hit the "Register" key and come on in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Motor City Burning
Welcome to Motor City Burning: World of Darkness online role playing game. Due to the graphic, predatory nature of the violence and adult activities Kindred, Hunters, and the Created take part in, we require all players to be 18 years of age or older. If you are at least 18 and would like to play with us, hit the "Register" key and come on in!
Motor City Burning
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Those thieving kids [Tom ]

2 posters

Go down

Those thieving kids [Tom ] Empty Those thieving kids [Tom ]

Post by Seryna Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:40 pm

Tom's day had been deliciously average. Good nights sleep; second day of work... Today found him on a 12 PM - 7 P.M. shift. His day time manager was walking over with an unfamiliar man towards Tom. "Tom," Kelly, his day time manager, began. "I'd like you to meet the night time manager. His name is Lucas." Lucas gave you a nod; but his face was impassive. "He'll be running things after 5." Kelly continues.
Tom just sort of nods his head, already feeling tired, and the shift hadn't even started. "Sure thing. Whatever you need me to do man."

"Great," Kelly nodded."I'll be scheduled again tomorrow. Have good night; Tom, Lucas." She departed from the store. "Tom?" Lucas said slowly. "I need you to front the merchandise in Paint. Turn everything so the label faces front..." He describes a mind numbingly boring process of facing the merchandise and departs. As you glance after him, you wonder where all of the other employees went.
Five minutes ago; you could see three women in soft lines. Now you only see a pair of teenagers giggling over condoms; hiding behind a rack of sweaters.

Glancing the other way; you see Lucas and a pretty woman heading towards the break room. She's leaning against him suggestively.

"Oh that's some bullshit." Tom mutters as he watches his new boss hit on some chick while on duty. After grumbling to himself, he starts doing what the manager told him to do.

The night drags on and as Tom is nearly finished facing the merchandise; a old woman in a pink fuzzy sweater and small round hat perched askew on her head appears. "Excuse me," She smiles at you. "Are you the boy who mixes paint?" You spot a paint hue card in her hand.

Tom looks at the woman irritably. "Yeah I guess." He mutters, what do you need?"

"I need this 'puce'," She hands you the card. "But can you make it with less people? More a lavender shade?"

Tom frowns slightly. "Yeah sure. Tell you what I'll just order it custom from China and it'll be here in a few weeks." He says dryly, trying to blow the woman off.

"No, no." The woman invades your personal space; gesturing wildly at the card. "My Jilly needs it by Tuesday!" It was Saturday.

"Yeah sure, well. I'll see what I can do,"

The old woman quibbles with you over the qaulity of your paint. You are forced to make her three different cans; each attempting to be 'more lavender'; when as far as you could tell, puce wasn't supposed to *be lavender*. Hence the red in the mix. When she finally departs; murmuring 'I hope ths will do,' you catch sight of the employee door swinging open. One of those giggling teenagers- the male; with long, stringy hair- looks around furtively and darts inside. You don't see the teenage girl he had been with earlier. Glancing back to the sweater rack they had been hiding behind, you see a crumpled paper on the neat row of sweaters.

"What the hell?" He mutters. Tom heads for the employee door to investigate. "Hey you cant go in there dumbass." He yells.
ST:
There is no response to the yell. Opening the door and glancing inside, you look down the hall. At the end of the hall are two doors- one to the employee break room; one to the bathrooms. Down the other hall is the underbelly of the store; where the inventory is stored. You hear a splintering sound from the employee lounge. Something like wood breaking.

Tom runs to the employee room to investigate.
Spoiler:

As Tom enters the break room, he finds Lucas leaning against the candy machine. A splintered wooden chair lies behind him. Lucas appears winded, rubbing his back side. "Man,." He says, seeing you. "- the chair broke. Just about broke my ass."

Spoiler:

As Tom enters the break room, he finds Lucas leaning against the candy machine. A splintered wooden chair lies behind him. Lucas appears winded, rubbing his back side. "Man," He says, seeing you. "- the chair broke. Just about broke my ass."

Tom looks a little bewildered. "I thought I saw some kids sneaking around here. Probably trying to steal some stuff."

"Really?" Lucas smooths his clothing. "I didn't see any one come down here. They must have gone for the inventory. Come on, lets go look for them." He moves to the doorway; standing close to you. "Did you tell L.P.?" He asks, referring to Loss Prevention.

"Nah man, it just happened." Tom answered, giving the room a glance over one last time before heading back to look for the kids with Lucas.

Lucas stays with you as you walk down the aisles, searching for the teenagers you have seen. As you near bedding, you hear a crashing noise coming from housewares. Nearly instantaneously, you spot a cardboard box... moving. No, the sides of it were squirming. Lucas is turned away; glancing towards house wares. He didn't seem to notice the odd box. "I'll be back," He states, moving away. As he moves, you wonder at his grace. He moves like he's picking through blades of grass during a hunt in the wilderness. Something about it seems oddly predatory.

Tom looks at the guy with a rather odd look before going to investigate the moving box. He shudders a bit feeling a little anxious about how the night was unfolding

As Tom nears the box; it explodes upwards. A young woman - armed with a baseball bat - rolls out of it athletically. She rolls herself into a low defensive position, her bat lined him with what you would imagine would be a brutal swing to your left knee. She pauses for a fraction of a second, but the imminent violence is alarming. "Where is he?" She hisses quietly.

Tom puts his hands up. "Woah, woah hold on a second. Who are you talking about?"

You realize that this young, capable looking woman is the teenager you spotted earlier with the missing young man. "The -" She shakes her head, then begins speaking again. "- Lucas. He's a registered sex offender." She leans around you, looking down the aisle where Lucas had gone. There is no sign of Lucas.

Yeah sure he is." Tom answers.. "Tell you what, I'll go get him for you." He turns to run, bolting in the direction of the check out counters to hit the panic button.

Spoiler:

Tom races to the check out area; trying to outmaneuver the odd girl with the bat. he slides behind the cash register, slamming his finger on the panic button. The sound of a swinging door announces the arrival of someone- glancing over his shoulder, Tom watches with alarm as the woman wielding the bat runs out of the back room as well. She ignores you, however, running towards the exit. As she races by the sweater rack, a piece of crumpled paper there floats down to the floor.

Tom pauses to take stock of the situation. Looking to see who is entering the store, and then walking over to pick up the piece of paper. '

As he moves to the piece of paper, he spots a hand drawn picture. Its quality i s superb - he immediately recognizes Lucas. Underneath Lucas' hand drawn face is a short list under the heading 'linked to murders'. Scanning the list, you see three names from this year- and one of them you recognize. Julie Tanner, a cashier who used to work with you in Paint. The other two names are dated years ago, when you would have been a young child. Kyle and Hannah Moore.

Spoiler:

"What the hell?" He mutters. He stashes the piece of paper in his pocket and looks around.

As He looks around; he spots Lucas exiting the employee lounge. "That was a waste of time," He states flatly. "-some fool MCA dropped some pans. You see anything?

"I thought I saw someone run out the back door, so I hit the panic button."
He breathes heavily. "Weird friggin night huh?"
Spoiler:

Lucas gives you a long look. He doesn't speak for a minute, the silence drawing out uncomfortably.
The ackward silence is shattered as a man in a blue button up shirt and a laminated 'Loss prevention' badge around his neck approaches the register that Tom had used for his panic signal.
"What's going on?" He barked.

Spoiler:

"Some kids were screwing around in the employee lounge and inventory. Think they might have been trying to steal stuff." Tom answers.

"Hm," The man from L.P. frowns. "We'll check out the cameras. Do you know if any one is still in the area?"
Some time during your first reply to the L.P. employee; Lucas has slipped away.

Tom shrugs. "Beats the hell out of me. I don't think they're still in the store." Tom glances around, wondering why Lucas had left so suddenly

Seryna

http://shadowclaw.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Those thieving kids [Tom ] Empty Re: Those thieving kids [Tom ]

Post by Seratone Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:25 pm

Later on that night when he got back to his crappy apartment. Tom ran a few internet searches on the names of the victims.

The whole thing seemed crazy, but at least two of those murders happened around the time that his parents were killed. He didn't remember much of that night so long ago. But it had always stayed with him his whole life.

http://sheetgen.dalines.net/wiki/WikiDiceRoller?hash=b3d218f5 (2 sux)
http://sheetgen.dalines.net/wiki/WikiDiceRoller?hash=e9814c74 (1 sux)
http://sheetgen.dalines.net/wiki/WikiDiceRoller?hash=4e270e36 (2 sux)

Seratone

Back to top Go down

Post by Seryna Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:11 pm

Spoiler:

Seryna

Back to top Go down

Post by Seratone Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:00 am

[Use the following three names: Search name + murder]

[Julie Tanner, a cashier who used to work with you in Paint. The other two names are dated years ago, when you would have been a young child. Kyle and Hannah Moore.]

Seratone

Back to top Go down

Post by Seryna Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:00 pm

The search does turn up two pages. One is quite recent and is of your work associate, Julie.

Those thieving kids [Tom ] Newspaper-1

The article offers a picture of a sprawled woman with a sheet pulled up over to her forehead.
Spoiler:

The second search turns up an older newspaper article.
Those thieving kids [Tom ] 00a

Seryna

Back to top Go down

Post by Seratone Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:18 am

http://sheetgen.dalines.net/wiki/WikiDiceRoller?hash=b0abef90

Tom gasps as he looks at evidence of the murders.

"Julie, I knew that chick. How come no one told me about this?" He shudders slightly.

But lacking any additional evidence, Tom did not feel confident about taking any additional action.

He decided to call it a night and go to his next shift as if everything were normal.

Seratone

Back to top Go down

Post by Seryna Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:42 am

The next afternoon, Tom worked 12 PM - 6 P.M. As he arrived from work, he sees Kelly, the afternoon shift manager, deep in conversation with two of your co - workers, Ashley Mendiola and Milieona Pond. The three look concerned.

Spotting you, Kelly waves you over.

"Tom, you may be approached by a police officer in the first hour of your shift," She begins, looking over your shoulder as if searching for someone. Her dark eyes seem clouded with worry today.
"The body of a young man was found the next street over from the store. The police believe that he was in the store before he was killed, so an officer has been questioning everybody who worked yesterday.

He also is asking about Julie,"

Kelly trailed off, appearing distracted. Millie and Ashley appear just as troubled.

Seryna

Back to top Go down

Post by Seratone Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:16 pm

Tom looks understandably shocked.

"I ahh, ok I'll do that." He mutters.

"Hey ummm, do you know if that new shift manager is working tonight?"

Seratone

Back to top Go down

Post by Seryna Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:07 am

"Lucas? " Kelly shook her head. "He's off for the next two days. He always has week ends off."

Kelly frowned and indicated behind you. Turning; you see a man in a grey jacket and slacks walking towards you. After brief introductions, you learn that he is Detective Rowe.

"I just have few questions for you," The detective assured briskly, checking a small note pad before meeting your eyes.

"I understand that you worked yesterday. Did anything out of the ordinary occur?"

Seryna

Back to top Go down

Post by Seratone Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:06 am

"Yeah, I thought I saw someone run out the back door, and before that I thought I saw some kid sneaking into the back room where Lucas was working. It was a really weird night."

"So my co-worker was murdered? Was this last night?"

He still seemed a little shocked by the tragic event.

Seratone

Back to top Go down

Post by Seryna Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:35 pm

"You know she wasn't murdered last night." The detective stated. "Paper ran Ms. Tanner's story on the 1st. "

"The body of a young man was found on the street over last night. Took a terrible beating."

The man made a notation in his book.
"Lets start with someone sneaking in the back room. What can you tell me about that?"

Seryna

Back to top Go down

Post by Seratone Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:00 pm

"It was a young looking guy, he couldn't have been that old, probably a teenager."

"I ran back there to see what was going on but I didn't see the kid. I thought I heard a loud noise coming from Lucas' office, so I ran in there. But all I saw was a broken chair."

Seratone

Back to top Go down

Post by Seryna Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:38 pm

You realize that the detective's face lacks any expression as you speak; an excellent 'poker face'. You are unsure if what you are telling him is news to him or not.

"Lucas's office?" The detective made a notation.
"A teenager." The detective reaches into a flap in his notepad, withdrawing a 4 X 6 photograph. He holds it up so that you get a clear look at it.

"Tell me if you recognize this person."

You immediately recognize that the young man in the photograph is the one you saw last night. You had last seen him going towards the employee lounge / bathroom area last evening.

In the photograph; the young man's hair is longer than when you had seen him, parted in a way that made him look young. Perhaps sixteen or seventeen.

Seryna

Back to top Go down

Post by Seratone Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:29 am

Tom nods his head anxiously. "Yeah that's the guy. You know what killed him?"

Seratone

Back to top Go down

Post by Seryna Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:30 pm

"Coroner's saying blunt force trauma to the head." The detective said flatly. "He likely died very quickly."

A page flipped on his note pad.
"Now, this kid going out the back door. Can you describe the person for me? Age, gender. Any specifics would be helpful."

Seryna

Back to top Go down

Post by Seratone Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:02 pm

"Yeah I didn't get a really good look, but from what I saw, it looked like a young white female, probably another teenager would be my guess."

Seratone

Back to top Go down

Post by Seryna Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:55 pm

"So you didn't recognize her at all." The detective nodded. "Do you think that you'd recognize her if you saw her again? If you see this young lady, as her to get in contact with me."

He hands you a business card through the police department.

"Do you have anything else to tell me?"

Seryna

Back to top Go down

Post by Seratone Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:29 pm

Tom shakes his head. "Maybe I don't know."

A pause as the detective asks another question.

"Nah, that's it."

Seratone

Back to top Go down

Post by Seryna Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:44 pm

"All right, thanks for your help."

The Detective said good bye brusquely and moved away towards the cash register; presumably to question more of your coworkers.

Your work day progresses normally from there out. You help some customers, make a few sales and soon your work day comes to an end.
As you clock out and begin to leave, you see a pair of police officers exiting the back room, where the break room is located. You overhear one of them remark:

'Sergeant, there's somethin' you should see downstairs. Whole pool of blood behind the snack machines in the break room. Rope it off?"

Seryna

Back to top Go down

Post by Seratone Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:50 am

Tom goes down to where the officer mentioned to see if he can spot anything for himself without arousing too much suspicion.

http://sheetgen.dalines.net/wiki/WikiDiceRoller?hash=0225c132

Seratone

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum