Motor City Burning
Welcome to Motor City Burning: World of Darkness online role playing game. Due to the graphic, predatory nature of the violence and adult activities Kindred, Hunters, and the Created take part in, we require all players to be 18 years of age or older. If you are at least 18 and would like to play with us, hit the "Register" key and come on in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Motor City Burning
Welcome to Motor City Burning: World of Darkness online role playing game. Due to the graphic, predatory nature of the violence and adult activities Kindred, Hunters, and the Created take part in, we require all players to be 18 years of age or older. If you are at least 18 and would like to play with us, hit the "Register" key and come on in!
Motor City Burning
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ch 2. Home for the Holidays

5 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Ch 2. Home for the Holidays - Page 2 Empty Re: Ch 2. Home for the Holidays

Post by cobrawax Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:54 am

Ralphie eventually spotted Harold and nodded back at him. He didn't really want to run up either. He was a little nervous about drawing too much attention. He wasn't quite sure what the other guy was, except for he was definitely not normal. A created, like him. The only other he had seen for quite a while.
cobrawax
cobrawax

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaser Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:44 am

The younger promethean looked at Harold with interest, as he explained the base line about this Star Wars, it seemed interesting, and maybe they could find a way to look at it later? At the very least he could get Harold to tell him the full story later, once they where resting, the thought remained in the back of his mind even after he got distracted with the explanation of body ink…

Individuality…” He whispered, more to himself then in any answer to their words, it was a hard concept to grasp, at least by watching humans, and Ben’s words hit the nail on the head, Chase understood that much, that strangely enough mortals seemed to be obsessed with being ‘unique’ and at the same time ‘part of the group’.

It was strange talking with the other Created, they seemed to bounce pretty quickly from one subject to another, then again, the Riven hadn’t ever spoken for too long with anyone, they made him wonder if this was how long and friendly conversations usually went, there was so much being said, Harold’s questions made him wonder about his own opinion on the subject, he wasn’t much for philosophical discussions though, despite his ‘spiritual nature’ the Ulgan was a creature of action firstly and foremost…

He figured he would always pick life, if only because only in life you could run, leap, fight and eat.

Ben’s answer made him frown for some reason, he wasn’t completely sure why, maybe because he knew people usually didn’t seem to care much for them, so what was the point on over worrying about what would happen to them? His voice came loud enough for them to hear him this time, and there was something cold and sharp on it “People hurt each-other all the time…
And they hurt us even more often, if they can get away with it.

And then they could see him, another one like them, but unlike any of them, Chaser’s head moved slightly to the side with curiosity, but remained a step behind Harold for now.
Chaser
Chaser

Back to top Go down

Post by Innerlight Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:02 pm

Harold moved in closer to the other promethan while continuing the conversation with his friends. Harold nodded to Chasers comment, it sounded slightly bitter, but also not an uncommon response. The medical dummy hoped that in the end he found the sacride nature of all life, but he could literally spend the entire day trying to explain why all life, even promethan life, was a special thing. Harold knew Chaser would come to his own conclusions that didn't involve dismissing humanity all together, he didn't seem to be full of rage or torment, he had a much better chance then most.

The medical dummy looked through a rack of sunglasses, and knew just the promethan he wanted to give them too, Old Rob in the body of an old blues man. He half looked at Ralphie pulling him into their current conversation as if he were there all along not a stranger, "So which are you Empire or Rebellion?", Harold said to Ralphie not knowing how much of their conversation he caught already.
Innerlight
Innerlight

http://www.draugrim.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by cobrawax Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:17 pm

Ralphie smirked slightly. "I'm always up for a rebellion." Ralphie casually tossed the jacket onto one of the racks. "Though I don't know what this empire you guys are talking about. But it sounds bad. I guess I just don't like guys telling you what to do and what to think. Though sometimes...it makes surviving a lot easier."
cobrawax
cobrawax

Back to top Go down

Post by Majunior Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:29 pm

Ben looks back to Chaser, "Just because it happens doesn't make it ok. I think I want to be better than that... other people's poor behavior doesn't justify our own poor behavior, does it?"

Shrugging, Ben starts looking at clothes with a sense of curiosity. He had always viewed them as a social necessity, but having more than two or three pairs seemed excessive to him.When one pair is dirty, you wash it and wear the other pair. Repeat. Replace a set when they get too beat up.

Looking at the newcomer, Ben adds, "Life is full of people telling you what you can and can't do. You can't avoid it. You can think anything you want, but you can't act on those thoughts if they are contrary to what you're allowed to do. Society in general seems built on that premise."
Majunior
Majunior

Back to top Go down

Post by Innerlight Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:05 pm

Harold smiles and says, "I'm leaning towards getting a job as a gift wrapper but if that's all filled up I'll sit in the parking lot and get arrested with the protestors...", Harold paused mid thought, "Or if I can get one of those elf jobs with Mall Santa, or be Santa, I'd do that", said Harold having to have to differentiant between fake ass Santa and real Santa. He didn't seem as if he cared the justication or the morality of either side of the equation, their were just certain things he wanted to do regardless of the moral implication a human may put on it. "So that's what I'm going to do", said Harold clearly telling everyone what he planned and contingencies if his first plan didn't happen.
Innerlight
Innerlight

Back to top Go down

Post by Majunior Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:54 pm

"Well," Ben thinks aloud, "I wonder if I could get hired as security. It seems like it would be what I'm good at. If not that, then maybe some sort of cleaning crew or helping move stuff. It's a season where there seems to be a lot of moving stuff."

Majunior
Majunior

Back to top Go down

Post by cobrawax Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:52 pm

Ralphie's sunken eyes widen. "A job? Where? I need a job. I could by winter clothes and Christmas stuff if I had more money." He said as he pulled out the few coins he had out of his pockets and counted them.
cobrawax
cobrawax

Back to top Go down

Post by Majunior Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:25 pm

"Here I guess," Ben said with a shrug. "Seems like a good way to learn about people, although hopefully we don't make things too much worse."
Majunior
Majunior

Back to top Go down

Post by cobrawax Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:00 am

Ralph nodded. "I bet it is a good way to learn about people. That's kind of like the thing I'm doing now. Trying to figure out what all this," Ralphie gestured to all the decorations and frantic shoppers around him "is about."
cobrawax
cobrawax

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaser Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:29 am

The young Ulgan had to concede to Ben’s point there, at least in a purely moral standpoint, it was true, and he could understand it that way, even if with smaller words and maybe a bit slower, what Chaser couldn’t really put into words just yet, was the odd feeling there was something inherently wrong in trying to be ‘better than them’ when your goal was ‘being like them’…

He said nothing of it yet though and remained silent while the others talked about simpler subjects.

Like job hunting by instance, it seemed like the right thing to do, get some extra money, maybe that way he could buy the others something nice, he only hoped the stores were still open when they got it.

So when everyone seemed to agree to take jobs with ‘the Empire’ the Riven simply nodded with child-like enthusiasm, he didn’t like crowds, he’d rather be inside then outside with all those people, at least here, they seemed to focus on the things and not in him, plus, maybe they could complete Santa’s Challenge, Chase wasn’t sure why, but he felt it was important they did it together.

So it’s decided? We’ll get jebs here?
Chaser
Chaser

Back to top Go down

Post by Innerlight Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:23 am

"Jobs sure, if they have any I like", said Harold not in it for any ole job, purely ones he'd never done before. Harold took a look at Ralphies clothes and wanted to offer him a Christmas gift of decent attire, but if he did it would rob him the opportunity to do it for himself maybe even slowing down his pilgrimage, if he cared about such things.

"Well I'm off to the rat race", said Harold slowly turning towards the door to go to the special room. The medical dummy handed Ralphie his card, which had his websight and email address on it, "in case you're moving on", he said to the Osiran as if their was no pressure for him to stay with them or go.

Spoiler:
Innerlight
Innerlight

Back to top Go down

Ch 2. Home for the Holidays - Page 2 Empty Meeting Scrooge

Post by Seratone Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:11 pm

The created make their way to an administrative office, and are asked to fill out some paper work by a front desk secretary, an older woman.

She tells you to wait in a lounge area. After 20 or so minutes she calls everyone's name as listed in the paper work

"Ok, you four, Mr. Scrooge will see you now."

She buzzes a door open, which leads directly into a small dimly lit office. An elderly man with bald and wrinkled skin thick glasses and conservative business attire sits behind a massive desk that takes up most of the office, leaving little room for visitors to sit despite the four chairs.

A plaque on the desk says "Scrooge" on it.

"Ok, so you all are the ones that want to work here for the Holiday season right?" His tone is serious yet skeptical and he studies everyone's reactions carefully before continuing.

"Its going to be a lot of long hours, nights and weekends. Is that going to be a problem?"

He nods his head, as if he already answered the question for himself.

"Well I've got one opening in loss protection. I need two elves to work retail in Santa's gift shop, and I need a new Santa Clause. The one I got now is a piece of shit that's drunk all the time."

He starts going over the paper work slowly.

"Ok, Ben is it? I'm sending you to loss protection. Go find Brutus at the security office, he'll get you up to speed."

"And let's see now. Harold? Congrats, you're Santa Clause. That's down on the first floor, the elves will get you up to speed."

He looks at Chaser and Ralphie. "You two are elves. That's at the gift shop. Its right next to where Santa Clause is gonna be."

He looks over everyone carefully.

"Just one more thing before you go. I don't tolerate thieves in my midst. If you see anything, report it to Brutus or me."

"That's all." He concludes sounding as cold as ever.

Seratone

Back to top Go down

Post by Majunior Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:17 pm

"Yes Sir," Ben says in a very matter-of-fact tone. There is no sarcasm or attitude, it's an honest, simple answer to the instructions given.

He leaves the office, shifting his backpack and feeling the uneven load of the small chainsaw shift. Looking to the others, he says, "I have to find Brutus. And the security office."

He turns to the secretary and smiles, "I'm sorry to bother you, ma'am. Can you direct me to the security office?"
Majunior
Majunior

Back to top Go down

Post by Innerlight Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:50 am

Harold chuckles to himself when the name Mr. Scrooge is thrown around. He does everything in his power not to bust up with laughter. He didn't miss a beat and said absolutely nothing years ago he would have thought a name that weird rather suspicious, but now he could give a shit if he got to be Santa. He waited up for Chaser and Ralphie before going to the gift hut.
Innerlight
Innerlight

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaser Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:32 am

His red eyes stare with fixated interest as the man speaks, nodding every once in a while just to make sure the ‘boss’ knew he understood, just by looking at Chaser’s face is easy to guess he is young and inexperienced, but right now it’s also easy to notice he is eager to get the job and keep it…

When they finally get their assignment, ‘elves’ that’s the only time his focus seems broken, he seems slightly confused as if he’d had expected something slightly more obvious maybe.

I don’t know what that means” He says looking at Harold, as soon as he gets appointed ‘elf

Yet the meeting wraps up rather quickly, and as Harold moves along the young Ulgan follows him, knowing his own work station must be close enough, so maybe there they can tell him what ‘elves’ are supposed to do.
Chaser
Chaser

Back to top Go down

Post by Innerlight Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:25 pm

Harold turns to Chaser and says, "dude you need YouTube", the medical dummy said knowing he picked his Christmas gift wisely. "Elves are Santas littler helpers that help make his toys in the mythology, though I don't know what they do in real life. We can ask quashmillian Santa about it when we see him next".
Innerlight
Innerlight

Back to top Go down

Post by cobrawax Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:30 pm

Ralphie scratched his head. "Wait, what kind of Santa?"
cobrawax
cobrawax

Back to top Go down

Post by Innerlight Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:55 pm

"We talked to a Quashmillian Santa not 20 mins ago, knew are names, weird twinkle in the eye, and he told us to stay in the mall and learn about people, mentioned something about redemption too. Pretty sure he's quashmillian Santa... Or an angel... Or Some sort of Bagger Vance mystical teacher character if nothing else. No big deal", said Harold as if he didn't sweat omens and mystical guidance this late in the game.
Innerlight
Innerlight

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaser Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:08 am

The young Ulgan’s expression made it obvious that he didn’t really understood what they were talking about…

He could had told Harold again he didn’t knew what he was talking about, but there was a small part of him that couldn’t quite get everything so fast, besides, there was no point, he could ask later, maybe when they were done with the job at hand, however there was one word in particular, the unfleshed said it twice, and it stuck him as odd, especially when talking about Santa.

What’s a Squashmian?
Chaser
Chaser

Back to top Go down

Post by Seratone Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:46 pm

Harold, Chaser and Ralphie head downstairs to where the Santa Clause exhibit is on display. One can see a gift shop at the front of the exhibit where the line of children would normally start. A sign on the shop reads.

Santa and his elves are out to lunch.

There was no children around, but Santa was in fact still sitting on his chair, drinking something out of a brown paper bag. He appears to be arguing with a middle aged woman with a tan complexion and dark hair…and dressed in a green elf outfit.

“Look the boss says your outta here man. You screwed up the last time. So you better get your drunk ass out of here before they have to drag you out.” The woman says.

“Scrooge can go ahead and suck it.” Santa replies, making an obscene gesture with his hand in the process.

“I do a damn good job here. So if he wants to go ahead and fire me, he better come down here himself, and then I’ll show him what’s what.”

“Besides, I wanna see the chump he hired to replace me.” Santa Clause snickers.

Meanwhile…[Ben]

Ben arrives at the Security Office on the first floor. The place seems almost empty except for one guy behind the counter. He was a broad shouldered guy with a wide girth a bald head, and a pudgy face, and wore a security guard uniform.

As he looks up he nods. “You must be the new guy huh. They told me they were sending you down here. Well ah welcome to security. There really ain’t much too it. Toss the drunks out, and lock the shoplifters up, at least until the cops get here.”

You hear some chatter on the man’s walkie talkie.

“Huh, it sounds like they’ve got a problem at the Santa Clause exhibit. How bout you follow me down there.”

Seratone

Back to top Go down

Post by Majunior Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:39 pm

"I assume I'm just tailing for the moment," Ben assesses, "getting me a uniform would take time. Even if it's only ten minutes, I am guessing we are needed now. Lead on, sir, I'll observe for the moment then."

Shifting his backpack without even realizing it, he steps back and holds the door open, allowing the guard to head out first meaning he can follow and watch.
Majunior
Majunior

Back to top Go down

Post by Innerlight Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:05 am

Harold says to Chaser, "Well, in promethan lore, from what I've heard from all the travelers I've met Quashmillians are like ghost/angel type creatures that pop up out of nowhere and give our kind some sort of mission. I've heard from multiple sources that they have varied approaches, and nobody knows if they're good or bad, they just ask you to do something that fits into some mystical plan", said Harold telling it like he saw it.

Harold looked to the scene he was about to walk into and shook his head knowing he'd have to have to deal with it. He asks Chaser, "Do you like tasers or pepperspray?". The medical dummy handed him whichever he had an inclination for. "If he comes at me go ahead and take him down I'll just turtle up and tire him out... if it gets to that", knowing that he got attacked for no reason all the time, and having a reason he'd probably not be so lucky.

Harold kept walking right into the incident.

Spoiler:
Innerlight
Innerlight

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaser Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:02 am

Somehow, Harold’s explanation seemed too simple and at the same time needlessly complicated, something told the young Ulgan he would do better not to keep asking questions about such matters there, where it was not only possible they would be overheard, but probable…

And then, it seemed they had another little confrontation in their hands.

After the two weeks of traveling together, Chase knew the Unfleshed didn’t liked to resort to harming others to get their way, even if sometimes it was against their best interests, ironically, he almost seemed to be expecting the worst outcome and the spilling of blood more than either of the Titans.

It mattered little however, if it came down to it, the short Riven was more than confident he could handle a drunken mortal, still, his hand carefully took the Pepper-spray, when Harold offered it to him, a soft smile playing on the boyish face as his soft voice asked, as if it was the most natural thing in the world, and by now, they both know he isn’t joking, crimson red eyes focusing on the large oaf with a mixture between eagerness and single mindedness “Ya want me to quiet him down?

Spoiler:
Chaser
Chaser

Back to top Go down

Post by Seratone Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:34 pm

The drunk Santa Clause looks past the woman to scowl at Harold.

"Don't tell me your the guy."

"You low down piece of crap. Boy you got a mine to be showing up here. Why I oughta break your face in right now." He gets up and starts walking toward Harold, a mean scowl on his face.

But before he can do anything, Brutus, the large security officer grabs the Santa's arms from behind and pushes him away.

"Get the hell out of here Jake. If you show up again the only face getting broke is yours!" Brutus mutters.

Ben is also present at the scene, arriving with Brutus.

The security officer let's go of the Santa and shoves him toward the entrance. "Go on, git!"

The Santa sneers. "Whatever, this job didn't pay crap anyway!"

Brutus looks over at Ben. "See, like I said, really ain't much too it." He grins.

Meanwhile, the woman in the elf costume just rolls her eyes. She walks over to the newcomers.

"Hey, you're the new hires right? I'm your supervisor Maria. The costumes are all in the back room, back there. So I'll tell you what, you all can get suited up, and I'm gonna have a quick smoke ok?"

[Taser/stun gun. Will heal a promethean but also reveal disfigurements. Only if used on self]

Seratone

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum