Motor City Burning
Welcome to Motor City Burning: World of Darkness online role playing game. Due to the graphic, predatory nature of the violence and adult activities Kindred, Hunters, and the Created take part in, we require all players to be 18 years of age or older. If you are at least 18 and would like to play with us, hit the "Register" key and come on in!

Gimme Shelter [Attn All Prometheans]

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Gimme Shelter [Attn All Prometheans]

Post by Seratone on Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:53 pm

Harold ascertains that the injured man was bit in the neck by an animal of some kind, the wound however is infected. He also has a running fever.

"I'm not feeling so good man, the white bearded fellow mutters. He lies down on the cold hard concrete ground and closes his eyes, resting for the time being. Everyone in the camp looks at the sick man anxiously. Some start to scoot a little further away from him.

"Thanks for your help Doctor, let me know if you need anything," Gerald mutters, but seems distracted.

Without explaining himself, Gerald suddenly leaves the camp fire and walks into the subway car, sliding open a banged up rusty door and closing it. Disappearing from eye sight in the process.

In the unseen realm of twilight, Prowler starts to growl in the direction of the subway car but seems hesitant to follow Gerald inside.

Seratone

Posts : 372
Points : 462
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-06-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gimme Shelter [Attn All Prometheans]

Post by Innerlight on Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:51 pm

Harold nodded to Gerald, "I may need a few things, if there are anymore like this" the battered medical dummy said while administering whatever medicines he may have had in his bag that aided the old gray beard. Old people were an enigma to him, the effects of aging seemed a poor reward for the end of a human life. There didn't seem to be any poetry in the human conditions just questions, questions as numerous as with the promethan condition. Harold inspected the wound attempting to place the animal, though he wasn't versed in animal anatomy so it was all greek to him. Harold watched Gerald robotically walk into the subway car and raised a curious eyebrow.

Harold looks to Ben and says, "Looks like an animal did this I gotta get the details, if it was rabid they have a problem, if they didn't know where it is we'll probably need to find it". He said to gauge how willing the tammuz was about going on a potential adventure.

He questioned a random resident about what attacked them.

Spoiler:
If I have antibiotics I'd use it on this guy, I doubt I'd have much in the bag enough to do the entire camp though. None of this looks magical or like something I haven't seen is it?

Oh and I don't have animal ken but from the teeth marks what was the approximate size of the creature so I can rule things out Wits2 Int4 Investigate3

_________________
Murdoc - Covenant - Unaligned ((Mask of Tranquility))
((Image)) http://www.imdb.com/media/rm4176055552/nm0365445

Harold - Lineage - Unfleshed. Refinement - Copper
((Image)) http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif
((Image)) http://www.imdb.com/media/rm4151883776/nm1837590
avatar
Innerlight

Posts : 429
Points : 496
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-05-14
Location : Chicago

View user profile http://www.draugrim.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Gimme Shelter [Attn All Prometheans]

Post by Majunior on Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:11 pm

"It could be a rat," Ben suggests. "Normally they run, but hunger makes animals bold. How would we find such an animal down here? They aren't like trained doggies that come when called."

Ben's tone isn't one of resistance or dismissal, but one of honest curiosity, almost like he's waiting for the doctor to reveal some magical answer. As if he might say, "Why, I can use my divine fire to call the animals of the Earth to me at my will!"

Or something.
avatar
Majunior

Posts : 93
Points : 94
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-07-23
Location : Bremerton, Washington, USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gimme Shelter [Attn All Prometheans]

Post by Chaser on Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:07 am

As he sees Gerard enter the car, Chaser instinctively follows, even if not to enter the wagon, but to draw closer to it, not really caring if those outside noticed him as much as those inside…

A blood colored gaze spies within it, crouching silently barely poking his head to spy through one of the crystals, trying to make no sound what so ever, his own breathing barely there, the nature of his control over his body aiding him in that, hands gently a brushing the windowsill.

Spoiler:
I’m guessing I’ll need some form of Dexterity + Stealth (4 dice) is in order.


avatar
Chaser

Posts : 66
Points : 68
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-10-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gimme Shelter [Attn All Prometheans]

Post by Seratone on Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:02 am

Chaser listens in on a quiet conversation between Gerald, and another man. This other man speaks with a feint distorted whisper which seems to echo throughout the subway car.

"Damnit, how much longer is this going to take?" Gerald mutters to the unknown entity.

"By the time the sun sets tomorrow." Comes the reply

"We're not going to be alive by tomorrow. They’re on to us now." Gerald replies in a nasty manner.

"It’s the only way to save her" comes the chilled response.

Meanwhile, outside the subway car...

The sickened man starts shaking violently, as if going into a seizure, his eyes go wide and he lets out a loud gasp.

Fur starts sprouting out of the gaping wound in his neck, and quickly spreads to other parts of the body.

The throng of people watch in horror as the man’s muscles are ripped apart only to be replaced with stranger and larger muscles. The man’s face starts to transform as well. His nose and teeth transforming into a massive snout and terrible gnashing teeth.

It could only be seconds before the transformation was complete giving the created only a small window to take action…

Seratone

Posts : 372
Points : 462
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-06-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gimme Shelter [Attn All Prometheans]

Post by Majunior on Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:30 am

With the sudden change and obvious danger changing before his very eyes Ben silently reaches back, stuffing his hand into the hole left by the partly opened zipper in his back pack, pulling it open wide and bringing the relatively small electric chainsaw out. It roars to life as he brings the weapon down in front of him, holding it one handed like a loud and mouthy short sword and he quickly moves off to the side in something of a flanking position, glancing to Harold as if to ask, "Now?"

Spoiler:
If Harold says yes, or the monster attacks, Ben will spend 1 Pyros to activate Ingrained Reflexes and attack. The Dice Pool should be 7 dice (before factoring the enemies defense) with 8 Again and Rote Action. If Harold seems urgent in his reply, Ben will use a Willpower for +3. If the monster attacks an average person, Ben will spend a Willpower for +3 and Go All Out for an additional +2.

Ben's Defense would be a 3 -- 2 standard, and +1 from the chainsaw.
avatar
Majunior

Posts : 93
Points : 94
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-07-23
Location : Bremerton, Washington, USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gimme Shelter [Attn All Prometheans]

Post by Chaser on Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:17 am

For a second the young Promethean wonders about the meanings of such words, he is sure the chilling voice talking to Gerard is a creature from the other side, whatever it is doing on this side however, there is no way to know, unless he can talk to it…

But before he can do anything about it, something screams, or growls, it’s one of the mortals.

Is it… changing? He asks to himself without really believing, he didn’t knew humans could do that, can they? Maybe that wasn’t a human, he knows the inhabitants of the Shadow have strange powers, just like him; maybe there are other things that do have those abilities? There is no time to think it over too much however; one of the other Created has already gotten a weapon.

Something tells him this won’t end well for either side, but isn’t sure which one is more dangerous to the other, or itself…

And then that infernal roar can be heard through the tunnel, echoing down through it, constant and unchanging, buzzing almost, like a hundred screams chained together, and for a second, Chaser fills his stomach turn and his red eyes grow in size and doubt as he hears it, doesn’t know why, can’t imagine an answer, he has never heard it before, but he feels his fingers trembling, just barely, and he knows that something deep within him remembers that gods-forsaken sound, that dreadful song, maybe it’s the spirit-stuff within, or maybe the shattered bones and torn flesh, he can’t be sure.

Yes! Shred the fuckin’ rat!

Prowler’s dreadful growling voice is a whisper of demonic glee, a wide fanged smile on its face, something kindred in the hell-hound too, but where the young boy is confused and scared, the predator is certain, eager and hungry.


avatar
Chaser

Posts : 66
Points : 68
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-10-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gimme Shelter [Attn All Prometheans]

Post by Innerlight on Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:04 am

Harold's was deeply interested in this creature. He wanted to study it, it was medically fascinating, but he was weary of the danger. After a mere split second noticing the look in the humans eyes he realized the potential dangers this beast may cause. He didn't want to hurt it, but he didn't want it to hurt anyone else. If it were just his life he was dealing with he wouldn't hesitate in attempting to subdue the beast even if his chances were slim, life was sacride and in his many years on earth he'd never thought it was his place to pass judgment but to diagnose.

"Hold on Ben let me get his attention", said the medical dummy reaching into his pocket for his pepperspray. He seamlessly motioned to Ben to take at least a step back so he wouldn't get any on him if he had to use it. He attempted to get the beast to focus his attention on him and if he was going to attack he wanted to take the brunt, he was designed to take beatings they were not. "Look at me", the dummy says snapping his fingers to get the beasts attention.
Spoiler:

First off if it just starts attacking I want to take the brunt of the attack. If I have to roll something so that if focuses on me fine. If it attacks I'm pepperspraying it Dex2 + Athletics1 + Willpower +3 +1pryros flair vs his defense. If he looks immune, because he's undead or the like, I'll stop but if he breathes it's on. I'll then attempt to get him to attack me and I'd go full defense turning my defense to 4... technically speaking I am wearing heavy clothes, which is a +1 arm vs melee, but I'll let you rule on that, because I was pretty well layered. I'd regen when needed and won't run even if he looks like he'll die unless everybody, even the humans, are out of danger.

If he runs flat out I'd suggest we let him go so we can trap him safely, but I can't control what the others do.

If he attempts to kill random humans I'd attempt to wrestle him even if I have a low chance of sucess. Though I'd burn pyros for a +1 to str to overpower, and burn all my willpower to subdue him

Oh lastly, if we kick the crap out of it fine, but if it's on deaths door I'd attempt to save him, and I'd make sure everyone knows to not coupe de grace it


Str2 Dex2 Stam4 Int4 Wits2 Res2 Pres2 Man2 Comp2

Computer1 Medicine4 (diagnoses) Investigate3 (medical conditions) Academics3
Athletics1 Drive2 Brawl2 Firearms2
Socialize1 Empathy1 Persuasion1 Subterfuge1 (playing dead)

Bestowment - Revivification

Merits - Holistic Awareness pg 109, Resources2, Technophile2 (medicine)

Transmutations
Autonomic Control pg122
Regenerate pg122
Natural Weaponry pg140
Redundant Organ pg140(Liver)(+2 toxin resis +1stam. 9again for 1 attack roll) pg244

Equipment - First Aid Kit, Ford F150, Motorcycle, hunting rifle, pistol +2, Scapel, medical tools, Pepperspray, mace, laptop (nice, but not top of the line), mountain bike, small knife

Health9 Defense2 Willpower4 Speed9 Iniative4 Azoth2 (11/2) Humanity6

Mace or Pepperspray
Durability 1, Size 0, Structure 1, Cost n/a
Function: Contained in spray bottles that fit in the
palm of the hand, these devices debilitate targets who are
sprayed in the face. A Dexterity + Athletics roll is made
at a -1 penalty to hit a target. Range is one yard maximum,
and the targetÕs Defense applies. If it is successful,
all of the targetÕs actions suffer a -5 penalty for the remainder
of the scene as his senses are overwhelmed and
breathing is made extremely difficult. A chance roll is not
made to use a spray on a target over one yard away; the
effort fails automatically. Beings that are no longer alive
but that walk and talk are not affected by such devices. A
single spray canister can be used three times before itÕs
empty.
No Resource dots are required to be able to afford a
spray.


_________________
Murdoc - Covenant - Unaligned ((Mask of Tranquility))
((Image)) http://www.imdb.com/media/rm4176055552/nm0365445

Harold - Lineage - Unfleshed. Refinement - Copper
((Image)) http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif
((Image)) http://www.imdb.com/media/rm4151883776/nm1837590
avatar
Innerlight

Posts : 429
Points : 496
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-05-14
Location : Chicago

View user profile http://www.draugrim.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Gimme Shelter [Attn All Prometheans]

Post by Majunior on Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:09 pm

Ben takes a step or two back to avoid whatever the medical dummy is doing, but his eyes won't come off the... thing... and he stands ready, muscles tensed and ready to spring into action the moment he is needed.
avatar
Majunior

Posts : 93
Points : 94
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-07-23
Location : Bremerton, Washington, USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gimme Shelter [Attn All Prometheans]

Post by Seratone on Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:06 pm

[Combat Music starts playing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8-sMJZTYf0]

The monster, which now towers over created and human alike, charges Harold full on. The jaw opens and massive teeth clamp down into the dummy's flesh.

Harold tries to hit the massive beast with his pepper spray but misses the creature's face, failing to have any effect.

Seeing an opening, Ben charges in with his chainsaw and plunges it into the monster's neck, dealing it a grievous blow. The monster howls in pain, and immediately turns its attention on Ben...

Auto Combat Round 1:

Harold takes 3 lethal
Monster takes 4 lethal

[Note it is not necessary to reply if you have already announced combat actions. Harold, and Ben. Chaser however now has the opportunity to join in the combat if he wants]

Seratone

Posts : 372
Points : 462
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-06-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gimme Shelter [Attn All Prometheans]

Post by Chaser on Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:05 pm

It’s not the movement or the danger that pulls him out, but the sight of blood…

Something about it warms him, makes the ephemera within him quiver, feel at home, alive again, more then he’d like to admit if he knew what it meant, but for now, he feels the need to get into action, to help his new found ‘friends’, the others reflections can wait.

He feels that warmth inside, the heat of battle rising and the young Promethean welcomes it, asks it to rush forward, to enhance him even further, to become ghostly flame, to burst out as Pyros and enhance his strength for the trial to come, not caring that it shatters any illusion of humanity he might have now.

So Chaser does what he does best, he runs, not away from the creature though, not like the humans are or should be doing right then and there, no, he runs head on towards the beast.

Prowler growls and follows its Companion, ready to materialize if needed be…


Spoiler:
To put it plainly, Chaser will probably just bulrush the damn thing unless anyone does something that alters the setting too much, he just activated Might and will use a WP in the attack, plus he is going All-Out (guessing that’s a good way of symbolizing the ‘charge’, but the ST might differ).
So that would be Strength + Brawl + Dirty Fighting Specialty + Might + WP + All-Out-Attack, which would give him a grand total of 15 dice before the monster's defence.

Suck on that Fur-Face!
The C-Train is comming yer way!

avatar
Chaser

Posts : 66
Points : 68
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-10-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gimme Shelter [Attn All Prometheans]

Post by Innerlight on Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:17 pm

Harold certainly didn't want to see things go this way but if the creature was going to make it a matter of life or death he wasn't willing to sacrifice 20 humans and his newfound promethan friends to protect the enemies life. He tried furiously to get the beast to hit him instead of others.

Spoiler:
I'm pretty much doing all I can to get in front of the creature so it hits me. I'd keep trying to pepper spray the thing until I know it has no effect. So if it didn't effect the creature I'm just trying to goad it.

_________________
Murdoc - Covenant - Unaligned ((Mask of Tranquility))
((Image)) http://www.imdb.com/media/rm4176055552/nm0365445

Harold - Lineage - Unfleshed. Refinement - Copper
((Image)) http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif
((Image)) http://www.imdb.com/media/rm4151883776/nm1837590
avatar
Innerlight

Posts : 429
Points : 496
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-05-14
Location : Chicago

View user profile http://www.draugrim.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Gimme Shelter [Attn All Prometheans]

Post by Seratone on Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:11 am

The battle descends into a brutally vicious hack and slash fest between the massive wolf life creature and three of the created.

Harold faces the full wrath of the creature, which concentrates its vicious tooth and claw attacks on him. The look in its eyes is one of sheer animalistic rage.

For a moment, it looked like the creature had gained the upper hand as it delivered a series of unrelenting blows to the dummy, but then the pepper-spray finally hit home. Stunned, the creature was forced to stumble back, leaving an opening for Chaser to come in and pummel it with his fists,

As the creature reeled from the blows, Ben revved up his chain saw and plunged it into the creature's neck, finishing what he started by decapitating the animal.

The animal immediately collapses the second its head is severed. But seconds later you are staring at the severed head of the injured man. Likewise, the body of the animal instantaneously reverses back to human form, though the grievous wounds and bruises inflicted by the created remain, and his clothing is all tore up and shredded, leaving him nearly naked.

The crowd of humans that had initially fled to the dark corners of the encampment cautiously approach to see what had unfolded. They stare in horror at the carnage. One woman drops to her knees and starts crying uncontrollably. There are moans of shock and fear, and they are all directed at you.

"How could they do that?" The crying woman mutters. "He was an innocent man."

Gerald immediately emerges from the subway car and looks around. His face has a certain grimness to it, but none of the shock worn by the other humans.

OOC: Battle Results:

Monster: Destroyed, reduced to near naked human corpse with severed head.
Harold: Has suffered a total of 9 Lethal Damage.
All others: Unharmed.

Seratone

Posts : 372
Points : 462
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-06-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gimme Shelter [Attn All Prometheans]

Post by Majunior on Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:28 am

"Did no one else see him transform into a giant... hairy... toothy... whatever he was?" Ben asks, sounding almost lost as the chainsaw snaps to a halt, like the cord had been pulled from a wall. He drops his pack down off his shoulders, fumbling around trying to clean the power tool by rinsing it before putting the chainsaw back in it's home and sipping it closed.

As he puts the pack back on, he turns to Harold questioningly. "That happened. You have the marks of what happened," he says, gesturing to the Dummy's wounds. "How is it he was an innocent man? If he was an innocent man, I would be afraid of seeing a guilty man."
avatar
Majunior

Posts : 93
Points : 94
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-07-23
Location : Bremerton, Washington, USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gimme Shelter [Attn All Prometheans]

Post by Chaser on Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:58 am

Battle…

It always was the same, quick, painful and bloody, yet for some reason; he had always loved every second of it, even this time, when that dreadful and hungry machine was so terribly close.

It had all being so fast, he had rushed in and smashed the Wolf-thing like it was nothing, he wasn’t sure, but he thought he felt the bones crack under the impact, his hands still felt warm, still tight as fists, his crimson eyes remaining in what was left of the ‘monster’, the severed head, the blood and the broken body, all so disturbingly familiar.

But as usual, the answers would have to wait.

The mortals where angry and afraid, he couldn’t imagine why, and if he had listened right to Ben, he didn’t either, so at least a bit of him had to wonder…

Did they wanted the monster to kill’em?


Maybe they did, maybe they just didn’t expected them to kill it so fast, or maybe, they knew more then they let on about that, at least a bit, his red gaze focused on Gerard then, the only one who didn’t look afraid, but there was no time for that, maybe they should run while they could.

So he moved towards Harold, trying to see if the Dummy could still move on his own, just in case they had to make a break for it, his voice raspy, half-there really, still wondering about the shredded flesh “Can ya move?
We might need ta get the hell outta’ere
.”
avatar
Chaser

Posts : 66
Points : 68
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-10-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gimme Shelter [Attn All Prometheans]

Post by Innerlight on Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:12 am

Harold smiles to Ben and nods to Chaser, but he wasn't as carefree as his usual self. He felt the weight of what he had done, even though the beast tried to kill him it was as if he lost a patient. He wished he could have done something to save him, though sad he wasn't distraught. "I saw it Ben", he said as a lament. He doesn't outright respond to Chaser but let's him see first hand though he took a beating he wasn't beat.

Even though he had been put through the ringer chewed up and spit out this wasn't the worst beating he ever took. He was bloodless so the damage he sustained always disguised how bad his injuries really were. The medical dummy didn't know how much the humans saw, but he hoped the fact they may have saved there lives may have bought them at least a short period of understanding.

Spoiler:
Harold will not heal in front of the humans even though the pyros flair is milliseconds he won't risk it. Whenever he's alone he'd heal until he has at least 2 pyros left. He'd also do a brief study session with the monster body. Take a few blood, skin, and hair samples for study the. Ext time he gets access to hospital facilities. At the moment he'll be preparing for the humans reactions to the and will be randomly using empathy to make sure he reads the mood of the people so we know if they're not in full on torch and pitchfork mode

_________________
Murdoc - Covenant - Unaligned ((Mask of Tranquility))
((Image)) http://www.imdb.com/media/rm4176055552/nm0365445

Harold - Lineage - Unfleshed. Refinement - Copper
((Image)) http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif
((Image)) http://www.imdb.com/media/rm4151883776/nm1837590
avatar
Innerlight

Posts : 429
Points : 496
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-05-14
Location : Chicago

View user profile http://www.draugrim.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Gimme Shelter [Attn All Prometheans]

Post by Seratone on Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:05 pm

"They blocked the event from their minds." Gerald finally explains quietly. "But for some reason you all remembered." He looks at the created with a mix of fascination and curiosity.

"Damn you Gerald, Look what you brought into our home, a bunch of psychotic killers." One of the gruff men, the one you saw earlier with the hand axe cries out. The crowd seems agitated and hostile, but look much too frightened to take any direct action against the created, especially with the menacing bloody chainsaw being brandished by Ben.

"If you've got a problem with this place, than leave. Take your chances with the cold weather." He replies harshly.

"Damn right I'll take my chances with the cold." Comes the reply. Murmurs of support are echoed by the others in the group.

"Then get your get your gear packed up and get out of my face." Gerald replies.

Next he turns to the created,.

"I think we should all have a meeting in the subway car. There's someone in there that can explain things a lot better than I can." Gerald mutters.






Seratone

Posts : 372
Points : 462
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-06-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gimme Shelter [Attn All Prometheans]

Post by Innerlight on Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:57 pm

Harold looks at the crowd unsurprised by their reactions, he had seen mobs rip him apart that completely blocked out the evils they had done, but it was more denial. Those humans didn't speak of things because of shame, this seemed more specific, more direct, as if they had actually forgotten.. "Is their a back way", said Harold to Gerald wanting to know where he was leading us. He was an old hand in getting beaten to death, but he didn't want to have the others have to experience it, unless it was part of their pilgrimage. Harold looks to the others to see if they' rather be outside explaining themselves to a volatile mob, or inside doing something mysterious. Harold picks up his medical bag and follows Gerald, but stops and waits for the others to make sure they at least made a decision before he made his.

_________________
Murdoc - Covenant - Unaligned ((Mask of Tranquility))
((Image)) http://www.imdb.com/media/rm4176055552/nm0365445

Harold - Lineage - Unfleshed. Refinement - Copper
((Image)) http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif
((Image)) http://www.imdb.com/media/rm4151883776/nm1837590
avatar
Innerlight

Posts : 429
Points : 496
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-05-14
Location : Chicago

View user profile http://www.draugrim.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Gimme Shelter [Attn All Prometheans]

Post by Seratone on Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:31 pm

FYI, the subway Car is right in the middle of the abandoned subway station, which hosts the encampment. It would be like 10 yards from where you are standing now.

Seratone

Posts : 372
Points : 462
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-06-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gimme Shelter [Attn All Prometheans]

Post by Chaser on Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:59 am

Saying Chaser would rather run would be an understatement, in the same way saying a fish likes water, or that the center of a volcano is warm, still, he remains, even if rooted into place, as the only option to fleeing full speed, his own desire to not leave those first few beings truly kindred to him, being the only thing forcing the young Ulgan to remain there, hands ready to tear at whoever moves towards them first with any clear intention to inflict harm.

Unlike the Unfleshed medic, he hasn’t died yet, and there is a very real fear for him to do so…

However, Gerard seems to be able to control the crowd, at least for a short while, enough so they try to either leave peacefully or to follow the strange leader of the homeless mob inside the beaten down wagon, he waits for a few seconds, just to make sure they aren’t going to try and jump them before following Rex.

Giving a few faster steps to catch up to the Dummy before whispering almost solely for him, at least trying to make it so Gerard doesn’t hear him, but letting Ben hear if he tags along “I think there’s a Spirit usin’ these mortals, don’ kno’ for what tho.

The feral shadow follows them just a few steps back, eager and slightly curious by now, even if slightly disappointed the bloodshed has being stopped, follows the Created just in case they have need of him.
avatar
Chaser

Posts : 66
Points : 68
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-10-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gimme Shelter [Attn All Prometheans]

Post by Dean on Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:15 pm

Lumbering footsteps fall on concrete, echoing across the subway. John's humours have their hooks in him, tearing at him and surging up his throat, threatening to choke the Fire into spent embers if he didn't go with the alchemic instinct to find the strangers and their Fire.

The ruined Golem emerges from a tunnel, the low light contorting his cracks and cuts into nasty little mouths. Lost eyes look to the other Created as gut-slick feathers coat strangler's hands.

"Somethin' happenin'. Gotta be f'you all to be here," he croaks. His voice is a harsh drawl from someplace down South, cracked and low.
avatar
Dean

Posts : 775
Points : 976
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2009-04-21
Age : 30
Location : A Big Massive Boat

View user profile http://motorcityburning.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Gimme Shelter [Attn All Prometheans]

Post by Innerlight on Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:23 pm

Harold nods at Chasers spirit comment, but he doesn't verbally respond. He didn't know much about spirits or spirit creatures, all he knew was they existed. He looked at his red triple goose coat with the feathers pouring out and stuck a finger through the hole to see if it was even worth saving.

He looked to the new Golem with no signs of distress or surprise, things didn't move him in that way. "I don't know what you consider fucked up", said Harold to John in a voice that didn't convey the gravity of the situation. "This guys is about to tell us what's happening, we got attacked by some sort of were beast, these guys don't remember", said Harold motioning to the humans all the while slowly walking to the subway car.

_________________
Murdoc - Covenant - Unaligned ((Mask of Tranquility))
((Image)) http://www.imdb.com/media/rm4176055552/nm0365445

Harold - Lineage - Unfleshed. Refinement - Copper
((Image)) http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif
((Image)) http://www.imdb.com/media/rm4151883776/nm1837590
avatar
Innerlight

Posts : 429
Points : 496
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-05-14
Location : Chicago

View user profile http://www.draugrim.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Gimme Shelter [Attn All Prometheans]

Post by Seratone on Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:40 pm

Not to mention there was a headless naked corpse of a human just lying on the cavernous floor of this abandoned subway station...

The wounded Harold, and Ben's bloody chain saw were other signs that something terrible had happened here.

The small crowd of twenty or so homeless that had been living here keep a good distance away from the three created. They seem agitated and shocked by what they see. One woman just can't stop crying.

Gerald stands on the other side of the crowd, He narrows his gaze a little on Chaser, looking a little surprised.

"That's very perceptive of you. But don't be so quick to judge."

The strange man in the trench coat (Gerald) disappears from sight as he once again enters the abandoned subway car at the center of the station, expecting the created to follow.

Seratone

Posts : 372
Points : 462
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-06-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gimme Shelter [Attn All Prometheans]

Post by Seratone on Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:58 pm

[Going to keep moving here. This is what will happen with anyone that goes in to meet up with Gerald in the subway car. You don't have to respond immediately if you wanted to keep talking before going in]

The subway car seems un-naturally cold. Despite the layers of clothing you might be wearing, this coldness is felt as a deep chill which penetrates everything around it. A single dim light inside the car flickers repeatedly, providing just enough lighting to see a few feet in front of your face.

Gerald is sitting down at the other end of the car. "Look, I don't expect you to believe this, but this is where my Father is. He's been dead for over 20 years. He died when the train came off the tracks. But he is still here. "Dad, if you are in here, give me a sign." He asks.

A few moments later, an invisible hand seems to press against one of the frosted glass windows of the subway car, forming the rough contours of a hand.

“He’s been trapped here in this subway car since he died. Now I don’t know much about what’s it’s like to be a ghost. Be from I do know, it ain’t a pleasant thing.”

“The good news is, he’s been getting stronger. He’s on the verge of crossing over into the light. He just needed to be around people to get to where he is right now. He’s going to be moving on soon, finally.” Gerald starts to get a little choked up when he says this, but quickly recovers, taking a deep breathe.

“That’s the good news. Now for the bad news. These … things. I don’t know exactly who or what they are, but they want to keep my Dad where he is. They told me that my Dad is not allowed to go where he wants to go and has to stay here.”

"But I can't accept that. Its not right for him to keep ... lingering on like this. This is what's right for my family. And its what he wants."

"So now they're coming for us."



Seratone

Posts : 372
Points : 462
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-06-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gimme Shelter [Attn All Prometheans]

Post by Majunior on Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:50 pm

Ben tears his face away from the window where he was scrutinizing the hand print, wondering if it was a trick somehow. "I don't know anything about ghosts." Ben says as he turns back to face the group. Shifting his backpack, the weight of the somewhat cleaned off chainsaw shifting to the side and settling in, a thought crosses his mind. "Has anyone asked why these things don't want your progenitor to leave? There must be a reason. If we are going to solve this, we would need to understand so we can come up with a solution that is hopefully beneficial to both sides."

Ben turns back to the window, seemingly a bit preoccupied, and presses his own hand to the glass next to the ghostly hand print. "If we know why they want him to stay, maybe we can find some other way to do what they want and then they won't care if he stays. or goes. I'm hoping some of them talk more than that one did."
avatar
Majunior

Posts : 93
Points : 94
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-07-23
Location : Bremerton, Washington, USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gimme Shelter [Attn All Prometheans]

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum