Motor City Burning
Welcome to Motor City Burning: World of Darkness online role playing game. Due to the graphic, predatory nature of the violence and adult activities Kindred, Hunters, and the Created take part in, we require all players to be 18 years of age or older. If you are at least 18 and would like to play with us, hit the "Register" key and come on in!

Chapter Two: Act II The Bee Swarm ATTN Chris, Joshua, Liam and Sara

Go down

Chapter Two: Act II The Bee Swarm ATTN Chris, Joshua, Liam and Sara

Post by Seryna on Mon May 30, 2011 7:37 pm

A week has passed since the night club. While Chris had been dedicated to developing a camera that captured vampires, the others were devoted to thier own priorities. Perhaps it was time for Chris to reconnect with the others, as he hadn't contacted them since the eventful night...

Chris is at his apartment. He decides to give Sara a call.
Sara cracked an eye, as she lay napping on the sofa in her apartment. With a small groan of frustration, she grabbed the cell phone from the coffee table beside her. "Yeah?"

"This is Chris. Just wanted to check in. Did everything go down alright at that night club?"

Sara let out a small snort. "Yeah. One of the vampires is dead. Got into a scuffle, but we got out."

ST Note: Besides the ocasional 'hairy eyeball' feeling that someone was watching them, Sara, Joshua, Liam and Chris endure no oddities. Sara felt safe enough to move back into her apartment. One had to wonder what Liam was going to do about permanent habitation.

Jack Robinson: ((Joshua has been counselling Kim and the others since the club.))

Chris frowns slightly. "Dead huh. Was that your plan?" He purses his lips. "I think we should all meet up again."

"No, that wasn't the initial plan. Kim forced my hand," Sara stated. "Do you have any information?"

"No, my sources are tapped out. I'm at a loss on where to go from here. But I'll say one thing. I'd much rather be making plans with you all, then to be simply reacting wo whatever crazy thing Kim does next."

"The Priest has been in touch with her. Hopefully she's calmed down since the club. We need to give her space to recouperate properly," Sara stated. She rose from the sofa, and grabbed a beer from the fridge. "Have you noticed anyone surveilling you?"

"No. I haven't noticed a damn thing. But they know where I live, so I wouldn't be surprised if they were doing something. I'm more worried about Liam though. It sounds like they have got that guy in their cross hairs. Do you have a way to get in contact with him?"

"Yeah, I've been in touch. But really, they could find any of us if they really wanted." Sara paused. "I guess they sent the Priest the bouquet because he was the one who spoke to them directly."


"All the more reason to tread carefully. How about we all meet at the Church again, would that work?"

"No, we shouldn't use St. Jude's like that. It's a church, not a mission planning office. The parishoners don't need to get put in the firing line. We need to get a secure building sorted out somewhere. Something that can't be traced back to us." Sara said, sipping her beer.

"I could volunteer my ex-wife's basement." Chris says, half seriously.

"Are you trying to murder your ex-wife? 'Cause I know a guy who could do it cheap." Sara said sardonically.

"Chrissy set us up with a good place. You remember, after that other job? I say that's as good a spot as any."

"That ain't our place. We need one of our own. We can't put other people at risk while we root around, and it's the four of us who're the main targets."

"Alright, look. In all seriousness. My ex-wife has put her house up for sale and is living with her boyfriend now. She never bothered to change the locks. So, at least for the next month or so. I think we can use that spot."

"At least for the next month or so? A quick sale could fuck us over if she wants to get rid of it. Not to mention there's a connection to you. It might work temporarily, but very temporarily. We want out of that place before then." Sara didn't particularly like it, but Chris seemed pretty desperate to use his ex-wife's basement. Perhaps he wanted to maintain the emotional tie and see it one more time, she thought drily.

"Yeah well, when you find us a top secret bunker, let me know cause I've been looking for one of those for a while now." He smirks. "The address is XXX%$. Let's try and get everyone there tonight."


Chris gives every one adequate directions. The cell meets at Chris's ex - wifes house. Liam was absent; perhaps tied up with his life as a student or looking into permanent habitation. As the last member arrives, they realize they hadn't been together in nearly a week. What was there to catch up on?

Sara was sat down on the doorstep as she waited for everyone to arrive, and she peered upward at the Priest. "How's the therapy going?"
Joshua gave a little half-shrug. "Kim is making some progress, but it's slow. This sort of thing is hard work."

Chris nods his head in greeting to Father. "Sorry the place is still a mess." He mutters. "It sounds like Kim was really off her rocker. She started slugging it out with the blood suckers or something?"

Joshua frowned at Chris. "It's common in recovering addicts to lash out at those who were involved in their addiction. What happened was a tragedy, not something to laugh over."

"Well I hope you can keep her from doing anything crazy in the future Father." He looks around to Sara then back to the Priest. "I haven't heard much in the past week. I've been working on some special modifications on my camera to get around the vampire's lack of reflection, but other than that, I'm at a loss on where to go from here."

Joshua sighed. "I'll pray for you, Chris. It's tragic how little you feel for your fellow human beings."

"Ouch, that's kind of harsh Father. I don't think I'm a complete ass." He smirks a bit.

"No, you are," Sara responded, as she stood and stepped aside so Chris could open the door. "That's why the team should bond more."

Liam walks up to the rest of the group. "Hi. Sorry I'm late there was some school stuff I had to take care of."

"I'd settle for just having some kind of plan to deal with the Harper Clan." Chris remarks. He nods to Liam. "Glad you could make it Liam, come on in." Chris opens the door to lead everyone inside, he quickly makes his way down to the basement.

Joshua looked at Chris, and he just shook his head slightly, very gently. "As I said," he said quietly. "I'll pray for you." He followed Chris down to the basement.

Sara paused, peering around, before waiting for the others to go in. Her tactical mind wouldn't let her relax. She felt there was something wrong, anyway. This place just wasn't right.

((http://sheetgen.dalines.net/wiki/WikiDiceRoller?hash=a63e5823 2 successes on perception))

Despite Chris's apologies at the state of the house, all Sara can sense is a creepy crawly sensation that one of the daddy long legs might descend from the ceiling onto her.

Sara closed the door behind them and flicked the latch to lock it.

The basement was dimly lit, and barely furnished. There was a table with chairs, a refrigerator, and a couch. Chris pulls up a chair at the table. "Well, let me ask you all something. I figure if we're all going to be working together, it'd be good to know. Why are you all here? I'm here cause I want to prove to the world that vampires and other crazy stuff is actually real. So that's my biggest priority going forward."


Seryna

Posts : 805
Points : 959
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2009-04-26
Age : 34
Location : California

View user profile http://shadowclaw.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Two: Act II The Bee Swarm ATTN Chris, Joshua, Liam and Sara

Post by Seryna on Mon May 30, 2011 8:07 pm


Sara pulled up a chair and sat astride it, leaning forward on the back. "I was dragged in to save his-," she jerked a thumb in Liam's direction. "Ass."

Liam takes a seat and sighs. "Well, they took me instead of you. I practically did you a favor."

Sara's gaze flickered back. "Buddy, they couldn't take me. Let's not flatter ourselves."

Liam shrugged. "Whatever. Anyway, I'm not sure if I see the point on proving anything, but I try to document stuff anyway."

Joshua sighed a little bit, massaging his temples. He could feel his guilt at having to ram the vampire with a car creeping back over him. He had prayed about it, but the guilt of it... he had been forced to make a terrible choice, and he wasn't sure he'd chosen the right thing. "I'm just trying to help people who have been wounded by the supernatural," he said quietly. "I'm not in it for glory, or to write a book on it, or because I have to be. I'm in it because I was born with a gift, and not using it would be a terrible sin."

Chris nods his head. "That's good to know Father. Because here's the point I'm trying to make. Its been a week and the Harper's haven't done jack to anyone here. So I think its safe to say that if we keep our heads down, and especially, keep Liam's head down, we're going to be ok. Is that good enough though to just cover our own asses? That's what I'm trying to figure out here."

Sara snorted. "When you've been in deep shit, you don't assume you can keep your heads down. I've seen people who assumed shit like that before; you don't live to make the same mistake twice. Just because you can't seem 'em, doesn't mean they're not working on something."

Liam nodded. "Yeah, it's pretty clear to me that they're working on a couple of messed up schemes."

Joshua looked at Chris curiously. "I don't think your way has any merit," he said quietly. "Foaming at the mouth and pointing fingers will only panic people. Perhaps even rouse them into lashing at anything they fear. There is no reason all these creatures should be irredeemable."

"Fair to say Father. That's why I asked to begin with." He nods to Liam. "So you want to foil this plot that they're hatching. I'll back you on that."

http://sheetgen.dalines.net/wiki/WikiDiceRoller?hash=153d576a
Kevin Lacey: (2 sux)

Liam rolled 4 dice to "Perception" 8,6,2,5 (1 successes)

Beast rolled 5 dice to "Stealth" 6,10,8,3,2,9 (3 successes)

Sara Lawrence rolled 5 dice to "Perception" 2,8,7,2,5 (1 successes)

http://sheetgen.dalines.net/wiki/WikiDiceRoller?hash=e2b0e75f 0 Successess for Joshua.))

Chris had an odd feeling that there was a noise outside. He tilted his head but after a moment, there was no noise...
Chris tilts his head to look outside. "Did anyone hear that? Sounded like...probably nothing."

Seryna

Posts : 805
Points : 959
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2009-04-26
Age : 34
Location : California

View user profile http://shadowclaw.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Two: Act II The Bee Swarm ATTN Chris, Joshua, Liam and Sara

Post by Seryna on Tue May 31, 2011 9:38 pm

The group had met at Chris' ex wife's house several minutes prior. After some discussion, Chris hears sometthing from outside. Upon arriving in the basement, Sara had latched the door behind them in preparation. Now that Chris listens closer, he can not hear anything at all...

Chris has an odd expression as he hears the noise, his spine tingles slightly. "Must have been the wind." He mutters.

Sara glanced at Chris, and arched a brow. "What did you hear?" she questioned sternly, and rose to her feet on reflex.


Chris gets out of his seat and looks out a narrow window on the other end of the basement. "I'm not sure. Just this noise."

"What did it sound like?" Sara asked, as she took out her knife.


"Like it was glass breaking."


Chris reaches into his trench coat and pulls out what looks like a collapsible baton. "There's no way..." He looks around with a paranoid expression.


Joshua looked up with concern in his eyes. "I think there might well be a lot of ways. It wasn't mentioned how you came across this house... if it could be connected to you in any way, they might have simply found us."

As you peer out of the window, you see an old woman pausing next to Joshua's van. She peers through the passenger side window. As you watch, she turns and steps from the car. As she moves, you see that the passenger side window of Joshua's van has been smashed out. The woman looks alarmed and clutches her chest. She teeters for a long moment before stumbling and falling to the ground.

"Nobody go out," Sara growled. "Just call an ambulance. Having a heart attack, can't do anything for her anyway."

"Shit, its night out isn't it? Vampires come out at night." Chris shudders visibly. He looks to Liam and Father. "I'm not even supposed to be in this house. How can I call an ambulance?"


Joshua looked at Sara. "I'll go," he said quietly. "I can check her for any evidence of the occult." There was no fear in his eyes.

"Oh for the love of-," Sara raised her eyes skyward. "I'm not letting you go outside on your own. If it's a trap, it's a damned idiotic thing to do." She glanced scathingly at Chris, and tossed her cell phone. "Get a disposable."


The woman remains curled on the ground besides Joshua's van, her body in the fetal position. A quick glance around reveals that not a soul is in sight.


Joshua's brow furrowed. "She could be dying, Sara. I won't refuse to help someone just because it might be a trap."

Chris does the quick glance, and upon seeing no one, makes the 911 call from Sara's cellphone.


"I figured you'd say somethin' like that- it's why I said y'not going alone. You guys stay in the house, keep a look out." Sara moved cautiously up from the basement.

Joshua looked relieved and moved after Sara.


The operator comes back immediately, asking for the nature of the emergency and the address.


"Hi, there's a lady that collapsed on the front lawn of my house. We're going to need paramedics to come out here. Address is XYIOP." Chris hangs up the phone immediately and follows after Sara and the Priest, grabbing a flashlight on the way out the door.

ST:
As Sara, Joshua and Chris edge out of the house, the woman remains still and prone. Liam remains alone in the basement, staring out the window at his three friends approaching the prone woman. As the three approach, the woman coughs feebly. "My old heart isn't what it used to be... any one have one of those little..." She grimances in pain and clutches her chest.


Liam follows and takes out a lighter and a hairspray canister.

[12:28:48] Kazakin : Joshua glanced back at Chris. "Get her some asprin," he said quietly. "Ma'am, you're going to be alright." He scanned her with sharp eyes, looking for any mark of the supernatural as he understood it.



[12:29:24] Kazakin : ((1 success on Int + Occult http://sheetgen.dalines.net/wiki/WikiDiceRoller?hash=e5c2cf47 ))

[12:30:19] Seratone : "Alright. Paramedics should be here in a minute." He puts his baton away for the time being and heads back toward the house to look for some aspirin.

[12:30:23] Kazakin : Sara glanced back at them as she noticed the other two came out. She gritted her teeth. They were going to have a very fucking violent conversation after this about following instructions in dangerous situations. They were a unit. These morons were going to get them all killed.


[12:30:50] @ Seryna : As Joshua nears the woman, he is struck with a deep feeling of foreboding. As she stares at the woman, he sees something in those dark, beady looking eyes. The Cherokee woman looks completely normal to Sara, Chris and Liam. Yet to Joshua, he sees something dark and malicious there.

[12:32:01] Kazakin : Joshua threw out a hand. "Stay back!" he said, his voice suddenly commanding. "She's not what she appears. I feel... something... something in her..."

[12:33:57] cobrawax : Liam quickly backs away from the woman

[12:34:28] Seratone : Chris immediately turns around and looks at the Priest with an odd expression. Thinking quickly, he pulls out his camera and lines it up for a shot on the woman. "Say cheese lady." He smirks and takes the photo shot.

[12:34:34] Kazakin : Sara glanced down at the Priest. "Let's follow your own advice, Padre, come on."

[12:34:46] Kazakin : Joshua shook his head. "She's not a vampire. This is something new."

[12:36:07] cobrawax : (brb)

[12:38:20] @ Seryna : As Joshua shouts, the 'old feeble woman' rolls athletically to her feet. "No kiss for Grandma, dearie?" She cackles, making a catty, playful swipe at Joshua as she moves past him. Her dark, soulless eyes rove and latch onto Sara. She darts forward with malicious intent!

[12:40:04] Kazakin : "Everyone back away," Sara barked an order, her knife already drawn and ready. She didn't know why the woman was Jonesing for her; and she didn't really care. What mattered was taking the enemy down hard and fast.
Chris takes the time to put his camera away and get his baton out. He uses his other free hand to keep the flashlight on the woman.

The unknown thing streaks towards Sara with Blinding speed. Sara feels a breeze by her arm as the woman makes a slashing motion at her in passing. As she flashes by Sara, the soldier is surprised by her speed. 2011-05-31 21:40:20 Beast rolled 6 dice to "Talon Attack on Sara" 2,2,7,3,4,1 (0 successes)

Sara turned quickly, and raised her arm to hack and slash rapidly at the woman. She had never seen someone move so damned fast, and it set her on edge through the concentration.

http://sheetgen.dalines.net/wiki/WikiDiceRoller?hash=9cb25e3d 3 Successes and http://sheetgen.dalines.net/wiki/WikiDiceRoller?hash=bebd2bfd and 6 Successes to attack.))

Something dark snapped inside Chris. "Damnit this is still my house!" He snarls and immediately starts beating the monster with his baton, violating his journalistic ethics to satisfy his vice.


http://sheetgen.dalines.net/wiki/WikiDiceRoller?hash=93be3eca (2 sux)

Joshua looked on in horror. Something in him couldn't bear to watch them beating down an old woman, monster or not. "For God's sake, stop!" He reached out on reflex, his nature wanting to help.


Sara's knife slices into the unknown woman. She knows that the blade has slices into it. Chris moves in, whacking the beast with its baton. As it rockets past Sara, the Beast pivots on her heel, its eyes latching onto Chris. As he holds his baton and and camera, the woman flashes towards Chris.


: 2011-05-31 21:58:39 Beast rolled 6 dice to "dread attack on Chris" 7,8,6,3,9,9 (3 successes)

Chris staggers back in agony as the claws rip into the man. He lashes out with his baton furiously, expending his will to do so. But his attamepts are to no avail.


http://sheetgen.dalines.net/wiki/WikiDiceRoller?hash=660c2206 (o sux)

Sara gritted her teeth, grim determination set across her face. She darted forward again, to try and divert the crazed...things attention. She hit out again with the knife, sturdy and harsh.


http://sheetgen.dalines.net/wiki/WikiDiceRoller?hash=845a07d3 4 Successes and http://sheetgen.dalines.net/wiki/WikiDiceRoller?hash=6dc69482 2 Successes.))


"Please!" Josh begged the group. "This is obscene, there's got to be another way!"

((Morality roll, 3 successes))


http://sheetgen.dalines.net/wiki/WikiDiceRoller?hash=a8116cc8 2 successes))


[12:57:56] @ Seryna : Sara's knife slices into the unknown woman. She knows that the blade has slices into it. Chris moves in, whacking the beast with its baton. As it rockets past Sara, the Beast pivots on her heel, its eyes latching onto Chris. As he holds his baton and and camera, the woman flashes towards Chris.

[12:58:56] @ Seryna : 2011-05-31 21:58:39 Beast rolled 6 dice to "dread attack on Chris" 7,8,6,3,9,9 (3 successes)

Chris staggers back in agony as the claws rip into the man. He lashes out with his baton furiously, expending his will to do so. But his attamepts are to no avail.

http://sheetgen.dalines.net/wiki/WikiDiceRoller?hash=660c2206 (o sux)

Sara gritted her teeth, grim determination set across her face. She darted forward again, to try and divert the crazed...things attention. She hit out again with the knife, sturdy and harsh.

http://sheetgen.dalines.net/wiki/WikiDiceRoller?hash=845a07d3 4 Successes and http://sheetgen.dalines.net/wiki/WikiDiceRoller?hash=6dc69482 2 Successes.))

"Please!" Josh begged the group. "This is obscene, there's got to be another way!"

http://sheetgen.dalines.net/wiki/WikiDiceRoller?hash=a8116cc8 2 successes))


Storyteller
As Joshua reaches out a hand to aid the woman, his hand brushes her arm. As he glances down, he sees the skin of her arm pucker and blister. The woman screeches and retracts, holding her arm with an inhuman screech. The flesh has instantly transformed, as though burned by Joshua's touch. The woman keeps rocketing past Chris, hurtling away from Chris' ex wife's house. The creature moved with blinding speed before the woman seemed to hobble. She doubles over, clutching at herself. She continues to hobble away from the house. The shadows reach out and seem to envelop the old woman. You fear that the woman may vanish completely in the shadows as she collapses onto the pavement. Her hand extends out, relaxing completely as the 'woman' faints... or perhaps perishes from its wounds. The imprint of Joshua's hand upon her arm remains. The shadows part momentarily, revealing a tall, rakish thin woman kneeling over the woman. Her face rises and glares towards the group. Her face contorts hiedously, her cheeks seeming to roll like liquid plastic. The nose lengthens and contorts into a hook, slowly forming the visage of the old woman. The unknown second woman steps back, fading from view.

Sara stepped back, staring at the woman for a moment before slowly turning to the others. "We need to leave. Now. He's going to need medical attention." Her voice was calm, cool and sharply abrupt.

Joshua stared down at his handprint seared into the woman's arm. "What did I do...?" he murmured, staring at his hands. "She... boiled. When I touched her. Oh, Lord..."

Chris clutch's his chest as blood seeps out from the agonizing wound. He grits his teeth. "Son of a bitch."

Oddly enough, the paramedics that Chris had called have not arrived. Surely the slashing and darting had eaten up some of the arrival time..?

Sara glanced sidelong at Joshua. "I don't know what happened, but we can figure it out later. Right now, we have to get his idiotic ass inside. Patch him up like new."

Joshua looked up at Sara and nodded, taking a steadying breath. He stood up, flexing his hands uncomfortably, as if he feared his touch might set someone alight. "Of course... yes. I'm sorry. Chris, we should take a look at that. Let's go inside."

Chris gritted his teeth. "Alright. It's probably going to need stitches. Damnit." He shudders slightly.

Sara heads inside and immediately pulled out her emergency med kit. Once Chris was inside, she uncermoniously jammed a roll of gauze in his mouth. "This is gonna hurt. Deal with it. The gauze'll stop you biting through your tongue." She ripped his shirt up, sterilized, and started stitching with a careful, battle-practiced hand.


"Just do what you got to do."

Jack Robinson: http://sheetgen.dalines.net/wiki/WikiDiceRoller?hash=2f1b58ee 1 Success on initial stitch. What should my target be?.))

The claw marks are truly terrible. As Sara wedges the guaze in Chris' mouth, she works through Chris' rendered flesh. One had to hope that the speedy woman was indeed dead. The depth of these marks would be disfiguring on a face...

"Someone take the camera away. You're jolting the wound," Sara growled through her teeth. Her attention remained on the wound.



Liam grabbed the camera. "If there's anything else I can do to help let me know."
Jack Robinson: http://sheetgen.dalines.net/wiki/WikiDiceRoller?hash=f86976ef 1 Success.))

ST
As Sara works her way through a slash mark as long as her index finger...and deeper than she'd like to thing about... she had to wonder how it had taken solid slices from her knife and was still vital enough to cause this sort of damage.

Chris groans and mumbles around the gauze as Sara continues. "We should have done that thing...where we all run away."

http://sheetgen.dalines.net/wiki/WikiDiceRoller?hash=a41330b6 4 Successes.))

Sara didn't respond; but then it was hard to understand muffled words through a wad of gauze.
Seryna: Sara finishes her bloody work, perhaps looking for someone to provide her with some water and perhaps some soap to wash up with.

Chris rubs his face and winces. "Thanks." He looks around. "So what happened, did she get away?"

Joshua ran warm water into the basin and brought it over, so that Sara and the gauze gagged Chris could clean the blood off them. He looked rattled, and avoided touching them with his hands.

Liam rubbed his head. "Well, she kind of melded into the shadows or something."

Sara dried her hands once they were clean, and for a moment she watched the blood rinse away down the plug hole. As Chris spoke, her fingers curled into fists and she took a steadying breath. "What happened? What happened? You fucking idiot. Your inability to follow a simple instruction to protect the unit almost got you killed." She didn't shout, rather her tone stayed even, low but still clearly angry in its iciness.

"...There were two women," Joshua said quietly. "The first woman... she died. Didn't you see that? My hand print was burnt into her skin..."

"I was trying to protect you." Chris mutters in reply to the angry woman. He walks over and reaches up to grab something from a nearby cabinet. "Hope its still here." He pulls out a bottle of gin and takes a little swig from the bottle. "Maybe you sent her back to hell Father." He smirks slightly, then looks to Liam. "Hey, let me see my camera. I need to check something."

Well, okay." Liam handed the camera back.

Checking the camera, Chris sees a blurry, dark image. A moment of study shows black, glittering claws coming out of the blurred image of the woman. He does not see the tell tale signs of a vampire.

"I can't...deal with you right now," Sara stated bluntly and moved upstairs. The sound of a bang as her fist impacted a door - and surely brought down the price of the house a smidgen - would undoubtedly be heard.

http://sheetgen.dalines.net/wiki/WikiDiceRoller?hash=6e6f2ab3

"She'll be there," Joshua said quietly. "I already told you she wasn't a vampire. And please don't joke about Hell. It's entirely real. I've seen it. She wasn't a Demon." He fell quiet, looking up, concerned.

Chris frowns as Sara departs, but he says nothing. After he studies the picture, he shows it to Joshua and Liam. "I've never seen a vampire show up on camera like this." He looks around. "Why us though? Do you think the Harpers sent her here to take us out?"

Liam rubbed his temples "Well, I'm not sure about hell, but I saw a ghost once. Drew a picture." Liam took out a sketchpad.

Joshua's temper, usually so well under control flared. "Are you deaf?" He snapped. "I told you twice. She was not a vampire! I can feel the difference!"

Liam sighed. "Well, if there's any doubt about that, I could try and identify exactly what she is. Well, I could if I had some assistance."

"I'm just wondering if the Harpers have other paranormal entities working for them. Whatever she was, she was here for a reason, and she was here to get us."

Joshua took a slow breath, rubbing his temples. "I'm sorry," he said quietly. "I think you can understand why I'd be rattled. Apparently, my hands kill."

Liam twiddled his thumbs uneasily "Well, I admit, I've seen some freaky stuff, but that back there was pretty high up there."

"You didn't kill anyone Father. You just put something back in its proper place...I hope." He takes a deep breathe. "We need more information on the Harpers. Father, do you think you could talk to Kim again? Maybe there's more people like her that need help, people that have a better idea of what is really going on with them."

"I've already told you, Chris, I can't force her to tell me anything. But from what she's said, there are only vampires involved. I think, frankly, you see conspiracies everywhere," Joshua said, his voice more gentle. "Occam's razor. There's more out there than you could imagine, and they aren't all working together."

"Well why are they all trying to kick my ass then?" Chris snaps bitterly. "The Harpers are going to pay for this mark my words...this, this crossed the line." Chris gets out of his seat and heads upstairs, presumably to depart.

Joshua sighed. "Technically this one only went after you after you antagonised it."

Sara remained upstairs, sat against the front door as she waited for conversation to finish downstairs. She hadn't worked with a ragtag group before, and it left a sour taste in her mouth when the only useful person had been a damned pacifist. She didn't particularly like the idea of someone's misguided attempts at chivalry getting them killed either. She didn't need rescuing.

Liam scratched his head. "Alright, so maybe if we list the characteristics of this thing, we can figure something out. Alright, so like, first of all, it appears like an old woman. Second of all, it has claws. Retractable ones. Also, it moves pretty damn fast for an old woman."

Jack Robinson: Joshua took a breath. "It wanted to go for Sara first. Maybe it prefers larger people, or..."
nimalane: Liam stroked his chin. "Hmmm. That kind of makes sense. Let's see what else...."
Jack Robinson: The door at the top of the basement opened, and the stairs creaked as Sara stepped down them. There was no apology in her face at leaving the room, but she nursed a slightly bloodied hand as she sat halfway down the staircase.

"Touching it can cause this thing's skin to pucker and blister. Seems to have some connection to shadows..."

"No, Liam, that was the second woman," Joshua corrected quietly. "And I... honestly think that it was just me. It didn't get hurt when it touched Chris to attack him."

"Well that's weird. Kind of hard to keep track of the whole thing when there's so much going on."

Joshua frowned a little bit, but didn't say anything. "Just me," he muttered. "I have no idea why it was me, but it was." He rubbed his temples. "Sara? Anything to add?"

"Wait, I better write this down." Liam writes the words 'Fast, old woman, retractable claws, prefers larger people." onto his sketchpad

Sara shook her head tersely. "No. Sounds like that sums it up."

Joshua rubbed his temples slowly. "When I was near her, I felt... like I couldn't look away from her eyes, like there was something ancient and creeping leaking out of her. I've never felt that before."

"Alright. Good. Hey any of you guys got anything that I can use to search for a place where they deal with this kind of thing." Liam writes down 'preacher felt something ancient' on the sketch pad.

"She was Cherokee," Joshua added. "I think. I just.. I got that feeling."

"Oh yes. Thanks. Yeah, maybe I'll just like run a search on all this in some cyber cafe." Liam writes down the word 'Cherokee'

"Maybe start with local Native American myths?" Joshua said thoughtfully. "Call us when you get anything. Maybe there's someone who specializes in the area."



Seryna

Posts : 805
Points : 959
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2009-04-26
Age : 34
Location : California

View user profile http://shadowclaw.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Two: Act II The Bee Swarm ATTN Chris, Joshua, Liam and Sara

Post by Seryna on Tue May 31, 2011 9:41 pm


Liam nodded "Well, I do know a guy who might know something about this. Maybe I'll give him a call."

Sara paused, before glancing at Joshua. "You got any idea how you did the...hand thing?" She sure as Hell hadn't seen anything like that before. "'Cause if you don't, you might want to look into that."

As Liam uses his newly purchased phone to call his contact Phil, Phil suggests some one whose just moved to the area. "He's new; but he really knows his stuff. He's... you'll be fine. Here's his number XXX - XXXX.'

Joshua shook his head slowly. "I... have no idea. It just... happened," he looked helplessly at Sara. "I've never harmed someone who looked human before. I can case out Demons, but that's... that's not the same."

Seryna

Posts : 805
Points : 959
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2009-04-26
Age : 34
Location : California

View user profile http://shadowclaw.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Two: Act II The Bee Swarm ATTN Chris, Joshua, Liam and Sara

Post by Seryna on Tue May 31, 2011 9:57 pm

Liam nodded "Well, I do know a guy who might know something about this. Maybe I'll give him a call."

Sara paused, before glancing at Joshua. "You got any idea how you did the...hand thing?" She sure as Hell hadn't seen anything like that before. "'Cause if you don't, you might want to look into that."

As Liam uses his newly purchased phone to call his contact Phil, Phil suggests some one whose just moved to the area. "He's new; but he really knows his stuff. He's... you'll be fine. Here's his number XXX - XXXX.'

Joshua shook his head slowly. "I... have no idea. It just... happened," he looked helplessly at Sara. "I've never harmed someone who looked human before. I can case out Demons, but that's... that's not the same."

http://motorcityburning.forumotion.net/t556-chapter-two-act-ii-the-bee-swarm-attn-chris-joshua-liam-and-sara#5178

"Maybe it was a demon who just happened to look like a human," Sara suggested with a small shrug.

"It wasn't," Joshua said quietly. "When a demon's there, I can see this... glow of hellfire on them."

"And this thing felt ancient. What do you think that could mean?" Liam asked

Joshua ran his fingers back through his neatly slicked back hair and blew out a breath. "I don't know. Maybe it's been around a long time... or maybe it has ties to something old. It would explain the Cherokee impression..."

Sara peered at Liam for a moment. "Well, if you have any answers about the hand... trick... let the Padre know," she stated, with a knowing look at the Priest.

Liam leaned back in his chair. "So you think it's some kind of ancient Cherokee monster? Interesting. Maybe I'll draw up a sketch."

Joshua nodded. "It's a starting point, I think..." he said quietly. "Anything's as good."

Seryna

Posts : 805
Points : 959
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2009-04-26
Age : 34
Location : California

View user profile http://shadowclaw.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Two: Act II The Bee Swarm ATTN Chris, Joshua, Liam and Sara

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum