Motor City Burning
Welcome to Motor City Burning: World of Darkness online role playing game. Due to the graphic, predatory nature of the violence and adult activities Kindred, Hunters, and the Created take part in, we require all players to be 18 years of age or older. If you are at least 18 and would like to play with us, hit the "Register" key and come on in!

Searching for a respite ATTN Alfred & Alastor

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Searching for a respite ATTN Alfred & Alastor

Post by Seryna on Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:48 pm

As Alastor slumps in the seat, Alfred directs the car out of the 'Buy More!' supermarket. Glancing in his rearview, he can see the girl hurriedly entering a car.

Hopefully, not to follow them. As he drive, he hears the low thrum of a siren getting closer. Someone must have called the cops about the gun shot. You navigate into flowing traffic, leaving the horrible shopping mall behind...

Seryna

View user profile http://shadowclaw.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Searching for a respite ATTN Alfred & Alastor

Post by Kazakin on Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:53 pm

Alastor slumped in the seat, panting for air and hugging Alfred's coat around him. It smelt sickeningly of the other man's cologne, which was infinitely preferable to charred human flesh. He'd noticed long ago that it was rather... sweet. Like fresh back bacon. It turned his stomach and he tried not to think about it, although he looked better. The only thought in his mind now was Milan, and getting away from the area. He swallowed and looked at Alfred.

"What happened back there... it was only a... it was nothing." He said, his voice sharp and awkwardly cold, even though he'd meant it to be reassuring. "You... shouldn't dwell on it." It came off as a put-down and he swore interally. Damn it! He needed to call Milan, not recieve a Keris to the face for talking too much.

Kazakin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tehrat on Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:01 pm

Alfred drummed his fingers on the steering wheel of the car, and checked the rearview mirror to ensure that they were not being followed again. He gave a small, derisive snort as Alastor spoke and shook his head calmly. "Come now, Alastor. That could hardly be considered an explanation," the older man remarked. He couldn't recall what had occured, and this irked him on more than one level.

"Why don't you be a pleasant chap, and refresh my memory, hm?"

Tehrat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazakin on Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:06 pm

Alastor raised an eyebrow. Interesting. Surely Franklin had seen everything? He'd been right next to him as the transformation had taken over, and his body had been ripped into a horrific new shape by the tainted fire beneath his skin. No, he couldn't have missed that. It seemed logical to conclude, that unless the Guardian was playing a game with him, he couldn't remember. How odd.

"You don't recall, Franklin?" He said, and his heart skipped a beat. "...I was extremely ill. Something... unfortunate happened." His gut lurched with disgust. Murder. He'd committed murder, albeit in self-defense, but murder all the same, of a human being who'd probably thought nothing more than he was a monster. "A man pulled a gun. He was killed in the struggle."

Kazakin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tehrat on Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:12 pm

"If I did recall, I would not need to question you. Particularly considering you are continuously disinclined to tell me everything about you," Alfred smiled politely, but the smile fell short of his eyes. Hell, it barely raised the old man's lips. He glanced at Alastor out of the corner of his eyes to try and gauge his mood. He would assume the other man was lying to him, because he assumed - logically - that everyone was lying to him. But he dispised his sudden lack of memory regarding the last...how long had it been?

Tehrat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazakin on Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:16 pm

"That's all that happened, Franklin." Alastor snapped, looking faintly green. He didn't want to dwell on it. Killing wasn't something he'd even enjoyed- unlike, he knew damned well, the man seated next to him. He shook his head. "I was ill and I lost control, the man panicked, in the confusion he was killed. If I could explain why you don't remember that, I would. Perhaps you finally managed to ignore my advice so much you forgot I was there? Or maybe Alzheimer's Disease has finally taken hold?"

He had to reach Milan as fast as possible, get hold of the upper levels of his organisation. The Lucifuge must know what had happened to him- she had an uncanny way of guessing this sort of thing, and it was an unusual manifestation, a dangerous one.

Kazakin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tehrat on Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:34 pm

Franklin appeared rather disgruntled, which couldn't be too surprising. It was naturally in his manner to be suspicious, and when there was actual reason to be so, it didn't help matters. "Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, Alastor," Alfred responded archly. He would find out what was going on. He always did.

Tehrat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazakin on Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:38 pm

"So it's still a level higher than you possess? Good to know." Alastor replied drily. It felt comforting, arguing with Franklin, even if he was shivering and desperately in need of trousers. Familiar. Easier to process than the fact that he'd killed. Sweet Lord, he'd killed, like it was nothing, it had been so easy for the taint to take over like that. He'd felt immersed in sin. He swallowed, feeling like he might vomit again for reasons that had nothing to do with the supernatural. "How long to your new... premises?"

Kazakin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tehrat on Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:43 pm

"A few minutes," Alfred responded coolly. He was frustrated, and hardly concentrated as he wracked his brains to either remember what had occured, or try to figure out what the Hell would make him forget!

Tehrat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazakin on Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:46 pm

"Excellent. I need to make a telephone call. A private telephone call." Alastor said, stressing the word harder than he meant to. "I assume you won't mind if I step outside to make it."

Kazakin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tehrat on Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:53 pm

Alfred murmured something noncommittal underneath his breath for a moment, before actually nodding his head in agreement. He didn't particularly like it, but what was his alternative? He didn't think he could force Alastor to remain in the car until he 'spilled the beans'. Not without very extreme measures anyway.

He pulled over to the side of the road, and cut the engine as he parked in front of his shop. "There. You may make your call," Alfred commented stiffly.

Tehrat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazakin on Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:00 pm

"Thank you for being so understanding." Alastor drawled, pulling the jacket tighter around him. He scrabbled in his suitcase for at least a pair of trousers and his cellphone, awkwardly pulling them on while trying not to expose any part of his skin. Since this was physically impossible, it took a few minutes of awkward navigation before he got out of the car, walking away and turned his back on Alfred so the old man couldn't try to read his lips. He dialled the number of the house in Milan and licked his lips nervously.

"It is I." He said quietly into the reciever. "Alastor Grimm."

Kazakin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tehrat on Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:02 pm

With a quick glance - and a flash of irritation that Alastor knew him well enough by now to turn the Hell away from him, whilst speaking on the telephone - Alfred shuffled into his shop. He was going to have a stiff drink, and then investigate his resources for an answer to his pressing question. The first port of call would be his library, and spending the next few hours sifting through his books. If that turned up nothing, he would locate one of his contacts and see what they could find out.

Spoiler:
Intelligence + Academics: 2 Successes

Tehrat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazakin on Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:00 pm

Alastor paid little heed to Alfred, once he was sure the elderly assassin was firmly ensconced inside his curio shop, and waited for the phone to connect. What was he going to say? Part of him felt, with a distinctive, lurching sink, that this might simply be it- a manifestation like that might mean he was only an inch away from becoming part of the Inferno himself. Perhaps he was about to become monsterous. He swallowed. Oh Lord, it couldn't be that. If only the phone would pick up faster.

Kazakin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top