Motor City Burning
Welcome to Motor City Burning: World of Darkness online role playing game. Due to the graphic, predatory nature of the violence and adult activities Kindred, Hunters, and the Created take part in, we require all players to be 18 years of age or older. If you are at least 18 and would like to play with us, hit the "Register" key and come on in!

Morgue Aftermath

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: Morgue Aftermath

Post by Seratone on Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:55 pm

Chris hops in his car and steps on it, hoping that he hadn't wasted too many precious minutes to post the information on the internet.

He shows Gary the photograph on his cellphone. "A witness took this four minutes ago"

The man shakes his head in disbelief, trying to rationalize the whole thing like he usually did.

"How is this possible? There is no way that can be Emily Gillen. You saw the report at the morgue just like I did.. Dead people don't come back to life. There's got to be another explanation."


"I swear, I might just have to start writing fiction. Cause if I walk away frm this alive, no one's going to believe me."

Seratone

Posts : 372
Points : 462
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-06-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Morgue Aftermath

Post by Seryna on Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:09 am

[Linking Rico's Apartment scene & Chris & Gary together here as we merge]
John
The spirit - Emily that approaches does not reply. Her expression does not change with your words, remaining glacial and immovable in a mask of cold calculation, devoid of emotion.

John
He moves back, eyes glancing sideways to try and look for a way out without taking his attention off her. "How much blood is needed to feed vengence?" he demands, trying to remain sure of himself.

Your words are swallowed by the room. Above you, the lights continue to crackle with bursts of intermittent electricity, making you wonder if the electricity will cut out at any time. As you move back. your back presses against the door to the stairwell. Emily is six feet away and advancing rapidly, staring at you with the dead eyes of a hungry shark.
John:
He moves to draw his pistol, self defense always beat out not pissing off the neighbors. "I speak to the possessing spirit in the name of my bond to this place. On the authority of my blood and my training. Cease and leave this place."

Emily continues her progression towards you, your words rolling off of her like water droplets off of a ducks back. Staring at her, you sense something is holding her, but something stronger than any spirit you had encountered before. She continues to advance undeterred. Now she raises her knife, choosing where her first cut will slice as she closes the distance to you.

John
He brings the gun up wishing he had another option, not seeing one he fires, the explosion loud and echoing in the confined hallway.

Richard Hawkes: (any armor anything else that takes off the roll?)
Seryna: [2 armor]
Richard Hawkes: John Atian rolled 10 dice to "Pistol: inc Willpower" 7,2,1,8,7,3,6,4,3,2 (1 successes)

Seryna: You bullet burst forward. It rips into dead flesh, tearing open the left shoulder of Emily Gillen. She shudders backwards from the shot for a moment, but lunges forward with her right hand. The razor glitters in the flickering light before it plunges towards you.
Richard Hawkes: [def]

Emily rolled 5 dice to "Attacking" 3,10,7,3,4,10,2 (2 successes)
The razor slices forward, catching John at the shoulder. the pain explodes. You can feel blood welling along your shirt.

John gritted his teeth but with his back to the wall he had to hope that someone had heard the gunshot and help was on the way, fortunately both his arms still worked so it was unlikely to be too deep. He didn't try and keep an academy perfect stance he simply fired again blasting at her now at point blank range.
John Atian rolled 10 dice to "firing: inc Willpower" 4,8,9,6,3,9,2,4,5,7 (3 successes)

John & Gary
The two men arrive at the apartments a few minutes later, having managed to avoid causing an accident. Parking hastily, you see that the door to the apartment lobby stands ajar.

Surely you weren't the first on the scene? Glancing around, Chris wonders where 'Alice' is to have scooped the shot. The nieghborhood has two apartment buildings, the one you are approaching and one across the street. To the immediate left there is a convenience store on the corner. Across the street is a local owner - owned sandwich shop.

Your eyes are drawn back to the apartment with the crack of a gunshot. Entering the lobby of the apartment, you find a blond woman some twenty feet away from you, by the doorway to the stairwell. Immediately behind her with his back to the stairwell is John, the man you had worked with earlier.

John's gun is raised towards Emily, although a dark stain of blood is starting to blossom on his shirt sleeve. Emily appears to be wounded from various gun shots- one to her shoulder is in plain sight. Several dark stains of blood on her shirt suggest other wounds- or perhaps, the blood of her victims.


Now please roll initiative and we will go in initiative order

Seryna

Posts : 805
Points : 959
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2009-04-26
Age : 34
Location : California

View user profile http://shadowclaw.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Morgue Aftermath

Post by ricohard on Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:14 am

[John Atian rolled 1 dice to "inititive" 6 add 5 to that for 11]

[Init=11]

ricohard

Posts : 21
Points : 21
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-06-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Morgue Aftermath

Post by Seratone on Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:25 am

http://sheetgen.dalines.net/wiki/WikiDiceRoller?hash=f5147401

Ini=11 (7+4)

(Will yield turn to let John go before him)

Seratone

Posts : 372
Points : 462
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-06-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Morgue Aftermath

Post by Ulfsark on Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:51 pm

Gary looks at the picture and compares to his memories of the body lying on the cold street not too long ago. "Yeah that's definetely her" he baffedly remarks to Chris.

Sitting back thinking about the dead body that apparently is up and running, his face turns into a sharp grimace. "Oh fuck no, not the fucking migraine! Not now" he groans.

Ulfsark

Posts : 50
Points : 58
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-07-06
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Morgue Aftermath

Post by Seryna on Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:09 pm

[5 + 7 Initiative mod = 12
Initiative order: Emily Gillen - John - Chris - Gary. Please be ready to post immediately after the person before you posts. I'll post St information with Emily's post. As Emily & John already acted this turn, Chris please act and then Gary. Then we will begin a new turn with Emily Gillen - John - Chris - Gary.]

Seryna

Posts : 805
Points : 959
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2009-04-26
Age : 34
Location : California

View user profile http://shadowclaw.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Morgue Aftermath

Post by Seratone on Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:17 pm

Chris immediately takes a step back when he sees Emily, and the mysterious man that had helped in the investigation before.

He wasn't about to get in the way of a gun battle though, especially when he didn't have one.

Chris pulls out his video camera and starts filming the action.

Seratone

Posts : 372
Points : 462
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-06-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Morgue Aftermath

Post by Ulfsark on Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:32 pm

[Im really confused to what is happening, I think my account missed like five posts without me noticing them. ]

Ulfsark

Posts : 50
Points : 58
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-07-06
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Morgue Aftermath

Post by Ulfsark on Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:35 pm

Gary, still being a haze from his aches looks at the scene with an expression of almost drunken detachment. He notices his hand go to his holster out of reflex, as he moved to behind a wall, and pressed the trigger of his gun to fire.

http://sheetgen.dalines.net/wiki/WikiDiceRoller?hash=c6d961ac

Ulfsark

Posts : 50
Points : 58
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-07-06
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Morgue Aftermath

Post by Seryna on Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:58 pm

The gun shot fills the lobby, buffeting your ears with explosive noise. Gary's training allows him to keep his gun leveled at 'Emily' or whoever Emily was now. Emily jerks violently as the bullet burrows through her back. She stumbles forward, hitting the ground on her hands and knees.

Prone in front of John, Emily lifts her face towards him. Her face is twisted in anger and violence.

"You killed me. " She hisses. John has a first hand account of how the muscle on her back is exposed, raw and terrible looking. She needed intensive care if she was going to live..or whatever stasis she was in now.

"I'm coming back for you." She warns angrily, rising up from the ground. "You and the others!"

With that terrible proclamation, she shoves past John and into the stairwell. Her bloody hand print remains as the door slams shut behind her and she is loose in the stairs.

Spoiler:
Emily rolled 4 dice to "Grappling past" 9,7,8,3 (2 successes)

Seryna

Posts : 805
Points : 959
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2009-04-26
Age : 34
Location : California

View user profile http://shadowclaw.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Morgue Aftermath

Post by Seryna on Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:01 am

[14:00:23] Seratone : Chris pans the camera to get the best footage he can of the action. He shudders visibly. When Emily makes her escape he turns the camera off. "Shit....shit man What the hell just happened?." He looks over at John. "Are you alright man, that cut looks really bad."


[14:01:52] Ulfsark : Gary throws a quick glance at John, but turns his glance back at Emily's escape route, with what almost looks like psychotic determination in his eyes. He bolts after her.

[14:05:42] @ Seryna : As Gary moves past John and opens the door to the stairwell, he sees two stairways. One heads up and one heads down. Gary can hear nothing on the stairway to suggest her wherabouts.

[14:09:29] Ulfsark : Gary stops for a second to look up and down the two stairways. The logical part of him tells him to go down, as that would be the obvious escape route for any normal criminal. But his cases seldom included normal criminals, so he headed up the stairs.

[14:10:51] ricohard : John doesn't pursue her for the moment. the razor wound to his shoulder was bleeding and he kept pressure on it taking a moment to catch his breath.

[14:12:50] Seratone : Chris rips off a piece of his teashirt under his trench coat and gives it to John. "Here, keep pressure on it. The paramedics will be here shortly." His eyes drift toward the stairwell.



[14:18:25] @ Seryna : As gary ascends the stair case, he hears a loud noise. The noise of shattering glass. As he reaches the top of the staircase, he finds a door ajar that leads to the apartments.

[14:20:37] Ulfsark : Hearing the shattered glass, a memory of his first jumper flashes through his head. He follows the noise through the door, silently praying to not see a broken body five stories down a few seconds later.

[14:21:47] Seratone : Chris decides to get back in the action, not content to stay behind. He heads into the stairwell, switching his camera back on. "Gary you around here?" he shouts

[14:25:09] ricohard : he looks at the ripped piece of well worn fabric and shakes his head, Hard enough to self tie a tourniquet with one hand at the best of times. He leans back against the wall breathing deeply. "Brother, Has she gone?" he asks softly.

[14:27:07] @ Seryna : As Gary enters the hall, he sees a row of four doors, numbered for apartments. At the end of the hall was a large window, now shattered. At this distance, you can tell that the glass was broken outwards. As you approach the window and look downwards, you see a figure scaling down the exterior wall. Blonde hair is jostled as she makes the quick descent to the ground.

[14:27:40] @ Seryna : The bird proves fickle tonight, not replying to John's request.


[14:29:12] Ulfsark : Swearing loudly, Gary runs back as fasts as he can, flying down the stairs while tossing out another curse with every other step.
[14:29:56] Seratone : Chris hears Gary going down the stairs and follows him as fast as he can. The camera bounces with each step he takes.

[14:30:47] @ Seryna : As you reach the lobby floor and hurry out the door - the same door she had forced her way through earlier- you see only the empty street.


[14:32:05] Ulfsark : "FUCK!" Gary exclaims while regrudgingly putting his gun back in his holster.

[14:32:15] Seratone : "Shit, she got away didn't she." Chris turns his camera and shakes his head. "This whole thing is unbelievable."

[14:34:52] @ Seryna : Across the street, there stands another apartment. You watch as the curtain, which was ajar, is now pulled closed.

: Chris points to the curtain moving. "Maybe its just me but..."

: In the distance, a siren can be heard. It now approaches with haste. Preceding it is a duo of police cars who pull up to the apartment. One of the officers is a young African American woman who glances at you and begins striding towards you. Behind her, an ambulance speeds down the street towards you.

Gary nods at Chris and starts walking with caution over to the other side of the street.
: He finds the apartment is set up the same way as John's- a intercom system buzzes you in. The #1 apartment is listed for a 'landlord'.

Seryna

Posts : 805
Points : 959
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2009-04-26
Age : 34
Location : California

View user profile http://shadowclaw.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Morgue Aftermath

Post by Seratone on Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:06 am

Chris takes a deep breathe as the adrenalyn slowly starts to drain out of him.

He decides to follow Gary across the street. The FBI agent was afterall his ticket to the big story and not to mention a good means to deflect the authorities.

"So what do you make of all this?" He mutters to Gary.


The man pauses for a second, looking like he just remembered something,

"Hey, shouldn't we go back and talk to that other guy. I think John was his name? Maybe he knows something that we don't. Besides, the guy looked like he was cut up pretty bad."

Chris freezes in place as he looks up at the apartment building. He wonders if Emily is up there and he shudders.

Seratone

Posts : 372
Points : 462
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-06-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Morgue Aftermath

Post by Ulfsark on Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:55 am

Gary nods in silence at Chris as he keeps moving closer to the building. "John can wait for now. Let's check this out first."

He quickly rounds up the external layout of the building, trying to make out any additional entryways or exits, but then opens the front door and heads in.

Ulfsark

Posts : 50
Points : 58
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-07-06
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Morgue Aftermath

Post by Seratone on Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:24 pm

Chris glances over his shoulder for a minute before he decides to follow Gary inside the building. He leaves his video camera strapped around is shoulder this time.

"No back up huh? Well alright, but keep in mind, I'm just a regular guy trying to report the news.. I'll defend myself if I have to, but I don't carry around a gun or anything."

Seratone

Posts : 372
Points : 462
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-06-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Morgue Aftermath

Post by Seryna on Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:25 pm

As you enter the apartment, you find the lay out is very similar to John's across the street. You find the stairwell with ease. Unlike John's earlier game of cat and mouse with Emily, the door is closed with no sign that somethings afoot.

Working with the knowledge that the window was on the third floor and facing the street, you move up the stair well without being challenged by any one. It made you wonder at apartment security...

You eventually find yourself at apartment 17, the one who had likely observed you on the street - and who, perhaps, had observed the entire altercation. Now staring at the cheap wooden door, you wonder what your next move would be.


Seryna

Posts : 805
Points : 959
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2009-04-26
Age : 34
Location : California

View user profile http://shadowclaw.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Morgue Aftermath

Post by Ulfsark on Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:19 pm

While heading up the stairs, he speaks to Chris in a low voice. "Back up is a luxury that tv-cops seems to have in abundance. Reality is something else. All too often, you're alone. I'm grateful that you're coming with, way better than nothing. "

He pauses outside the door, gun in hand. He throws a cautios glance at the reporter and then slowly checks if the door is locked. If it's unlocked, he twists the doorknob as silently as he can.

http://sheetgen.dalines.net/wiki/WikiDiceRoller?hash=9b41bfdd

Ulfsark

Posts : 50
Points : 58
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-07-06
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Morgue Aftermath

Post by Seratone on Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:04 pm

Chris follows the FBI agent's lead. He takes cover on one side of the door so that if there was anything nasty behind it, he wouldn't be too exposed when the door opened.

Seratone

Posts : 372
Points : 462
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-06-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Morgue Aftermath

Post by Seryna on Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:12 am

As Gary tries the door knob handle, he hears someone step up to the door from within. Glancing up, Chris and Gary hear a small sound. The blackness behind the peep hole vanishes, suggesting that whoever within has a reverse peephole cover. A brown eye peers out at you for a moment.

The eye vanishes and the door opens a crack, with the chain still attached to bar further entry into the apartment.

"Whose there?" A woman asks. From the head peering through the crack, you deduce that there is a heavy set woman with dark coloring in her long, mousy brown hair.

Seryna

Posts : 805
Points : 959
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2009-04-26
Age : 34
Location : California

View user profile http://shadowclaw.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Morgue Aftermath

Post by Seryna on Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:30 pm

[11:05:24] Seratone : IC: (Chris shifts his position to stand in front of the door. "Hi, I'm Chris Williams, an investigative reporter. I'm sorry to bother you, but there's been some unusual occurences going on lately. Have you seen anything odd recently?"

[11:11:05] @ Seryna : As Bristol read the results that filled her screen, she read that the attack had taken place at Ruffian Apartment Complex. A quick entry into Mapquest revealed that the complex was about ten minutes north.

[11:12:56] Tehrat : "Okay, we need to head to the Ruffian Apartment Complex," Laura reported, without looking up from the screen. "Head north. About 10 minutes."

[11:14:05] @ Seryna : [Ruffian Apartment] "You mean the home invasion - or rather, the Apartment Complex across the street? Is that a- a gun?" The woman begins to close the door,'

[11:14:35] Kazakin : "Plug it into the GPS, Bristol." Donahue grated out, massaging his aching legs. This was fucked up.

[11:14:39] @ Seryna : " - whats a reporter doing with a gun?"

[11:14:35] Kazakin : "Plug it into the GPS, Bristol." Donahue grated out, massaging his aching legs. This was fucked up.

[11:14:39] @ Seryna : " - whats a reporter doing with a gun?"

[11:16:32] Tehrat : Laura promptly inputs the data. "Done."

[11:16:38] Seratone : Chris shows the woman his camera. "I'm not carrying any weapons mam. I'm just trying to get some answers. I'm looking for Emily Gillen." [Chris is unarmed fyi.]

[11:17:03] @ Seryna : [Garys armed..lets assume he hides it, we can ask Fred later]

[11:17:57] cobrawax has been disconnected the Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:17 am (session timeout)

[11:18:04] @ Seryna : The Jeep makes it way along the GPD coordinates. As you barely obey the speed limit, you see flashing lights in the distance. It would seem police were already on the scene - police and medics.

[11:20:37] Kazakin : Donahue grimaced. "Fuck. She won't be on scene..." He grabbed his fake ID and paused. "Bristol, take five, do a check on the people on scene."

[11:21:05] @ Seryna : As Gary steps back from the door, the woman peers out through the crack. "Gillen? I'm quite sure that I saw her across the street. Why don't you come in.." The door closes and the chain is removed. The door opened once more, rid of the chain that barred entry. "Please, come in. Can I see your I.D.?"

[11:22:03] Tehrat : Laura duly began to hack into the police filters, to try and get a gauge on who was hanging around.

[11:23:14] Tehrat : http://sheetgen.dalines.net/wiki/WikiDiceRoller?hash=2f750aee 4 Successes.))

[11:23:48] AeonThePhoenix has joined the chat on Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:23 am

[11:24:03] Kazakin : Yes! Full team. Very Happy))

[11:24:33] Seratone : "Sure I'd be happy to." Chris pulls out his wallet and quickly shows the woman his old press badge as he steps into the apartment to look around. "So you saw her break into the place huh? Pretty wild stuff."

[11:24:54] AeonThePhoenix : (Right, catching up and then I'm coming in)

[11:25:29] cobrawax has joined the chat on Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:25 am

[11:26:46] @ Seryna : After a few moments of typing, Laura managed to bring up the two detectives profiles. The two were veterans of the force- and one of them had been at the earlier scene. It was clear that they would be though investigators, bar a tricky move of the Talisman.

[11:27:57] AeonThePhoenix : "Bloody fantastic." Mike muttered. "This is gonna fuck up matters."

[11:29:07] @ Seryna : [Ruffian Apartments] Chris sees that the door enters into a well poainted kitchen and dinette room. With a start, he noticed the large, ornate mirror that faced the front door. Any one that entered the apartment would be forced to move past the mirror. Chris notes that the woman studies the mirror for a beat before she replies. "Nora Roberts." She extends her hand. "Please, have a seat." She gestures to the dinette table, set with three wooden chairs. Beyond the dining room, you spot a tasteful living room. On the desk you spy high end computers with two screens- data entry, and serious output, you'd guess.

[11:29:26] Kazakin : "That's why we have fake identities, boys and girls." Donahue said roughly, lighting a cigarette.

[11:29:36] Tehrat : Laura breezed through their profiles, before actually speaking up again. "A coupla cops who've been around for a while. One of them's been on scene before, the other not."

[11:30:33] @ Seryna : [Outside Ruffian Apartments: TFV] As the Jeeps occupants decided thier course of action, there was a quick movement past the door. Turning, there was a crash as a dumpster within an alley was roughly slid aside. Perhaps someone was running down the side alley.

[11:31:28] Kazakin : "Or not. Follow that crash!" Donahue barked, jerking out of his seat.

[11:32:24] Seratone : "Nice to meet you Nora." Chris replies gruffly as he steps into the place. He decides to take a seat and get's out his notebook. "Those are some nice computers." He comments.

[11:33:27] @ Seryna : [Ruffian Apartments] "THank you. I work in the data retrieval field..." The woman takes a seat across from you. "What were your questions?"

[11:34:28] AeonThePhoenix : Mike leapt out of the vehicle, giving chase down the alleyway.

[11:34:55] Seratone : "Could you just tell me exactly what you saw in detail? Don't worry about holding back. If you don't want to be identified in the press, I can keep that confidential."



[11:34:28] AeonThePhoenix : Mike leapt out of the vehicle, giving chase down the alleyway.

[11:34:55] Seratone : "Could you just tell me exactly what you saw in detail? Don't worry about holding back. If you don't want to be identified in the press, I can keep that confidential."

[11:39:53] @ Seryna : "I saw the entire thing." The woman replied, straight forward. "I saw the blonde woman approach the lobby across the street. A brunnette entered the lobby and the blonde attacked and forced her way inside. That's when I called the police and I assume you know the rest."

[11:40:30] cobrawax has been disconnected the Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:40 am (session timeout)

[11:40:31] Tehrat : Laura jumped out after the others, although she naturally assumed that if she had to shoot at anything, she would probably miss.

[11:40:40] Kazakin : Donahue reloaded his Colt as he limped, swearing the whole time under his breath.

[11:41:45] @ Seryna : As Mike raced down the alleyway, he realized that the alleyway reached an abrupt dead end. Whirling about, he had to guess that Emily was here, somewhere, lurking among the dumpsters. A quick lift of the eyes revealed no nearby fire escapes.

[11:43:10] Kazakin : http://sheetgen.dalines.net/wiki/WikiDiceRoller?hash=a217c99d 1 success on Perception))

[11:43:30] AeonThePhoenix : Quickly Mike swapped the clip in his second Colt for etheric ammo. If he got a chance to shoot, he was going to inflict as much harm as possible on the target before she got a chance to turn the tables on them.

[11:43:59] Tehrat : http://sheetgen.dalines.net/wiki/WikiDiceRoller?hash=ee8864af 2 Successes on Perception.))

[11:44:17] Tehrat : Laura drew her gun, as she panned around.

11:44:58] Kazakin : Donahue indicated Mike should switch his goggles on.

[11:45:37] Seratone : Chris nods his head grimly. "Yeah, its a pretty messed up situation." He jots down a few notes in his pad and then puts it away in his trench coat pocket. "Thanks for the information. That's really all I wanted to ask about." He gives the woman a business card. "If you see anything else, feel free to give me a call. This thing has got a lot of people scared, they deserve to know what's going on."

[11:46:30] AeonThePhoenix : Mike snapped the lens down on his Etheric Goggles, scanning the alleyway ahead of them for anything supernatural.

[11:48:27] @ Seryna : As Donahue gestured to Mike. he heard a scratching sound from behind him. Turning, he spotted the dumpster wiggle somewhat. He them felt a thrill of alarm as someone behind it gave it a forceful shove directly at Mike and Donahue! As the men attempted to scrabble away, they found themselves wedged in a small place between the dumpster and the brick wall. After a few quick shoves, it became clear that they would need to push themselves free..which may take a couple of minutes. As Bristol turned around, she spotted the dumpster looking quite sturdy. A blonde woman stepped out from behind the dumpster. Turning, the woman raised her glistening straight edge.

[11:49:09] AeonThePhoenix : (Can Mike see to shoot?)

[11:49:39] @ Seryna : [No. Both men are throughly trapped for a round or two!]

[11:49:55] AeonThePhoenix : (Fan-tucking-fastic)

[11:50:14] Kazakin : "SON OF A BITCH!" Donahue roared, shoving with all his strength at the dumpster.

[11:50:23] Kazakin : ((Strength + Stamina?))

[11:51:07] AeonThePhoenix : Mike pushed hard at the dumpster, his back against the wall trying to get any kind of leverage to force the heavy metal object away. "Hang tight Bristol!"

[11:51:59] AeonThePhoenix : (Strength and Stamina)

[11:52:04] Tehrat : "Oh for the love of God," Laura growled, and fired at the kinfe-loving blonde.

[11:52:41] Tehrat : http://sheetgen.dalines.net/wiki/WikiDiceRoller?hash=db14083e 1 Success.))

[11:52:58] AeonThePhoenix : [1 success] http://sheetgen.dalines.net/wiki/WikiDiceRoller?hash=26834f98

[11:53:10] Kazakin : Risking WP))

[11:53:51] Kazakin : http://sheetgen.dalines.net/wiki/WikiDiceRoller?hash=ee38167a 3 successes))

[11:53:54] @ Seryna : [Yes, str + stamina]

[11:57:04] @ Seryna : As the two men shove thier way past the dumpster, they note with alarm as Emily screeches with alarm. Clutching her arm, she turns and streaks towards Bristol with the straight edge raised high. As Mike begins to level his gun at her, he spots a red haze rising out of Emily. It raises skyward before a vague face turns and evaluates the men. Mike gets a sense its about to attack.


[11:59:08] Seratone : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvjO-UhCyHw&feature=related

[11:59:13] Seratone : (provides sound track)

[11:59:15] Kazakin : Donahue, unseeing of the red mist, levelled his ether-loaded colt at Emily's head and took aim.

[11:59:50] @ Seryna : [...not a bad sound track..]

[12:00:09] Tehrat : Because she AHD a self-preservation instinct, Laura fired again.

[12:00:28] Kazakin : http://sheetgen.dalines.net/wiki/WikiDiceRoller?hash=c2c54b1c 1 success on a headshoot with WP. Nuts!))

[12:00:51] Tehrat : http://sheetgen.dalines.net/wiki/WikiDiceRoller?hash=106b3621 2 Successes.))

[12:00:59] AeonThePhoenix : Mike aimed upwards at the red mist and let fire.

[12:01:18] AeonThePhoenix : (Any negs to take into account?)

[12:03:03] @ Seryna : [no]

[12:03:07] @ Seryna : [shoot away]

[12:03:16] AeonThePhoenix : (Vunderbar!)

[12:04:03] AeonThePhoenix : [5] http://sheetgen.dalines.net/wiki/WikiDiceRoller?hash=d8a372a1

[12:04:38] AeonThePhoenix : [2] http://sheetgen.dalines.net/wiki/WikiDiceRoller?hash=f9a3fba7

[12:04:49] @ Seryna : [appreciate you showing the sux

[12:05:08] AeonThePhoenix : [No problem]

[12:05:52] cobrawax has joined the chat on Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:05 pm

[12:07:24] @ Seryna : There's a sharp, inhuman shriek as Emily jerks as bullets find purchase. Disfiguring her with a terrible, bloody gash, she continues her path towards Bristol. Bristol gets a terrible view as she can see the white bone of Emily's jaw, even an exposed tooth as Emily sneers a terrible visage, promising terrible things. She reaches Bristol and slashes, drawing her straight edge down on Bristo's right arm. Blood blossoms and pain erupts. As Mike takes aim at the red haze, it buckles as his bullets find purchase. Red ochre, thick and syrupy, drips down onto the floor of the alleyway. There's a terrible whooshing noise and a pressure increases. It makes you feel as though your ears are about to pop. It sweeps downwards with startling speed, enveloping Mike. While the others see nothing unusual, the unnatural beast focusses on reclaiming its life force from thier comrade.

[12:07:51] @ Seryna : [Emily rolled 4 dice to "Attack (weapon)" 5,10,1,3,3 (1 successes)]

[12:08:12] AeonThePhoenix : (Augh! Vampire mist!)

[12:08:36] AeonThePhoenix : (Well not literally a vampire but still... augh!)

[12:10:24] @ Seryna : [Drain: Health. For one round, the red mist drains from Mike. Mike feels a terrible, terrible pain for a round]

[12:10:39] @ Seryna : [ST scene done, feel free to continue!]

[12:10:44] Kazakin : "Leave Bristol alone, you psychotic bitch! I'm the one that popped your head like a grapefruit!" Donahue roared, aiming for a headshot on Emily and firing his Colt again.

[12:11:07] Kazakin : http://sheetgen.dalines.net/wiki/WikiDiceRoller?hash=59ee8b8d 3 successes__

[12:11:38] Tehrat : Laura swore repeatedly underneath her breath, and quickly fired again. "Fucking bitch!"

[12:12:39] AeonThePhoenix : (Can Mike fire or is he in too much pain?)

[12:12:41] Tehrat : No successes!))

[12:13:47] @ Seryna : [too much pain!]

[12:14:14] Seratone has been disconnected the Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:14 pm (session timeout)

[12:14:55] AeonThePhoenix : Mike grimaced as he fell to one knee, biting his lip and trying not to give the damn hazy bastard the satisfaction of him crying out in agony.

[12:15:21] @ Seryna : Blood slowly spreads across Emily's chest as Donahue finds a kink in this woman's supernatural abilities. There's a terrible look in Emily's eyes - madness married with vengeance. The woman stumbles and falls to her knees. The straight edge that has claimed the blood of at least three hunters clatters to the floor. Emily sprawls on the ground, immobile. Mike, however, has a pain that sets his teeth on edge. The red haze slowly rises above him and he is able to catch his breath, able to move once more.

[12:16:03] Seratone has joined the chat on Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:16 pm


[12:16:58] Kazakin : Donahue aims for Emily as she lies on the floor and squeezes the trigger.

[12:17:03] Kazakin : http://sheetgen.dalines.net/wiki/WikiDiceRoller?hash=13f7b840 6 successes))

[12:17:07] Kazakin : Typical. XD))

[12:17:20] @ Seryna : [Ha!]

[12:18:23] AeonThePhoenix : Thankfully having had the presence of mind to not drop his Colts, Mike raisd two shaky arms up towards the red mist. "Feast on this." he growled through the aftermath of the painful attack.

[12:19:04] AeonThePhoenix : [3] http://sheetgen.dalines.net/wiki/WikiDiceRoller?hash=7277464f

[12:19:29] AeonThePhoenix : [7] http://sheetgen.dalines.net/wiki/WikiDiceRoller?hash=6e23b913

[12:19:42] @ Seryna : Emily jerks on the ground before lulling over. Her blue eyes are wide and unseeing, staring up past her killers.

[12:20:37] Seratone : Chris decides to head back down to the street where his car was parked. He felt perplexed and isolated by the horrifying events of the day. He thinks about the dead chiuldren and shudders.

[12:21:13] @ Seryna : Mike has a feeling of satisfaction as his bullets drive through the red mist. Whatever it is ceases to matter as a twisted, bloody pice of bone falls to the floor. In a quick glance, it appears to be a human heart...

[12:22:25] Kazakin : Donahue limped over to Bristol. "Lemme get that arm." He started wrapping it.

[12:22:43] @ Seryna : Bone and heart lay on the ground, but where had they come from? Had these once vital organs composed the unusual red mist that had attacked them? Was the mist now as dead as Emily.

[12:23:35] Kazakin : http://sheetgen.dalines.net/wiki/WikiDiceRoller?hash=4d73a1f0 1 success))

[12:23:47] AeonThePhoenix : Mike looks around the alleyway for something relatively large and heavy that he can manage to lift.

[12:23:52] cobrawax has joined the chat on Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:23 pm

[12:24:27] Tehrat : Laura nodded simply, and let Donahue help with the wound. "Thanks.."

[12:25:15] Kazakin : Donahue turned to Mike once he was done staunching the bleed and limped over. His body was on fire, but he wasn't about to admit it. He kept his spine stiff. "What the fuck is that, Hunter?"

[12:25:41] @ Seryna : Mike notes the several dumpsters. These appear to be the only things about. As Chris glances about, he notices an alley nearby to where his car was parked.

[12:25:58] @ Seryna : [You can roll perception, Seratone. a sux would reveal the presence of TFV. Hide the camera]

[12:27:02 28/01/11] Seratone : http://sheetgen.dalines.net/wiki/WikiDiceRoller?hash=488fab92 (1 success)

[12:27:19 28/01/11] AeonThePhoenix : (Great, can't really tip a dumpster over...)

[12:27:36 28/01/11] Kazakin : ((Burn it?))

[12:28:05 28/01/11] AeonThePhoenix : ( ....anyone bring petrol?)

[12:28:23 28/01/11] Kazakin : ((I have lighter fluid + my lighter))

[12:28:30 28/01/11] Kazakin : ((And we have a CAR.))

[12:29:21 28/01/11] @ Seryna : [Burning Emily too?]

[12:29:25 28/01/11] Seratone : Chris decides to use the alley on his way back to the parked car.

[12:29:32 28/01/11] AeonThePhoenix : Mike placed a hand on Donahue's shoulder. "Got anything flammable?"

[12:30:50 28/01/11] @ Seryna : As Chris walks into the alleyway, he hears the sounds of voivces. These voices belong to the TFV that he had met with earlier- and perhaps more startling, he notes the still and bloody body of Gillen lying still on the floor. A great deal of bloody mess - and some soft, pulpy red thing - sits near Mike.

[12:30:59 28/01/11] Kazakin : "Yeah." Donahue produced the bottle of lighter fluid. "Let's torch this shit and get out of here." He grimaced as Mike leant on him, before pouring lighter fluid over the heart and setting it aflame.

[12:33:02 28/01/11] @ Seryna : The heat and fire take to the heart, aided by the lighter fluid. The terrible smell of burning flesh and crackling from the heart fill the alleyway..

[12:33:09 28/01/11] AeonThePhoenix : "Good fucking riddance..." Mike muttered.

[12:33:30 28/01/11] Kazakin : Donahue's nostrils flared and he limped over to the body to take care of that.

[12:33:58 28/01/11] Seratone : Chriss thought of approaching the agents. But last time hadn't gone so well for the reporter. So he tries to be snaeky. The man peeks around the corner and tries to capture a still picture of the scene without being noticed.

[12:34:16 28/01/11] Seratone : http://sheetgen.dalines.net/wiki/WikiDiceRoller?hash=ffb5e346 (4 success stealth)

[12:34:45 28/01/11] AeonThePhoenix : (Damn media!) Razz

[12:34:59 28/01/11] Kazakin : http://sheetgen.dalines.net/wiki/WikiDiceRoller?hash=d60469da 4 successes perception))

[12:35:00 28/01/11] Seratone : (its the perfect foil for TFV)

[12:35:13 28/01/11] @ Seryna : [oh ho]

[12:35:32 28/01/11] Tehrat : http://sheetgen.dalines.net/wiki/WikiDiceRoller?hash=c39468b5 2 Successes Perception.))

[12:36:27 28/01/11] Seratone : )what's a tie mean?)

[12:36:58 28/01/11] @ Seryna : [tie goes to the defender]

[12:37:18 28/01/11] AeonThePhoenix : (Yay?)

[12:37:20 28/01/11] @ Seryna : [any final thoughts, guys? What do you feel like doing now?]

[12:37:26 28/01/11] Kazakin : Donahue's trained eyes flickered up and caught the flash of a lens, just out of the corner of his eye. Not a scope. A camera. "Oh, I don't fucking believe this." Donahue raised his gun. "Show yourself."

[12:37:55 28/01/11] AeonThePhoenix : ((Does dancing round Emily's burning corpse and roasting marshmallows sound appropriate?))

[12:38:50 28/01/11] @ Seryna : {Jake, I know in life you are a sensitive and sane man. Squick at the IC thought Razz ]

[12:38:59 28/01/11] AeonThePhoenix : ((Guess not...))

[12:39:01 28/01/11] Kazakin : ((We're the Men In Black! Be dignified man!))

[12:39:06 28/01/11] Kazakin : ((No dancing.))

[12:39:18 28/01/11] @ Seryna : [Chris will get a camera..]

[12:39:28 28/01/11] AeonThePhoenix : ((Marshmallows it is then.))

[12:39:35 28/01/11] @ Seryna : [You know, Chris needs to start staging cameras around you guys that you cnat automatically find]

[12:40:02 28/01/11] @ Seryna : [Razz]

[12:40:09 28/01/11] Kazakin : ((Is Chris coming out, or am I gonna have to shoot him? Razz))

[12:40:28 28/01/11] AeonThePhoenix : (Aim for the kneecaps!)

[12:40:43 28/01/11] Seratone : "Shit!" Chris mutters and decides to run for his car as fast as he can.

[12:40:51 28/01/11] Seratone : http://sheetgen.dalines.net/wiki/WikiDiceRoller?hash=de971f45

[12:40:56 28/01/11] Seratone : (foot chase!)

[12:41:28 28/01/11] @ Seryna : {*twitch* who wants to use the damnation city rules?]

[12:41:36 28/01/11] @ Seryna : [..I think theyre awesome]

[12:41:44 28/01/11] Kazakin : Donahue cursed under his breath. "Son of a bitch, after him! It's that fucking reporter!"

[12:42:12 28/01/11] @ Seryna : [*happy giggle* Aw, the hunters recognize and respect each other]

[12:42:13 28/01/11] Kazakin : ((What's the Damnation City rules again?))

[12:42:15 28/01/11] Tehrat : With a quick turn, Laura runs after the annoying reporter. "Does he never fucking give up?!"

[12:42:24 28/01/11] AeonThePhoenix : "I swear I'm going to shoot the next guy who runs on sheer principle..." Mike growled, giving chase.

[12:42:59 28/01/11] Kazakin : ((Not that I will be running, since... you know... legs. Razz))

[12:43:23 28/01/11] @ Seryna : [getting the foot chase pdf open. continue running and gripping for a minute..]

[12:43:23 28/01/11] Kazakin : Donahue limped in that general sort of direction, muttering curses at the existance of cameras.

[12:43:52 28/01/11] AeonThePhoenix : ((Good you get to stay and finish burning the corpse. Jeep needs washing while you wait Razz ))

[12:44:20 28/01/11] @ Seryna : [ok, we're going to try out the hot pursuit system]

[12:45:05 28/01/11] @ Seryna : [Chases are exciting. Chases are especially exciting when you’re a bloodthirsty Kindred who is careening through the nightmare cityscape of the World of Darkness — whether you’re the pursuer or he prey in that chase. The system presented here is designed o dovetail with the “Foot Chase” pursuit rules described on pp. 65–66 of the World of Darkness Rulebook. The difference here is that the Hot Pursuit rules are intended o simulate a king-hell, balls-out, ass-hauling flight with the background blurred almost beyond recognition as whatever’s n pursuit tries furiously to get the jump on whatever’s in the ead. Hot Pursuit is intended to showcase the attributes of he urban landscape. It’s less about a reckless dash down a sidewalk than it is about climbing up a fire escape, jumping across a gap in the rooftops, and diving into a Dumpster before sliding under a truck to evade pursuit.]

[12:45:12 28/01/11] @ Seryna : [Sound good to every one?]

[12:45:46 28/01/11] Kazakin : ((CURSE YOU INABILITY TO RUN!))

[12:46:13 28/01/11] Tehrat : Is the roll just sta + athletics?))

[12:46:33 28/01/11] Seratone : (o)

[12:46:39 28/01/11] AeonThePhoenix : (Go go go!)

[12:46:54 28/01/11] Seratone : (ok yeah just stamina + athletics i had 2 successes)

[12:47:11 28/01/11] Seratone : (you guys have to admit i make this game more fun for everyone lol)

[12:47:25 28/01/11] @ Seryna : [we could do the fast pursuit attempt; or we can roll stam + ath]

[12:48:01 28/01/11] Seratone : (just tell us what to roll!)

[12:48:44 28/01/11] Kazakin : Donahue realised he was never going to be able to keep up, and limped back to watch the body burn. He fumbled out his cell phone and called HQ. "This is Mason." He said curtly. "Confirming termination of primary and secondary targets- potential tertiary target to present on Friday."

[12:48:49 28/01/11] @ Seryna : [then that would be the sta + athletics]

[12:49:03 28/01/11] Tehrat : http://sheetgen.dalines.net/wiki/WikiDiceRoller?hash=3d1b6568 1 Success.))

[12:49:07 28/01/11] AeonThePhoenix : (Have Mike just shoot Chris in the leg) Razz

[12:49:56 28/01/11] AeonThePhoenix : [1] http://sheetgen.dalines.net/wiki/WikiDiceRoller?hash=a2425ed3

[12:50:16 28/01/11] @ Seryna : [Sera, your roll?]

[12:50:37 28/01/11] Seratone : http://sheetgen.dalines.net/wiki/WikiDiceRoller?hash=de971f45

[12:50:45 28/01/11] Seratone : that was my first roll, want me to roll again?

[12:51:25 28/01/11] @ Seryna : had to scroll up to find it

[12:51:29 28/01/11] @ Seryna : http://sheetgen.dalines.net/wiki/WikiDiceRoller?hash=de971f45

[12:51:38 28/01/11] @ Seryna : Chris beats out the TFV, oddly enough

[12:52:02 28/01/11] Seratone : (all about that will power)

[12:52:25 28/01/11] Kazakin : ((Isn't it an extended roll?))

[12:52:53 28/01/11] @ Seryna : As Chris careens out of the alley, he can hear the sounds of pursuerers. At least two, if his count of the footfalls was correct. But he sees his car just up ahead and hurriedly unlocks the door and throws himself within. As Bristol and Mike exit the alleyway, Chris pulls away and drives down the street. This time, with one lone picture.

[12:53:28 28/01/11] Tehrat : Yeah, I thought it was usually an extended roll to chase.))

[12:53:56 28/01/11] Seratone : (usually, if it was only a short distance though)

[12:54:12 28/01/11] AeonThePhoenix : "Son of a bitch!" Mike cursed, staring after the car trying to pick out as much of the license plate as possible.

[12:54:25 28/01/11] Kazakin : ((Hell to that, shoot his car.))

[12:54:43 28/01/11] @ Seryna : [The car was already stated to be a short distance from the alley, unless you want to try and chase it down]

[12:54:56 28/01/11] Kazakin : ((Shoot the tires! Very Happy))

[12:55:23 28/01/11] AeonThePhoenix : [3] http://sheetgen.dalines.net/wiki/WikiDiceRoller?hash=bd88a330

[12:55:34 28/01/11] AeonThePhoenix : (Oh... thought it wasn't that close...)

[12:55:59 28/01/11] Seratone : (I'm laughing so hard right now. This is crazy)

[12:56:03 28/01/11] Kazakin : ((Haha, never mind. Razz We have other methods.))

[12:56:08 28/01/11] @ Seryna : Mike gets a good look at the liscense plate, good enough to remember the numbers for a moment perhaps.

[12:56:10 28/01/11] Kazakin : ((Bristol!))

[12:56:19 28/01/11] Tehrat : Laura moves to the agent's car, to use the laptop to hack the camera feed in the area and get a look at the license plates on the car.

[12:56:21 28/01/11] @ Seryna : (Standard memory recollection rules apply, with a +1 bonus ]

[12:56:53 28/01/11] @ Seryna : [With her luck, bristol may miss and hit a bystander]

[12:57:04 28/01/11] @ Seryna : [ Razz ]

[12:57:21 28/01/11] Kazakin : ((Hit a bystander by following him with traffic cameras? Razz))

[12:57:22 28/01/11] AeonThePhoenix : "Pen qui-" Mike noticed Bristol doing her tech thing. "Oh... yeah, that works too..."

[12:57:29 28/01/11] Seratone : (alright so are we done with the scene?)

[12:57:55 28/01/11] @ Seryna : Bristol easily hacks the feed and moves her way around the feeds. After a moment, she clues in and has a moment to record the liscense number

[12:57:59 28/01/11] Tehrat : 0 Successes))

[12:58:08 28/01/11] @ Seryna : [Quick to be off, Seratone?]

[12:58:11 28/01/11] Tehrat : Okay then!))

[12:58:20 28/01/11] @ Seryna : [i'll give it to Bristol Razz]

[12:58:22 28/01/11] AeonThePhoenix : (PEN!!! Need a pen!)

[12:58:43 28/01/11] @ Seryna : [She has 900 skills at hacking and is eluded by a downtown camera. muhahah]

[12:58:53 28/01/11] @ Seryna : [OK guys - final thoughts]

[12:58:54 28/01/11] Seratone : (ha maybe, might have a little more time. Exciting stuff folks!)

[12:59:02 28/01/11] @ Seryna : Where do you want to go from here

[12:59:19 28/01/11] Kazakin : ((Seriously. You are getting Munin serumed for this. Razz))

[12:59:24 28/01/11] @ Seryna : any thoughts? Remarks? Quetsions about your health levels?

[12:59:29 28/01/11] AeonThePhoenix : Mike hurriedly scrabbled in the glovebox, finding a lone pen. After a few false strokes, the damn thng worked and he scrawled the license number on his hand before he started to forget.

[12:59:44 28/01/11] @ Seryna : Bristol & Mike were both injured. DOnahue entered fucked by a cliff already.. Razz

[13:00:24 28/01/11] AeonThePhoenix : next time we face a mist creature Mike is bringing a dustbuster to trap the bastard >.>

[13:00:40 28/01/11] @ Seryna : Jake, you know about how to heal damage, right? And donahue got a suc on Bristol for a med roll

[13:01:16 28/01/11] Kazakin : Bristol can patch Mike up and finish off Donahue's shoulder wound in our downtime. Smile

[13:01:28 28/01/11] @ Seryna : and oocly. you killed Emily and the spirit of her husband. Nicely done

[13:01:35 28/01/11] AeonThePhoenix : Good

[13:01:42 28/01/11] Kazakin : Haha, in your face murderous revenge spirits!

[13:01:50 28/01/11] Seratone : Chris struggles to catch his breathe as he drives off down a side street. Everything had happened so fast, it took a few minutes for him to figure out what to do next. He decides to hit the highway and drive away from the city and into the suburbs. When he reaches the suburbs, he will look for a cyber cafe to upload all of his information. Then from there his plan was to get to his safehouse.

[13:01:55 28/01/11] @ Seryna : ...pretty much

[13:02:13 28/01/11] @ Seryna : now, Chris & Gary had a bit more of the motive for why Emily was doing this

[13:02:25 28/01/11] @ Seryna : and TFV killed it.

[13:02:44 28/01/11] @ Seryna : [HAHAH. My fat cat just rolled on its back and cant get up. need a minute

[13:02:46 28/01/11] Seratone : (Loving the player conflict this is a blast)

[13:03:06 28/01/11] Tehrat : Aw!))

[13:03:37 28/01/11] Kazakin : When werewolves find our families because you published our faces, I will personally shoot Chris. Very Happy

[13:03:56 28/01/11] Tehrat : Laura will track the car using traffic cameras.))

Seryna

Posts : 805
Points : 959
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2009-04-26
Age : 34
Location : California

View user profile http://shadowclaw.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Morgue Aftermath

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum