Motor City Burning
Welcome to Motor City Burning: World of Darkness online role playing game. Due to the graphic, predatory nature of the violence and adult activities Kindred, Hunters, and the Created take part in, we require all players to be 18 years of age or older. If you are at least 18 and would like to play with us, hit the "Register" key and come on in!

Morgue Aftermath

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Morgue Aftermath

Post by Seratone on Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:33 pm

After TFV Departs from the Morgue...

Chris was at his apartment checking email when several google alerts start popping into his inbox.Shots fired near city morgue

Chris puts on his trench coat, gathers his camera and other equipment, and rushes out the door.

He drives to the scene of the incident. When he gets out, he looks around for anything unusual.,
http://sheetgen.dalines.net/wiki/WikiDiceRoller?hash=016c7ebc (1 success)

Seratone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Morgue Aftermath

Post by Seryna on Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:38 pm

The first thing he notes are the EMTs loading two men into the ambulance. From first glance, the wounds don't appear to be gun shots. He also spies a patrolmen questioning one of the guards. The guard, a heavyset man, is gesturing emphatically. It seems that there is a great deal of activity in the form of police techs crowding around two broken windows of the morgue building itself.

Seryna

View user profile http://shadowclaw.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Seratone on Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:42 pm

Chris pauses to take a few photographs. One photo is of the injured persons being brought into the ambulance. The other photograph shows the broken windows.

After that he walks over to the heavy set guard. When the opportunity presents itself, he tries talking to him.

"Chris Williams, I'm with the press, what the hell happened here?"

Seratone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Seryna on Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:46 pm

"Not 'sposed to talk to the press." The guard studies you warily. "But every one knows some crazy bitch stabbed one of the morgue assistants as soon as he finished the autopsy. Of you know, the chick who was killing people."
He looks around warily before leaning in. "You hear anything about the body going missing?"

Seryna

Back to top Go down

Post by Seratone on Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:53 pm

"Not a thing." A pause as a sense of dread starts to sink in.

"So wait a minute, you're saying someone broke into the morgue, stabbed a bunch of people, and then stole the body of Emily Gillien?"

"Hold on a second."

Chris decides to give Gary from the FBI a call. He leaves a message. "Hey this is Chris, the reporter you talked to earlier. Something is going down at the morgue in Detroit, think you should check this out."

Seratone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Seryna on Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:58 pm

"That's exactly what happened." The guard nodded, wide eyed. "But then there was shootin'!" His eyes look like they are about to pop out of his head.

"I was hiding over there a ways." He pointed to one of the side rooms. "It sounded like they were shooting at the morgue!"

Seryna

Back to top Go down

Post by Ulfsark on Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:24 pm

As gary was going through the many files on his crowded desk, he hears the answering machine buzzing in the living room, and the familiar voice of the reporter from the other day, starts sounding. After hearing the message, he runs his face through his palms while thinking "I'm too tired for this, I'm too tired from this" Nevertheless, ht puts on his jacket and heads over to the morgue.

Well there he looks at the scene, and starts eyeing after Mr. Williams.

Ulfsark

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Seratone on Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:29 pm

"People were shooting at the Morgue?" Chris sounds perplexed.

"Thanks for the information man. Here's something for your trouble." He offers the guy a cigarette and then heads over to the window that the Police were examining.

When he spots Gary he waves him over. The reporter relates to Gary what the guard had told him.

"This has got to be the weirdest thing I've seen in a long time. This is a lot of trouble to go through for a dead body dn't you think?"

Seratone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ulfsark on Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:07 pm

"And also a lot of trouble to protect a dead body" the agent inserted, referencing the gunshots the guard had heard.

"Let's take a closer look at the 'crime scene', shall we?" Gary starts walking with steady steps towards the hospital entrance, and if stopped he quickly flaps out his shiny badge.

Well inside, he takes a good look at the cabinet the body was supposed to have been in, any extra bullet-holes around the area, and for anything else taht seems out of place.
http://sheetgen.dalines.net/wiki/WikiDiceRoller?hash=22baa3c0

Ulfsark

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Seratone on Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:46 pm

"What makes you think someone was trying to protect the body? You think someone was shooting at the assailent as she" tried to escape?"

Chris scrutinizes the scene along with Gary looking for anything of interest as he makes his way into the morgue.

http://sheetgen.dalines.net/wiki/WikiDiceRoller?hash=35de7bff

Seratone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Seryna on Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:09 am

As Gary and Chris enter the morgue, they see a police officer questioning an attractive woman in a white jacket. While she's distracted, you are able to examine the scene undisturbed.

The slab is a standard issue one that rolls into a cooled drawer. Examining the scene, you spot that the sheet presumably covering Gillen is on the ground. About a foot to the left, you spot a bloody foot print. Taking stock of the room, you spot a bloody smear by the door to the morgue.

Its clear to see that whoever stabbed the assistant stepped in the blood as they progressed into the room. Facing the slab again, you note nothing unusual about the area.

On a nearby table, you spot the completed autopsy report.

Seryna

Back to top Go down

Post by Seratone on Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:27 am

Chris line up his camera and takes a solid picture of the coroner's report before moving on.

"Well she was definitely dead. But that's about the only part that makes sense.."

He walks over t the Police Officer on duty.

"Hi, I'm Chris Williams, I'm working as a consultant with the FBI. Do you know if this place has any video footage of the incident? I'd like to take a look at it,

"http://sheetgen.dalines.net/wiki/WikiDiceRoller?hash=aa23ca42

Seratone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ulfsark on Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:10 pm

Gary skims through the autopsy report while mumbling to himself. He reacts to Chris' mentioning the FBI, but quickly lets it fall through his registry. Feeling desentisized in general, he keeps looking through the morgue while not searching for anything in particular.

Ulfsark

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Seryna on Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:54 pm

"Hello..." The man checks you over. "Yes, I do know there is footage. It will have to be released directly to the FBI, however. And can I ask what is the FBI interest in this case?"

Seryna

Back to top Go down

Post by Seratone on Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:06 pm

Chris scoffs slightly.

"They had the lead on the Emily Gillen serial murders. Now it looks like she may have had an accomplice. Geez, I thought you guys could have figured at least that one out on your own."

Chris looks over at Gary. "Let me know if you can work something out with the cops about the video feed. I'm going to take a look outside again."

Chris walks outside and heads over to that broken window. He takes a deep inhale on a cigarette as weary eyes start to go over the scene again...

http://sheetgen.dalines.net/wiki/WikiDiceRoller?hash=268fd81f

Seratone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Seryna on Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:00 am

"An accomplice?" The cop glances towards Gary before returning his gaze to Chris. "What a refreshing change for the FBI to keep us abreast of their investigations. Agent," The offficer once again addressed Gary.

"- if I could see your credentials, we can get moving on releasing the video. "

As Chris glanced around the window, he could see that the crime scene technicians had come and went. Shards of glass had not yet been swept, requiring him to stand about a foot from the window. He could see numbered cards set besides various spots on the grass outside of the window. Whatever evidence had been there had been carted away now.

He did note dark blood drops underneath the window sill. The blood looked discolored, darker than normal blood. It also seemed to have congealed with more substance than one would expect.

As Gary eyes the report, his phone buzzes.

Checking it, he sees a message from his team. 'Wood just called the police. Intruder at his house.'

Seryna

Back to top Go down

Post by Ulfsark on Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:36 am

Reaching into his pocket to flip out his badge, he feels a sense of monotony rushing over him. If only there was a way to have his badge tatooed on his forehead.

When the familiar buzzing of his phone sounds, he excuses himself slightly and looks at the text. A sudden pang of stress chocks him into sentience, as opposed to the half-awake daze he'd been in up to that point. "Mr. Williams, if you could watch that tape and do the final check-ups here, I need to go, something has... come up. Meet me at this adress when you're done." Gary scribbles down Wood's adress on a piece of paper and hands it Chris.

Heading out from the crimescene, Gary dries off a single pearl od sweat racing down his forehead.

God, hope i'm not too late

Ulfsark

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Seratone on Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:28 pm

Chris pauses to take a picture of the window, zooming in on the blood splotch he saw.

When he looks up, he sees the expression on Gary's face and immediately recognizes that something may be wrong.

"Wait is something going on?" He frowns, thinking quickly..

"Look, I know where this is. Come on I'll give yah a ride.. We can always come back for the video later."

Chris motions for Gary to follow him to rusty Ford automobile.

Seratone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Seryna on Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:56 pm

As the men hurry to the Woods house, they see two officers standing outside with Mr. Wood. The officers are young men, certainly not detectives.
Glancing at the house, you see the commanding Officer, Haulfield, that you had met at the earlier Gillen scene. What was he doing here? At the moment, he was examining the side porch, kneeling to study the wooden railing.

As you walk to the scene, the young officer standing with Wood explains.

"Mr. Wood returned from his mother's house at approximately 4 P.M.. As he headed into the kitchen, he saw someone through the window. When he moved to the back porch, he saw a blonde woman."

Wood stared past the officer at you, looking bewildered.
"I heard on the news that she was dead."

Seryna

Back to top Go down

Post by Seratone on Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:53 pm

Chris frowns a bit as he listens to the officer. A chill runs up his spine.,

"Well it had to be another blonde then, Emily was pronounced dead at the morgue, I saw the report with my own eyes."

"Chris looks over to Gary."

"You still got that DMV Photo of Emily? I'd show that to Mr. Woods just to verify."

"I had plenty of photos of the bitch, even a video. But those friggin DHS guys took everything. Wonder where they are right now huh?" He snickers.

Chris reaches into his trench coat pocket and pulls out his digital voice recorder, then looks over at Mr. Woods. "Mr. Wood, do you have any comment for the press? Did this woman look like anyone you've seen before?

Last edited by Seratone on Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:15 am; edited 1 time in total

Seratone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ulfsark on Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:03 am

Listening intensively to what the younger officer had to say, he nodded thoughtfully.

"Yeah Emily is dead." he confirms, but doesn't sound very convinced. His tone has a hint of 'As if that would matter' to it.

Gary searches through his jacket-pockets, and then finally finds the photo of Gillen. He heads over to David, and while trying to look as calm and comforting as possible, shows the photograph to him. "Is this the woman?"

Ulfsark

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Seryna on Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:04 am

"Of course I recognize her, you idiot." Wood snaps at Chris, glaring down at the microphone. "Its the bitch who killed my wife and my son."

There's raw emotion in his voice, grief and rage that seem tightly intermingled.

He glances at the picture that Gary offers. Revulsion and anger flare in his eyes, but he battles for composure.
"I know what I saw. Maybe someone screwed up and revived her. That could happen. My family dies and that bitch gets a second chance."

Mr. Wood is getting fired up now, adding swearing to his vocabulary as he waxes about the many evils of Emily Gillen.

Yet its the crackle of the nearby radio at the officer's hip that get your attention.

"B& E at Larson Apartments." A female dispatcher sounds. "Eyewitness claims suspect is an attractive blonde. She claims its the woman on the news, Gillen. Suspect witnessed accosting a female outside of the apartment and forcing her way inside the apartment."

Seryna

Back to top Go down

Post by Seratone on Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:21 am

Chris's eyes widen as he hears the Police Report come in over the radio. He shakes his head.

"Its got to be a copycat. People can't just come back from the dead, not after that many bullets."

Of course Chris had seen some weird things in his time.

Before he goes to jump in his car, Chris takes a quick picture of the DMV Photo of Emily with his cellphone..

He quickly uploads the picture to the Network Zero site with the following text message.

{Copycat Serial Killer on the loose. Be on the look out for anyone that looks like this. Last sited in the major Detroit area. Pictures and sightings, upload to my blog. C-Bloggert.net)

"We need to stay ahead of this. I think the Net might be able to help."

When he is done with the upload, he goes to get in his car. He will wait for Gary and offer to give him a ride.

Seratone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Seryna on Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:54 am

Chris gets a ping as he waits for Gary.

No copycat.
someone named Alice sends you a response to the thread.
I was the one who called the cops. Saw her down at the apartments myself.
Another poster, DAWNWAR, adds only brief message.

He got scooped on his own story.

As Chris processes this, he sees a new upload appear on his site from 'Alice'. Its a high resolution picture- clearly of Emily Gillen - shoving a dark haired woman through teh door to an apartment lobby.

A long razor glitters in Emily's hand, reflecting the light in the picture.

Took this four minutes ago. Alice comments.

Seryna

Back to top Go down

Post by Ulfsark on Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:43 am

Gary swears loudly and quickly excuses himself from his "conversation" with Mr. Woods. If this woman really had risen from the dead, it would probably take a little more than cuffs to keep her in sight.

He gets into Chris' car and tells him to step on it.

Ulfsark

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top