Motor City Burning
Welcome to Motor City Burning: World of Darkness online role playing game. Due to the graphic, predatory nature of the violence and adult activities Kindred, Hunters, and the Created take part in, we require all players to be 18 years of age or older. If you are at least 18 and would like to play with us, hit the "Register" key and come on in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Motor City Burning
Welcome to Motor City Burning: World of Darkness online role playing game. Due to the graphic, predatory nature of the violence and adult activities Kindred, Hunters, and the Created take part in, we require all players to be 18 years of age or older. If you are at least 18 and would like to play with us, hit the "Register" key and come on in!
Motor City Burning
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter One of Devastation: Arrival of Chris and Riley

3 posters

Go down

Chapter One of Devastation: Arrival of Chris and Riley Empty Chapter One of Devastation: Arrival of Chris and Riley

Post by Seryna Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:48 am

Chapter One of Devastation: Arrival of Chris and Riley

Storyteller: As Chris lights up and Riley ponders meeting the Professor with Liam, something unusual happens. Your eyes feel very heavy. Impossibly heavy, and itchy. You rub at them when you are overtaken by a wave of weariness. At two different locations at exactly the same time, Chris and Riley pitch forward and sprawl onto the ground... unconscious....

You open your eyes and stare up at an odd colored ceiling. Standing, you are surprised to find orange sand clinging to your clothes. With alarm, you realize that you are standing in a vast desert and a stranger- another man - is also just waking up with you. The sky over this field is a lambent green and casts a sickly hue over everything below it. Looking down, you are startled to see that there is no asphalt, sidewalk or any signs of city paved road. There is only dirt, the terrible caked dirt that has been baking under the sun for eons. It summons forth images of Death valley or the terrible wastelands featured on National geographic. It makes for great pictures on a yellow magazine, but just looking at it makes your mouth dry. In the distance, you can see the outline of the city you were just recently in, but it seems a thousand yards away or more. What's more, you aren't entirely sure that is the right city. The urban buildings are sun bleached...

Chris gets to his feet and blinks a few times, wiping a bead of sweat from his head. "He looks outside and his mouth drops,. Fear wells up inside. He looks at the other man. "Where am I?" he looks at the man. "And who are you?".

*He looks around in shock before focusing on Chris.* "I'm Riley. Who are you and where are we? Is this a dream?"

Storyteller: What's more, you aren't entirely sure that is the right city. The urban buildings all seem right- but since when did that bridge lead to a gaping, vast expanse of nowhere? Why do some of the taller buildings seem to have crumbled into odd Tetris like shapes? Most alarming, are those dark clouds from active fires in the city?

: "Realest dream I've ever had. Shit I just hope we aren't dead. Cause if we are, this don't look like Heaven to me." The man shudders a bit as he adjusts his trench coat and hat. "I'm Chris man. I was just getting my day started when everything went black and I woke up here."
"Me too actually. It makes me wonder if this is some sort of induced thing." *He wipes his glasses, places them back on and looks around. "Well, let's try to reason this out. I was in Detroit until I woke up here. How about you?"

[18:04:49 08/08/10] Seryna : As Chris listens, he begins to feel uncomfortably warm. The trench coat is a poor choice of wardrobe in the desrt. The heat beats down on you, warming you to an uncomfortable level. As you rub at a trickle of sweat running down your neck your eye catches on something. An impossibly tall ziggurat of black basalt. Each level is some 10 feet high and sheer and polished... Nothing like this exists in Detroit, you are certain. Of course, no deserts exist in Detroit. Yet as Chris stares at it, he realizes that one of those photographs that Alice had send featured that ziggaurut in the back ground. The photograph of the odd fertility goddess and the too - thin, small headed creatures - this had been in the background!

[18:05:46 08/08/10] Seratone : "Same here man. I'm from Detroit. I'd just gotten some weird photos from a contact. Actually, the photos and this place, they coincide man." Chris shudders. "Shit, maybe we are in hell."

[18:06:20 08/08/10] Seratone : Chris points out the black ziggaret. "You see that, that was in the photo man."

[18:07:11 08/08/10] Seratone : Chris takes off his trench coat, unable to withstand the heat.

[18:10:18 08/08/10] Rix : "What were they pictures of?"

[18:10:43 08/08/10] Rix : "Or, more accurately, why did you get those pictures?"

[18:13:30 08/08/10] Seryna : You hear the sound of movement on the couarse block of sand and caked dirt to your right. There stands a tall and slender female body with long legs and arms. It’s thin, perhaps alarmingly so, with a black leather face connected loosely to a weirdly short torso and eyes that bug out and shimmer in the sickly green light. Whatever it is, it moves toward you quickly, but before you can react, the gaunt creature says in perfect English, “What the hell are you doing here? What the hell are you doing here without a suit on? Jesus, are you insane?”

[18:15:50 08/08/10] Rix : *Riley's mouth drops.* "Possibly yes...."

[18:16:08 08/08/10] Seratone : Chris raises his hands alarmed. "Hey hey. We come in peace man! We're from planet Earth!"

[18:17:22 08/08/10] Seryna : "No shit, Sherlock." The woman's voice stated with scorn. "You're wearing Earth clothing and holding a trench coat, for Chrissakes."

[18:19:43 08/08/10] Seryna : The woman slips a hand up underneath her chin. With a popping noise, the shimmering bug eyes and the leather face slide back, hanging across her collarbone via a strap. A mask! Chris is doubly surprised for he recognizes the woman as one part of the arguing couple that night at the Doubletree hotel. The night that he'd met Liam and Dr. Hollandale face to face.

[18:21:05 08/08/10] Rix : "What the hell? That's some sort of containment suit??"

[18:21:13 08/08/10] Seratone : "Look man. I'm just a blogger from Detroit, and I have no idea how I got here."

[18:21:32 08/08/10] Seratone : Chris squints as he recognizes the perso, a weird look comes over his face.

[18:24:04 08/08/10] Seryna : "Yes, it is. Why the hell don't you have one on?" The woman srides closer to you. She reaches under her suit and pulls out a black device from the interior, pointing it at each of you in turn. "I guess you're one of the lucky ones." She stated finally, although she didn't sound happy at the fact. "You walked through a bubble, didn't you?"

[18:25:00 08/08/10] Rix : "Actually I think we more passed out in Detroit and found ourselves here. Where are we?"

[18:27:24 08/08/10] Seratone : "Bubble?" Chris sounds confused. He wipes some sweat. "Look if there's a way to get back home I'd appreciate it if you could show me as soon as possible."

[18:27:37 08/08/10] Seryna : "Jesus, you just passed out?." The woman states again, giving quick, furtive looks around. "It doesn't work like that! You're in an alternative geography. You haven't been seen by the Gray Skins? " She seems very concerned about you being seen...
[18:30:36 08/08/10] Seratone : "I don't think so." "Grey skins?" Chris puts two and two together and gets excited. "Look I think we should work together here. You help me get some evidence of extraterrestrial life and a ticket back home, and I guarantee you, I will find a way to get you half the royalties on my next book."

[18:33:55 08/08/10] Seryna : "Yeah, I can get you out. Just stick with me, no matter what happens." She gives Chris an odd look. "Royalties? What the hell are you talking about? These aren't aliens. *We're* the aliens here." She holds up the black device that looks like a tape recorder. She makes a scanning motion while holding down a red button. It emitted a quiet 'beep' every few seconds.

[18:35:22 08/08/10] Rix : *He looks between the two of them as if the world has become even more surreal than it had.* "Wait, you're talking about aliens? " *He pauses and shrugs* "Well, with ghosts and vampires, why not aliens too? So how do we get back?"

[18:36:13 08/08/10] Seratone : (gonna need to take a rain check. I'm loving this though) Smile

[18:36:22 08/08/10] Seratone : (you guys can keep going)

[18:36:35 08/08/10] Seryna : otion while holding down a red button. It emitted a quiet 'beep' every few seconds. "All right, the next bubble is in that city." She lifts her eye to the bleaches, smoking city. "We need to find the bubble inside of it to get you back home."

Seryna

http://shadowclaw.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Chapter One of Devastation: Arrival of Chris and Riley Empty Re: Chapter One of Devastation: Arrival of Chris and Riley

Post by Seratone Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:39 pm

Chris still seems bewildered by the whole situation. He wipes some more sweat from his hat.

"Alright, whatever you need from us. But, quick question. Why are you guys wearing containment suits? Am I going to die from radiation poisoning or something?"

He also checks his pockets to see if he has his camera or anything else on him.

Seratone

Back to top Go down

Chapter One of Devastation: Arrival of Chris and Riley Empty Re: Chapter One of Devastation: Arrival of Chris and Riley

Post by Seryna Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:31 pm

"We don't know." The woman answers Chris frankly. "I always wear suits until I can test for toxins, but we'll just hope that its safe. I've only just walked through."

Spoiler:

The woman slides her mask back on, giving her that frightening alien appearance. "Lets get you to the city." She states boldly.

Turning your attention to the city, your heart plummets. It could be thousands of yards away. It seems that far away.

The woman consults her black tape recorder again, pressing a button. "Found two adult males from Primary geography at appoximately 10:30." She states as though you are not beside her. She begins to walk at an easy pace towards the city.
"Males claim to have fallen asleep and to have woken up in alternative geopgraphy. This is unrecorded and undocumented form of entry. Please advise. Is it possible that they are working with Entemen? Inform Entemen that he has my notes; he shouldn't send unquailified people into the field..."

You have been listening to her for a moment when you beome aware of another noise. The sound of an car engine. Tuning your head, you spot two battered Jeeps navigating the desert. They are heading straight for you.

Seryna

Back to top Go down

Post by Seratone Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:00 pm

Chris uses the time to take a few pictures of the sorrounding landscape. He was about to ask another question when he spots the Jeeps approaching.

"Hey, are those friends or foes approaching?"

He takes a moment to look for any nearby cover to conceal himself.

http://sheetgen.dalines.net/wiki/WikiDiceRoller?hash=263ac27a

Seratone

Back to top Go down

Post by Seryna Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:08 pm

"I don't know. " The woman pauses her recording, turning around. "Earth vehicles present. Visible decay suggests that it is an older model. Re - purposed? Are there means of machinery manufacturing? Must investigate."

Chris, for all of his efforts, soon realized that they were in a desert. The sand that surrounded him made only small dunes, not very promising for efforts to hide or flee. And where could he flee to? There was only more desert and the city thousand of yards away.

The vehicles were now close enough to see people hanging off of the rear of the vehicle. These people wore desert garb, clothes that shielded their faces and bodies from the sun. You could not be certain of their gender. What you were certain of is that the four beings standing in the Jeep all held weapons in their hands.
You counted a .45, a long sharp piece of wood, something that looked like a scythe and a small dagger that glittered in the sun.

Seryna

Back to top Go down

Post by Seratone Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:12 pm

Shit, they've got weapons on them. But they look human at least."

Chris gulps slightly.

There wasn't much he could do now but hope for the best.

Seratone

Back to top Go down

Post by Seryna Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:30 pm

The vehicles reached you, coughing sand at your feet. The first vehicle shot past you, whipping around to park between you and the city. The second vehicle came to a stop amid a slew of yells.

Four of the beings - the four wielding weapons- leap from the Jeep onto the sandy desert.

"Get it!" Someone yells.
"Blessed be, throat drinker!" Comes a second yell - followed by a darting attack towards the suit - wearing woman.

The woman evades the four weapon wielding people, whose yells take on a fervent pitch.
"Don't let it reach Ol' Detroit!"
"Kill it!"

The woman panics, trying to dart around the four who do their best to shepherd her towards their comrades in arms.

Seryna

Back to top Go down

Post by Rix Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:24 pm

*As Riley processes all of this information, the arrival of the four new people really give him a jolt. He looks at them carefully, before looking at the woman.* "Throat drinker? Like a vampire? Do they mean you?"

Rix

Back to top Go down

Post by Seratone Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:53 pm

Chris freezes, putting his hands in the air to show that he doesn't have a weapon.

"Wait, wait, hold up! NOBODY NEEDS TO KILL ANYONE. WE'RE ALL FRIENDS HERE."

http://sheetgen.dalines.net/wiki/WikiDiceRoller?hash=f34ef1ad

Seratone

Back to top Go down

Post by Seryna Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:00 am

The woman, who was actively sprinting away from her four pursuers in the direction away from the Jeeps, gave no indication that she had heard Riley. The four continue to shout terrible ideas as they pursue the woman in her containment suit.

"Get those shiny demon eyes!" One man shouts. "Gorge them out!"

You watch with alarm as the five figures streak off over the rolling dunes, leaving a trail of foot steps.

As you stare after them, the driver's side door of the closest Jeep swings open.

"You O.K.?" The expressionless, desert wrapped driver calls out to you. "Did it attack you?"

Seryna

Back to top Go down

Post by Rix Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:06 am

"Um, no, it didn't. Yet. What the hell was that all about?"

Rix

Back to top Go down

Post by Seryna Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:14 am

The driver turned and made a flipping motion at his head, flipping down a pair of black sun goggles.

"They're getting closer and closer to the city, man! Got to run them off! " He - his voice sounds masculine, at least - strides closer to you. He evaluates your neck carefully, getting much too close for comfort. He then swings his gaze towards Chris, just as suspicious.

Seryna

Back to top Go down

Post by Seratone Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:25 am

Chris seemed relieved that the people were more interested in talk then murder at the moment, but he was still alarmed at what had happened.

"Look man, those were people in containment suits. They're not monsters, or aliens, they're people. You need to call your people off before someone gets hurt!"

Seratone

Back to top Go down

Post by Seryna Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:44 am

The lone man turned and glanced at the empty desert where the four weapon wielding people had chased off the only person who seemed to know how to get you back.

"Bet they caught it by now." He stated flatly. "Then we'll know. So, you don't need that ride?"

Seryna

Back to top Go down

Post by Seratone Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:29 pm

Chris frowns a bit. A bead of sweat drips down his forehead.

"Yeah we could definitely use a ride, but that lady that your friends chased off was our guide. She's the only one that knows how to get us home."

"So how about we just wait for your friends to come back. Then we'll get this all sorted out."

Chris looks around again. "So...you said this is Detroit? What the hell happened here?"

Seratone

Back to top Go down

Post by Seryna Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:29 am

"This is the Wastelands." The man gestured expansively by opening his arms, indicating the desert that you are standing in. He turns and points to the city thousands of yards away.

"There's ol' Detroit. Something new happen there?" He frowns. "The revolution basically ruined the city structure thirty years back, but its been rebuilding. Last I went through there- 'bout two months ago- there was a big vampire problem. Thought we were doing you a favor."

The desert vomited out the would be killers as the four trudge back, a defeated slump in thier shoulders.
"The vampire vanished." They declares.
"Well, good, these people say she wasn't a vampire. So, you need a ride or what? Burnin' daylight."

Seryna

Back to top Go down

Post by Rix Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:58 am

*Riley nods eagerly.* "We'd absolutely appreciate a ride. Thank you."

Rix

Back to top Go down

Post by Seratone Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:08 pm

Chris frets a little bit when the woman doesnt come back. "Shit." he mutters

He looks back at the driver. "Alright, let's get going then."

Seratone

Back to top Go down

Post by Seryna Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:13 pm

"Load up." The driver gave a half shout that seemed to mobilize the men. They scramble into positions in the two Jeeps, leaving you with a half seat apiece to squeee into, half hanging out of a the frame work.

As the cars jump to life and you begin the trek, you can't help but appreciate the boost in speed. It would have taken you hours to trek to the city far in the distance. The men are close mouthed around you, wrapping thier faces against the blowing sand. You only wish you could do the same, but lifting your shirt at least helps prevent most of the sand from winding up in your face. What you wouldn't do for a bottle of water right now.

After what seems like forever, the Jeeps slow down. You hear the driver shouting a greeting. Peeking over your shirt, you spy a mammoth wooden gate, reinforced in places with metal. The reinforment looked half - completed, but the gate was easily fifteen feet tall. Raising your eyes, you recognize the bleached buildings behind the way. You have arrived at ol' Detroit.

The man continues to shout to an unseen man- after a moment, you spy a rifle peering down at you from a high, narrow wooden box by the top of the gate. It reminds you a bit of medeval times and castles...

The driver aparently says the right thing and the gate slowly creaks open, just enough for the Jeeps to narrowly drive through. Within, you are startled. Gone are paved streets and numerous buildings and offices. The city itself seems small, squashed. You are staring at a row of merchant booths, at least sixteen wide and three deep. You can hear haggling going on within. Past the merchats, you spy a barricade that seems to separate this entrance area from the rest of the city. You can not spy any openings in the barricade.

Along the far wall nearest to the exterior, you see a cluster of tents. Some people sit on boxes outside of the tents, cooking over barrel fires or packing up thier gear. By the tents, you spy a few buildings that still seem functional, if severely deteroriated.

Seryna

Back to top Go down

Post by Seryna Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:11 pm

Seryna

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down