Motor City Burning
Welcome to Motor City Burning: World of Darkness online role playing game. Due to the graphic, predatory nature of the violence and adult activities Kindred, Hunters, and the Created take part in, we require all players to be 18 years of age or older. If you are at least 18 and would like to play with us, hit the "Register" key and come on in!

Detour: Attn Cobrawax, Rix, Aeon, Dean

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Re: Detour: Attn Cobrawax, Rix, Aeon, Dean

Post by Rix on Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:46 am

*He nods.* "Let's go." *And he starts heading out to the riverbed.*

Rix

Posts : 28
Points : 28
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-07-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Detour: Attn Cobrawax, Rix, Aeon, Dean

Post by cobrawax on Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:06 am

Liam shrugs. "Alright. It's not like I've got anything better to do." He follows Riley.
avatar
cobrawax

Posts : 241
Points : 250
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-06-30
Age : 27
Location : America

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Detour: Attn Cobrawax, Rix, Aeon, Dean

Post by Seryna on Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:10 am

As you move along the riverbed, you soon notice that the woods around you change. Instead of the thick, live deciduous trees that surround the town of Whispering Falls, the trees here are thin scarecrows. They are spaced so close together that you are forced to step and climb around them unless you brave the muddy, rocky riverbed itself.

It's hard work and takes you much longer than you imagined. The sun sinks steadily across the sky as you trudge on. You finally catch sight of a cabin fifty feet away from the riverbed.


The cabin appears to have been abandoned for many years and is in a state of disrepair. Hopefully, the cabin's interior- and the papers- haven't been too badly damaged! What do you do?

Seryna

Posts : 805
Points : 959
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2009-04-26
Age : 34
Location : California

View user profile http://shadowclaw.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Detour: Attn Cobrawax, Rix, Aeon, Dean

Post by cobrawax on Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:21 am

Liam decides to go through the trees instead of the muddy riverbed. He tries to see if there are any signs of life in the cabin.
avatar
cobrawax

Posts : 241
Points : 250
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-06-30
Age : 27
Location : America

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Detour: Attn Cobrawax, Rix, Aeon, Dean

Post by Rix on Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:04 am

*Like Liam, Riley avoids the riverbed and goes through the trees instead. Once at the cabin, he looks into any windows to see if anything is there.*

Rix

Posts : 28
Points : 28
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-07-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Detour: Attn Cobrawax, Rix, Aeon, Dean

Post by Seryna on Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:17 am

Within the cabin, there is no movement. Dry leaves are strewn across the main room visible through the windows. You surmise that they have entered through the windows themselves, which have shattered and sprinkles shattered glass around the windows.

Seryna

Posts : 805
Points : 959
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2009-04-26
Age : 34
Location : California

View user profile http://shadowclaw.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Detour: Attn Cobrawax, Rix, Aeon, Dean

Post by cobrawax on Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:31 am

Liam turns to Riley. ""Well, it looks safe enough." Liam enters the cabin, trying to avoid any broken glass.
avatar
cobrawax

Posts : 241
Points : 250
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-06-30
Age : 27
Location : America

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Detour: Attn Cobrawax, Rix, Aeon, Dean

Post by Seryna on Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:39 am

Entering through the room was difficult for the large man, but he managed, barely avoiding catching his elbow on the glass still in the window frame. Glancing around, he could see that the cabin was one main room with two doors facing him- likely a closet and a bedroom, based on the dimensions he'd seen from the exterior of the cabin.

At his feet lie several pieces of faded, yellowed paper. Leaves and dirt are generously positioned around them. You can only hope that these papers are still legible.

Seryna

Posts : 805
Points : 959
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2009-04-26
Age : 34
Location : California

View user profile http://shadowclaw.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Detour: Attn Cobrawax, Rix, Aeon, Dean

Post by cobrawax on Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:47 am

"Hey Professor, come take a look at these." Liam picks up all the yellow papers and flips through them. "Hope the writing isn't all faded."
avatar
cobrawax

Posts : 241
Points : 250
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-06-30
Age : 27
Location : America

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Detour: Attn Cobrawax, Rix, Aeon, Dean

Post by Migs on Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:54 am

George follows the two men into the cabin and waits by the entrance. He diligently watches the woods for anyone or anything to come near the cabin.

'Find anything good?" George asks half halfheartedly.

He wonders if coming back here was a good idea, but he did save the little girl. "That was good." He thought to himself. As the two looked over the papers his mind went to the little boy. "I should have asked if he was ok, when I was at Mrs. Curry's Place."

Migs

Posts : 22
Points : 32
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-07-16
Age : 38
Location : San Antonio, Tx

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Detour: Attn Cobrawax, Rix, Aeon, Dean

Post by AeonThePhoenix on Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:23 am

Mike kept watch through the windows of the cabin, keeping an eye out for the Wild.

AeonThePhoenix

Posts : 14
Points : 14
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-06-30
Age : 33

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Detour: Attn Cobrawax, Rix, Aeon, Dean

Post by Seryna on Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:23 pm

The papers were yellowed from age. At least half a dozen of them were far too water damaged to read; they crumpled into wet pulp in your hands.

Yet those cushioned within seemed to have some lettering that survived. The style of writing was a choppy, print block lettering in short, awkward sentences. Schooling in Whispering Falls was clearly subpar.

"Too many outside influences enter town every day.." You pick out. ".. soon our children will all dress like those harlots. We must preserve our way of life! " This talk went on for another page until you came to something interesting.

"I have spoken to Elder Edward Blaum. He shares my sentiments - and confided that his cousin who lives in the cabin on the outskirts of town has been discussing this very thing with him.
On traveling to meet with Edward's cousin, Franklin, I viewed very odd things in the trees. In the shadows, there appeared to be... things. I convinced myself that it was my imagination, but after speaking to Franklin, I am not certain. Franklin has explained to me that he has prayed to the Lord every day for a way to preserve our God fearing way of life. He says that the Lord spoke to him in a dream and told him how to protect the town."

Several paragraphs go on about Bible parables and comparisons, but you manage to pick up something after a few minutes of skimming.

"He has shared with me the secret writing that the Lord had confided to him. He confides that he has used this writing about his land; and it was these things that I glimpsed in the trees. I am not certain these things looked like creatures that were ever borne from a normal critter, so perhaps he is right.

I will take the writing to my cabin and study it awhile. I am certain that if I place it around a map of the town; that the town will be as protected as old Franklin's place..."

The writing becomes far too damaged from there on. Yet you glimpse 'Soul for a soul'... 'in case the need ever arises to leave the town...' and 'for the good of the locals, they shall always be protected...'

Seryna

Posts : 805
Points : 959
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2009-04-26
Age : 34
Location : California

View user profile http://shadowclaw.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Detour: Attn Cobrawax, Rix, Aeon, Dean

Post by cobrawax on Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:42 pm

Liam reads what he can see in the papers out loud. "Well, I'm guessing the spirit was the one who told this Franklin guy how to 'protect' the town. A map of the town might have been involved in this process, but I'm not sure." Liam analyzes at the paper to see if anything in it sounded familiar to him. (Rolled Wits + Occult) http://sheetgen.dalines.net/wiki/WikiDiceRoller?hash=d00d2d44
avatar
cobrawax

Posts : 241
Points : 250
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-06-30
Age : 27
Location : America

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Detour: Attn Cobrawax, Rix, Aeon, Dean

Post by Rix on Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:39 am

*Following Liam into the cabin, Riley adjusts his glasses as he reads over Liam's shoulder as he reads.* "I think the most important thing would be finding this map of the town. Maybe the destruction of the writing will allow an opening somewhere..." *He begins to look through the rest of the cabin and writings for the map.*

Rix

Posts : 28
Points : 28
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-07-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Detour: Attn Cobrawax, Rix, Aeon, Dean

Post by Migs on Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:07 am

George listens to Liam as he reads aloud. Trying to take the information in as he still keeps watch on the woods.

"Alright we need to find the map and destroy it." George speaking mainly to himself. "So now we know what to do. Find and destroy the map. Now all we need to do if find your friend."

Migs

Posts : 22
Points : 32
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-07-16
Age : 38
Location : San Antonio, Tx

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Detour: Attn Cobrawax, Rix, Aeon, Dean

Post by cobrawax on Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:12 am

"You could try looking around here for the map, but I didn't see it. Not sure what to do about Chrissy." said Liam solemnly as he looked over the papers.
avatar
cobrawax

Posts : 241
Points : 250
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-06-30
Age : 27
Location : America

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Detour: Attn Cobrawax, Rix, Aeon, Dean

Post by Seryna on Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:03 am

[Any one looking for the map, give me an investigation + wits roll, please. ]

Seryna

Posts : 805
Points : 959
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2009-04-26
Age : 34
Location : California

View user profile http://shadowclaw.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Detour: Attn Cobrawax, Rix, Aeon, Dean

Post by Rix on Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:36 am


2010-07-23 02:36:23 Riley rolled 6 dice to "Investigation + Wits" 8,6,1,4,8,2 (2 successes)

Rix

Posts : 28
Points : 28
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-07-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Detour: Attn Cobrawax, Rix, Aeon, Dean

Post by Seryna on Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:22 am

[Going to prettify this sometime tonight. ]
As Liam reads through the account, his attention was captured by a key point. 'I will take the writing to my cabin and study it awhile. I am certain that if I place it around a map of the town; that the town will be as protected as old Franklin's place..."' He referenced back to the initial comments about 'creatures in the rtees' that ol Judah had observed. Liam deducted that the curse that kept the townspeople in the town directly created and affected these 'creatures in the trees'.

As the Professor investigated for a town map, he could not find one in the main room. Picking his way past the debris and dried leaves he moved into the bed room. As he glanced about, he could see that anything of use had been stripped away. The bedding was stripped, even the mattress was gone. Dirt outlines showed where furniture had once stood although now it had been carried away somewhere. Turning his head, Riley spotted an odd writing beside the wooden bed frame. Standing beside it, you can see a half circle winding out from the wooden bed frame. There is clearly some design obscurred by the bed frame. Moving it could show what was drawn onto the floor...
[17:01:54] cobrawax : Liam sets downs the papers and takes a look at the thing at the bed frame.

[17:02:19] Migs : George still stands next to the doorway to the cabin, keeping an eye out for anything in the woods coming near the cabin.

[17:02:22 23/07/10] cobrawax : Liam rolled 3 dice to "Investigation" 10,9,5,7 (2 successes

[17:06:54 23/07/10] Seryna : [Cobra, are you moving the bed frame?]

[17:08:59 23/07/10] cobrawax : (Yeah)

[17:10:44 23/07/10] Nil : (I reckon probably wait for a post before rolling initiative now? >.> (Hogan thread) )

[17:12:12 23/07/10] Seryna : As Liam shifted the bed, the men could see that a large circle had been drawn with chalk onto the wooden baords of the floor. You can imagine ol' Judah on his hands an knees sketching this out. The entire outer circle has two double lines. In between the lines are a strange language that you do not recognize... Within the circle is a hand drawn representation of the town- Mrs. Currys house and the gas station are clearly recognizaeble, but someof the other houses see fuzzy. Around the cabin in the woods- this cabin?- there is a single square around. A new symbol is sketched above it- a different symbol that looked like a door...

[17:12:23 23/07/10] Seryna : [Yes nil, im typing to that now]

[17:16:47 23/07/10] Seryna : [posted nil]

[17:16:52 23/07/10] cobrawax : "Hey, I found the map." exclaims Liam "It's in chalk, so uh, do we use a damp cloth or what?"

[17:17:03 23/07/10] Seryna : [and thats all thats in that post for whispering falls]

[17:17:10 23/07/10] Seryna : [awesome, yous aw that. ]

[17:19:21 23/07/10] Migs : George looks back and walks over to Liam and hands him his rag. "Use this, I guess its better than nothing." He looks back to the doorway. "You think this is really going to work." He said in an unsure tone.

[17:20:29 23/07/10] cobrawax : Liam tries rubbing out the strange writting with the rag.

[17:21:42 23/07/10] cobrawax : "We won't know until we try it."

[17:22:14 23/07/10] Migs : George shakes his head. "I mean, this seems a little too easy you know."

[17:26:40 23/07/10] Seryna : As Liam erases the map, a cold feeling sinks over you. Lifting your eyes you can see a pale grey color rising up from the map that is vanishing under Liam's scrubbing. The shadowy grey wisps soon form above the map, forming the shape of a man's bust. The appearance is filmy ad you can clearly see the wall behind the man through him. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" The new being shouts in a loud, terrifying voice.

[17:28:48 23/07/10] Migs : George stumbles back from the voice and partially covers his face with his hand but continues to look at the visage. "We are freeing ourselves and the people here." George almost yells back. Not really sure how he should talk to this thing.

[17:29:42 23/07/10] cobrawax : Liam starts scrubbing furiously. "What the hell is that thing?" he asked himself.

[17:30:46 23/07/10] cobrawax : Liam rolled 4 dice to "Occult" 5,6,1,9 (1 successes) (Figured it couldn't hurt.)

[17:31:04 23/07/10] Seryna : "Free?" The being hovers over Liam's head, appearing distressed as he scrubs. "Stop it! Stop it! This protects the town!'

[17:31:51 23/07/10] cobrawax : Liam stops scrubbing for a second. "From what?"

[17:32:15 23/07/10] Migs : "Scrub faster!" He says in an almost high pitched voice.

[17:32:23 23/07/10] Seryna : "From- the terrible outside influences. The sin, the harlot, the rock and roll that would corrupt our children!"

[17:33:03 23/07/10] cobrawax : "Oh sht!" Liam starts scrubbing as fast as his stubby little arms would lt him.

[17:33:21 23/07/10] Seryna : Liam grasps from the beings' age and proximity, that this is some sort of representation of ol' Judah. A warding, signal... or even perhaps a bit of his spirit left behind?

[17:33:32 23/07/10] cobrawax : (lt=let)

[17:35:11 23/07/10] cobrawax : "Sorry Judah," says Liam under his breath. "But we have a mission."

[17:36:21 23/07/10] Migs : "George takes off his work shirt and begins to scrub the floor with it, hoping to get it done faster.

[17:38:20 23/07/10] Seryna : "Stop!" The man bellows. He begins to fade from sight as more and more of the map begins to melt in the wet rag. As he slowly fades, his face grimances with anger. He turns his attention to Liam, giving him a terrible look infused with supernatural power....

[17:41:50 23/07/10] Seryna : As he glares at Liam, a terrible, supernatural attack slowly drains from Liam, causing him a terrible, soul wrenching pain!

[17:41:58 23/07/10] Seryna : [Drain: 1 health point]

[17:42:02 23/07/10] Seryna : [Your turn!}

[17:42:28 23/07/10] Seryna : [the map is about 90% destroyed, another scrub would likely detrsoy i]

[17:42:39 23/07/10] cobrawax : Liam screamed is agony. "Rub faster! Rub faster goddammit!"

[17:43:03 23/07/10] cobrawax : (is+in)

[17:43:56 23/07/10] Migs : "I'm trying!" George yells back as he scrubs as fast as he can.

[17:45:51 23/07/10] Seryna : George's furious scrubbing soon dissolves the last of the town map. You look up- and see that whoever the head was, it has vanished. You also see with alarm that the last of the sunshine has departed. Pitch black fills the windows and seeps around you. The room has filled with long, dark shadows...

[17:47:43 23/07/10] cobrawax : "That can't be good."said Liam nervously

[17:48:02 23/07/10] Migs : "Oh shit." George says as he slowly stands up, hoping to see a lamp or flashlight.

[17:48:26 23/07/10] Seryna : [give me an wits inves - 1 for looking for light]

[17:51:23 23/07/10] Seryna : "Oh, why did you do that?" The man whispers, sounding as though he's right behind you. Whirling, you see nothing but the darkness. He could be standing three feet in front of you, hidden in the dark... "You're doomed the town!" Anger, deep seething anger makes the words cut like razors.

[17:51:52 23/07/10] Migs : George Sanders rolled 3 dice to "Search for light" 8,10,10,4,3 (3 successes)

[17:51:57 23/07/10] Seryna : Liam suddenly is surrounded by light, flashing razors that appeared from nowhere, slicing at his tender exposed flesh...

[17:52:02 23/07/10] Seryna : Judah's ghost rolled 3 dice to "Agonize" 8,2,8 (2 successes)

[17:52:03 23/07/10] Migs : http://sheetgen.dalines.net/wiki/WikiDiceRoller?hash=1a5c4765

[17:53:02 23/07/10] Seryna : Stumbling around in the dark, George manages to fumble into an old chest that had been left behind. Something rolls off of the top of the chest, falling down onto his foot. Feeling for it, george discovers a flash light.

[17:53:11 23/07/10] Seryna : [2 bash damage to liam]

[17:53:53 23/07/10] cobrawax : "Fuck! Let's get out of here!" Liam uses the light from he cell phone to find his way out of the cabin. Liam runs to the town.



[17:55:45 23/07/10] Migs : George grabs the flashlight in his left hand and turns it on. "Hey! Where are you?" George says as he looks for Liam.

[17:57:54 23/07/10] cobrawax : "I'm getting the hell out of here." shouts Liam. "Maybe finding a Doctor. I don't know what that fucker did to me, but it hurts really fucking bad."

George spots Liam's light from his cell phone and foloows after him.

The two men flee the cabin, stumbling around in the dark. With the feeble light, Liam stumbles and trips through the woods, ending up with several scrapes. The men feel as though they have walked forever by the time they pass the gas station and start heading into town. They have -hopefully- destroyed the curse! Yet Liam feels terrible, plagued by internal pains. Dr. Hollandale is stil missing, has been now for hours...

"Listen when we get to town don't let the townsfolk know that we fucked over Judah's map thing untill we find out where your friend is." George says as he runs after Liam catching up to him.



"Good idea." said Liam as he staggered towards the town.
George lights up a cigarette and offers one to Liam. "Yeah, I am maybe thinking pretending to do that bargain thing they are taling about if they wont tell us were your friend is in turn for your friend."

"Dumb ass pudunk shithead." George says with the cigarette between his teeth.

As you enter the town, you alarmed to see that the houses are all darkened. There is no sign of any one around. Have the townspeople all buttoned down for the night? Is Hollandale helf within one of these houses, being forced to accept a bargain? Will any bargain now hold no weight?

George looks to Liam. "Wanna start at Mrs. Curry's place?"

Liam scratches his head. "I think she might know were she is, seeing as her Granddaughter had Chrissy's watch, but for that same reason, I doubt they would be willing to tell us."

"Sounds like a start. Lead the way." George says as he takes a drag from his smoke.
George reachs behind him and puts the gun that is tucked in the back of his pants to the front.

As you head towards the largest house in the town, you can see that there is a flickering light behind the heavy dark drapes that obscure most of the window.

"What are you suggesting?" asked Liam nervously.




"I really don't know man. I kind of make this crap up as I go." George says as he spots the light in the window. "Hey look." George points to the window and then takes the final drag from his smoke. "Wanna check it out?"

Liam shrugged. "Alright. Just don't pull anything too crazy."



George walks up to the door of the house and checks to see if it is locked.

The door knob turns easily in his hand. Within, the long, dark shadows are punctuated by a single flickering candle stick in a wooden hand carved candle holder set on a nearby end table. There is no one in immediate eye sight.

Seryna

Posts : 805
Points : 959
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2009-04-26
Age : 34
Location : California

View user profile http://shadowclaw.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Detour: Attn Cobrawax, Rix, Aeon, Dean

Post by Seryna on Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:23 am

The door opens into a small entry way. the table where Liam and his friends had dined earlier has been cleared away. the kitchen stands empty. as you flash the light around, you catch a small girl coming down the stair way. Mrs. Curry's grand daughter stares at you with wide open eyes.

"Where's Mrs. Curry and the others?" George says to the little girl.

"Nana's sleeping." The little girl replies. "What's that?" She lifts a quivering finger to point at your flash light.

Liam walks in. "That's no the important part. Have you seen a woman who was dressed like she wasn't from around here?"

"You mean the woman with the shiny watch." The little girl replies, her eyes lighting up. "I told Nana that that mean ol man had been fighting with her! Nana says the boys can't find the pretty lady. But Nana forgets that I followed the old man..."


"Where did you follow that mean ol man to darling?" George asks.

"But Nana says its not good to spy on people. The town doesn't let us hurt each other, and that means stealing peoples' bargains!"

"Well that isn't good at all is it? How about if you help us and tell us where this guy friend is, well help you and the rest of the towns people stop the mean man from stealing bargains."



The little girl looks between you dubiously. She bites her bottom lip, considering the decision with great thought. "I guess thats O.K. Nana says its wrong to force the bargain and I know Petey says ol' Rob tried that with Alyssa..."

George nods his head. "Thank you darling. So where is Alyssa?"

Liam leans over to Georrge. "She's dead." he whispers

"Oh.." George says softy. He then looks back at the little girl. "Never mind about Alyssa then, where is this man man?"

"I dunno where Alyssa is. She must be sleeping at the Talbots." The little girl replies. "He didn't get Ayssa's bargain anyway, Mss. Cobbs did. But ol' Rob took the pretty lady towards the woods." she leans in and whispers. "Petey and I found an old shed out there last week that looks like someone was poking at it, fixing it up."



"Can you show us where it is?"

"No." The little girl shook her head fearfully." Can't go into the woods at night!"

"Oh right. Could you tell us then?" asked Liam



"Yeah..." The little girl nodded, her eyes drawn to George's flash light. "That will be good there, yes itw ill." She affirms. "You walk towards the gas station. Just when it comes into sight, you go to the woods at the left- its only about ten feet in. It's sort of hidden behind these old boards."

"Thanks darling." George says and heads back out of the house. Before he heads of to the gas station he looks into the house one last time and says, "Get some sleep little one. Its late."


George walks in the direction of the gas station.

Liam follows George to the gas station and closes the door behind him.

"You still got that peice on you?" George asks as he walks waiting for the gas station to come into sight.
The little girl bites her lip, looking back at George somberly but does not reply. As george heads off towards the gas station, the shadows are long and oddly formed. Twice, you swear that they seem to move in the corner of your eye. When you look, a tree branch simply waves gently in the light evening breeze. Within a few moments, the gas station comes into sight. Turning your head, you can see that the woods appear dark and formidible. Soft sounds sigh fromwithin, the crack of underbrush rustling and small nocturnal animals scampering about. Could ol' Rob be within, awaiting you?


A small shiver goes down George's spine as he remember the monster that chased him earlier. "I really don't like the feeling of this." He says while pulling his gun into his right hand. He looks over to Liam and then back to the woods. "I'm ready when you are."

"Once we get her, we can finally get out of here." Liam walks towards where the cabin is supposed to be.

*It had been a rough time on the Professor after they had found the markings in the cabin, and it certainly wasn't going to get any better once he had caught up with Liam and George, going with them back into the woods. *


Liam rolled 1 dice to "Survival" 4 (0 successes)

As Liam moves about the woods, he finds that his cell phone light is easily swallowed by the dark shadows that seem to stretch and move around him. He quickly loses sight of the road and even the others become dim, shadowy shapes that quickly fall behind him. Finding his way back to the road would be difficult, but he's fairly certain he is looking in the right direction.

George Sanders rolled 2 dice to "wits + survival" 6,2 (0 successes)

George has no more luck than Liam, although he at least manages to come to a stop beside Liam as they attempt to contemplate where this shed could be...

George scratches his head and looks over to Liam. "This is going to be a bitch."

Rix : 2010-07-24 04:13:27 Riley rolled 4 dice to "Wits + Survival" 8,9,3,8 (3 successes)


Riley manages to pick his way through several short, skinny trees. He stumbles onto a goat path of sorts, a path that has slowly trampled down the underbrush. Following it leads deeper into the shadows. Overhead, small skittering noises sound. If you glance, you can catch sight of small, yellow eyes moving in the branches above you before the creatures scamper further into the woods. The path soon leads to a poorly constructed shed. The shed is poorly constructed, with a sloping roof and a small doorway that is hardly more than a few boards nailed together and hung on a rickety hinge. A glance proves that Liam's broad shoulders and larger frame will not be able to squeeze through the narrow doorway.



The shed is poorly constructed, with a sloping roof and a small doorway that is hardly more than a few boards nailed together and hung on a rickety hinge. A glance proves that Liam's broad shoulders and larger frame will not be able to squeeze through the narrow doorway.

The interior of the small shed rises up at you with a terrible scent of cloying, dried blood and sweat. The feeble light first shines straight ahead at what appears to be some wrought iron fencing that has been nailed to the sloping cieling of the shed. A ratty, worried rope has been looped around the wrought iron and trails down to behind Dr. Hollandale, presumably tying onto the metal hand cuffs that you have heard but have not seen.

The doctor herself is barely recognizable. Her blond hair that has always been coiffed so nicely is clumbed with sweat and dried blood, hanging down across her face. She hangs her head, but can not hide the ugly red marks that stretch across the pale skin of her face.

Her shirt has been removed and her pale pink bra is stained with blood. Small, shallow cuts line her collar bone. Larger, longer red lines of dried scabs line the area above her jeans. Blood streams have dried along her pale skin, suggestive that no aid or movement has been availiable to her for hours.

http://sheetgen.dalines.net/wiki/WikiDiceRoller?hash=1369bd89

George uses the clip thingy to pick the cuffs after the cufs are removed he looks about the small shack. "What a sick fuck." George says to himself and then helps the lady up and outside the shed.

The doctor moves in slow, jerky motions. Her feet seem to have fallen asleep and after a few moments to exit the shed, she loses her balance and falls onto the forrest floor. She rubs her arms for a moment before tentatively feeling the cuts on her skin, shuddering.

George helps the doctor back up and places one of her arms over his shoulder. He looks at Riley and Liam. "Head back to the gas station?"

Liam nods. "Let's get the hell out of here."


She stirs with George's assitance immediately, clinging to him for balance. She is trembling and has her head lowered, not looking any one in the eye.

"Agreed." *As he looks at Dr. Hollandale with deep concern. Glancing back, he closes the door to the shed.*

George heads off in the direction to the gas station.

The path back to the gas station seems to take awhile, but soon the glittering cars are visible where they had come to rest what seems like ages ago. Presumably- you have lifted the curse and confronted ol' Judah. Liam still feels the terrible affects of confronting a supernatural so old. The doctor has not spoken, clinging to George with a strong grip born of desperation. She has not met him before; yet seems to trust his presence with her friends. She hides her face, gesturing hurriedly towards her Lexus.

George helps her to the Lexus. "You got your keys?" He speaks to the woman.

"I can drive." *riley offers, glancing back at the woods.*

George nods. "Open one of the doors so I can help her in."

Her fingers move stiffly at the pocket of her jeans. After a moment, she fishes them out, offering them to the professor wordlessly. her fingers are pale and nearly bloodless, only now blossoming with circulation.
[19:55:20] Seryna : [roll wits + composure please, everyone]

Liam rolled 4 dice to "Perception" 10,8,10,2,4,10,10,10,8 (7 successes)



George Sanders rolled 5 dice to "wits + composure" 1,4,1,8,7 (1 successes)

http://sheetgen.dalines.net/wiki/WikiDiceRoller?hash=942d7314

2010-07-24 04:57:51 Riley rolled 5 dice to "Wits + compsure" 5,1,5,10,7,6 (1 successes)

Riley and George become aware of the sound of rustling underbrush from the woods directly beside the gas station. Glancing over, Liam is startled to see a large, beefy man glaring out at the gathering by the cars from the wood line. He is striding forward towards you, his face flush with anger. In his left hand, he clutches a hatchet. the blade is darkened by a dark substance that you fear is blood. A movement in the trees behind him suggest that others may soon be on his heels...

"Open the door!" George yells.


"A bunch of guys are coming. We need to get the fuck out of here fast."Liam gets in the back of Doc's Lexus.



*Riley grabs the keys from Dr. Hollandale once Liam makes that statement.* "Get her in and let's get out of here now then!"

"George helps the lady inside the car and closes the door, he slams his hand on the roof of the car and yells "Go, go!" He reaches into his pocket for his keys to his car and pulls the gun out of his pants while heading to his own car.

"Where you boys think you goin'?" A man yells from the dark. Other voices rise up from the woods, sounding as though several have you surrounded. They move forward with confidence, wielding various weapons. Three men move towards George's car, various long, dark shapes clutched in their hand. One appears to be a bat as he prepares to take a swing at George's windshield. The others shout encouragement, flanking the cars for their own various mayhem. In the Lexus, dr. hollandale whimpers fearfully.

The curse is over. Judah's magic crap is gone. No more bargains, you can leave, and I swear to god if you touch my car I'll fucking kill you."

Hesitation blossoms in the man's face for a second, then a cool look of stupidity mingled with confidence slides over his expression. he twists the bt in his hands, advancing with purpose.
*Riley gets the car running, turning the headlights on and moving the car threateningly forwards if any of the locals are in the car's way.*

Shouts of confusion are taken up by the locals who gesture to the Lexus, the weapons soon begin to flash forward. Two of the men run towards the rear of the car, smashing baseball bats onto the trunk and rear door of the Lexus.

The Lexus comes to life like a dream; more than able to leap forward and leave the violent yet confused locals behind...


George runs to his car and unlocks the door with the alram system on his key chain. He tries to hop into the car and start it before the locals get to close.

*Riley punches it, accelerating the lexus and getting onto the road.*

George slides into the car with moments to spare, the engine jumping to life beneath his fingers. the locals are shouting now, gesturing wildly to each other. The snippets you can hear express that they had never before noted a car to start once they had come to rest. "What is this?" One man declares, over and over. he seems nearly frantic. The others are advancing on the car, their shouts wordless blend of emotions.

George revs the engine of his 69 camero and floors it taking off out of the gas station.


The others slide into Mike's Jeep, joining the impromptu exodus. The men - and the frightening town and its dysfunctional inhabitants- grow small in the rear view mirror. The cars soon glide past the on ramp signs for the freeway, entering a freeway free of any obstructions. They had destroyed Judah's curse; at personal cost to Liam and the doctor. Had they anything to fear in the next town over?

Seryna

Posts : 805
Points : 959
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2009-04-26
Age : 34
Location : California

View user profile http://shadowclaw.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Detour: Attn Cobrawax, Rix, Aeon, Dean

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum