Motor City Burning
Welcome to Motor City Burning: World of Darkness online role playing game. Due to the graphic, predatory nature of the violence and adult activities Kindred, Hunters, and the Created take part in, we require all players to be 18 years of age or older. If you are at least 18 and would like to play with us, hit the "Register" key and come on in!

Detour: Attn Cobrawax, Rix, Aeon, Dean

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Re: Detour: Attn Cobrawax, Rix, Aeon, Dean

Post by Seryna on Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:36 am

Before she departed with her grand daughter, Mrs. Curry had given Riley a sharp look. She doesn't reply, hastening out with her grand daughter all the faster for Riley's comment.

The two converse quietly on the porch in urgent whispers. The girl is pointing across the street and gesturing wildly. Mrs. Curry turns and surveys the indicated house gravely and makes the sign of the cross.

The little girl reached into the pocket of her jean overalls and pulled out something shiny, offering it to her grandmother.

[Perception roll for any one trying to glimpse what is being passed or to try and overhear.]

Seryna

View user profile http://shadowclaw.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cobrawax on Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:12 pm

Liam shoves a big spoonful of green beans in his mouth and leans over a little to perceive what's going on.
http://sheetgen.dalines.net/wiki/WikiDiceRoller?hash=f103a8bd
cobrawax

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Seryna on Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:51 pm

To Liam:
Spoiler:
As
you watch the pair, you can see the girl hand her grandmother
something. It looks just like Doctor Hollandale's watch- and Dr.
Hollandale had stayed with her car! How had they gotten ahold of the
watch? As you wonder about that, the girl whispers fearfully. "It's Mr.
Baxton. He won't say what he's gonna do, Nana."

Seryna

Back to top Go down

Post by cobrawax on Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:59 pm

"I'll go check on the car." Liam whispers to the others. "Maybe you should come along." Liam tries to sneak out of the house, so he can check on the car. (Used w/p)
http://sheetgen.dalines.net/wiki/WikiDiceRoller?hash=23ed9f6e
cobrawax

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Seryna on Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:11 pm

Liam barely manages to make it out of the door and down the porch. Mrs. Curry seems very worried as she examines the watch. She slips it into her pocket as you inch for the stairs. she turns and your heart jumps- but she's looking back the way you had come, not where you are now.

You barely make it to the street and hunch around the porch, out of sight of the woman and the girl.

Seryna

Back to top Go down

Post by cobrawax on Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:19 pm

Liam walks back to the car. He began thinking of excuses once he was caught. Maybe the Doctor was just robbed. At least that's what he hoped.
cobrawax

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Seryna on Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:25 pm

As Liam walks, he notes that the townspeople are walking out of their homes. Most of them head towards Mrs. Curry's house where Dave, Mike and Riley sit. You attract some glances, however.

"New to town?" An older man inquires. "Where you heading off to?"

If you move past them, they stare after you. Some are curious and some look concerned.

Seryna

Back to top Go down

Post by cobrawax on Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:28 pm

Liam puts his hand in the pocket with the pepper spray canister in it. "Nowhere. Just walking."
cobrawax

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Seryna on Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:13 am

"Forgot to leave the dog a drink in the jeep. I'll be back shortly." Mike got up from the table and headed to the door, perfectly aware that he in fact HAD left his dog plenty of liquid refreshment. Hopefully nobody would call his bluff.

Dave looked a little lost. "I just remem..." He stalled for a second. "...bathroom." He gets up and makes his way to the car.

Once outside Mike quickly joined up with Liam. "That kid had Dr Hollandale's watch. How in hell did she get that watch?"

"My guess is they robbed her." said Liam bluntly. "Maybe worse."

"You're sure it's her watch?"

"I'm gonna see if the car is still there." Liam jogs over to the car.

Mike nodded. "Definitely her watch mate."

As you walk the distance back to the gas station, you can see that the Lexus and the Jeep remain, untouched, Mike's dog is anxious, whining as he paws at the door. There is no sign of Dr. Hollandale anywhere about.

Mike walked over to the jeep, opening the door and setting about calming down his anxious dog. "What's the matter Sheila?"

[16:25:13] cobrawax : Liam checks the gas station.

The dog greets Mike, anxiously, whining as it tosses its' head. As Liam looked at the gas station, he found it exactly the same as it was before. The door remains locked, the power remains out. The windows now appear eerie, as though they had witnessed some secret that you do not know.

Mike frowned. "Shame we can't get Shiela to try findin' and followin' Hollandale's scent." he said.

Liam shuddered as he looked at the windows. Maybe this place was haunted.

As Liam looks within, theres a quick, darting motion within the shadows of the gas station. The shadow moves too quicckly for Liam to discern what it was.

"Hey! I saw something in the gas station."Liam shouts. He opens the trunk of the Mike's Jeep to get his pistol.

As Liam looks about the gas station, he can discern no sign that the gas station is indeed, haunted. Beyond the furtive movement inside, it appeared to be a normal, run down gas station..

[Mike: 1 sux
Mike: 1 sux]
[Liam: 1 sux
Liam: 2 sux]
[16:34:31] AeonThePhoenix : Mike placed a hand inside his jacket, fingers gripping tightly around one of his twin Colts. "Why can't we ever get attacked in an unabandoned location?"

Liam observes what's going on in the gas station,

As the men locate thier weaponry, the gas station remains dark and quiet...

Mike and Liam detect a quick movement by the window. Instead of some attack, they were surprised to see a young boy no older than eight wiggle out of the open window.He hits the ground and attempts to scamper away into the woods. Out of the corner of your eye, you detect someone approaching from the town. Liam recognizes it as the old man who had spoken to him in town earlier. The man was moving hastily towards you.

Liam waves at the man. "How's a going? You know when Phil's going to be here?"

"I would be phil." The man declares. He studies you for a moment, ccking his head. He is likely wondering what you're hiding.... as in the pistol you are holding within Mike's Jeep.

Mike removed his hand from inside his thick jacket leaving the Colt behind for the moment.

Liam decides to leave the pistol in the jeep for now.

"Bloody nippy out here." Mike commented. "Wouldn't have come out if I didn't have to check up on the dog." He looked at Liam. "Can you see that blanket in the boot yet?"

The boy freezes beside the gas station, watching you warily. 'Phil' doesn't seem to notice him. "So, you folks need some gas?" He walks closer to where 'Liam is looking for the blanket'. "Why don't you start her up and pull up to the pump. I'll go turn the pumps on.."

Liam shoves the pistol back in the bag and closes the trunk. "Nope. Couldn't find it."

"No worries, probably buried deep under all the other junk." Mike said, slipping into the Jeep's driver seat and starting the vehicle's engine to move it, trying to keep an eye on Phil in the process.

Liam put his hands in his pockets. "Think the Doctor's car was the one that needed gas. You haven't seen her around have you? She was the woman who came into town with us."

Phil pulled a key from his front pocket and unlocked the gas station. He moved inside and left you alone for a few moments. He then reappeared, heading to fuel up Mike's Jeep himself. "No, I just walked out from town, son. Heard you were looking for me. I wouldn't get too worried about your lady friend. people around here are mighty hospitabile." As he speaks, you spot the boy crouching out of the man's sight, gesturing wildly towards Liam. He raised his finger to his lips in the 'shh!' motion.

Seryna

Back to top Go down

Post by Seryna on Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:11 am

*Riley starts to feel a bit uncomfortable, so he makes his excauses.* "Hmmm..I wonder what's taking everyone so long. I'd better check on them with Dave. Thanks for the meal." *He stands up, cleans up, and heads out.*

George flips the dial on the radio in his black 69 Camero.

The woman remains outside speaking quietly with her granddaughter. She glances at you when you pass, but makes no objection. As Riley looks around, he can see that the others were already out of sight, presumably at the gas station at the edge of town.
As George glances up at the road, he is surprised to see that the freeway ahead is shut down. Orange signs direct him to take the eit directly in front of him to 'Dunham Springs'. He is the only car on the road, yet can't see any way to proceed forward towards detroit. The car heads off of teh freeway onto the off ramp, heading towards Whispering Falls.

*He gives a friendly smile to the woman and child, and then heads in the direction of the station, looking around at the houses as he does.*

(to George) The road continued on with nothing but trees for a quarter mile, until a small cluster of buildings rose on the horizon. Yet as you drive towards them, the buildings are only a run down gas station and two small single family homes. The gas pumps were of an olden style that looked to predate hybrids, an unusal sign that the town is behind on the times. Four men are standing beside a Jeep that is being fueled. A nice Lexus is also parked at the pump.

"There you go." The man states as the gas pump shuts off. "That will be twenty dollars." He eyes the Lexus before he notes the oncoming car. "Well, whats this. He reflects. "Friend of yours?"

[to Riley] As Riley walks, he notes that the townspeople are walking out of their homes. Most of them head towards Mrs. Curry's house where you had just vacated. You attract some glances. No one bothers you as they pass you by, heading towards the largest house in town with purpose.

"No. Thre was just some road construction, so everyone heading towards Detroit has to go through here."

AeonThePhoenix : Mike smiled pleasantly, pulling a wallet from his pocket and extracting a $20 note. "Much obliged mate." he said, handing it to Phil.

*He adjusts his glasses, and looks at the townsfolk, especially at their style of dress.*

George pulls into the the gas station and parks his car next to a gas pump.

George turns the engine off and pops the hood. He steps out of his car and opens the fuel tank. George is a man in his late thirty with a 5 o'clock shadow. His arms are covered in tattoos and he has a few on his neck. He is currently wearing grease stained jeans, a black dickies work shirt, a black baseball cap turned backwords, and sneakers.

Riley discovers that all of the townspeople wear threabare, worn clothing more common in the 20th century than the 21st. He recieves a great many looks, but no one stops to chat.
*He keeps moving to the gas station.*

The man pockets the money that Mike offers. "Excellent. Now ifyour lady friend needs gas, have her look me up. I'll be heading in after I see what this fellow wants..." He walks closer to George, waving. "Can I fill you up?" He asks.

Liam is a large and heavyset young man with red hair and a neatly trimmed beard, but a still boyish looking face. He wears a baggy black sweater with baggy black pants.

As the man moves away from you, Liam notes the small boy who had come out of the gas station creep along the gas station way, gesturing for you to come to him. He remains crouches, as though he does not want Phil to ee him.

Liam heads towards the boy.

Riley finds the walk to take no more than about five minutes. As he approaches the gas station, he notes a new car and a new patron of the gas station.

Seryna : "Hurry, get down!" The boy hisses, scooting back so that Liam can step behind the gas station wall. The boy wears only a dirty pir of jean overalls. "Don't let Phil see you. He's going to be mad if he sees us."

Liam crouches down and tries to move without being seen.

Seryna : "You came in with the lady in the new car, didn't cha?" He asks, looking up at him. "You left her alone. Shouldn't have done that..." His voice is touched with dread as he peeks behind you to ensure you are not observed.

cobrawax : http://sheetgen.dalines.net/wiki/WikiDiceRoller?hash=75573a1f

George looks to the man offering to fill his gas tank. "Yeah, filler up." George then pulls a tire gage out from his pocket and checks the air pressure on the tires before heading over to open the hood and checking the oil.

Liam heads towards the boy quickly while Phil is distracted.

George fines that Phil fills the gas tank, watching him with keen interest. "Where you get thisbueaty?" He asks, gesturing to the car.

The boy looks up at Liam, biting his lip. He has already spoken and now believes that perhaps he has spoken too much already.

George smiles to himself and resonds "It was a junker that I bought a few years ago. Fixed her up myself. Dropped a few Gs in her. Tried to stay with original parts though."

*He looks around the group.* "How's the fueling going?"

Liam sighs. "And heads back towards the others.

Liam shurgs "Phil's finally here, but the Doctor is missing."

*He looks at the group, looking worried.* "Has anyone tried her cell?"

Liam gets his phone out of his pocket. "For a second there, I forgot that I had her cell number." He calls he Doctor.

The boy stares after Liam worriedly, but will not risk Phil's anger to give his warning. He turns and departs through the woods.

"What's that you got there?" Phil walked over to Liam. "And I don't care much for your tone, boy. Things happen in town that a man has to rely on. You city folks forget, but in small towns people have to rely on each other."

*He glances over at Phil.* "Hello. You must be Phil?"

[18:14:08] Seryna : As Liam calls the doctor's cell phone, the group hears it ringing nearby. A quick look reveals it to be lying by the gas station door...

"Yes, I am Phil." Phl looked at Riley but was distarcted by the ring. "What in tarnation?" he hustles over to the phone, stooping his ancient back to bend down and pluck it up. He views it suspiciously.

George wips the oil of the dip stick from a rag in his pocket. He looks over to Phil as he approaches the red headed kid.

*Riley follows Phil.* "that's her phone. Is there a restroom here she might have used and dropped it?"

"Ain't no rest rooms." Phil replies. He turns and points to a wooden shed a few yards into the woods. "Them there is the out house. Don't got no fancy plumbing out here.'

Closes the hood to his car. He looks over the group of people talking before he checks the pump to see how much gas has been pumped.

Phil hands the phone over to Riley, shaking his hand as thogh touching the phone was unpleasant. "Well, I ought to be getting back. Ya'll come on back, its time for pie..." He doesn't seem to worry that George has unpaid gas feeding into his tank.

*He nods as he takes the phone.* "Thank you." *He pauses a moment, and says to Phil.* "Excuse me Phil, one quick question. When was this town founded?"

cobrawax : Liam purses his lips. "We should probably find Chrissy first."

"Oh... ah..." Phil leans his head back, scratching his head. "Some years back, I reckon. My pa came to Whispering Falls in 1900... most folks came in around then, I do believe."

"Well, ya'll come in 'fore too long. Don't want to be out here come night fall. An' leave the automobiles here, ain't no room for them in town..." The old man glanced at the woods hurriedly before turning and making his slow but steady shuffling towards the town.

George opens the passenger side door and reaches for a pack of cigarettes. He pulls himself out of the car. "Yo, bro. The gas?" George say to Phil.

*He nods, and waits until Phil is gone before going to Liam.* "Something is really wrong here. These people are dressed from out of the last century, and since they have gas stations, they're definitely not Amish."

"Oh, leave some money on the pump.." Phil said. "Not like I won't see you later..." Phil continues his trek home.
Liam turns towards the Professor. "It gets worse."

"What?" George says to himself. He shakes his head and walks over to the pump turning it off. He hangs the hose back up and gets back into his car. "If the guy doesn't care about me paying then fuck him. I'll keep my money. Damn redneck podunks." He continues to talk to himself as he starts his car.

"I think I'll check for her at the Talbot's place." Liam walks towards the Talbots' house." He turns towards the Professor again, "I'll fill you in on the way." He says quietly.

*He glances over at George and back at Liam.* "Why do I get the feeling he won't be able to find his way back to the highway?"

As Liam and Riley head into town, they notice that the townspeople who had come out to greet them earlier were gone. The streets are deserted. The sun has made its trek across the sky; soon it will be kissing the horizon and darkness will overtake the town. Liam heads towards the Talbots house, yet one finds that no one answers a knock upon the door. The door to the house is unlocked...

George turns his radio back on and turns it up before leaving the gas station heading back to Detroit.

Liam shrugs "I think the answer to that's obvious. But at least he's not missing yet." Liam opens the door.

"Hello?" *Riley calls out.*

Liam walks inside and looks around.

"Oh right. I said I'd fill you in. Well, for starters, the little girl back at the old woman's had Chrissy's watch. And there was this kid who said we shouldn't have left her alone."

*He stops and stares at Liam.* "Do you think Phil or some of the other locals took her?" *He says quietly.*

As George pulls away, his radio suddenly starts to squel. It seems almost like he's caught between stations. Yet as he fiddles with it, he hears the voice of his mother. She's talking quietly and he can't understand what she's saying. He is suddenly filled with a sudden desire to return to the town. Yes, the town is best. Unable to resist the compulsion, his hands take the wheel and direct him back towards the gas station. He parks the car perfectly and the odd compulsion fades, leaving him feeling quesy.

Liam stroked his beard. "Well, the kid seemed to be scared shitless of Phil, so...yeah."

As you enter the house, you become aware of an unpleasant smell. It seems to pervade the house, originating from the back bedroom. The door stands open. Glancing in shows a female hand outstretched from beneath the bed, the rest of her hidden in the area between the bed and the wall.

"What the hell are you doing here George." He talks to himself as he pulls a cigarette and lights it. He steps out of the car and walks to the entrance of the gas station, seeing if anyone is there.

Liam looks underneath the bed.

Glancing around, George can see he is completely alone. The men seemed to have departed. He is suddenly startled as a small boy of about nine runs across the road. He is panicking, winmilling his arms and crying. The boy flees into the woods behind the gas station.

Underneath the bed, he finds old, dusty boxes. Yet as he leans over to the space between the bed and the wall, his heart thuds within his chest. Here lies Alyssa, pale and still. Her other arm is flung out in front of her face, as though she tried warding off some blow. Yet her body is covered with deep purple contusions, none that look like any thing you recognize. No hand or first imprint, no improvised bludgeoning... her eyes are open. She stares sightlessly atthe cieling, her mouth agape as a trail of blood pools beneath her.

"Hey. Hey kid!." George says trying to get the kid's attention. He looks around him seeing if there was anyone chasing after the boy as heads in the boys direction. Calling to him.
"Oh, Oh, God." *Riley stammers, clearly horrified.*

Liam recoils in fear and tries to fight the urge to vomit. He goes outside.

George is forced to shout for a minute when his own heart jumps as meone runs into the road, barrelling into him. The someone struggles to pull away from him, crying. It's a girl no more than six. Her arms are covered with small red scratches as though she's been running through the woods.
Liam takes a deep breath and goes back inside to look for anyone else.

The house appears to be lived in- the smell of apple pie mingls with the scent of death, a terrible combination. A pie sits on the table, three plates are set out. It seems as though the occupants suddenly fled the house.

"What the..." George says to himself as he squats donw. He places his arms on the girls shoulders. "Hey, hey. Are you ok little girl. What happened?"

*Hand on his mouth, he looks at Alyssa carefully, looking for some kind of clue, anything at all.*

"I'm going back to the car." says Liam "We should probably stay together."

"Can't stay!" She pants. "Alyssa tried to leave! She brought the wild beasts into the woods!" She grabs your hand and tries to pull you. "We have to get to town!"

Riley is startled that he can't find a cause of death. For all of the bruising, none seem severe enough to cause death. Theres some blood benath her head, suggestive that it pooled from her mouth after a blow to the mouth. Yet there is no broken bone, no cuts of any sort... she is simply inexplicietly dead.

"Shh..." George says as he pulls the little girl closer. "Listen everything is going to be fine, but I need you to calm down and tell me what's going on. Take a breath, everything is going to be ok." George says to the little girl as he looks around for the little boy.

: *He raises his hand to stop Liam* "Hold on a moment Liam. The least we can do is figure a few things out about this woman's death,...it's all wrong. I can't find anything to explain why she died. None of these injuries are bad enough!"

Liam sighs and goes back to the woman's body. He winces as he sees it. There were many urban legends and stories about mysterious deaths like this, so he tried to remember one.

"No!" The girl shrieks. "No! We have to go!" She screams as she struggles, managing to pull away. She lifts her eyes to the woods that she just fled- and screams. As you turn, perhaps you scream as well. Your mind can not process what you are seeing. An emanciated bear has eemerged from the woods, but where its head should be is a twisted, deformed head of a buck. It's head has fallen back as though its neck is broken. This terrible thing shouldn't exist, shouldn't be alive with a broken neck. Yet it roads with a bears mighty confidence, stalking towards you.

Liam recalls a few various stories about visitors to small town suffering from ill fate. There is one where a outsider is used as a sacrifice to some spirit that aids the town... and then there are other, twisted versions, where the town itself rejects visitors.
[19:25:15 16/07/10] Seryna : As Riley and Liam converse, the sound of the front door closing startles them. Someone yet unseen has entered the house.

"Which ways town?" He says as he continues running away, hoping he is heading in the right direction.

"Uh, you here that? Whateveer, lets head toward the car." He leans in and whispers. "I left my gun there."

"This way, keep going!" She encourages, poining straight ahead. As the crow flies, it is a quicker route to town. In practice, you are forces to push your way through brambles that catch and pull on your skin, leaving small red scratches on your arms. Dirt soon coats your shoes and pants as you duck underneath low branches and run down dirt hills. As you hurry, the sound of pursuit fade and then slowly cease. "We're in the town limits." The girl whispers. "We'll be in the square in a minute."

*Riley reaches into his pocket.* "I have my pepperspray, fat lot of good it did last time I used." *He whispers back.*

George nods and continues running heading to the town square.

George and the girl emerge from the woods into town. The town is quiet and no townspeople are about. "They must have heard the beasts." She whispered. "They'd all be behind Mrs. Curry. She has the biggest yard..."

As Liam rushes from the house, he pases a couple, a man and a woman. "What are you doing in our house?" The wonder. They investigate and come across Riley- and the body. The couple gasp and exit the room fearfully. The man clasps his arms around the woman's shoulders, comforting her as she buries her face into his chest. As Liam runs, he notices a mud covered George emerge from the woods, holding a little girl.

"Which way do we go then?" George say as he slows down a litlle, trying to catch his breath, but still tryin g to put distance between him and the woods. "Which way to Mrs. Curyy's place?"

*Riley stands up, as Liam books. Too late for him to do the same.* "Sir, Ma'am, my associate and I found her like this. We didn't do this to her. I think you know it, and I want to help."

Liam toward to George as he keeps walking to the car. "What the hell happened to you?"
"Its the biggest house." The litle girl says. "Just follow the road in. " As Liam walks by, she clutches george's arm tightly. "Don't let him go out there!"

[19:39:50 16/07/10] Migs : George arches a brow at Liam. He continues to move with the girl in his arms. He rolls his head in the direction he is going. "Listen no time to explain, though you better come with me there is some fucked up shit going on here. C'mon!"

"There's no help." The man speaks to Riley. "Its that damned curse of Judah. If people don't join up soon enough, the town takes them. And Alyssa was a good child." The woman sobs more loudly at this.

"I'm just getting something from the car." says Liam with a tinge of frustration in his voice.

"Curse of Judah?"
George stops and turns around. "Listen, you really don't want to go back there. Ok. There is this bear elk thing and I seriously doubt it's friendly. I don't know what the hell is going on, but if you go back to the cars right now you aren't coming back. Now follow me!."

"Yeah, Judah cursed the town some years back." The man hugged his wife tightly against him. "First, we all thought he was cray when he told us. But then we started noticing that people stopped coming through and that we couldn't leave. " "Some tried." The wife sniffed. "At least three were gone for a few days, but they came back talking about these horrible things in the woods. Things that couldn't exist." "There's only one real way out." Her husband says somberly.
"what kind of curse, and where is Judah now?'

"Aw shit. I left my gun there." Liam turned around and followed George.

"Don't rightly know, son..." The man replies, omberly. "We don't have time for this right now. Need to put this poor child's soul to rest. " He turned to his wife. "You go over to Mrs. Curry's get some men to come back and help me." The woman nodded and departed, wiping tears from her eyes.

Liam scratched his head. "Wait, what did you say was there?"

"Right now you are better off not going out there bro." George said as he continued heading to Mrs. Curry's place.

"Some bear elk thing."

*He nods.* "I'm sorry for your loss. I'll help you if you'd like."

"Right. Just wanted to make sure I heard you right." said Liam as he followed the man to Mrs. Curry's place.

With the little girl's help, the two men walked through the side yard of Mrs. Curry's to see at least a hundred people crammed in the back yard, a fair sized field. Most were holding thier children worriedly, whispering amongst themselves. "Look here!" Mrs. Curry shouted. "Ain't nothing we haven't weathered before! We just hole up til they go back! Then we go right back to the newcomers-" She suddenly stopped talking. A hundred faces swung around to stare at you.

"What did it promise you?" asked Liam

"i'd like that." The man said quietly. He enters the bedroom and removes the quikt from the bed, gently laying the dead woman upon it. If he is surprised by the manner of her death, he gives no sign.

"What the devil you talking about, boy?" Mrs. Curry wonders.

George sets the little girl on the ground. "What exactly did you mean get back to the newcomers?" He asked Mrs. Curry.

"Well... we couldn't leave you out there with the Wilds.."

Liam folds his arms. "The spirit or your god or whatever the hell you call that thing."

"Cause I've just been chased through a dmaned forest by some bear elk thing and I would really like to know what the fuck is going on here."

"Did you go out in the woods aways?" Mrs. Curry asked. "You're talking like one of them lunatics that came back."

George stops and looks at Liam. "What?"

After a few moments of gruesome work, Riley and Mr. Talkbot as he introduced himself had prepared young Alyssa for moving. With Riley's help, Mr. Talbot carried Alyssa to the steps of an old white washed church. "We'll have to leave the child here until we can get out to the woods to bury her." He lifts his eyes to look further into town. "So... you sounded interested about that curse."

"The thing which is causing all this. They worship it." says Liam a little angrily

"Boy's been out in the sun too long." Someone drawled. "Thinking we worshipped ol' Judah."

Seryna

Back to top Go down

Post by AeonThePhoenix on Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:04 am

"Feck's sake... will someone explain what in the name of buggery this damned chimera is and how to kill it before I start employing more aggressive forms of questioning?" Mike snapped irritably, pulling both his Colts and tossing one to Liam.

AeonThePhoenix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rix on Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:45 pm

*Riley nods in agreement to Mr. Talkbot's statement.* "Yes I am. I'd like the whole story and what exactly his curse was. Believe me, I've seen some strange things lately, and I think my friends and I can help."

Rix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by cobrawax on Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:05 pm

Liam catches Mikes gun with two hands. "Damn! Be more careful will ya."
cobrawax

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Seryna on Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:27 pm

The locals do not appear afraid of Mike's threat or of the guns that appear in his hand and the one that he tosses to Liam.

Two men- large, broad shouldered and bearing wide, flat foreheads push their way through the crowd to stand in front of Mrs. Curry.
"Look at them!" One chides, pointing to Mike and Liam. "They think that they can push the wild back with their little pistols!"
"We want them." The second man emphasized to Mrs. Curry. "They wouldn't last more than a day out there if they did try to leave, so we want to make our bargain to them first, before they get all messed up."
"You never set eyes on them before now." Myra Meeker pushes her way to the front. "I ought to have first claim! I saw them first!"

Angry mutters travel through the gathering of easily a hundred men, women and children. It appears that the locals are petitioning Mrs. Curry for the right to speak to you first about 'the Bargain.'

Mr. Talbot gives you a long look. "Son, this town has been cursed for a 'undred years. None of us have managed to break it, but you been here an hour and think you can?"

He shakes his head.

"I'll tell you the curse. In 1912, ol' Judah came outta his cabin in the hills and said he found a way to keep the wicked ways of outsiders from reaching us. We all thought he was insane and he shut up and we all went on. Then we noticed that others weren't coming into town no more. We ourselves could hardly get up the guts to walk past the gas station.

Then Matthew Coughes said he was leaving. He hitched a pack, said he'd be back with the route. He was gone three days." Mr. Talbot's tone was somber. "He came back all strung out from thirst and with horrible cuts from what he called a 'wild cat' that sounded like his mother. It was lunatic talk- nothing out there has claws that left the marks on ol' Matthew. But now there are crazy things out there in the Wilds. They kill a local who goes out of sight of the town... but visitors try, sometimes.

Sometimes we find the bodies. Sometimes the come back, insane and useless. But there's only one way out of Whispering Falls, now.

Unless you can make some sense out of the old papers at ol' Judah's cabin."

Seryna

Back to top Go down

Post by cobrawax on Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:32 am

"What the hell are you people talking about? What's Judah? Where's the woman who came here with us?" asked Liam as he slowly backed away from the crowd.
cobrawax

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Migs on Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:18 am

George steps in front of the little girl. Placing himself between her and the crowd of people. He looks over to Mike, Liam the crowd and then back to Liam.

"What the hell is going on here? What are they talking about?" George says nervously.

Migs

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by cobrawax on Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:06 am

"They're talking about a spirit, which could mean the town itself has taken on a kind of life of it's own. Besides that, I have no fucking clue."
cobrawax

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rix on Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:20 am

*It may become apparent to Mr. Talbot that Riley's not the type to make idle statements.* "If he has notes, if you take me to Judah's cabin, I'll do what I can, and that's better than nothing, isn't it?"

Rix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Seryna on Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:14 am

"I can't take you to Judah's cabin." Mr. Talbot said emphatically. "Its in the woodlands- and that area is deadly once the town has claimed you.

You lot could go- its due east of the gas station, along the dry riverbed."

Seryna

Back to top Go down

Post by Rix on Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:41 am

[color=blue]"Alright then. I'll try calling the others and see about making this happen." *He takes his cellphone and calls Liam.*/color]

Rix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by cobrawax on Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:51 am

Liam notices his phone ringing. "What the hell?" When he realizes it's Riley, he picks up. "Uh, excuse me. Hello, yeah, not sure if it's a good time now."
cobrawax

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rix on Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:33 am

"We're in a cursed town Liam, there is no good time. Where are you at?"

Rix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by cobrawax on Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:42 am

"A curse? Right, we're at Mrs. Curry's place. There's apparently some kind of big town meeting here."
cobrawax

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AeonThePhoenix on Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:34 am

"We could use some more information people... do these killings usually happen in a specific area or all over? A certain point of the day or night, or will this beast strike any when? Intelligence, movement patterns, does it hate cheap aftershave? Anything that might help us track, trap or take it out, no matter how insignificant you might think it is. Otherwise your alternative is spending the rest of your lives in fear, watching this town slowly die out because you're not going to survive on the whims of passers-by who mostly end up dead instead of contributing to the local gene pool if you pardon my bluntness."

AeonThePhoenix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Seryna on Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:26 pm

The initial investigation

George keeps an eye on the towns people as he tries to figure out a way to get out of this place.

*Riley listens to Liam's response as he continues walking with Mr. Talbot*

Mr. Talbot is not walking, he is marveling at your cell phone with an expression of amazement.
Liam backs away from the townspeople while speaking to Riley.
In the last hour, Riley, Dave, Liam and Mike had noticed that Dr. Hollandale had not joined them. They had witnessed a young girl passing her watch to Mrs. Curry. Investigating the gas station turned up her cell phone- and they had met a newcomer to town, George. Riley and Liam had stumbled upon the grisley discovery of Alyssa's body. Riley was currently talking to the homeowner where Alyssa's body had been found.

*Riley stops walking, eyebrow raised at Mr. Talbot.* "I'm sorry Liam, where did you say you were at again?"

George purses his lips and looks behind him and then back to the towns people. Trying to figure out a way to get out of here and not be mauled to death by the monster that chased him down earlier.

"In Mrs. Curry's backyard."

"We got some backup coming?" George says to Liam.

Elsewhere in Town

Mr. Talbot: "Oh I don't know. Saturday, I reckon. We long since stopped bothering with marking the dates, it don't matter anyhow."

"And the year?" Riley questioned.
"I done told you, son, we don't mark years. You got something in your ear?"

*He nods.* "Fair enough. Can you point me to Mrs. Curry's?"
"I'll walk you over." Mr. Talbot suggested, walking at a pleasant pace
towards the largest house in town. he leads you behind the side garden,
where a large field holds at least a hundred townspeople. Rily can see
Myra Meeker, a large man, Liam and George conversing.

The Bargain

George can not detect a way out by looking at the woods. He had already noticed the terrible affect when he had tried to depart the town via his car. The townspeople ignored the pair, busily arguing over who would have the first bargain. Mrs. Curry seemed to have decided on a solution, as Myra and one of the tough men approached Liam and George. "You want to have a seat on the porch, sugar?" Myra invited. "We have something you should hear.

"Alright, I'm on my way." *He pauses and looks at Mr. Talbot again.* "If you don't mind my asking, Mr. Talbot, what's the date today?"

"No, I am fine where I am." George says as he keeps himself between the little girl and the towns people.

Liam hangs up. "Backup? No, unless a history professor counts as backup."

"Susie, why don't you go to your Mommy?" Myra proposed. The girl seemed pleased at the idea, moving away from George. "We could talk here, if you wish." She glances at Liam, puzzled. "Back up?"

"What? No. I don't know what gave him that impression."

"Well then, I believe that you've stumbled onto our little town's problem. It's only fair that we tell you how to escape it..." Myra stated.

"Listen I just want to get out of here and back to Detroit, if you guys have a way of getting me out of here, I'm all ears. Otherwise, I really don't think there is anything you guys can say that matters to me," George spoke calmly.

"Now that's what I am talking about."

"The way out is not an easy solution." Myra says. "You must agree to take the place of someone who lives here. Once they have breathed free for thirty days, you will be allowed to leave." The unnamed man glanced sharply at her as she said this, but faced you without speaking.

"Yeeeeeeah." George said disbelieving. He looked over to Liam and then back to the lady. " I don't think that's gonna happen."

"Oh, but it will." Myra states with confidence. "Judah ensured that the town will either take you in or reject you. Unless you can make sense of ol' Judah's records, you will become as trapped as we unless you take the Bargain."

Where is Dr. Hollandale?

Liam sighs. " Before we deal with that, could you tall me where's the woman we came here with."

"Excuse me?" Myra glanced at Liam with confusion. "Who?"

Liam gritted his teeth. "Think we left her back at the gas station. Do you know what happened to her or not?"

George watches Liam and the lady talk.

"I don't care much for your tone." Myra sniffed. "Ry, you hear the way he's talking to me?" "I do." The large man frowned, glaring at Liam. "I don't know where your woman is. Perhaps she's already taken somebody's Bargain." He smirked. "Or someone's 'convincing' her." "Ry!" Myra looked appalled.

"That's a terrible thing to do. You shouldn't seem so pleased about it. " To Liam she remarked. "I can't even refer to her properly if you won't tell us her name."

Liam tightens the grip on the gun Mike gave him. "Convincing? What the hell are you talking about? What happens when someone takes one of these 'bargains'?"

"I just told you." Myra stated. "You agree to stay in the town so one of us can leave. Eventually, based on the Bargain, you get to leave as well."

*Riley finally arrives along with Mr. Talbot, looking at Liam, nodding to himself when he sees George, not surprised at all.*

"Right. In thirty days. So she takes on their name and lives in their how?" asked Liam calmly as possible.

"Takes on their name?" Myra looks confused. "Why would they take on their name?"
"Well..those who stay decide where they stay, young man."

Liam sighed. "I don't know how any of this works. So, she's in the town somewhere?"

George shakes his head, not believing a word the lady is saying. "Listen lady, do you know where his friend is or not?"

*He glances at Liam.* "It sounds like something in the woods will come after any of the locals. What have you learned?"

Liam looked back at Riley. "Nothing useful, yet."

"I didn't say that I did." Myra sniffed. "And you two are rude. You are going to have leave Mrs. Curry's now. Maybe you'll enjoy solitude with that foul attitude." Myra and her friend tossed you annoyed glares as they departed, heading towards Mrs. Curry's.

You'll have to leave Mrs. Curry's now

"Mr Talbot here," *Indicating the man* "gave me some background about the curse and where Judah's cabin is. Apparently Judah left notes there that can help us figure out what's going on here."

Liam's eyes widened. "Judah's a person?"

"What else would he be, son?" Mr. Talbot wondered.

"Have fun being stuck in this town lady." Looks over to Riley, "That's what that crazy bitch said to, or you take the bargain."

"That's an uncivil tone to take." Mr. Talbot frowned at George."You are a foul mouthed man."

Liam glared "We're trapped here, so excuse us if we're not all flowers and sunshine."

George: "And this place is a piece of shit place, so I figure we're even."

"We've been trapped for years, son. You want to watch that mouth of yours, lest you wonder how you'll feed yourselves and where you'll sleep when you alienate every one"

George laughs. "I plan on leaving this place, not being stuck here like you people. "

"Mr. Talbot stared at George." Then lay out your plan, son."

*Riley shrugged* "apparently so." *He glances over at George.* "How did that first attempt at leaving go?"

I got a feeling that I was needed here so I came back. Glad I did, saved a little girl form the spirit thing you and him." George points to Liam. "Were talking about. Saved her from it, so I guess I'm glad I did. Though if you are happy staying here thats great but I think this guy (Liam) wants to find his friend and get out of here, so why don't we try to work on that."

*He looks sharply at Liam* "Dr. Hollandale?"

You said this Judah guy has some notes to get rid of this place, Lets start there. The after we get some info we go looking for his friend." George looks over to the yard with all the people. "If they havent already got her."
"Yeah, her." Liam turns to George. "That sounds like our only option here."
"Well then, where is this Judah's guy's cabin?"

*He nods.* "alright then, we need to follow the river bed." *glancing over at Mr. Talbot for confirmation.* "Not far from the gas station, correct?"

Mr. Talbot spoke. "I told him how to get there." He indicates Riley. "You folks be careful out there. Don't go too far out or you'll run into the wilds."

Seryna

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next