Motor City Burning
Welcome to Motor City Burning: World of Darkness online role playing game. Due to the graphic, predatory nature of the violence and adult activities Kindred, Hunters, and the Created take part in, we require all players to be 18 years of age or older. If you are at least 18 and would like to play with us, hit the "Register" key and come on in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Motor City Burning
Welcome to Motor City Burning: World of Darkness online role playing game. Due to the graphic, predatory nature of the violence and adult activities Kindred, Hunters, and the Created take part in, we require all players to be 18 years of age or older. If you are at least 18 and would like to play with us, hit the "Register" key and come on in!
Motor City Burning
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A flame from the past

3 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

A flame from the past - Page 4 Empty Re: A flame from the past

Post by Sokhar Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:16 am

"Stop your crying," Tom growled. Digging in his pocket he pulled out a simple folding utility knife. He still felt woefully under-equipped, but it was better than nothing. If he wasn't in jail or the hospital by tomorrow, he vowed he'd finally take that fancy filleting knife that Kevin had given him out of the closet and unwrap it.

He snapped open the longest and most wicked looking blade on the knife and pointed it in Chen's direction. "Listen closely. You're going to take me wherever she is now. And you're not going to try and warn your buddies that we're coming, or I'm gonna work you over with this thing, if its the last thing I ever do." He jabbed the space between them with the knife for emphasis. "Capiche?"
Sokhar
Sokhar

Back to top Go down

Post by Seryna Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:20 am

"B-but I don't know where she is." The manager looks baffled. "They probably dropped her at the Gulag!" He says quickly, watching the dim, filtered light reflect off of the knife.

"I can take you there. But we have to up that ladder."

Seryna

http://shadowclaw.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Bard Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:35 am

John decided do go down into the hole and follow it's path.
Rogue Bard
Rogue Bard

https://www.facebook.com/j.a.potter2

Back to top Go down

Post by Seryna Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:47 am

As John lowered himself, his foot hit against something. After a moment, he found a makeshift ladder leading downwards. It was easy enough to descend down to the bottom, which took only moments. The 'cellar' was hardly more than a man's height stretching beneath the floor boards.
The darkness was pervasive, here. He was surrounded by inky blackness. Feeling around revealed no light switch. As he adjusted, a man's faint voice drifts to him from somewhere down here. The words are impossible to decipher, but it is clear that he is not alone.

Seryna

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Bard Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:42 am

John slowly drew his gun from his shoulder holster and walked in the direction that the voice was coming from.

He kept his breath slow and deliberate as he moved. He didn't know what was there, but he knew he didn't like it.
Rogue Bard
Rogue Bard

Back to top Go down

Post by Seryna Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:08 am

Within moments, Tom and his captive became aware of movement in the dark tunnel. The captives' face lit up with hope that crumpled when John emerged into the light that Tom wielded instead of his morally bankrupt fellows.

Seryna

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Bard Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:31 am

Coming in slowly with his gun drawn John looks around the area in an effort to take in his surroundings.

Seeing a man holding another man captive John points the gun at Tom.

"What the fuck do you think you're doing?" Markham says to Tom.
Rogue Bard
Rogue Bard

Back to top Go down

Post by Seryna Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:22 pm

As John faces the two men, Glock in hand, his pants start to vibrate. He has received a new text.

A quick check brings up a picture of a row of unearthed graves. The coffins are missing and the excavation looks choppy, unprofessional.

Need help in Woodsmere Cemetery. Dan, a fellow Union man, texts you. Too much weird shit going on in Detroit...

Seryna

Back to top Go down

Post by Sokhar Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:34 pm

"I can take you there. But we have to up that ladder."

"So get to climbing" Tom replied, knife still in hand. He still didn't understand what these guys were pulling, but he had to find Christie.
Sokhar
Sokhar

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Bard Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:00 pm

John checks his cell's text quickly. He rolled his eyes and turned and ran back down the tunnel. He climbed out. Trotted quickly to his hotel room and got his stuff. He rode away on his mortocycle a few minutes later after checking the GPS on his phone and learning the directions to the cemetery.
Rogue Bard
Rogue Bard

Back to top Go down

Post by Seryna Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:03 pm

Muttering under his breath, the hotel manager obliged Tom. At the top of the hatch he moved away, staring worriedly across the street towards the rest stop gas station. He didn't look at Tom or try to run away.

As John hurriedly leaves the rest stop, he notes that he appears to be the only soul out here. Sad, quiet rest stop. It would take him about half an hour to reach Detroit proper...

Seryna

Back to top Go down

Post by Sokhar Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:21 am

Tom gave the manager a nudge in the back with his free hand. "Alright lets go. Nice and quiet, and don't try anything cute."

Remembering Rick was still in the hotel and didn't know anything that had transpired since he disappeared into the hole, Tom reached into his pocket and fished out his cellphone. He pulled up Rick's cell number and pressed "Send."
Sokhar
Sokhar

Back to top Go down

Post by Seryna Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:53 am

Tom waited on the phone for a moment, but Rick does not answer the phone. It goes through to Rick's voicemail...

Seryna

Back to top Go down

Post by Sokhar Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:34 am

Tom cursed under his breath and closed the phone before returning it to his pocket. "Lead on" he said to the still-bloody hotel manager.
Sokhar
Sokhar

Back to top Go down

Post by Seryna Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:37 pm

"O.K., O.K..." The man looked worriedly over his shoulder, as though expecting John to return. The man kept a hand gingerly to his swollen nose.

He led the way slowly towards the treeline that you had spotted him coming out of. Reaching the treeline reveals a small path worn by frequent use. The odd captive didn't speak as he slowly moved along the path.

Within the treeline, you lose site of the hotel. Soon, only the sounds of nature and the manager's loud mouth breathing could be heard.

Seryna

Back to top Go down

Post by Sokhar Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:44 pm

Tom unconsciously hunched his shoulders a bit as they penetrated the treeline. He didn't like the situation, being about as far outside his comfort zone as was possible. But what other choice did he have? Leave Christie behind with these guys, whoever they were? He hadn't called her back in forever, but that didn't mean he could just dump her with these assholes instead. He picked up his pace and urged the manager to go faster, anxious to get to their destination.
Sokhar
Sokhar

Back to top Go down

Post by Seryna Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:15 pm

After a few moments of hustling through the trees, you come out of the tree line. There is no sign of others here.

A subterranean concrete structure, the so-called “gulag” was originally built as a warehouse for various state public works projects
and expanded for use as a fallout shelter during the early 1960s. From the outside, it’s nothing more than a rusted heavy steel door attached to a box made of mortared cinderblocks about five feet wide, seven feet high, and ten feet long sitting along a seldom-used dirt road, near some disused railroad tracks.
Everything out here is overgrown. Weeds cling to the walls of the tiny building, obscuring it almost completely from sight. You spot a dirt road- it looked as though only officials or crazy
people would risk the rough road in any car they actually valued.The road is nothing more than two grooves of dirt among the undergrowth. A rusty chain link fence surrounds the area, sporting a badly faded sign that declares: “NO TRESPASSING – POLICE TAKE NOTICE.”

As you look at the fence, you note the sturdy lock that secures the chain link fence.

"Don't look at me." The manager huffed. "Only David has the key to that thing."

Seryna

Back to top Go down

Post by Sokhar Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:57 am

"You're not doing much to endear yourself to me. Where's David?"
Sokhar
Sokhar

Back to top Go down

Post by Seryna Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:00 am

"He's the manager at the gas station." Chen replies, looking fearfully at you. "I wouldn't try to get over there now. He sees one look at me, he's going to be all over you and he is one fucked up guy."

Chen looks apprehensive at the mere idea of going to the gas station. He looks back the way you had come and cringes. "I'm good here."

Seryna

Back to top Go down

Post by Sokhar Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:43 am

So he'd just missed this David person stashing Christie inside after the manager had brought her out here? Damnit. Tom cuffed the other man in the back of the head with an open hand.

"Right, like I'm going to leave you out here by yourself. If you don't have a key then how about back there in those tunnels? Any tools, something I can use to break this lock?"
Sokhar
Sokhar

Back to top Go down

Post by Seryna Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:00 pm

"Ow! Man, I'm telling you the truth, here! Yeah, David set the tunnels up well. But David has all the keys. He might keep them at the gas station." Chen reflects after a minute.

Seryna

Back to top Go down

Post by Sokhar Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:15 pm

"I would manage to grab the most useless individual out of the three..." Tom muttered. He closed the blade of the knife and returned it to his pocket. The manager was complying, and he didn't want to accidentally stab the guy if he suddenly got squirrely.

"Ok, we're heading back to the tunnels now. While we're walking you can tell me more about this set up you have going on with the others. How many people are involved? What are you doing with the ones you take?"
Sokhar
Sokhar

Back to top Go down

Post by Seryna Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:20 pm

"Oh man..." The man shivered. "David is going to kick my ass. Look, I'll tell you. This is all getting horribly out of hand. I want out. I know Jacob does. I tell you everything- I'll take you to Jacob's, too. You just don't tell David we told you anything. In the likely event he kills you too, I'd like to still breathe." He sudenly backpedals. "Not that he's gonna kill you. It's just that- he's wrong, man. I'm real sorry what we did to your friend, but she's O.K. We help you get her out, maybe we all get the fuck out of here."

Seryna

Back to top Go down

Post by Sokhar Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:26 pm

"If she's alright, maybe I forget your face. If she's been harmed," Tom pauses, unsure of how to finish the threat. What's he know better than anything else? "She's hurt, I'm gonna set you on fire and watch you burn. Now what's David abducting people for?"
Sokhar
Sokhar

Back to top Go down

Post by Seryna Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:33 pm

"Hey, she was fine when I saw her last. I was trying to bring her some water, but that fucker David locks the gulag up so I can't get in there. I think he knows we hate this shit."

Chen starts to walk towards the tunnel. The knife is gone and it seems to have loosened his tongue. He's wiped off his bloody face and no longer is carrying on about it.

"To tell you the truth, I'm not sure. It was him and the Sheriff that got me on this. I don't want to fuck with Louis, he's the only law around these parts. I know Louis brought in the other two. Fucking convicts.

But David sets up the trucks. I think he trucks them out to other sick fucks like himself. " Chen licked his lips, glancing at you. He's on the verge of saying something, but hasn't quite mustered up the nerve.

Seryna

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum