Motor City Burning
Welcome to Motor City Burning: World of Darkness online role playing game. Due to the graphic, predatory nature of the violence and adult activities Kindred, Hunters, and the Created take part in, we require all players to be 18 years of age or older. If you are at least 18 and would like to play with us, hit the "Register" key and come on in!

Travels

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: Travels

Post by Dean on Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:52 am

"So there's three of you. By the by, nothin' sweet about torpor," Morell murmurs. He pokes around the UHaul for a minute, eyeballing the kine passengers. "This letter never said anything about two extra heads. So put yourself in my position. You're the law in Detroit. You get this high-hat letter talking about how some grand wazoo alder legal pad's coming to your town to school some nobody in etiquette. Not the end of the world, right? They get out of line you can slap the taste outta their mouth and give 'em the bums rush. That's what, thirty minutes of your time? But you're telling me that you came here with two extra heads that never showed up in the letter. That seem duplicitous to you?" The Sheriff's posture shifts. He looks impatient, but expectant.
avatar
Dean

Posts : 775
Points : 976
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2009-04-21
Age : 31
Location : A Big Massive Boat

View user profile http://motorcityburning.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Travels

Post by Seryna on Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:59 am

"Nothing duplicitous about it, sir. I did state that I am the Founder of a House. I don't go to the Salon alone, certainly not to move north to educate one of my Family. As it stands, Mr. McCairn won't be an extra mouth- nor will Alder Slade- so by the numbers, I am the only head who will be impacting the Kine.

I have taken care to bring my own herd to ensure that I make as little disruption as possible. In addition to providing our own sustenance, I also bring some resources to infuse to the Kindred in this city. In addition to training up someone in how to take directions, I will be more than happy to assist in any investigation that the citys' authorities may have. I served as Sheriff in St. Louis for two years and retain a keen respect for your predicament, Sheriff."

Seryna

Posts : 805
Points : 959
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2009-04-26
Age : 34
Location : California

View user profile http://shadowclaw.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Travels

Post by Dean on Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:14 am

"And maybe that means something to the rest of your decrepit estate, but not to me. You're petitioning me for acknowledgement along with him and sleeping beauty. And I'm hearing about this only now. Ain't just about mouths and feeding. This is my yard. I need to know numbers and turf. Comes with the job. As well you know."

Morell scrutinises the Lexus. "Let's make a deal."
avatar
Dean

Posts : 775
Points : 976
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2009-04-21
Age : 31
Location : A Big Massive Boat

View user profile http://motorcityburning.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Travels

Post by Seryna on Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:19 am

Micha doesn't argue with the Alder. He's the Sheriff and in her day, she'd locked up Kindred who had pissed her off. She should see about getting that going again-
-oh right, deal. Wandering thoughts were an affliction of her line, one she'd fought so hard to ignore. It was yet one of the reasons she needed Alexander.
The Alder followed the sheriff's gaze and frowned, making her countenance appear pained at the thought of parting with the luxury vehicle.

"What interests you, Sheriff?"

She's wondering if he's eying the herd or the car, and is certainly hoping that its the latter.

Seryna

Posts : 805
Points : 959
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2009-04-26
Age : 34
Location : California

View user profile http://shadowclaw.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Travels

Post by Dean on Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:37 am

"The Lexus gets you facetime with the Seneschal. Facetime without any mention of these surprises," the Sheriff offers with a wry smirk."That'll make a good downpayment. You want a guarantee on a place in my city, there's gonna be more costs."
avatar
Dean

Posts : 775
Points : 976
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2009-04-21
Age : 31
Location : A Big Massive Boat

View user profile http://motorcityburning.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Travels

Post by Seryna on Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:45 am

"That Lexus just left the factory. It hasn't even had its first milestone, mechanics wise... whatever that is. I do want some assurance that me and mine will be accepted, so the Lexus is certainly how I'll express my appreciation for it.

Within the Lexus, there awaits a briefcase. Perhaps its contents could assure you that we are reasonable citizens to accept in your city."

Seryna

Posts : 805
Points : 959
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2009-04-26
Age : 34
Location : California

View user profile http://shadowclaw.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Travels

Post by Dean on Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:57 am

"Alright, I'll bite."

Morell fishes the briefcase out, batting aside the waiting herd.

"Outta my car, meat."

He looks up at Micha.

"You know value on these tanks as soon as they're off the showroom?" he asks, matter-of-factly as he pops open the briefcase.

"How much is this?"
avatar
Dean

Posts : 775
Points : 976
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2009-04-21
Age : 31
Location : A Big Massive Boat

View user profile http://motorcityburning.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Travels

Post by Seryna on Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:03 am

Micha makes a quick hand motion at the herd, waving them over to Uhaul.

She walks around the Lexus, walking to a comfortable speaking distance to the Sheriff. "Concerned with depreciation?" Micha proposes. "The travelers checks were for 500. The cash within middling around 2,500. Ran through a legitimate business, nothing in there is over fifty years old or any of that nonsense."

Seryna

Posts : 805
Points : 959
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2009-04-26
Age : 34
Location : California

View user profile http://shadowclaw.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Travels

Post by Dean on Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:18 am

"Not all the money in the world... but it'll do," Morell nodded, critically. He points to the refugee herd. "Here's how this'll go. The herd rides in the van. You both get in the UHaul with grandfather Eclipse. Any questions?"
avatar
Dean

Posts : 775
Points : 976
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2009-04-21
Age : 31
Location : A Big Massive Boat

View user profile http://motorcityburning.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Travels

Post by Seryna on Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:26 am

"No, Sheriff." Micha replied neutrally. "A fine course of action." A quick hand gesture had the herd complying. "You with us." She directed the ghouls into the back of the UHaul. As she carried out the mundane task of sorting chattel, she wondered at precisely what sort of deal this was going to be.

2010-07-04 06:25:14 Micha Chappelle rolled 4 dice to "politics" 1,10,1,9,8 (3 successes)


Seryna

Posts : 805
Points : 959
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2009-04-26
Age : 34
Location : California

View user profile http://shadowclaw.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Travels

Post by Dean on Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:44 am

Micha knows that the Seneschal, like most of this city's ruling body is largely unaligned. A burly man gets out of the back of Morell's van and commandeers the Lexus while Morell makes a call. Morell closes the uHaul and nothing happens for a few minutes. Then you feel movement as the Lexus lurches forward.
avatar
Dean

Posts : 775
Points : 976
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2009-04-21
Age : 31
Location : A Big Massive Boat

View user profile http://motorcityburning.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Travels

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum