Motor City Burning
Welcome to Motor City Burning: World of Darkness online role playing game. Due to the graphic, predatory nature of the violence and adult activities Kindred, Hunters, and the Created take part in, we require all players to be 18 years of age or older. If you are at least 18 and would like to play with us, hit the "Register" key and come on in!

Travels

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Travels

Post by Seryna on Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:05 am



Two young men drive down the road, a walkie talkie resting beside them. These young men drive two very different vehicles. One man drives a U- Haul at a steady pace with a brunnette woman as his passenger. Behind him, Linc drives a mid size car, an average Honda in good repair. A woman is also his passenger, glancing at an atlas. A fifth member is unseen, already in place within the jostling UHaul and its precious cargo.

Seryna

Posts : 805
Points : 959
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2009-04-26
Age : 34
Location : California

View user profile http://shadowclaw.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Travels

Post by Dean on Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:22 am

As the miniature convoy gets deeper and deeper into the outskirts of South West Detroit, Micha's retainers notice the quality of the road deteriorate. It's coming up to midnight and the sound of hard rain pounding against the UHaul grates on its cargo's supercharged senses.
avatar
Dean

Posts : 775
Points : 976
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2009-04-21
Age : 31
Location : A Big Massive Boat

View user profile http://motorcityburning.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Travels

Post by Seryna on Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:48 pm


"Lincoln, pull ahead of the U Haul," Micha advised Linc via the walkie talkie. "- drive ahead to check out the condition of the road further ahead. Maninder, proceed carefully. Reduce speed if you have to."

The Mekhet turned to her passenger who sat on the other side of the large box shape in the shadowy U Haul. Pieces of vital furniture and items they hadn't wanted to leave behind surround them.
"Have any thoughts on the meeting place?" She checked her cell phone, sharing the text.
u&assets at1966 brewster st- 2am

Seryna

Posts : 805
Points : 959
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2009-04-26
Age : 34
Location : California

View user profile http://shadowclaw.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Travels

Post by ricohard on Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:54 pm

Alexander sat absolutely still and considered the map that he had memorised "Not sure, its not a major street, probably somewhere off and private.." he says calmly and quietly "The sort of place where one can deal with problems without being overheard."

ricohard

Posts : 21
Points : 21
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-06-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Travels

Post by Seryna on Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:59 pm

"Good on one hand." Micha replied. "But I hate the idea of all of our eggs in one basket. All of our assets? Sound like he might be evaluating and taking a cut."

Micha frowns.

Seryna

Posts : 805
Points : 959
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2009-04-26
Age : 34
Location : California

View user profile http://shadowclaw.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Travels

Post by ricohard on Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:03 pm

"indeed, a cut or cuts..." he says flattly "Nothing major nearby other than a school," he says recalling the maps he studied.

ricohard

Posts : 21
Points : 21
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-06-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Travels

Post by Seryna on Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:05 pm

"There's nothing saying we have to put all our eggs in one basket. Garreth especially shouldn't be prone to some inspection in his condition. You and I could take the car and most of the herd and one of the associates to the meeting. Gillian can park Garreths' Uhaul nearby. If whoever this is wants to meet him, we can take him over to him. I don't want to parade him around."

Seryna

Posts : 805
Points : 959
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2009-04-26
Age : 34
Location : California

View user profile http://shadowclaw.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Travels

Post by Dean on Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:27 am

By the time the party reach the rendezvous point they have an hour before the meeting. The location is indeed discreet. It's a wasteland in fact. Sickly vegetation seeps out of cracked asphalt in clumps as tall as your knee. The neighbouring school is derelict: a squat, dusty block, some of the boards nailed across its windows have been torn out, leaving dark gashes, like sets of gouged out eyes. The lot opposite contains a set of defunct cabling structures, standing in the downpour like rusted over tree skeletons.

You hear yelling in the distance and at one point the unmistakable sound of gunshots. The noise levels off after that, leaving only the sound of the rain. Somewhere in the distance you can smell smouldering wood, but up close the petrichor from the runoff fills your nose.

Spoiler:
2010-07-04 02:01:30 Micha Chappelle rolled 3 dice to "Wits + comp - 3" 9,9,9 (3 successes) Link
2010-07-04 02:00:30 Alexander McCairn rolled 2 dice to "Wits Comp" 3,10,8 (2 successes)

Each of you notices a man in the distance, walking past every ten minutes or so, moving his mouth as though speaking to someone. He's of small stature and swaddled in a windbreaker, hood pulled tight over his head. Twice on his rounds, he throws a purposeful look in your direction.

Spoiler:
2010-07-04 02:05:27 Micha Chappelle rolled 3 dice to "wits + streetwise" 2,10,8,2 (2 successes)

Micha notices that the side-streets have been plugged up with junk fashioned into makeshift barricades, likely a measure taken by local cornerboys to force police pursuit to occur on foot. This blocks escape in the car except for the way they came.

Spoiler:
2010-07-04 02:20:54 Micha Chappelle rolled 3 dice to "wits + streetwise" 6,4,8 (1 successes)

Micha notices tagging over the cheap boards covering the windows of an abandoned building. HORRORSHOW and sLAUGHTERhouse cross over the municipal "IF ANIMAL TRAPPED CALL..." She recognises the tagging as a signature of Haunt territory, possibly Carthian given the typography...
avatar
Dean

Posts : 775
Points : 976
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2009-04-21
Age : 31
Location : A Big Massive Boat

View user profile http://motorcityburning.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Travels

Post by Seryna on Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:37 am

"Every one stay calm." Micha directs the ghouls as the gun shots sound. "We're not in sleepy Salem any more."

She has exited the Uhaul by this point and chooses to sit up front, directing Lincoln to stand at the rear of the Uhaul, walkie in hand. The herd was to sit in the Lexus. Lexus probably wasn't good in this town, ought to ditch that ASAP. She ebt they'd have help in that department.

She pointed out the signs and murmured her uncertainty with only one way in. They were new, and she didn't like being caged in.

Seryna

Posts : 805
Points : 959
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2009-04-26
Age : 34
Location : California

View user profile http://shadowclaw.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Travels

Post by ricohard on Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:48 am

Alexander shifted and faded away in the shadows of the Uhaul. He knew his greatest aid in combat came from the bonus of surprise. He laid one hand carefully on the most precious cargo and waited letting his senses expand slowly and carefully.

ricohard

Posts : 21
Points : 21
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-06-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Travels

Post by Dean on Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:12 am

The windbreaker man's rounds stop and within the minute a white van reverses in your path. A barrel-chested figure hops out and approaches Micha's car. He knocks sharply on the drivers window, gesturing to empty the car. The man's shorter than average, wearing a filthy, jagged grin. He's unkempt, with craggy features and distressed hair. The feral glint in his eyes complete the impression that this figure was embraced after several months in the hole. He produces a large cigar from his coat pocket and proceeds to systematically crush it between thumb and forefinger, sniffing the wreckage as he motions you all out.

"Out the fucking car. Now."

His voice is haggard and heavy, like the rain.

BP 6
avatar
Dean

Posts : 775
Points : 976
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2009-04-21
Age : 31
Location : A Big Massive Boat

View user profile http://motorcityburning.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Travels

Post by Seryna on Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:17 am

Micha frowns, staring at the gruff man for a beat. She isn't used to being spoken to in that matter, and she doesn't like it at all.

"I assume you are the originator of the text message to meet you here?" She makes a point of looking around, assuring that no kine have stumbled in since her initial assessment.
"I am Lady Notary Micha Chappelle, Alder of the Mekhet. I sent a letter of my arrival." She prompts, a reminder that she wasn't some punk poacher who was caught with his teeth in the Prince's meat.

Seryna

Posts : 805
Points : 959
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2009-04-26
Age : 34
Location : California

View user profile http://shadowclaw.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Travels

Post by ricohard on Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:27 am

Alexander waited, listening, ready to move as and when micha did. He considered revealing himself but decided to wait, the man's taint was strong and the last thing that this needed to be was more trouble.

ricohard

Posts : 21
Points : 21
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-06-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Travels

Post by Dean on Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:32 am

The streets are deserted. The man stares you down with open contempt, grinding away at the cigar, letting its remnants wash over the cracked streets. He produces a crumpled letter. Your letter. "None of that means shit here, lady. Least of all to me. I'm Sheriff here, and you're nobody. You sent this?"
avatar
Dean

Posts : 775
Points : 976
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2009-04-21
Age : 31
Location : A Big Massive Boat

View user profile http://motorcityburning.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Travels

Post by Seryna on Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:34 am

"I did send that." Micha affirmed, deciding to get this unpleasant exchange over with as quickly as possible. "I have come at the request of my Family. I have, as you requested, brought my assets, Sheriff."

Seryna

Posts : 805
Points : 959
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2009-04-26
Age : 34
Location : California

View user profile http://shadowclaw.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Travels

Post by ricohard on Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:35 am

Alexander sighed slightly to himself, if they were all going to be like this it might make sense for them to keep going, Toronto might not be an option but there was always Montreal, he still remembered a few words of french from those early lessons back in secondary school

ricohard

Posts : 21
Points : 21
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-06-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Travels

Post by Dean on Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:43 am

"Right, you think my city does Au Pair visas." the Sheriff answers tersely, looking over all the mini-convoy. He scans the letter. "I'll level with you here. You rolled on into raw circumstance. You prob'ly knew that though, right?"
avatar
Dean

Posts : 775
Points : 976
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2009-04-21
Age : 31
Location : A Big Massive Boat

View user profile http://motorcityburning.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Travels

Post by Seryna on Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:45 am

"Better than letting my relation cause trouble for you and yours." Micha replied calmly. "The gun shots gave us a nice 'not in sleepy Salem any more' feeling. What's the damage?"

Seryna

Posts : 805
Points : 959
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2009-04-26
Age : 34
Location : California

View user profile http://shadowclaw.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Travels

Post by Dean on Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:54 am

"My guess? Some yo just got chalked. The predator-prey ratio just went south in the prey column. So taking in another mouth to feed just became a dumber thing for me to do. Now I could give a fuck if your relation wears the wrong colour sash to a 'Vic soiree. They make any trouble for the city and I got no problem settling that. What can you do to make me feel good about having you around my yard?"
avatar
Dean

Posts : 775
Points : 976
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2009-04-21
Age : 31
Location : A Big Massive Boat

View user profile http://motorcityburning.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Travels

Post by ricohard on Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:00 am

He rolled his eyes. it always came down to personal greed sooner or later. He sighed and shivered shifting in his seat, always the greasing of palms.

ricohard

Posts : 21
Points : 21
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-06-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Travels

Post by Seryna on Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:06 am

"I can certainly understand your concern. I would like to alleviate your fears about weighing our feeding against your already strained city. The first aspect is that I prefer to cultivate and feed from herd." Micha turns and points to the two women and the Indian man sitting in the Lexus. "I've brought some of the Houses' herd with us. The latter reason that we won't strain the kine is because my Brother who travels here with me does not feed from Kine."

Micha turned back towards the Uhaul. "Mr. McCairn, please come make the Sheriff's acquaintance."

She faced the Sheriff. "We were concerned that you were another form of welcoming party, initially."

Seryna

Posts : 805
Points : 959
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2009-04-26
Age : 34
Location : California

View user profile http://shadowclaw.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Travels

Post by ricohard on Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:07 am

He shrugs, and drops the cloak moving out so that he can be seen and see directly "Indeed." He looks at the Sheriff with a raised eye brow.

ricohard

Posts : 21
Points : 21
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-06-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Travels

Post by Dean on Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:24 am

"Y'know, I hear that a lot on a welcome committee. 'I don't do kine'." He eyes up McCairn, beast pulsing like a furnace, disbelief washing over his lined face. "You eyefucking me?" He looks at Micha, affecting pantomime indignation. "Is he eyefucking me?"

The sheriff pauses, letting the silence creep in... only to break it with a mean-spirited chuckle.

"Seriously though, rein that shit in unless you wanna see gladiator country, son. What else we got here?" The Sheriff wanders around the vehicles, looking them over.
avatar
Dean

Posts : 775
Points : 976
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2009-04-21
Age : 31
Location : A Big Massive Boat

View user profile http://motorcityburning.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Travels

Post by ricohard on Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:27 am

"I Don't. IN the last fourty years I have fed only once from Kine." he says simply "When I was dragging my prince from the burning ruins of a Crone attempt to kill him." he says trying and failing to hide the wince that the memory gave him.

ricohard

Posts : 21
Points : 21
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-06-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Travels

Post by Seryna on Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:30 am

Micha turns to Alexander when the sheriff walks away. She knew he hated recalling that night- mostly because of all the pain it had caused.

Spoiler:

2010-07-04 04:26:07 Micha Chappelle rolled 10 dice to "Telepathy" 5,4,9,4,4,4,6,10,8,10,10,1,6 (5 successes)
We should probably get this over with quick, Alexander, without making the Sheriff think we are- ugh. What he said. I hate having Garreth out here like this... Her concerns shared, she begins to speak.
"Our Founder in Sweet Torpor, for some decades more, I regret to say. "

Her tension amps as the Sheriff nears the UHaul. "We've brought what we need for a comfortable Danse. We won't be pulling Kine for servants or the like."

Seryna

Posts : 805
Points : 959
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2009-04-26
Age : 34
Location : California

View user profile http://shadowclaw.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Travels

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum