Motor City Burning
Welcome to Motor City Burning: World of Darkness online role playing game. Due to the graphic, predatory nature of the violence and adult activities Kindred, Hunters, and the Created take part in, we require all players to be 18 years of age or older. If you are at least 18 and would like to play with us, hit the "Register" key and come on in!

The ring

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The ring

Post by Seryna on Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:44 pm

Liam Tonge:
166 | 06/28/2010 4:34 pm Liam sighed. "Well, we killed the Italian, but we found some from his boss that said something about him being on some kind of mission. I also found some stuff that could probably help us out with some of the specifics."
Greg:
152 | 06/28/2010 4:35 pm Greg ponders a bit. "Ahh another damned soul returned to the depths of hell. Good." He sounds pleased. "What sort of mission was he on?"

Liam Tonge:
166 | 06/28/2010 4:37 pm "Well he was going across the country, delivering some kind of ring."
Greg:
152 | 06/28/2010 4:37 pm Greg ponders a bit. "Not the ring we found him carrying at the library was it?"
Doc:
3 | 06/28/2010 4:38 pm Doc had answered the proffessors call in his normal gruff tone and headed out. He'd only just got back from a cross country trip to help a bunch of union men down south out. He stopped his truck a short distance from the hall and slipped out heading towards it with a glance down the street as he went.
Liam Tonge:
166 | 06/28/2010 4:38 pm Liam shrugged. "I don't know. They didn't really describe the ring. I didn't find any other rings in the car though, so it might be it."
Storyteller:
138 | 06/28/2010 4:39 pm [welcome back, Rico]
Greg:
152 | 06/28/2010 4:41 pm "So...you retreived the ring right?"
Liam Tonge:
166 | 06/28/2010 4:43 pm "Nope."
Greg:
152 | 06/28/2010 4:45 pm Greg looks a little perplexed. "So, who does have it then?"
Liam Tonge:
166 | 06/28/2010 4:47 pm Liam stroked his chin. "Well, I did see him take it off at the library before he went unconscious."
Storyteller:
138 | 06/28/2010 4:48 pm "Doc," Doctor Hollandale greets him with surprise as she heads towards the Hall. " Its good to see you. The south union doing well, now? You've missed some action here, today."
Greg:
152 | 06/28/2010 4:49 pm "Who now? Was it that guy who was mouthing off to me?"
Liam Tonge:
166 | 06/28/2010 4:50 pm "Let's see. Uh, it was me, you, Dave, Chrissy, and that guy who was mouthing off to you. So, it's him if not Chrissy."
Greg:
152 | 06/28/2010 4:53 pm Greg rubs his chin, lost in thought for a slight moment. He looks over to Chrissy and Doc for a moment then back to Liam. "Alright well we'll have to track him down then and get the ring back so we can destroy it." A moments pause and a glance. "Do you have a fix on where the vampire's master is located?"
Doc:
3 | 06/28/2010 4:54 pm He nodded to Hollandale "They're getting better but they ain't got the brains." he says with a shrug at the mention that he had missed the danger "Anyone hurt?"
Liam Tonge:
166 | 06/28/2010 4:55 pm "No, just a letter from his boss and some stuff showing the hotel's he's stayed at. There's some other stuff I found that might help find his master."
Liam Tonge:
166 | 06/28/2010 4:56 pm "I don't know. Here." Liam shows Greg all the evidence he's gathered from the vampire.
Greg:
152 | 06/28/2010 4:57 pm Greg nods his head. "Maybe we could see if Zen and her team could head that up. I really don't have time for a cross country trip right now. There's just too much work to do here in Salem for me."
Storyteller:
138 | 06/28/2010 4:57 pm "Lets head inside." She leads him within.
Liam Tonge:
166 | 06/28/2010 4:57 pm Liam nods. "I understand."
Liam Tonge:
166 | 06/28/2010 4:58 pm Liam stuffs the evidence back into his pockets.
Management:
0 | 06/28/2010 5:00 pm Welcome, Zoey to the Territories
Storyteller:
138 | 06/28/2010 5:00 pm Doctor Hollandale leads Doc within. "That was exciting." She stated. "I lost you when you went to University. But everything worked out O.k.?"
Liam Tonge:
166 | 06/28/2010 5:00 pm "I got a photo of us destroying the vampire. Think Lily will accept this?" Liam whispers to Greg
Storyteller:
138 | 06/28/2010 5:01 pm [so, Zoey--- would you like to sneak into a vampire mystery?]
Greg:
152 | 06/28/2010 5:01 pm Greg gives Liam this look that says...keep your dam mouth shut. without actually saying the words.
Zoey:
158 | 06/28/2010 5:02 pm ((Works for me. Give me an entrance to work with))
Storyteller:
138 | 06/28/2010 5:05 pm As Zoey had been working with her new friend, she became aware that he was going to have to head out of town. She could still stay at the place, of course, house sit sort of deal. Yet it appeared she would be on her own as far as discovering Emily's whereabouts. As she was adjusting to this, elsewhere, Chrissy Hollandale received a text message about her presence in the city. "Just a moment." Chrissy said, excusing herself from the men to step aside and read her text. Brightening, she sent out a text to the disclosed number. Hello, Zoey. I've just heard that you could use a helpful hand in your hobby. Care to meet some fellow hobbyists?
Doc:
3 | 06/28/2010 5:06 pm "As far as I know." he says with a shrug looking around at the new faces.
Storyteller:
138 | 06/28/2010 5:07 pm [Oh, side note]
Storyteller:
138 | 06/28/2010 5:08 pm [The hotels are for upcoming dates for future reservations. Tomorrow night and the next]
Storyteller:
138 | 06/28/2010 5:09 pm (Whisper to Dave) here?
Zoey:
158 | 06/28/2010 5:09 pm (Whisper to Storyteller) Beep beep. Beep beep. The hell? Zoey pulled out her phone, seeing the text message. It was from an unfamiliar number. After reading it, she was even more disturbed. 'Hobby.' That was a dead giveaway, but it also might be a trap. She hadn't worked with anybody other than her brothers and the one person she had met here. It might be a trap - but who had figured it out, and how? Well. The best way to avoid a trap... She returned the message. 'Sure. Where at?'
Zoey:
158 | 06/28/2010 5:11 pm Beep beep. Beep beep. The hell? Zoey pulled out her phone, seeing the text message. It was from an unfamiliar number. After reading it, she was even more disturbed. 'Hobby.' That was a dead giveaway, but it also might be a trap. She hadn't worked with anybody other than her brothers and the one person she had met here. It might be a trap - but who had figured it out, and how? Well. The best way to avoid a trap... She returned the message. 'Sure. Where at?'
Storyteller:
138 | 06/28/2010 5:12 pm Chrissy checked her message and replied with speed, wasting her surgeons' skill with texting. We're having a meeting, currently. I'll meet you nearby and introduce you. How about the Pizza Hut on Washington? I'll be the blonde in the Benz.
Storyteller:
138 | 06/28/2010 5:14 pm Chrissy glanced up at the guys. "You're all tense and quiet. You going to fill Doc in on whats' happened? He's pretty good with vampires."
Zoey:
158 | 06/28/2010 5:16 pm 'Be there in ten.' The response was fast; technology was her suit, after all. Zoey grabbed her backpack, stuffing her laptop into it, along with her lighter and hairspray. Retrieving her rosary, she dropped it around her neck, tucking it into the shirt. Slinging the backpack over her shoulder, she began her walk, plugging headphones into her phone and playing some music as she walked.
Storyteller:
138 | 06/28/2010 5:17 pm "OK, I just got a bead that theres a new hunter in town. New and young to boot. I'm going to go meet her." She glanced around. "You guys good?"
Greg:
152 | 06/28/2010 5:17 pm Greg nods his head. "Yes we're fine."
Greg:
152 | 06/28/2010 5:18 pm (runs off to do something with fam be back later. afk for now)
Storyteller:
138 | 06/28/2010 5:18 pm "Alright. Be back in a bit... and I hope you're more talkative then. Liams' pockets are about to burst." Chrissy observed with a smile. The blonde headed to her Benz and departed for the Pizza Hut two blocks down.
Liam Tonge:
166 | 06/28/2010 5:20 pm Liam shrugged and approached Doc to fill him in. "Well, a bunch of us were at the library when we see this Italian guy, who's got a bunch of books on Ancient Rome and he's shaking like a junky. Plus he's wearing this weird ring" Liam takes a deep breathe and continues on with the story.
Zoey:
158 | 06/28/2010 5:20 pm When Zoey got to the Pizza Hut, her first response was to locate her contact, although she didn't approach or even make more than a cursory glance at the Benz. Instead she kept walking, bouncing her head to the music - which was no longer playing. Her eyes wandered, apparently taking in the sights. Said sights being nearby windows, other people, specifically looking for anyone watching her contact, or anything else suspicious as she walked straight by the Pizza Hut her first time around.
Storyteller:
138 | 06/28/2010 5:21 pm The Pizza Hut was doing good business. Dr. Hollandale walked inside and picked up a group pack- some pizza, some soda, some bread sticks. The Hall was supposed to be the safe place to meet, after all, not so tense. The Doctor left a good tip and carried the junk food to her car. She paused outside of her car, glancing around for the 'young techie girl'. What a good description, she thought sarcastically.
Zoey:
158 | 06/28/2010 5:22 pm (Whisper to Storyteller) (( Anything suspicious? Very Happy ))
Storyteller:
138 | 06/28/2010 5:22 pm (Whisper to Zoey) (Just teenagers eating way too much junk!]
Liam Tonge:
166 | 06/28/2010 5:22 pm "So, he sees this girl get a paper cut and he practically leaps on her and bites her in the neck. We knock him out, they take him on an ambulance, which he ends up stealing when he wakes up. Anyway, he manages to get to his car, but then we turn him into a pile of ashes. Then I found he's got a letter about some important mission about delivery a ring."
Zoey:
158 | 06/28/2010 5:25 pm Well.... looked good so far. Might as well take the plunge. Zoey crossed the street, circling back to the parking lot. She kept the headphones on as she moved towards the Benz. Well, this seemed like the right person, the one glancing around for someone. She smiled and lifted her hand in a half-wave
Doc:
3 | 06/28/2010 5:27 pm He nods "Sounds like a corpse to me." he says with a shake of his head "Sketchy one though, they're usually highly picky about being sneaky about their feeding. One of the things that makes'em hard to track." he says with a frown "ash is good though."
Storyteller:
138 | 06/28/2010 5:28 pm "Hello!" The Doctor greeted with a smile. "I'm Dr. Hollandale. A bit of the contact person. A lot of the guys are too gruff to answer your questions." She smiles. "Want to sit in the car, have some pizza and I'll answer your questions?"
Liam Tonge:
166 | 06/28/2010 5:30 pm "The two important things are that I've seen the guy who probably took the ring and I got a list of places he was supposed to go and where he was supposed to be at the hotel."
Liam Tonge:
166 | 06/28/2010 5:30 pm *where=when*
Zoey:
158 | 06/28/2010 5:30 pm Zoey smiled in return. "Doctor. I'm Zoey Taggart." She popped the headphones out of her ears, stuffing them into her pocket. Car.... yeah... well. Risks. "Sure, the car sounds good. It's a pretty nice ride." She moved over to the passenger door, waiting for the Doctor's signal before popping the door open and sliding in, shifting her backpack to sit in her lap as she did.
Liam Tonge:
166 | 06/28/2010 5:33 pm (brb)
Storyteller:
138 | 06/28/2010 5:34 pm "Thanks. Its one of the few luxuries I like to indulge in." The Doc replied as she slid inside and opened Zoey's door for her. The car remains off and she doesn't lock Zoey within the vehicle. "Well, my contact was a bit lazy tonight." She confided. "All that I heard was that you were new, alone, and 'techie'." The Dr. indicated her exasperation.
Zoey:
158 | 06/28/2010 5:38 pm Zoey shrugged. "It's about right. I make things, I fix things. And I find information." She flipped her hair back a little, then smiled over at the Doctor. "And you are a doctor of...?"
Storyteller:
138 | 06/28/2010 5:39 pm "M.D." The blonde responds easily. "I am a surgeon at Salem General. Let me explain a bit of what I do." The Doctor stated. "Besides patching you up without hospital records, I can connect you with a group who can help you hunt the monsters. We're called 'the Union', and that's basically what we do. We look out for each other, keep the neighborhood safe and make sure every one has enough to make it through to next payday."
Doc:
3 | 06/28/2010 5:40 pm He nods "not a bad set of info, you got any leads on what the ring does?" he asks
Liam Tonge:
166 | 06/28/2010 5:45 pm (back)
Liam Tonge:
166 | 06/28/2010 5:48 pm Liam smiles. "Thank you. Not sure what the ring does, but the description of it did make it sound pretty ominous. And I think some weird stuff happens if you take a photo of it."
Management:
0 | 06/28/2010 5:49 pm Welcome, Dave to the Territories
Dave:
163 | 06/28/2010 5:49 pm (internet flipped out, sorry)
Doc:
3 | 06/28/2010 5:51 pm "always the way." he says with a chuckle "If what we stood against was easily taken pics of it wouldn't stay in the dark."

Zoey:
158 | 06/28/2010 5:52 pm (( Sorry had to play host for a minute ))
Storyteller:
138 | 06/28/2010 5:52 pm [wb Dave]
Storyteller:
138 | 06/28/2010 5:52 pm [np. my internet just freakedout]
Liam Tonge:
166 | 06/28/2010 5:53 pm "I'm not talking about the guy. Yeah, the guy shows up all blurry. But there seemed to be something going on with the ring itself."
Doc:
3 | 06/28/2010 5:55 pm "oh?" he asks curtly.
Zoey:
158 | 06/28/2010 5:56 pm Ah, well she was at least forward. "Good to know. I'm not a big 'join a giant group of people' kind of girl. It just seems like that would draw undue attention." She frowned. "But having a bit of backing may not be a bad idea. I'd at least like to make some contacts." Zoey relaxed visibly. "Anyway, like I said - I build things, and I fix things. I'm actually without a job right now, being new to town." She didn't bring up her age for the time.
Liam Tonge:
166 | 06/28/2010 6:00 pm "Yeah. Here take a look." Liam shows Doc the photo of the ring from his digital camera. The ring is surrounded by translucent gray orbs.
Storyteller:
138 | 06/28/2010 6:02 pm "Well, we could use some help at the Hall." Chrissy replied. "Becca and I usually run the place, but I've had to cut back my hours recently. If you are good with computers, maybe you could help us with our encryption. Becca and I are mostly just keeping the real important files away from a modem... well,would you like to meet the guys? I left them discussing a big event that happened at the University."
Doc:
3 | 06/28/2010 6:02 pm He takes the photo and looks over it carefully "Sure theres no problem with the camera?" he asks excluding the basic problems.
Liam Tonge:
166 | 06/28/2010 6:03 pm "It worked fine before."
Zoey:
158 | 06/28/2010 6:04 pm Zoey nodded. "Yeah, I can do computer stuff. I'm not the best, but I'm pretty alright." She tilted her head a little. "Sure, I'll meet 'the guys.' Anything I should be worried about?" Other than the gawking. Zoey was used to that part.
Doc:
3 | 06/28/2010 6:06 pm He nods "doesn't look like anything I've seen before but looks like its definately something."
Storyteller:
138 | 06/28/2010 6:06 pm "No, nothing to worry about. We tend to discuss everything at the Hall- Crawford had it blessed by a priest or something, so it seems to not attract anything weird. Its' done up like a local Union to fool the locals." Dr. Hollandale started up the car. "Doc, Liam, Dave and Greg are there right now.."
Greg:
152 | 06/28/2010 6:08 pm (back)
Dave:
163 | 06/28/2010 6:08 pm "How much cash was in the envelope?" Dave asks.
Zoey:
158 | 06/28/2010 6:08 pm Zoey pushed the backpack to her feet, pulling the seatbelt across her and buckling it. "What type of priest?"
Liam Tonge:
166 | 06/28/2010 6:09 pm Liam takes out the cash reluctantly. "Don't know. I didn't count it." He counts the cash.
Storyteller:
138 | 06/28/2010 6:11 pm "Oh, our sort." The doctor replied. "She's in another Order of the Hunt. She can do some very odd things." After a few moments, Dr. Hollandale pulled up in front of a hall that looked very similiar to a volunteer fire department- one large room and a small office in the front. Chrissy led Zoe around to the main room where four men were in discussion. "Every one, this is Zoe." She introduced.
Dave:
163 | 06/28/2010 6:11 pm "Lemme see."
Greg:
152 | 06/28/2010 6:12 pm "The ring will have to be destroyed, I think there is no room for debate on that point. Our first priority has to be locating the civilian who left the scene with it." Greg returns to the hall after a lenghty phone conversation with Pastor Mike.
Dave:
163 | 06/28/2010 6:13 pm "Hold up. What? You're just gonna destroy the ring?"
Greg:
152 | 06/28/2010 6:13 pm He eyes the new comer with his usual grim and brooding demeanor.
Storyteller:
138 | 06/28/2010 6:13 pm As Dave rifled through the money clip, he was forced to count it twice to ensure he hadn't simply counted some bills twice. After several moments, it was clear that there was 100$ in twenties and 1000$ in fifties.
Zoey:
158 | 06/28/2010 6:13 pm Zoey smiled at the group, raising her hand in a half wave. The doctor had missed her point of questioning what kind of priest, but still. She could find out later. For now, she awaited any kind of hello from the assembled.

Greg:
152 | 06/28/2010 6:14 pm Greg looks at Dave suspiciously. "You have a better suggestion?"
Storyteller:
138 | 06/28/2010 6:16 pm "well, at least we're talking now." The Doctor said dryly to Zoe. "We dispatched of a vampire who had a ring in his possession." She turned back to the men, glancing amongst them. "We care about the ring, why?"
Liam Tonge:
166 | 06/28/2010 6:17 pm Liam turns to Zoey. "Hello."
Dave:
163 | 06/28/2010 6:18 pm "It might be worth something."
Greg:
152 | 06/28/2010 6:18 pm Greg looks to Liam. "You said that was the item this vampire was transporting? Clearly it must be of some importance to them." The Deacon nods his head to the new comer.
Doc:
3 | 06/28/2010 6:18 pm "Something like that, its going to carry some sort of power." He says with a nod to greg "Its the sort of thing that starts cascades of problems if it isn't dealt with." He looks over to Zoey and glances over her before nodding once.
Storyteller:
138 | 06/28/2010 6:18 pm "This cheery man is Greg." The Doctor indicated Greg, a man who was a bit heavy. "Dave." She indicated another man who was also more hefty than most. "Liam and Doc..."
Zoey:
158 | 06/28/2010 6:20 pm Zoey finally spoke. "Hi." She nodded to each as they were introduced, and then it was straight to business. Vampires... this was new for her. But. "Well, the ring could be important for any number of reasons. It might be good to find out where it came from." She smiled again. "Do we have the ring here? Or... at least someone who got a good enough look at it?"
Dave:
163 | 06/28/2010 6:21 pm "Maybe in Middle-Earth," Dave scoffed. "But more likely, it's an antique. I say get it appraised before you throw it in Mount Doom or whatever the fuck your plan is."
Liam Tonge:
166 | 06/28/2010 6:21 pm "I don't know, it could. Oh, one more thing. It seemed to somehow cause him pain, when he took it off."
Greg:
152 | 06/28/2010 6:22 pm "I just want to know the name of the guy that took it. Did anyone get his name?" Greg looks around.
Storyteller:
138 | 06/28/2010 6:23 pm "Really?" Chrissy shook her head. "He introduced himself as Professor Donaldson."
Liam Tonge:
166 | 06/28/2010 6:25 pm "Wow, that was easier than I thought." said Liam in relief.
Greg:
152 | 06/28/2010 6:25 pm The fat deacon nods his head. "Alright, I suppose he shouldn't be too hard to track down."
Zoey:
158 | 06/28/2010 6:26 pm Zoey shrugged. Well, so much for having friends. Not only was her input disregarded, but it was as if she had never even spoken. She might be better off on her own, after all.
Dave:
163 | 06/28/2010 6:27 pm (you ought to be ashamed of yourselves)
Zoey:
158 | 06/28/2010 6:27 pm (( xD ))
Storyteller:
138 | 06/28/2010 6:28 pm [ Razz ]
Doc:
3 | 06/28/2010 6:28 pm He shrugs "I've seen worse, mostly with Witchfolk." he looks to Zoey "sorry, they only just caught me up too. Seems someone took off with it, probebly nothing but a loose end but might spiral if not dealt with." he says before turning his attention back to the bickering bunch of green horns.
Storyteller:
138 | 06/28/2010 6:28 pm "In other news..." The doctor smiled, looking to Zoe. "How long have you been in town, Zoe? Have you hit on anything interesting?"
Storyteller:
138 | 06/28/2010 6:34 pm "Actually..." The Doctor glanced towards Zoey. "Didn't you mention something about information before? Perhaps you could help the guys find the ring so that it can be melted down or hawked."
Zoey:
158 | 06/28/2010 6:35 pm "Not too long. And, yes, I have." Zoey set the backpack down, pulling the laptop out and booting it up. "My first day here, I came across a very pleasant woman." Password typing. She had uploaded the information she had gotten via contacts and the picture she had taken of Emily Gillen onto the laptop. First, the phone picture. "This is a picture of her." She was almost translucent. "Aannnd..." Click. Click. Taptaptap on the keyboard. "A picture of her prior to being gunned down by police." She leaned back. "Nobody answered my other question about the ring, though. Did anyone get a good look at it? See anything noticeable about it? Symbols, gemstone, description, anything?" Yay multitasking.
Liam Tonge:
166 | 06/28/2010 6:36 pm "Well, I took a photo of it."
Zoey:
158 | 06/28/2010 6:37 pm "Perfect!" Now they were getting somewhere. "Can I see it?"
Doc:
3 | 06/28/2010 6:38 pm Doc hands her the photograph that he'd been studying without a word.
Liam Tonge:
166 | 06/28/2010 6:38 pm Liam shows the photo of the ring on the digital camera to the girl. There seem to be translucent gray orbs around the ring.
Liam Tonge:
166 | 06/28/2010 6:38 pm (The photo's on the camera.)
Zoey:
158 | 06/28/2010 6:41 pm (( Digital picture, yes? ))
Liam Tonge:
166 | 06/28/2010 6:41 pm (Yes.)
Zoey:
158 | 06/28/2010 6:42 pm "May I see the SD card for a moment?"
Liam Tonge:
166 | 06/28/2010 6:43 pm "I guess. There were some guys I was hoping could take a look at the ring. Mind e-mailing it to me when you're done?"
Greg:
152 | 06/28/2010 6:43 pm Greg ponders a bit as he thinks about things. "Those hotel rooms are going to have to be searched soon. Any volunteers?"
Liam Tonge:
166 | 06/28/2010 6:43 pm Liam hands over the SD card.
Management:
0 | 06/28/2010 6:44 pm Welcome, Riley Donaldson to the Territories
Zoey:
158 | 06/28/2010 6:45 pm "Yeah, no problem." She takes the card, inserting it into the reader on the computer. After a short scan, she brings up the picture, saving it to her hard drive and removing the SD card and handing it back. "I can help search if nobody else is up for it, but I would be better off seeing what I can dig up on this ring."
Storyteller:
138 | 06/28/2010 6:45 pm [you, sir, have impeccable timing]
Storyteller:
138 | 06/28/2010 6:45 pm [The group is either prepared to rob or recruit you Wink]
Riley Donaldson:
167 | 06/28/2010 6:46 pm (Whisper to Storyteller) ((sadly this won't be a normal thing for me as mondays are usually pretty busy. but I'm here. I take it I missed on a few things?))
Greg:
152 | 06/28/2010 6:46 pm Greg looks at Zoey. "We don't actually have the ring in our possession. A bystander took it from the scene. But I plan to locate him soon."
Liam Tonge:
166 | 06/28/2010 6:46 pm Liam shrugged "I guess you could give it a try."
Storyteller:
138 | 06/28/2010 6:47 pm (Whisper to Riley Donaldson) Not too much, really. The vampire woke up, stole an ambulance, ran it into the parking lot, took off to a car and was killed]
Zoey:
158 | 06/28/2010 6:47 pm "Which is fine. Possession is no longer 9/10's." Zoey grins, tapping the laptop. "I can find a lot of information just using this. You'd be surprised what people who have no idea what they are talking about can tell you."
Storyteller:
138 | 06/28/2010 6:48 pm (Whisper to Riley Donaldson) [The group is about to try and found you for the oh so interesting ring Riley has. How about you enter with what Riley is doing now?]
Riley Donaldson:
167 | 06/28/2010 6:48 pm (Whisper to Storyteller) ((Would Riley have seen all of this?))
Storyteller:
138 | 06/28/2010 6:48 pm (Whisper to Riley Donaldson) [oh, yes. Have you read the log?]
Zoey:
158 | 06/28/2010 6:48 pm "Of course, if the ring is in any way a threat, we need to retrieve it. But. I intend to find out how much of a threat it is."
Riley Donaldson:
167 | 06/28/2010 6:49 pm (Whisper to Storyteller) ((just started reading it, but I'm having forum account issues, so I haven't posted anything))
Storyteller:
138 | 06/28/2010 6:49 pm (Whisper to Riley Donaldson) [He would have seen Liam, Professor and Dave chase down the ambulance and teh man fleeing (uharmed!) from the ambulance, and Liam getting the hairpspray and lighter. You could even have him see the vampire be lit on fire and his things stolen, if you want]
Storyteller:
138 | 06/28/2010 6:50 pm (Whisper to Zoey, Riley Donaldson) Do you want to try and research the ring?
Greg:
152 | 06/28/2010 6:50 pm "Alright then. Run a search on a Professor Donaldson at the local university. See if he has a phone number we can call." He frowns slightly at her last comment. "Just be mindful of what happened to Eve after she took the apple from the tree of knowledge child."
Riley Donaldson:
167 | 06/28/2010 6:50 pm (Whisper to Storyteller) (( :-D. great))

Greg:
152 | 06/28/2010 6:50 pm "Alright then. Run a search on a Professor Donaldson at the local university. See if he has a phone number we can call." He frowns slightly at her last comment. "Just be mindful of what happened to Eve after she took the apple from the tree of knowledge child."
Riley Donaldson:
167 | 06/28/2010 6:50 pm (Whisper to Storyteller) (( :-D. great))
Zoey:
158 | 06/28/2010 6:50 pm (Whisper to Storyteller) Yes. First, can I use an int+occult to try and pick out symbols, stone, anything else to help me search?
Dave:
163 | 06/28/2010 6:51 pm "We got a pretty good haul off that neckbiter. Like twelve hundred bucks. Anyone want to order in?"
Storyteller:
138 | 06/28/2010 6:51 pm (Whisper to Zoey) let me get the pic up]
Riley Donaldson:
167 | 06/28/2010 6:51 pm (Whisper to Storyteller) ((Riley definitely will. He already knows about the roman myth about the ring and would start there))
Storyteller:
138 | 06/28/2010 6:51 pm (Whisper to Zoey, Riley Donaldson) http://www.fearful-judgement.com/forum/download/file.php?id=2
Zoey:
158 | 06/28/2010 6:51 pm Zoey brings up the network connections, looking for the strongest signal.
Storyteller:
138 | 06/28/2010 6:52 pm "Oh, the pizza!" Dr Hollandale recalls and hurries out to the car, bringing in some still warm pizza and drinks.
Zoey:
158 | 06/28/2010 6:52 pm (Whisper to Storyteller) Okay, can I make an occult check to pick anything out about it first?
Zoey:
158 | 06/28/2010 6:52 pm (Whisper to Storyteller) Very Happy I need something to base this search off of.
Storyteller:
138 | 06/28/2010 6:52 pm (Whisper to Zoey) Yes, let me know what shes looking for
Storyteller:
138 | 06/28/2010 6:52 pm (Whisper to Riley Donaldson) Go ahead and start on describing what he's researching
Riley Donaldson:
167 | 06/28/2010 6:53 pm *Strange how things after a lecture might not be quite the same after being attacked by a maniac. Riley heads to his office on campus, a library book or to in his backpack, to do some research.*
Zoey:
158 | 06/28/2010 6:53 pm (Whisper to Storyteller) Um, well. Occult meanings behind the stone, or any of the symbols on it is a good start.
Storyteller:
138 | 06/28/2010 6:53 pm (Whisper to Zoey) Go ahead and give me an occult roll, please
Zoey:
158 | 06/28/2010 6:53 pm She opens two tabs on the browser, the first goig to the local university, where she clicks on 'Staff.' Ctrl+F. 'Donaldson.'
Zoey:
158 | 06/28/2010 6:54 pm She returns to the picture of the ring for a moment, looking at it.
Storyteller:
138 | 06/28/2010 6:54 pm (Whisper to Zoey) He will be simple enough to find, give me a sec for teh write up
Management:
0 | 06/28/2010 6:55 pm Zoey has rolled an Int+Occult roll (6 dice), getting 2, 8, 4, 6, 1, 8, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die. Zoey has 2 successes.
Riley Donaldson:
167 | 06/28/2010 6:55 pm (Whisper to Storyteller) ((He'll come up in the History and Archaeology departments, teaching courses in both))
Storyteller:
138 | 06/28/2010 6:55 pm (Whisper to Riley Donaldson) Go ahead and do a research roll on the artifact, with a +1 for his spec
Storyteller:
138 | 06/28/2010 6:56 pm As Zoey researches about the elusive man who had departed with the ring, she quickly discovers that he comes up in the History and Archaeology departments. It appears that he is teaching courses in both subjects.
Management:
0 | 06/28/2010 6:57 pm Riley Donaldson has rolled an Int + Investigation spec. Artifacts +1 roll (7 dice), getting 9, 8, 6, 3, 1, 3, 7, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die. Riley Donaldson has 2 successes.
Greg:
152 | 06/28/2010 6:57 pm (afk little bit)
Zoey:
158 | 06/28/2010 6:57 pm (Whisper to Storyteller) Zoey writes down his office number and address and hands it over to one of the guys, then flips back to the web browser, and begins digging.
Storyteller:
138 | 06/28/2010 6:57 pm (Whisper to Zoey) As Zoey scrutinizes the ring, she recognizes several of the insignia on the ring as an Ancient Roman style. The ring itself looks incredibly old. It must be an ancient Roman ring!
Doc:
3 | 06/28/2010 6:58 pm He snorts at the cavalier attitude but then shakes his head, they'd survived tangling with a corpse, not bad.
Storyteller:
138 | 06/28/2010 6:58 pm (Whisper to Riley Donaldson) As Riley scrutinizes the ring, he recognizes several of the insignia on the ring as an Ancient Roman style. The ring itself looks incredibly old. It must be an ancient Roman ring!


Zoey:
158 | 06/28/2010 6:59 pm Zoey writes down his office number and address and hands it over to one of the guys, then flips back to the web browser, and begins digging.
Riley Donaldson:
167 | 06/28/2010 7:01 pm *He gawks at the ring for a long moment in disbelief at what he's found and the fact some random guy was actually wearing the thing. He gingerly places the ring in a small container that one would use to hold slides or other fragile things as he starts flipping through the books on Roman history he picked up after remembering the legends about the ring from earlier.*
Zoey:
158 | 06/28/2010 7:01 pm (Whisper to Storyteller) I keep accidently whispering you xD Okay. So. Now that I know it's Roman, can I try and figure out how rare such a ring would be? Also, Pre-Christian Rome? Pre-Greek conquering Rome? How ancient is it? The occult symbols would have ticked that - Romans had their own religion at first, then the greek deities, then christianity.
Storyteller:
138 | 06/28/2010 7:02 pm (Whisper to Riley Donaldson) Go ahead and give me another roll, please Smile
Zoey:
158 | 06/28/2010 7:02 pm (Whisper to Storyteller) Sorry, one question at a time - first of all, how ancient?
Management:
0 | 06/28/2010 7:03 pm Riley Donaldson has rolled an Int + Investigation spec. Artifacts +1 roll roll (7 dice), getting 1, 6, 8, 6, 4, 7, 4, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die. Riley Donaldson has 1 success.
Storyteller:
138 | 06/28/2010 7:03 pm (Whisper to Zoey) The ring itself is very, very old. It seems to date to Rome itself, in its peak
Riley Donaldson:
167 | 06/28/2010 7:04 pm (Whisper to Storyteller) ((7 dice and this is the best I can do??? lol))
Zoey:
158 | 06/28/2010 7:04 pm Alright, so Roman peak would be during the Christian era. Alright, can I ID that stone and the metal used to make the ring?
Zoey:
158 | 06/28/2010 7:04 pm ( Oops ))
Zoey:
158 | 06/28/2010 7:04 pm (( Meant that to be a whisper xD ))
Storyteller:
138 | 06/28/2010 7:05 pm As Riley investigates, he hits onto a similiar story - about a power to harness the sun. Taking that into account, he manages to narrow down onto one particular legend about a man who longed to harness the power of the sun to use at his will..
Liam Tonge:
166 | 06/28/2010 7:05 pm (So can I go to Riley's house now or do we have to head to his office the next day.)
Storyteller:
138 | 06/28/2010 7:05 pm (Whisper to Riley Donaldson) [you'll need more successes to get at some more info!]
Storyteller:
138 | 06/28/2010 7:06 pm [You can decide where you'd want to go now. His office is listed]
Storyteller:
138 | 06/28/2010 7:06 pm (Whisper to Zoey) [The metal would be gold. The stone can not be accurately Identified
Greg:
152 | 06/28/2010 7:07 pm (back)
Riley Donaldson:
167 | 06/28/2010 7:08 pm (Whisper to Storyteller) ((can I roll again?))
Storyteller:
138 | 06/28/2010 7:08 pm (Whisper to Riley Donaldson) [please do!]
Liam Tonge:
166 | 06/28/2010 7:08 pm (Isn't his cell listed? Can I just call him?)
Doc:
3 | 06/28/2010 7:08 pm (Whisper to Storyteller) I'm afraid I'm going to have to bow out soon, i need to get some sleep...
Riley Donaldson:
167 | 06/28/2010 7:09 pm ((usually a university would have an office phone, which is where he is right now))
Riley Donaldson:
167 | 06/28/2010 7:09 pm ((er, a university prof would have an office phone listed, that is))
Storyteller:
138 | 06/28/2010 7:09 pm [Indeed, you could call his office number]
Liam Tonge:
166 | 06/28/2010 7:09 pm (Oh, good. He's there. Cool, I'll call that then.)
Management:
0 | 06/28/2010 7:10 pm Riley Donaldson has rolled an Int + Investigation spec. Artifacts +1 roll roll roll (7 dice), getting 6, 4, 3, 9, 6, 1, 5, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die. Riley Donaldson has 1 success.
Greg:
152 | 06/28/2010 7:10 pm "Why don't you give him a call Liam. I wouldn't want to scare him too badly now."
Liam Tonge:
166 | 06/28/2010 7:10 pm Liam takes his cell and calls the Professor's office number.
Storyteller:
138 | 06/28/2010 7:10 pm (Whisper to Riley Donaldson) Ok, we're chipping away! Feel free to keep rolling, I'm getting you a bit more info to narrow down on
Zoey:
158 | 06/28/2010 7:11 pm (Whisper to Storyteller) Alright, so at least an upper middle class. Alright, going to try and find information on occult groups in that era of Rome, and cross reference any symbols associated with them with those on the ring. If any stones come up as catalyst for power in any of them, I'll find pics of those stones and cross reference as well.
Riley Donaldson:
167 | 06/28/2010 7:11 pm *It takes a few rings, but he picks up.* "Riley Donaldson History Department speaking." *He sounds a bit unfocused*
Storyteller:
138 | 06/28/2010 7:11 pm (Whisper to Zoey) Good! another oll, please
Management:
0 | 06/28/2010 7:11 pm Riley Donaldson has rolled an Int + Investigation spec. Artifacts +1 roll roll roll (7 dice), getting 10, 8, 10, 2, 8, 6, 4, 10, 10, 8, 3, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die. Riley Donaldson has 7 successes.
Riley Donaldson:
167 | 06/28/2010 7:11 pm (Whisper to Storyteller) ((booya!))
Zoey:
158 | 06/28/2010 7:12 pm (Whisper to Storyteller) Int+academics, with my research spec? Very Happy
Storyteller:
138 | 06/28/2010 7:13 pm (Whisper to Riley Donaldson) As Riley reads, he locates a foot note mentioning a specific person, Emperor Marcus Aurelius. Utilizing another book, he manages to feel truly triumphant!
Storyteller:
138 | 06/28/2010 7:13 pm (Whisper to Zoey) yes
Dave:
163 | 06/28/2010 7:13 pm (holy shit)
Management:
0 | 06/28/2010 7:13 pm Zoey has rolled an Int+Academics (Research) roll (7 dice), getting 5, 2, 1, 10, 5, 10, 6, 1, 9, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die. Zoey has 3 successes.
Greg:
152 | 06/28/2010 7:14 pm (yeah wow)
Riley Donaldson:
167 | 06/28/2010 7:14 pm (Whisper to Storyteller) ((So Marcus Aurelius was the one who wanted to harness the sun?))
Liam Tonge:
166 | 06/28/2010 7:14 pm "Hello Professor Donaldson." says Liam cheerfully "I believe you've met our group at the library and we figured that you probably took the ring. Anyway, we're wondering if you could meet up with us so we can talk about it."
Greg:
152 | 06/28/2010 7:14 pm (I just realized how awesome that roll was)
Storyteller:
138 | 06/28/2010 7:15 pm (Whisper to Riley Donaldson) Commodus was loved by the people of Rome. Thirty years after his death, the priests of Rome declared Commodus a god. He was tasked to pull the sun across the sky with his chariot at the whims of Apollo! There is a specific legend attached to the ring that claimed that a specific group of devout Romans took the ring and had it be imbued with the actual power of the sun. The researchers declare that many believe that the ringbearer had the ability to smite his enemies with the power of the sun.
Zoey:
158 | 06/28/2010 7:15 pm (( WOW. I wish I was that epic xD ))
Riley Donaldson:
167 | 06/28/2010 7:16 pm ((Oh yeah! Riley now has access to the entire SL. lol))
Zoey:
158 | 06/28/2010 7:17 pm (Whisper to Storyteller) If you need me to turn that extended, let me know.
Storyteller:
138 | 06/28/2010 7:18 pm (Whisper to Zoey) As Zoey researched, she discovered that there was a legend regarding this very ring, called the Ring of Commodus. This particular ring was presented to Commudus, who was beloved in Rome. As Zoey continues to research, she finds a shadowy index on the 'net that believes that this ring is a bane upon vampires. There is a thread arguing about it- some claim that the ring was passed amongst the rich vampires, where others claim that it was a bane to vampires.
Storyteller:
138 | 06/28/2010 7:19 pm [OK, Zoey and Riley have two halves of a very interesting story.... I want to warn the two of you that these are all in whispers, so you may know some of the same aspects and the other might know a different aspect.]
Riley Donaldson:
167 | 06/28/2010 7:19 pm "Oh, certainl-" *He suddenly stops, and when he speaks again his voice no longer sounds distracted.* "Wait, are you the ones who were talking about the spawn of Satan and vampires?"
Storyteller:
138 | 06/28/2010 7:19 pm [Also, the others have no clue whats going on Razz]


Dave:
163 | 06/28/2010 7:20 pm (Whisper to Storyteller) 'cept me, lol
Riley Donaldson:
167 | 06/28/2010 7:20 pm ((Of course. :-) ))
Liam Tonge:
166 | 06/28/2010 7:21 pm "One of us was. That's just kind of his personality."
Greg:
152 | 06/28/2010 7:21 pm Greg checks his own cell phone. He frowns as he realizes he has another appointment. "If you'll excuse me. The Pastor needs help in attending to the flock. Do what you must, but know this. What serves the enemy does not come from God, but hell. What comes from hell must be destroyed. If the ring is anything but an ordinary ring, destroy it immediately, lest the devil lead you astray." With that the grim preacher makes his exit.
Zoey:
158 | 06/28/2010 7:21 pm (( Obviously ))
Storyteller:
138 | 06/28/2010 7:21 pm (Whisper to Dave) lol! except you. Zoe has the bit about vampires, but Riley has all the rest sans vampires. He has 'shadowy devout followers'
Dave:
163 | 06/28/2010 7:21 pm "That was him, the fat one." Dave mutters.
Storyteller:
138 | 06/28/2010 7:21 pm [lol!]
Dave:
163 | 06/28/2010 7:22 pm "He lays it on pretty thick, I don't know about 'Spawn of Satan', but vampires are assholes, I know that much. Giant assholes."."
Greg:
152 | 06/28/2010 7:23 pm (alrighty see yah 'all tomorrow)
Storyteller:
138 | 06/28/2010 7:24 pm {bye!]
Dave:
163 | 06/28/2010 7:24 pm (see ya)
Liam Tonge:
166 | 06/28/2010 7:24 pm Liam chuckles. "Where should we meet up with him? Here fine?" He asks the others.
Zoey:
158 | 06/28/2010 7:24 pm "Got it." Zoey rereads the page, making sure she remembers all of it. ".... Shit." She leaned back in the chair, sighing. "Yeah, this could either be a huge boon to us..." She turns and glances at the others. "Or a major issue if any vampires get a hold of it."
Management:
0 | 06/28/2010 7:24 pm Greg has left the Territories
Zoey:
158 | 06/28/2010 7:24 pm "Here is good. I don't have a printer, so I can at least access this information easily here."
Storyteller:
138 | 06/28/2010 7:25 pm (Whisper to Zoey) [I love how you phrased that. I've been waiting for you to say something Smile]
Riley Donaldson:
167 | 06/28/2010 7:25 pm "Uh huh. Then there's the whole fire incident too. These aren't exactly the most relieving things I've ever heard." *He pauses* "On the other hand, you did save that young woman in the library. I'll tell you what. We'll meet at a coffee house at (insert time), and you can give me some background as to why some lunatic would be so interested in Roman history, Mr...?"
Liam Tonge:
166 | 06/28/2010 7:26 pm "Tonge."
Doc:
3 | 06/28/2010 7:26 pm "power taken from that side rarely helps." he says with a glance to the doctor, they'd both seen what happened when one of theirs got too wrapped up in the power that the other side of the line could offer, the farm was not a good memory.
Storyteller:
138 | 06/28/2010 7:28 pm "This isn't a head that makes zombies." The Doctor replies to Doc. She glances to Zoey, uncertain. "Is it? Because I think zombies are bad for every one."
Riley Donaldson:
167 | 06/28/2010 7:28 pm "Alright Mr. Tonge, that sounds good. I think you can also understand I'm one person, and there's at least 3 of you, and that makes me rather uncomfortable as well, so this will be done in broad daylight. Are we in agreement?"
Dave:
163 | 06/28/2010 7:29 pm "You need to lighten up, Doc."




Seryna

Posts : 805
Points : 959
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2009-04-26
Age : 32
Location : California

View user profile http://shadowclaw.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum