Motor City Burning
Welcome to Motor City Burning: World of Darkness online role playing game. Due to the graphic, predatory nature of the violence and adult activities Kindred, Hunters, and the Created take part in, we require all players to be 18 years of age or older. If you are at least 18 and would like to play with us, hit the "Register" key and come on in!

Church Matters

Go down

Church Matters

Post by Seryna on Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:09 pm

Storyteller:
As the group splits into pairs, Zeneviev and Dominik's planning is interrupted by a message arriving on Zeneviev's phone. As she checks it, she recognizes the Mallus contact that had called her during the road trip with Dino. The message was simple- the address of a nearby church and a time- twenty minutes from now.

Zeneviev:
"Listen, I've got somewhere to be." Zeneviev felt awkward one-to-one with Dominik, for all her bluster while in the group. She pulled out her wallet, flipping through and determining she had just about enough to get a soda. Great. "Um.. want to come?" So smooth.
Dominik:
"Sounds smashing. What is it, dinner?" Dominik says, standing and straightening his jacket.
Zeneviev:
"Church first." Zeneviev heads outside, calling the number of a local cab company to swing by and take them to the church.
Storyteller:
As the cab delivers the pair to church, the pair can see a tall, thin man entering the church before them. The wraparound parking lot reveals only a smattering of people have come to pray.
Zeneviev:
Zeneviev wasn't about to go calling out to random strangers to determine if they were her contact. She heads on inside, looking around for anyone that might like wise be looking for her.
Dominik:
"So you invite me to join you and you take me to Church?" Dominik asks with a frown.
Storyteller:
As Zeneviev glances around, she sees that the thin man stands nearby. He glances at her- and his eyes linger at Dominik. He faces the two, not speaking for a moment. behind him, two old women sit on pews, heads bowed in prayer. After a moment, the man walks slowly towards you. As he nears, he clarifies. "Zeneviev Constantinescu?"
Zeneviev:
"Correct." Zeneviev bows her head politely, "You are the one who called me here?" She tried to recognize his voice, but didn't want to make any big assumptions.
Storyteller:
"Yes, I wish to speak to you. Your name has come up in a rather delicate situation. I did not expect your friend." The man states, glancing at Dominik briefly,not making eye contact. The man stands with poor posture, his hands shoved in the pockets of his find jacket.
Zeneviev:
"He is an ally to the cause, I can speak with you privately if you would prefer." Zeneviev glances aside at Dominik, finding great joy in the prospect of leaving him behind in a quiet church. Maybe he'd find God.
Dominik:
Dominik shrugs. Matters of the Church, boring stuff, whatever.
Storyteller:
"I am Silas." The man stated, extending his hand first to Zeneviev and then to Dominik. "He can come, if you trust him... let us sit. We shall discuss your recent endeavor with someone named Dino. He's gotten word back to me that I think you should hear."
Zeneviev:
Zeneviev felt a knot form in her throat before she nodded. She followed Silas over and sat down, listening to what he had to say.
Storyteller:
"First, I would wish to mention your unusual handling of Hogan. He has been a thorn and a boon to us for some time. No two people can decide how he shall be dealt with. The man himself is unpredictable and dangerous, quickly becoming a recluse... But, he somehow has Gods' favor. This is perplexing, yes?"
Dominik follows with his arms crossed, deciding to just be a silent watcher for now.
Zeneviev:
"He is convicted, if nothing else, than to God. It is not surprising that his faith can command such ability. Most of us still have our doubts we battle daily with." Zeneviev admits honestly.
Storyteller:
"You were given knowledge of something few know of." Silas said. "That Hogan has had a breakthrough. Perhaps because of his dedication to God, as you say. But... we are concerned that such a valuable gift from God is set in a basket that hangs on such a precarious branch."
Zeneviev:
"I did not see fit to ask him to share it with me when he had already compromised to allow me to fulfill my mission." Zeneviev chews at the inside of her lip, now regretting letting Dominik hear all of this.
Storyteller:
"Not a bad decision, then, Miss Constantinescu. All of your companions lived through the mission, did they not? This is far better than others who have gone poking after Hogan." The man sits in a nearby pew, making a steeple of his hands. "Yet... now, we hear that he has decided to 'check on' Dino. For our purposes, he seems as benign as a tiger in captivity. But- it could pose another opportunity."
Zeneviev:
"Would you like that I make sure that he doesn't go after Dino?" Zeneviev asks, not wanting to get judged guilty by Hogan herself..
Storyteller:
"No." Silas stated. "Dino is in a good place. One of our agents is already observing the interaction that is underway as we speak. I would not send you off for a week away when you've had success in reasoning with Hogan." Silas pauses, looking up at the ceiling. "There is another who has heard of your success with Dino and seeks redemption. It would seem unwise to face Hogan with a situation so near to the last time that you met. She is already being sequestered away, but we have ensured that Hogan knows of where she is supposed to bee. Surely, he will come to call." He glances at Zeneviev, his expression one of curiosity. "What would you have to say if you met with Hogan again?"
Zeneviev:
"I would ask him if he had felt I had kept my word and if he would see fit to share God's boon with me that I might continue to protect my companions." Zeneviev says.
Storyteller:
"A most clever conclusion." Silas nodded, looking pleased. "You have, after all, fulfilled the little pact between you. Will you meet with him?"

Seryna

Posts : 805
Points : 959
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2009-04-26
Age : 34
Location : California

View user profile http://shadowclaw.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum